[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Media Cringe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: reeeee.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
reeeee.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
Anyone else occasionally login to their old social media, and just cringe at what people post on there?
>>
>>36726456
Never. I n ever stop to think about it DESU
>>
>>36726477
You're probably better of doing that. Some of the stuff on there makes me cringe to near death.
>>
>>36726456
The number of """meme""" oriented FB pages skyrocketed lately. Now every moron runs his own epic meme page with reused memes from 2012.
>>
>he's still using social media
uh-huh...

Back when I still had a Facebook page, the only cringe I got was from my own account. It was so bad, you have no idea. I had to burn it down and start ghosting all my friends, it was that bad.
>>
>>36726686
Looking at my old Instagram, from highschool is probably worse. I have to put it down for about 10 minutes after 60 second of looking.
>>
Not really, no. I do use Facebook, as I can't be bothered to find another social media or a better way to get in touch with people whose phone number I forgot/didn't add/got canceled (besides, I like commenting news outlets: no better way to feel good about myself than rhetorically stamping people in the comments); though there is some genuine cringe here and there, most of the stuff I see is just the very sad, menial narrative of someone's life in all of its day to day blandness. Girls who got pregnant right out of highschool, are married and, probably, have already set the path of their lives in stone; people trying to make their entire identity revolve around one aspect of them, be it reading or playing the piano or shitposting loudly, only to come off as cardboard cutouts of human beings; the thirty-somethings taking a pic of their "crazy night out" with their old pals (they don't have any new ones, see), with their wrinkled faces, glassy smiles and trout eyes; the underground artists, thoso who do it for a fad and those who have been at it for a couple decades; the writers, artists and philosophers I've met in my life, exposing their everyday banality in contrast with their works; the political activists who've never set foot in a protest, the vegans and antivaxxers (often the same, though correlation doesn't equal causation), the exes and your childhood friends, those we've left behind and the myriad we've met, physically, for just a second but will end up staying with us for the rest of our lives, the stoners and the event promoters, the amateur photographers and the guy who just now enrolled in a photography class, that one guy that likes hentai pages with his public profile and the militant atheist, the demure Catholic and the yolo girl, people who only post LoL memes and, finally, that one fucker that always sends you outdated memes with a lol and a sticker.

I like to spend time there, actually.
>>
>>36727039
It just kills me looking at pictures of old highschool mates, most have turned out to be complete knobheads.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.