[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/retailcuck/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

How you guys holding up?

>pic related hell on earth
>>
>>36733496
Duuuude I literally just quit Home Depot like a week ago. It was indeed hell on earth. You gotta get out of there man.. do what I did and put an application in at one of their competitors. You're almost guaranteed to get the job.
>>
>>36733793
Yeah they just opened a huge Menards right next door (big box hardware store that competes with HD)

I'm 4 weeks into this job now and my ankles and knees are falling apart. They ask hell and high water of you there, it's insane.
>>
>>36733989
most of you fuckers don't know shit and walk around slow, maybe if you bent your knees when you walk instead of dragging your feet
>>
>>36734056
You really don't know what it's like there. They purposely understaff the store to save a buck. You literally spend all 8 hours being pulled in every direction by impatient baby boomer assholes. You will have at least two customer at all times waiting for you to help them. It's shit.

>>36733989
Good luck brother. What department you in? Gonna guess garden because of the season..
>>
>>36734264
I'm in Lumber.

By myself most of the time too.
>>
>>36734725
yeah lumber is another story.

Also.. hey can you pull a bopis order for me? Last name on it is Nigger, first name Faggot. Thanks
>>
>>36733496
>tfw starting home depot job next month

How shit is it? I used to do landscaping which was fucking backbreaking, seems like anything is easy now
>>
>>36734806
You have to do 2 weeks of excruciating computer simulation training. About 16-20 hours worth of it.

There's wayy too much to remember when you start out. And the managers don't care if you are struggling. Home Depot fires anybody that causes them to lose money (customer complains, etc.)

People ask you for help constantly when you already have a lot on your table to get done. And literally 80% of them hardly speak english. All in all, so long as you just don't overstress yourself and let nature take it's course, you'll be okay. DON'T QUIT UNLESS YOU LAND ANOTHER JOB OR GET FIRED.
>>
>>36734767
I don't even know how to do that stuff. Fuck that computer shit. The baby boomers love it
>>
>>36733496
i would never work at home depot.

holy fuck. you guys must literally despise yourselves....committing suicide would be more humane.
>>
I don't work at one of these kinds of jobs any more, but I just want to say keep on going, lads. Life does get easier and better, even if it doesn't seem like it. Never surrender :)
>>
File: received_1792252957661000.jpg (62KB, 480x744px) Image search: [Google]
received_1792252957661000.jpg
62KB, 480x744px
>>36733496
Hey guys!! Crazy to see other HD employees here, yeah the job is a pain in the ass at times but I enjoy it pretty well, though hardware is a good department
>>
>>36734725
That sucks man, that's probably the most understaffed department in the whole store.
>>
>>36736826
Fuck off that's not you, I've been around long enough to recognize that pic.
>>
>>36736826
Nice bait fag.
Unkle Adams bless me with originality
>>
>>36735735
Lol it drives me crazy when nigs in lumber and hardware don't pull their bopis orders. Like it's so easy to look at your first phone and see if there are any in the pick list.
>>
File: walmart.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
walmart.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
Can I post here too?
>>
>>36737475
Yes. Im trying to actually make this a proper thread. Tell me about your job.
>>
Anybody work at lowes here?

I'm starting really soon.
>>
>>36737549
It's ass. The manager's a cheap cunt who completely refuses to keep the store fully staffed. She is also completely incapable of performing any of the day to day tasks in the store. I shit you not she does not know how to use a register. Most of the assistants are incompetent buffoons. More often than not customers under 65 are completely unbearable. Luckily I get off at 3:30 every day so I get to interact mostly with older people who actually appreciate your help.

I'm only part time for now, I thought I had my way out a few months ago when my temp job I was doing on the side said they were going to keep me permanently then a few weeks after that they're like "lel jk we won't need you for the summer after all"

So Wal-Mart wants me to go back to full time... I really don't want to but I might have to eventually for financial reasons.
>>
Do you need to know anything about fixing shit to work at HD/Lowes. I remember when I was a cashier at petco these mfers expected me to be an expert on pets when I'm being paid min wage.
>>
>>36738132

Hell no. They hire 16 year olds at hd. You don't have to know anything except how to look things up on your phone.
>>
>>36733496
I worked at Jewel-Osco for about 4 years, first year was great. The previous manager quit and they left the job unfilled for a fucking year. There was no one to bother me at all. Then a turbo cunt got put in charge, a Baby Boomer dyke who I fucking hated and she hated me. Always telling me she didn't want me on her "team" whatever the fuck that meant. I was grinning all day during my last shift. The job wasn't too bad and I met some cool people there but man did I hate that one cunt.

