[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Have you ever had them? A paranormal phenomenon or a glitched brain? Any tips on how to avoid them?

On my personal experience:
I've had sleep paralysis since I was 14, I'm now 18. For me it's like my soul has been detached from my body which rests inert while experiencing hallucinations. Whether or not this hallucinations are brain made or not I can't tell, but it really feels like being attacked by malevolent entities that suck your vital energy. I even had one where I felt raped. Once you finally manage to 'wake up' from that paralysis state you can feel headaches, muscular tiredness, dizziness and a 'foggy' brain. Some of this paralysis have been very hard for me: sleep schedule completely fucked, really hard images to see, feeling abducted, fear, paranoia, etcetera.
>>
I'm sorry to hear that Anon. It happens to me as well but it's not like that for me. What position do you fall asleep in? Do you eat before bed? There's surely a way around this.
>>
>>36733685
Position: always on my side
Eating: no, sometimes I drink water but that's all
>>
>>36733121
If you know what lucid dreaming is, you can transition from sleep paralysis into a lucid dream with ease.
do some research on it, one you get the right mindset its not so bad and can actually be pretty useful.
If you want to escape SP either try and wiggle around starting from your toes and moving up to your head, or just try to jolt everything as hard as you can. everyone is different so my advice is only from personal experience
>>
>>36734021
I'm actually interesed in getting a good sleep. I don't even remember when I last woke up feeling well.
>>
>>36733121
I always had sleep paralysis and its not something I even bother thinking about because I have actual problems
>>
>>36734172
Okay Mr. High Horse
>>
File: 1490392097662.gif (885KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1490392097662.gif
885KB, 500x418px
Every time ive had them I was stressed, So maybe you need to do some meditations before bed. Maybe take some melatonin to keep your mind asleep.
>>
Sleep paralysis is EBE abduction. It's been happening since the governement authorized it in exchange for advanced technologies
>>
>>36734270
>EBE

What is that?
>>
it happened to me once when i was 15, i couldn't move my arms or my legs, they felt too heavy, i also couldn't see shit, and then i did an effort to move my legs and i swear i felt my feet touching the floor while my torso was still on the bed, then i was just thinking about my parents waking me up after seeing the strange sleeping position, i felt comfortable until i woke up and realized i was in my usual sleeping position the whole time, i didn't felt scared but i sure didn't wanted to experience that again.
>>
recently I had first sleep paralysis episode

I thought it was first, tho I realized I actually have had such episodes quite frequently in my childhood

I think they stopped around 9 or 10 :/
>>
>>36733121
Used to have them every week or so.

How I got rid of it: Stopped doing so many late night video game binges, abnormal/changing sleep schedules and constant sleep deprivation contributes to it. It's ok to stay up every once in a while, but don't push it.

When I did have it though I learned to deal with it. All it is, is hallucinations produced by your brain. If you let yourself freak out and panic, your brain is going to produce images and things that correspond to that. I usually would just relax, recognize it, and fall back to sleep and nothing would appear. Or I'd just hold my breath and bite my tongue/wiggled my toes which sometimes worked.
>>
>>36733121
You can get out of sleep paralysis if you just hold your breath. Next time it happens, try it. It works like a charm.
>>
If you ever get it do NOT go back to sleep immediately because you will almost always get it again. Wash your face with some warm water and stay up for at least 10 more minutes.
>>
>>36735208
I always remind myself what it is and just keep freaking out and trying to wiggle my head and toes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.