[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to get a job?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1491512038682.png (311KB, 409x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491512038682.png
311KB, 409x500px
I have been to a few employment interviews lately and I've failed all of them horribly. I can't even get a job at fast food places. It's too much. How the fuck am I supposed to act like a non-autist in an interview that is designed to filter out autists?

Fucking hell. Probably gonna be NEET for life.
>>
Some of you have jobs, how did you get past the interview? It seems impossible for non-normies.

Probably gonna end up getting kicked out by mom for not getting a job.
>>
>>36754856
I don't even know, i just went to a interview day and totally sperged out, i even prepare a shor awnser to every posible questin but i ended up forgeting everything, fucking hell even in the most basic jobs i'v been looking like Fast food or cleaning jobs that stupid interview is always required.
>>
>Expecting any kind of advice from r9k
That's like asking /a advice about women, go to /adv instead or any other board for that matter.
>>
>>36755546
What job are you trying to get anon? Wagecuck or (and what I recommend) something more specialized?
>>
>>36756537
Mom will kick me out of the house if I don't get a job.

>something more specialized

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>36756181
r u me?

That's what I did too. Fucking interviews. I can't say my prepared answers and I can't behave like a normal human being. Forgot to shake the guys hand afterwards and it was very awkward.
>>
>>36756613
By something specialized I mean something like plumbing, HVAC, IT, what have you. Anyway, in the interview, dress nice (but not too nice, khakis, button down, nicest pair of shoes you have should suffice), shower/shave/hair cut unless if you look good with a beard, and before the interview if you're still having second thoughts try to pump yourself up, going in with a visibly nervous attitude won't work so well. I know it's better said than done, but it's vital. Going on, try to practice improvisation, as having set in stone answers to hypothetical questions could go south very quickly. Act confident, explain why you're good and great at whatever they ask, bullshit a little if you have to. Basically just act like you're confident and assertive. And before the >just bee urself REEEEEE posters arrive, note that I'm just talking about jobs, not trying to get into some whore's pants, which is a whole other ballpark.
>>
>>36756797
Oh, something that take training. Maybe I could try to get into that later, but right now I desperately need a job or I will sleep on the street.

This looks like good advice, but hard to do. I guess practice is needed. I think I have a nervous attitude, as it's always a new place and I have no idea what to do.
>>
>>36757057
If college or whatever doesn't work out I would definitely recommend specialized training. You can make good money learning something actually valuable and if you go commercial there will hardly be a day you're bored since you'll never really know what you're going to be doing next. I think a lot of people would benefit from something like that nowadays. Heard Britain things like that are a tad tougher to get, but if you're in America then for most things it should be of no issue.
>>
>>36756797
>plumbing, HVAC, IT
People have to get entire Associate's degrees in those things now. Do that and take any hands-on opportunity you can during it and interviewing will basically be a formality at that point.
>>
>>36757293
They're fairly simple to get, at least here in PA. By law if you work in one of those fields you must be a part of a union, so just go to the union, say "hey I'd like to join and learn *insert random trade here*", pay a thousand or two thousand dollars for two or so years of training and you're off. And even if you're not in PA, it's still less hassle and much more economically stable than a four year college. But it's not for everyone, there's a bit of driving involved and it can get physical, but don't mistake something like skilled trades for say a warehouse or dock worker, two different types of blue collar.
>>
>>36754856
>finally thought I did ok during an interview
>lasted 40 min
>still no job

At this point, I dont even know what Im doing wrong (besides low amounts of eye contact - I can't help it being a fucking social retard and a loser)
>>
>>36757477
40 min? Fuck dude, how did you make it? Every second in there is like torture.

I try to count second of eye contact. Like 10-20 seconds and then slightly look away or look at something else for 3 seconds and then repeat. Otherwise my eyes would be all over the place and just occasional eye contact.
>>
Same boat, OP. Ever worked at a job before?

I'd like to finally start working somewhere when I have my summer off being 21 and all, but all I've ever done is to help around my parents' convenience store back when they still have it, keeping tab on the inventory, restocking, rarely working the counter.

How do I find some comfy part time job?
>>
>>36757711
>how did you make it?

I had a screwdriver drink before the interview. Feel like it was the best one I've had since being laid off from my near min wage job (honestly the best and worst thing that has happened to me this year - I got unemployment benefits but Im back to being a NEET).

I still feel like it was sort of cringey though. I have a terrible work history (almost a dozen dead end near min wage jobs even though I have a bachelor's degree and graduated with honors). I always feel like I'm spouting bullshit in order to make it seem like I learned something while working those crap jobs. It just sounds so fake when I replay the interviews in my head.
>>
>>36754856
Apply for small family businesses, they'll get a lot less applicants than big fast food places and hire pretty much anyone, especially if they have a high turnover rate
>>
>>36757864
Maybe I should try the drink before. Or maybe the herbal jew. Anything to make me less nervous.

What degree do you have? Can't you get a related job?

The fakeness of interviews really bother me too, but it feels like I have to. They don't wanna hire me, they wanna hire Norm McSociable.
>>
>>36757057
Seriously need to show your mom your in charge, call the cops on that cunt. She brought you into this world without your permission, she has a responsibility to take care of you no matter what. Try to get on Neetbux if you can, I believe true autists deserve it.
>>
i finally had an interview today. i passed the first two parts, questionnaire and interview (had qt interviewer, even made her laugh a few times) but then they sprung a customer service test on me. Had to go up to random people, interrupt their shopping, and ask them questions and make conversation

i need to give up even trying for customer service jobs, but it's so hard to find anything else
>>
>>36755546
I'm great at interviews, that's the easy part.
they are structured and easy to act confident in (just do your research beforehand)

the fucked part is when I actually start working and have 0 connection with any of the employees and they slowly start to dislike you more and more. my last two jobs have just been people passive aggressively tolerating me while avoiding me or giving me "that look" whenever they pass by.

the only reason I'm not fired is because I'm actually capable of working hard
>>
this is why you get your role models from books instead of videogames. fiction, that kind of stuff. to put it in your racist pig capitalist language, you want to be in the mentality of a chink. oh yeah me like work hard me have rich inner life with hobbies and ambitions, but i prefer to keep things professional (all lies). i enjoy studying biology and writing (don't mention that your idea of writing is shitposting on the internet, or any bullshitty nu-male stuff like social commentary). don't wear plaid.

the reality is they don't want people who are over-qualified. they want people who are broken in some way because those are the ones you can bend to your will. this is a shitpost and i don't know if you should take that seriously, but that's the mentality i went in with and i got hired.
>>
Go get a job at a factory or construction. They literally don't give a shit who they hire, felons or whatever, as long as you work.
>>
>>36758731
No, that's true. Over-qualified people almost never get called for an interview, same as putting anything that isn't strongly agree/disagree on an application.
>>
>>36758175
>What degree do you have?
Political Science

>Can't you get a related job?

I tried to get an unpaid intershiprealated to my field. Wasn't successful. Now just trying to get any kind of paper puching desk job.
>>
>>36758175
Being slightly nervous is expected. If you smell even slightly of liquor or look like you're stoned you could have a degree from Harvard and they won't hire you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.