[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Finnish robots here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Finland general.jpg (180KB, 583x646px) Image search: [Google]
Finland general.jpg
180KB, 583x646px
I've been turning over the idea in my head of going/moving to Finland for a long time. Basically I'm just sick and tired of normie culture in [Generic First-World Nation], the rat race, the urbanization and social norms, etc.

I like the increasingly-rare small town I can find, in my own nation, that isn't just an extended suburb of some shit city or something. But even those are tainted by the culture there, everyone pulling out their smartphones to grasp at the tiny bit of data service or quoting Stephen Colbert/Current Year Man over lunch and laughing like it's the funniest thing in the world, and whatnot.

I just want to go to a remote town to work, live, drink, and die (without reproducing, so none of that "destroying ethnic Finland" shit which I hate as much as any natsock.) Can I? Should I? Would it delay my inevitable suicide at all?

To further clarify, I'm currently a construction worker, and have never been a part of the normie/city/sitcom life even in my own nation, where I feel like an alien when people start talking about going clubbing or one-night stands every weekend, or how important it is to get some shitty raise at their shitty job so they can gain one imaginary ounce of social value. I'm not some trustfund coffee-shop hipster who thinks rural places are some magical land with nice people and 4G cell service and rainbow unicorns.
>>
Where do you live and why do you think Finland will be so much better?
>>
File: tenor.gif (513KB, 220x123px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
513KB, 220x123px
>>36762645
Why the fuck would you move here?

Literally one of the worst countries in the world. Once Marie Le Pen wins and the EU gets dismantled, we will get attacked by Russia because there won't be anyone to protect us.
>>
>>36762717
I live in a small mountain town in burger that sometimes feels remote until you realize that a major city is just an hour down the road, and what looks like open mountain forest is actually just miles and miles of 1-5acre lots with fences and brand-new cars.
>why
It's not America. I don't hear it to be the mind-numbing contradictory society, filled with social networks and SJW shit and a government that is so convoluted and publicly corrupt that the only think keeping it upright is the incredible military enforcing the petrodollar across the world and bringing unrealistically high living standards to the majority of the population.

Mostly it's the pop culture. It's not some retarded kneejerk "muh kids these days" shit, it's just outright alienation. I'm too meme-autism to jump through the hoops and play the parts I need to, even on the occasions when I understand that I need to. I'm not going to sit and pretend to care about some shitcunt's art major, or whatever.

I suppose it's hard to put into words, but I feel alienated by mainstream culture, and the rare times I connect with someone, they feel likewise alienated. Frequently to the point of buying a plot of land in the middle of nowhere and building a house off the grid to get away from it.
>>
>>36762735
>Literally one of the worst countries in the world
Why do you say that, and why would Russia want Finland so much? It's not really an effective buffer state as I see it, since the only nations on the other side are Sweden and Norway. Do you have significant oil reserves? If that's the case, burger would have a vested interest in keeping you on the petrodollar.
>>
>>36762735
Dude, don't believe everything /pol/ is telling you. Le Pen ain't gonna win, and even if she did, EU is not going to get dismantled as long as Germany is Europes biggest economic powerhouse.
>>
Joensuu representing.

>without reproducing, so none of that "destroying ethnic Finland"
It don't matter to me whether you reproduce or not, as long as you aren't a shitskin or a muslim. White, hardworking European immigrants are ok in my opinion. Construction... might work out nicely, the Estonians are coming here to do that pretty often. Might just find a job, although living in rural area would mean traveling to a bigger city every day. Also a drivers license is a must.

But still, don't romanticize Finland, while we aren't a "smalltalk and interacting with non-friends/relatives", you need to have basic social interaction skills in every job in every country. If you are up for it, like being innawoods and drinking booze, why the hell not.
>>
>>36762860
>export-based economy
Won't it suffer if large markets like France and the UK start raising import taxes?
>>
>>36762926
>If you are up for it, like being innawoods and drinking booze
Sounds like paradise to me. Tell me about the weather/seasons up there.
>Estonians coming
Interesting, are they resented like Mexichums in burger or is it just kind of a non-issue? I had assumed that, as you got more rural, there'd be less and less construction jobs out of the city so what you say makes sense. Here, many small towns are primarily white-collar commuters (especially in coastal states) so even a small town can often support a fair construction/trade industry.
>>
>>36762928
Of course it would. But UK and France are not exactly our biggest trade partners (8,1% of exports in 2014 combined). Those would be Germany, Sweden, Russia and China.
>>
>>36763086
>trade partners
>China
You have a trade surplus with China, is what you're saying? As in, you make shit and they buy it, not the other way around?

I'm surprised at Sweden though, I didn't think they'd be such a big market. Unless you're importing a lot of oil or timber or something, in which case you're back to the surplus/deficit issue.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.