She ended up breaking her leg and getting forcibly retired which is hilarious to me.
>>
>>36737001
I was hired a couple of months ago for lumber. What's ridiculous is a few people left our department to seasonal so lumber is actually worse off than before the busy season started since the net change is one less person and us new guys are still learning. They haven't even scheduled any of us new people for forklift or reach truck training so it's a real pain when someone needs something to be dropped. "Lumber associate to the saw" is probably the most common thing heard from the PA system
>>
I work at a Sherwin-Williams. It's what you might expect from a paint store, a whole lot of white people over 25, and lots and lots of Mexicans.

Mixing paint is pretty easy though, honestly one of the better retail jobs I've had. Plus I get left alone to the shop a lot so there's that.
>>
File: 20160130_193039-1.jpg (831KB, 1604x2929px) Image search: [Google]
20160130_193039-1.jpg
831KB, 1604x2929px
I worked at HD for about 1 year. Worst part was working 5-6 days a week yet only getting ~28 hours. Fucking Obamacare made it so 30 hours is full time for benefits. So naturally they just take as many 28 hour employees as possible. Fucking Obongo. Worst part as a cashier was shilling that Fucking credit card. I was one of the fastest cashiers ever, but refused to shill that garbage. Was about to get promoted to service desk, but went back to school. Not the worst job, but not the best. Wish I had been a lot associate. Easiest, least social job there.
>>
>>36737604
I work at Lowe's
My local Lowe's is comfy
A bit hard when we get short staffed but we manage.

As far as what to expect...
Training a shit and boring
Learn all that you can, paint-mixing, board-cutting, key-making
Any questions?
What position will you be getting?
>>
>>36738132
You don't gotta, Im clueless as fuck and half the time I send em to coworkers who know what they're doing or I just read the package.
>>
Use to work home depot, wasn't that bad if you're quick on your feet, but i was a cashier though. Only shit i hated was returns and all those niggers retuning stolen shit and people returning shit from 5 yrs ago without a receipt. Didn't even have to shill cc because I usually worked in garden and returns with the usual lot work
>>
>>36740399
I was a lotfag. Shit sucked at my store.

1/10 wouldn't recommend
>>
Fuck baby boomers. I hate those old faggots.
>>
>>36740547
You sound like a pussy, lot was the shit, get carts every once in a while, and get to talk to qts at pro and garden ends
>>
i used to work at world market. it was actually pretty nice i greatly enjoyed my time there. if you want non-shit retail try anything frequented by middle class+ women like tuesday morning and bed bath and beyond
>>
>>36740547
I filled in one 8 hour lot shift, best day at work, and it was even labor day weekend. How is lot bad?
>rarely deal with technical aspects with customers
>Fucking hero for old people
>get paid to exercise pushing carts/lifting shit
>get to be outside
>on slow days get to slack off without supervision breathing down your neck/assigning you bullshit tasks
>don't have to shill credit card
>>
>>36737963
I applied at walmart the other day. waiting to hear back now. For some reason i'm remaining optimistic about it even after everything I've heard
>>
I was a stocker at a hardware store for a few years. Fucking hated it. I thought, when I got hired, I'd just be stocking shelves. Little did I know that the stocker position was 90% dealing with irate customers and asshole coworkers, and 10% stocking. Being a stocker, you were pretty much every one in the store's bitch.
>>
>>36737475
Current walmart fag. Backroom.
I want to fucking kill myself.
>>
I used to work at Hastings, a terrible video store/book store/whatever chain that only appears in small towns. it was a nightmare of revolving people and i'm reasonably sure they didn't have an HR department.

i quit and last i checked the place went backrupt and didn't tell any of the employees who had only two months to find new jobs lel
>>
>>36740676
I hated seeing Hastings go out desu. It was the only store like it around where I live. We still have a gamestop i think, but no comic, music or books stores
>>
grocery store for 2.5 years, only real job i guess i've ever had, though i've been eligible to work for 11 years and only been neet for less than 1. wasn't really that bad except for this one thicc girl i was admittedly pretty creepy to and this one literal faggot assistant manager turned the new manager against me about a year in and made it kind of suck, though to be fair, i did stop busting my ass after i got promoted and i did possibly get caught buying/discussing weed on property (not on the clock though). the customers weren't actually too cunty because most were upper middle class.
>>
>>36740739
the prices were pretty shit though aside from the dvds. also they were basically a nest for shoplifters with the 'buy back' program and very willingly turned a blind eye to autists coming in with 5 identical newly released blurays in shrink wrap and selling them for only $5. it's a very good thing that they died
>>
File: 28homedepot.jpg (723KB, 1604x772px) Image search: [Google]
28homedepot.jpg
723KB, 1604x772px
>>36733496
Lmfao anon

