[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does watching anime make your drawings shittier

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

File: badassgoku_by_jk200.jpg (327KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
badassgoku_by_jk200.jpg
327KB, 800x1100px
As a kid i would always switch channel when dragonball came on, because i thought the artstyle was ugly (i was a picky child) Today i'm a decent artist. And i can't help but feel it was partly because i refrained from watching anime. Discuss away
>>
that picture is great the abs make me want to rate this atleast a 12/6
>>
File: anticipatingsquats.jpg (68KB, 2128x1208px) Image search: [Google]
anticipatingsquats.jpg
68KB, 2128x1208px
it depend on if you think the anime style is shit or not
>>
File: IMG_1747.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>36726684
It helped me develop my art style. I'm not a good artist but I like drawing as a hobby, and I find anime stuff very fun to draw. Pic extremely related
>>
>>36726841
arm's kinda weird tbqh
>>
>>36726684
what's up with the twelve pack and infinity biceps?
>>
Some people say it helped them find their style. Problem is that style looks like someone else's style
>>
>>36726873
Mhm, it is. I goofed up and haven't fixed it.
>>
File: Max-500.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Max-500.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
yes, it gives you a warped perspective of how the human anatomy and proportions should be when drawing
this is why most art teachers hate little fucks that just emulate their shitty Chinese cartoons
also i dont draw lmao
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 240x210px
>>36726969
checked origoregano
>>
File: IMG_3489.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3489.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Here's some anime and shit I drew, I draw fairly well
>>
File: anime dog 43.jpg (95KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
anime dog 43.jpg
95KB, 800x800px
>>36727022
impressive dubs my friend o mine
>>
What do you think anime and manga artists and illustrators in Japan watch?

I've seen many people claim anime/manga makes you a bad artist or is intrinsically bad or unrealistic art, but that's nonsense. It isn't producing bad artists in Japan, and it's not the fault of anime/manga if you don't understand the importance of learning realistic drawing, which is what you need to draw anime/manga art.
>>
Probably good idea to post some of mine. (I'm OP)
Never watched anime as a kid.
>>
>>36727553
Then why don't you start dumping your art?
>>
File: SD6SAJG.jpg (62KB, 901x1036px) Image search: [Google]
SD6SAJG.jpg
62KB, 901x1036px
>>36727701
I did just there. Here's more
>>
>>36727888
Lyring trips. Google gave tons of search results for your first image.
>>
File: Phrah Dandon.jpg (561KB, 2456x3473px) Image search: [Google]
Phrah Dandon.jpg
561KB, 2456x3473px
Depends on the artist. Rather someone is inspired by Dragon Ball Z, Kingdoms Hearts , Simpsons, or Disney, what matters is how much willingness they have to improve and adapt different art styles. People that hate on Anime don't have the gumption to expose them to good Anime hate because why would they? If someone hates Anime for whatever reason they're not going to be wasting their time looking up anime inspired art or watching anime.
>>
>>36727049
More of that qt girl?
>>
File: cd.gif (1011KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cd.gif
1011KB, 500x375px
Are there any there any Anime scenes that can compare to the most acclaimed western Animation?

