[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>text friend asking if they want to hang out in a few hours

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 798878978987989.jpg (5KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
798878978987989.jpg
5KB, 250x229px
>text friend asking if they want to hang out in a few hours
>go on a run right after because the possibility of hanging out fills me with motivation
>only time I am motivated enough to do anything like exercising
>run fairly fast and push myself to my limits because of motivation
>force myself not to read their reply until I am done
>get home, very sweaty, going to go hop in the shower and then hang out
>read their reply
>"busy", "can't" or a million other ways of saying no
>crushed and completely demotivated, but at least I got my exercise in for the day

Anybody else know this feel?
>>
actually no.

I do sport 6 - 7 times a week and am currently training for a 200km bike ride.

the thing is, I feel like I do this in order to stay away from people.

...maybe try channeling your dissapointment and lonleyness into anger.
seems to "help" me.
>>
>>36739460
Yeah, I noticed it after high school. Turns out that once they aren't forced to deal with me no one wanted to hang out anymore. I already deleted all their phone numbers out of spite. Just tell me to fuck off instead of getting my hopes up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gOIt-M02A
>>
you lost me at
>texting friend
>>
File: fakebird.jpg (69KB, 634x522px) Image search: [Google]
fakebird.jpg
69KB, 634x522px
>>36739460
No, i am usually the one asked to hang out in these situations when i am in them, but im not asked too often

I usually reject cause i feel like they dont really want to talk to me and are just acting like they do because they pity me
>>
>>36739541
I've tried to channel my anger and frustration into solitary activities. It used to work. Gaming used to be my main outlet, my anger fueling my desire to fully complete games as some form of accomplishment I can feel good about. Exercise also came into play, but to a much smaller extent.

Nowadays, I simply cannot do it anymore. I need more, I don't know what exactly, but I need more. The first thing that comes to mind is a woman. I spend hours most days daydreaming about some girl, usually made up in my mind, showing me affection and being my girlfriend. Most of the time, the daydreams are not even about sex, just affection. Consumption no longer works as an outlet.

>>36739574
I like to think that since high school, I have primarily three groups of friends: my high school group, my middle school group, and a group that was made up of friends of one of my middle school friends but now they are friends of my own.

The middle school group hasn't contacted me for about 8 months. The third group I rarely see and I am more of an auxiliary friend to them as they quite often make plans in the group chat without notifying me. I am not sad about it however because I do not really enjoy hanging out with them too often. They are too different from me. The high school group is my close friend group and I feel blessed to have a group of people so similar in mindset and interests so close to me. They do not avoid me, it is just that in cases like the one I mentioned in the OP, circumstances out of their control occur (i.e. he had school the next day). These things do not stop me from being frustrated though.

An additional fourth group would be my coworkers, but I hang out with them only a handful of times per year so I don't consider them friends really.

>>36739616
Sometimes I feel that way too, but I force myself into it because I need the interactions. I am going insane from the loneliness.
>>
>>36739980

I feel like the appreciation by others used to be a big factor for me , I felt like if I was super sporty and succesful and looked good people would admire me. most people don't. they all life that "doing nothing but chilling and hanging out in cafes" lifestyle. nowadays I use sport and compulsive working as a way to further distance myselfe.

on the other hand , I'm allmost proud of myselfe that I am starting to play video games from time to time again.

I'M in a weird situation right now where I oftentimes go to bed at 9PM or somthing because I don't know why I should stay awake , I've done more than enough work , I've done my sports and there's nothing left worthy of doing.

I'm actually trying to do more "useless" things latley..
>>
>>36739980
Lucky you. Middle school was a nightmare for me so no overarching friends there. As for coworkers, they're all older than me so no real connections there besides going out to lunch together. I blame my high school "friends" for making me so bitter and unable to interact with anyone. Now I just feel like if I talk with anyone for too long they start to think I'm a creep or something.
>>
>>36740132
The fact that most people still won't admire you for looking good is what heavily detracts me from working out. Sure, it would make myself feel better about my body image because what I look like now and what I want to look like are two completely different things. But knowing that, even if I have a nice body, my penis will still be small and it probably won't improve my social awkwardness by much keeps me from really caring about getting fit.

>>36740197
Middle school was a nightmare for me as well more or less. I should explain that my group of middle school friends was gained in a peculiar way. It involved a guy who was one grade higher than myself who started talking to me early on because we rode the bus together. The other two people were actually high schoolers who my friend and I became close friends with because they taught us how to play Magic: The Gathering. Unfortunately, my friend who was one grade above me passed away two years ago and I considered him my best friend. Our group remained cohesive, but it was always a pairs type of thing, my friend and I, and our two high school friends. The two high school guys I still talk to (but they haven't spoken to me in months like I said) and it is less awkward us being a group considering we are all in college now and look the same age.

Besides this, middle school sucked. I tried my hardest to force myself into the social circles that could be considered cool. The school was fairly heavily separated by magnet program kids (myself being one of them) and zoned kids (who hated the magnet kids for the most part). The groups I tried to enter into accepted me, but I knew deep down I was an auxiliary friend. They hung out outside of school, they only talked to me because I was in their classes. I became better friends with the zoned kids who were from the adjacent neighborhoods and were obviously from a rougher upbringing. Their hatred of the magnet kids made me good friends with some.
>>
>>36740197
My high school friends share the same mindset as me. They are antisocial and apathetic. Unfortunately, we kind of lie on two separate sides of the track. While I am extremely bitter and dark, they basically found bliss in the indifference of the world. They do not take anything seriously. Sometimes it is rough such as the time they told me they would not care too much if I ended up killing myself, they expected it.

Again, this group of friends was made through obscure means as I was a magnet student in high school and they were all regular zoned students. Once again, I never made lasting impressions with the group of people I found myself interacting with daily. My contrarian tendencies led me to befriend others.

Many people think I am a creep too. They say I am intimidating. In fact, my manager once told me he thought I would be arrested for a failed murder suicide if I was ever arrested for a crime. Sometimes people have asked if I ever considered the possibility that I was autistic.
>>
>>36739460

I work out regardless of getting validation from others. You are one pathetic faggot, anon.
>>
>>36740632
Yet you are still on this board and probably miserable. At the end of the day, you are just as sad as I am.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.