My childhood basically existed in Home Depot my dad would drag me and my brother and sister along to help him pick out lamps, fans, paint colors, landscaping bricks, lawn mowers, counter tops and windows and stuff

I actually now have extremely nostalgic feelings for Home Depot, it's comfy as fuck with the massive ceilings filled to the top with boxes, the smell of plywood and paint, the garden center, I love Home Depot holy shit I think I'll go to one next weekend

Anyone else?
>>
>>36740870
I wouldn't have wanted to work with the people I met in there anyway. Most of the staff I met always seemed rude. One dude was pretty chill. He'd been there for like 10 years. Sucked to see him lose his job
>>
>>36740985
that describes the one i worked at almost spot on was it a shithole town in arizona? the employees were rude and all of them had some past issue like drugs, DUIs, or rehab for alcohol.
>>
File: 1491249111107.gif (2MB, 273x271px) Image search: [Google]
1491249111107.gif
2MB, 273x271px
>Moved from based as fuck Produce department to Cashier
>Closing at midnight 5 days in a row
Retail was a fucking mistake
>>
I'm bumping for interest HANDSOMELY
>>
>>36737475
front end cashier I don't mind it too much but would want to get a nice comfy office job myself the only time I hate it is when the welfare niggers come around during the 1st of the month and when one of the shitty csm's is working. she is old as fuck and takes a her job way too seriously
>>
>>36740622
not to rain on your parade but 70+% of people who get hired at walmart know someone there to get them in the door.
>>
>>36742628
Tell me more anon Chen.

Tell me a story about said negro
>>
>>36742644
>checking out people on a sunday
>mostly a bunch of mexicans and nogs
>I look down my line 2 customers away and see black family approaching mom dad and 4 kids 2 of them are boys one teenage girl and a crying baby
>I already know what is gonna happen
>finish up the next 2 peple and now the 2 boys are spinning my bagging station out of contol the dad is randomly tossing shit on the belt while the baby is still crying
>the guy misses the belt and tosses a jar of jam on the ground "awee sheeiit im sorry mang"
>go clean up the jam and call over matinence
>when I get off the floor after picking up the jam the baby wasnt crying any more but now he was beast feeding and this niggers ugly cow tits are just hanging out with nothing covering them
>basically forced to stare at the belt the entire time
>ring up the rest of their groceries kids still being loud and annoying still messing with my bagging station
>comes out to about ~$350 of course paid in food stamps except for the 50 dollars of alcohol they bought
>pays for alcohol in crumpled 1s and 5s and 3 dollars of lose change
>they stroll away with her cow tits still flopping around and leaving me utterly pissed for the rest of the day
>>
>>36742800
Jeepers.

Where these American nigz or newly imported ones?
>>
>>36742988
ameican
californian to be exact
>>
>>36743023
*American
sorry
t. phonefag
>>
>>36743023
Hmm interesting.

I always think there's a massive difference between the types of black . Especially in the UK.

The first, second generation, ones born and bread here, can be fine. These would be ones that are like 40 ish who act British, have a normal behaviour, can be polite and educated, it's thier kids that are the issue acting like fucking hood rats.

However, some newly imported ones are fucking horrible. There's disgusting,messy, keep thier free council house looking like shit, litter everywhere.

Im in Ireland now where were are probably still seeing the first gen of blacks.

This fat bitch was checking out at the supermarket and split a carton of milk everyone, she was on her phone, two kids hanging out of here, and just looked at it.

Two of the staff came along and cleaned it up. She didn't even apologise or acknowledge it. Just sucked her teeth at it like it was an inconvenience.

Seriously, what the fuck? I seriously don't understand where this sense of entitlement has come from? As though she's from a rich family where she's tended too like that? She's obviously come here from a worse place so wouldn't you think these people would be grateful and trying to be nice and happy for what they now have? Pissed me off
>>
>>36743103
It really depends where they live and grow up. Every nig I have met that was from the hood is always a hood rat and those that grow up im the valley and near the farmland in california are usually pretty cool.
>>
File: thumbsup4u.jpg (136KB, 1232x692px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup4u.jpg
136KB, 1232x692px
>>36733496

Quitting in 2 days.

Kiss my motherfucking ass, I'm out this bitch.

Gonna work on my art/design stuff until I run out of savings. I met a Finnish girl randomly on a walk, and now we're going to go bushwalking together.

Shit's pretty good right now, not going to lie.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.