Anime can be eye pleasing , but can you imagine an Anime film being in a "Top 50 Animated Films Of All Time" list?
>>
realistic art is boring and overrated. even hitler could do stuff like that.
>>
>>36728218
The final fantasy ones they made and resident evil.
>>
>>36726684
Semi-professional illustrator here
Short answer, yes.
Unless you adopt your own style, leaning from anime screws up anatomy and preportion and you develop habits that's are super hard to break later.
You want to draw from life, and continue to push your visual studies rather than trying to learn someone else's.
Fledgling comic book artists have the exact same problems, don't go down that road.
Draw from imagination when your comfy after drawing from life.
>>
>>36728218
I can't imagine that list not containing a good dozen of them, and this is coming from someone who usually can't stand anime. Have you ever watched Spirited Away? It's a beautiful, amazing classic, and Disney lusted over the English dub rights to it obsessively, for good reason, even going so far as to leave the interpretation almost 100% direct despite the fact that they would have preferred to dumb it down. (Because Miyazaki stipulated they wouldn't get it at all otherwise.)
If that isn't #1 on any Top Animated Films list, the list is wrong. And there are many like it. I'd hesitate to put anything American in the top 3, even.
>>
>>36728218
Akira. Akira is a masterpiece. and it's better than ghost in the shell which is a fedoralord shitty anime
>>
>>36728218
i can imagine a top 50 animated films of all time list being dominated by anime
>>
>>36728218
Redline as a whole is impressive.
>>
>>36727376
It is not nonsense, unless that's specifically what you want to pigeonhole yourself into, maybe you can get a gig drawing commissions on DA, but lack all true ability with anatomy, light, color, composition, perspective.
I would argue most animators in Japan would tell anyone "don't pursue it anyway it's a nightmare and unfulfilling"
And saying"it's not the anime's fault for you not learning " is like saying "it's not the cars fault it can't go on water"
It's not the point, it wasn't designed for what your suggesting. Do you see?
Watch anime don't draw it, kids.
>>
>>36728302
Actually most artists recognize glaring mistakes in all of Hitler's work.
The perspective lines are all wrong and his color pallet was plebeian.
What you just said equates to "I may not know art, but I know what I like"
>>
>>36728218
>Are there any there any Anime scenes that can compare to the most acclaimed western Animation?
Lots, seeing as how anime's animation is far superior to the West's. People think it isn't because they incorrectly believe that animation quality is based on the number of frames, and so because Western animation usually has more frames of animation is is therefore supposedly better. But this is not how animation actually works.

>>36728603
What do Western DA artists have to do with Japanese artists producing manga, anime and illustrations?

>I would argue most animators in Japan would tell anyone "don't pursue it anyway it's a nightmare and unfulfilling"
First of all this is completely irrelevant to what we're talking about, and second of all they're only animators because they're passionate about animation, not because it's a McJob that they took because they had no choice.

>And saying"it's not the anime's fault for you not learning " is like saying "it's not the cars fault it can't go on water"
Anime is a realistic form of art. It is not the fault of anime if some DA artist can't draw realistically.
>>
>>36728678
it just doesn't matter when you have photography, also I grew up around art so suck my cock
>>
>>36728603

>inspired by anime to pursue art
>learn anatomy
>draw anime inspired art with realistic proportions :)
>>
>>36726684
Dragonball Z was so shit it undid all the things I loved about dragonball and then some. Get fucked artfags.
>>
File: C9ufoMeXsAICsx_.jpg (64KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C9ufoMeXsAICsx_.jpg
64KB, 576x1024px
>>36728394
Akira's fucking great. Watching a bit of anime (not a lot) helped me with drawing poses. Pic related is something I drew recently.
>>
>>36728386
Spirited away, while pretty, is very "kid gloves."
The works of satoshi kon are a bit more emotionally impactful: ala Tokyo godfathers, Jin-roh, or perfect blue.
All are very deep stories emotionally, you'll be hard pressed to find any moe or overt "anime" stuff in them.
>>
>>36728767
Kon only had minor involvement with Jin-Roh, apparently uncredited.
>>
>>36728697
I'm. It saying it isn't art please don't misunderstand.
I'm saying those wanting to get better I. Their own work, now to draw it. There's a difference to drawing from a 2d source, and. 3D source, and the lessons learned aren't practical unless your Japanese and there's an industry for it, do you see what a I'm saying? That's what op asked, don't get your pantsu I. A twist
>>36728706
>hur durr just take a picture
You are the easily the dumbest person in this thread. The point is communication and extraction. You can do that with photography sure, but you've once again missed the whole point.
>>
>>36728747
Nice line quality.
Perspectives a little wonky on the knees down though, I'm sure you know that.
>>
>>36728826
The art style really lent itself with the realism and the characters, I really love Jin-Roh
>>
>>36728218
I think I've heard those Miyazaki films are up there
>>
>>36728903
There doesn't need to be an industry for it. Not everyone who draws in Japan is a professional.
>>
>>36729173
But if your goal is to improve, there are vastly more efficient ways to achieve that, is what I'm saying. I'll never deter anyone from making whatever they want but the question was can anime studies hinder your process, and I think it does.
>>
>>36728218
In terms of artstyle, Akira. End of Evangelion could easily reach a top 50 list too.
>>
>>36729382
It's not causing any problems in Japan. Lots of people are drawing realistic art.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.