[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEARN TO DRUM

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
I HAVE 2-3 MONTHS TO LEARN TO PLAY A DRUM SET COMPETENTLY.
I HAVE NO PRIOR MUSICAL EXPERIENCE
I DIDNT KNOW WHERE ELSE TO POST THIS
HOW CAN I LEARN IN 3 MONTHS MAX?
>>
Play all day and use a metronome, the drums are fun as hell to play
>>
>>36758888
Ok but the first problem is I don't have a drum set
I don't have much cash either
I don't have an instructor
Can you please be more descriptive or at the very least suggest a set?
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 480x356px
>mfw my thread is going to archive with 1 reply to my post
>>
I need assistance r9k, I literally need this. My life is on the line here
>>
Well my threads dead now. Whatever. I'll wait for it to archive.
>>
I'm gey
>>
>>36758850
what kind of wacky sitcom romcom movie type situation did you get into?

>s-sure Stacey I'll join your band h-haha I've played the duh-drums aaalll my life!

Anyways you could just buy a tabletop electronic set for like 100 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PTED01-Electronic-Table-Digital/dp/B0045XUU08/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1461404658&sr=1-1&keywords=Pyle-pro+PTED01&linkCode=ll1&tag=electronicdrumkitreviews-20&linkId=0be235744435abda5d3bcb9f8582f8a9

and/or just sign up for drum lessons at a local music academy.
>>
>>36759544
There are no music academy near me and I couldn't go to them I there were
Are there online resources that are preferably free?
>>
>>36758850
why do you need to learn the drums so quickly?
>>
>>36758850
You couldn't learn to play competently in 2-3 years with no prior musical experience. Enjoy whatever weird shit you got yourself into, dipshit
>>
>>36759613
I can't give a reason that makes sense
I just need to learn
If I can then maybe I'll be able to explain later
>>
>>36758850
Drum faghot here

Metronome.. you can download one on your phone
Get stick control for the snare drummer, learn basic rock riffs/jazz riffs, basic fills, basic rudiments paradiddles/open and closed rolls, and other combinations you will find in stick control.

Learn to sync bass drum pedal and opening and closing the the hi hats alernating between 4/4 and 3/4 patterns.

You should be good, but if youre going to rush it you know its not going to work. If you are doing this to impress some girl, you are beyond retarded and saving.
>>
>>36759663
No this isn't for a girl
I wish it was
I've got a lot riding on this
>>
>>36759579
>There are no music academy near me and I couldn't go to them

Are you sure? Why not? The advantage is that they have drum kits there for you to use.

Are there online resources that are preferably free?

well sure you could probably find youtube tutorials and all that, but without an actual drumset or electronic drumkit to hit it's like watching swimming tutorials without going in the water.

I mean there's also free apps for your phone or tablet. The one called Real Drum on google play is actually pretty useful, it has a total of 13 drum pads that you can move around and customize, it also comes with like 60+ lessons/patterns for you to learn.

You'll just be tapping your finger on your phone or tablet BUT you'll at least be getting a sense of rhythm.

You really totally still need some sort of drum kit though, especially to synch your feet with your hands.

What exactly do you need to be doing? If you're not playing live you can always just use a DAW to pre-record drum patterns.
>>
>Anon has to win the local drum competition to save the local orphanage and get the girl - AND IF HE'S OFF-BEAT A BOMB WILL EXPLODE AND DESTROY THE ENTIRE AUDITORIUM - coming soon to an iMax movie theater near you
>>
>>36759745
Yeah I guess you could say it'll be live
Can you suggest a drum set for me to buy if I can't find an academy?
>>
>>36758850
Forgot one thing get tabs on easy songs. Nirvana is easy as hell to play get the the tabs practice the coordination and then put on headphones and play along
>>
>>36759810
I wouldn't really know, sorry, I make music digitally all from my computer. I just plug in drum patterns like it's Microsoft Excel and then it plays it for me. I haven't touched a drum kit since like 1997.

But like I said, an electronic drumkit is probably your best bet. Look up what they have on Amazon or like your local Best Buy or something and check out if you have a local music store as well.

You said earlier

>I don't have much cash either

So I'm assuming you're eyeballing something less than 1000$.

Will you have a drum set provided to you in three months time or do you need to bring your own?
>>
>>36759914
Bring my own, an I don't know what's good and what's not
>>
>>36759948
hhmm

well like I said that's just outside my area of expertise. I do know that drum kits & sets vary accordingly to what sort of music you'd be playing. Like if you're playing progressive metal you could use up to like a dozen cymbals and dozen tom drums, and two bass drums - but for something like bluegrass you can get by with just a snare and hi-hat. So keep that in mind before you buy the biggest drum kit.

You should ask /mu/ instead.
>>
>>36760044
Yeah I asked there and got no replies other than a "fuck you faggot"
I've been brainstorming for a while and I think I could contact a friend of mine from high school who played percussion for help
>>
>>36760044
Thanks for all the help though man
>>
>>36758850
Learn from the best. Look up matt gartska, jojo mayer, and look at the drumeo youtube channel.
>>
>>36759948
Buy used replace drum heads make sure drums arent old and warped.. Try getting a used Tama rockstar, usually new 450-650. Dont get a cbs, they are 350 new but are terrible. Pearl starters are also good I forget what they are called though.
>>
>>36760115
Ok thanks for the information
So I'm looking at about $600 of equipment right?
>>
>>36760076
>>36760096

Sure thing, and yeah even though I love music, /mu/ is more like /memes/ most of the time.
>>
>>36760171
Used drums and cymbals yeah 600 would be a great deal, cymbals used can be realky hit or miss, buy a b8 crash and b8 ride new, hopefully 600 will cover it. B8 is brand name, they are starter cymbals. Zylgian has a starter brand they might be better B8s are Sabians
>>
>>36760171
But the only cymbals you need to start out with is a crash and ride, you dont need anything else.. hi hats might or might not be included. Try to get them included.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.