[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >socially awkward, stuttering, not really funny

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: 1487972131833.jpg (11KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1487972131833.jpg
11KB, 250x333px
>be me
>socially awkward, stuttering, not really funny "geek"
>have been accepted by some amazing friends that I respect, that are way more popular than me
>they go to parties, everyone around us loves them
>I can't be as charismatic as them, too shy
>Most of them like me, some consider me a good friend the rest don't mind me staying around
>Found my best friend in this group
>He has the same interests as me
>Most charismatic out of all of them
>Leader of the group
>Known them for a year and a half now
>Three months ago my best friend started ignoring me
>He's still nice to me, I still hang out with them, everybody is nice and hasn't changed
>He keeps not talking to me except I do first and tries to escape the conversation very quickly
>From time to time still acts in ways that make me think he really is my best friend
>Confronted him about it
>"Nothing is wrong anon, I act wih you as I would do with the other"
>yeahright.jpg

I don't know what to think. What can I do to deepen my bond with him ? I try just telling him jokes, talking about him about things that interests us or doing small talks but it just seems like he doesn't want me to talk to him. When we are with someone else he never tells me jokes or speaks to me as he would do with the others, even if it's obvious I have interest in it or that I know about it

Can /r9k/ help me ?
>>
Did you really think it was going to last anon?
>>
>>36722476
the more you push and try to hangout and get special attention from that leader best friend the more he will push you away.
>>
>>36722476
Friends are overrated.Having friends will destroy you, sooner or later.
>>
Do your best, if he starts being a dick like the way it looks like its heading, then don't be his friend.
>>
>>36722534
I get it but I fear if I don't he'll just "forget" about me

Also, there's a newcomer in this group and he pushes the hell out of him. He always stays near him, always talking with him, but it seems to work for him because he's as charismatic as him
>>
>>36722476
You have to bond 1 on 1 in person or in a very small group (4 people max including you). Invite him to do something fun that you both would enjoy.
>>
>>36722686
I try to do it, it's been almost a year since we played a video game together online, I always tell him to tell me if he wants to play during the week end, he always say he will, but he always won't. It happens for us to be in a very small group or even 1 on 1 but he never acknowledge me then. One day, first hour of class during the morning, we were just the two of us, he ignored me for 20 min, then I said "hey, you'll just ignore me for the rest of the hour or what ?" and he responded that he didn't have anything to say to me. Fast forward 10min later he was talking to someone else about a dumb thing the teacher showed us, something he could have easily talked to me about first, I even was closer !

I really feel like he just doesn't like me now..
>>
>>36722779
Go see a movie together! Or go mountain biking together! Do something that gets you outside. Or dust off that N64 and invite him over for some LOCAL multiplayer on Goldeneye/Mario Kart/Smash Bros/Mario Party
>>
>>36722814
I tried every thing you mentionned. It doesn't even appeal to him if it's just the two of us, and this is not something he says specifically to me, he says so to everyone else, so I respect that. We don't live in the same city, so it's kind of hard to do something together anyway.
>>
>>36722779
There there.
It's okay.
Friends come and friends go,what can you do about it?
That's the way life goes.
Try to ignore him and make him taste the same thing he does to you.
If he doesn't confront you about you ignoring him,then it confirms that he doesn't want to be your friends.
Cheer up,play a game or two and get him out of your mind,he is slowly killing you the more you think of him.
After all,you can easily have online friends. IRL friends are overrated as fuck.
>>
>>36722940
I'm really scared of doing that, he's the kind of guy that will just say he doesn't care if I do this. And that goes for everyone else too, not just me.
>>
get drunk with them and stop being overly geeky

sorted
>>
>>36722476

You're probably a bit too pushy.

Just stop messaging him first it can get really annoying.
>>
>>36722476
You're too autistic and you're going to ruin a good friendship by overthinking and overreacting. You're looking *way* too deeply into this guy and his actions, take a few days to step back from the situation and realize how paranoid you're being
>>
>>36723076
Can you get a grip on yourself and actually do something that you willingly want to do?
Stop thinking about what he would say or do if you ignore him,just do it and get over it!
People like him act nice to you and manipulate your thoughts to make you their mind slave.
Saying that he will probably not care that you ignore him shows how much influence he has on you.
>>
>>36723138
I don't message him that much. I just send him something funny once or two per month really. IRL I only really push when I say "tell me if you wanna play this week end"
>>
>>36723195
What do you mean "mind slave" ?
>>
File: 1481444508167.jpg (22KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
1481444508167.jpg
22KB, 350x338px
>>36722476
>>Confronted him about it
So what level autist are you? Jokes aside that's kinda cucky behaviour. You aren't entitled to someone's friendship or company. You don't get to "confront" someone as if they owe you friendship. I'm sure you're a nice guy. You seem like you'd make a good friend. Obviously this guy doesn't give a shit about you. And that's okay.
>>
>>36723300
He is using you by making you concerned of what he would think about your actions.
He is basically limiting your free-will and that's how he's toying with you,ignoring you and talking with the newfag of your group.
He knows that he is hurting you by doing this and that you can't just unfriend him because you are afraid of what he would say,doing that.
>>
>>36723353
I think because it was somewhat different before I felt like he could give more shits, but he just doesn't anymore. I guess you're right.
>>
>>36723422
Right, but I don't think he really can get a profit out of it. It's not like he's rejecting me or anything, he leaves me be, he's even nice sometimes. Sometimes he does act like a cock when I try to talk to talk to him, something I think he doesn't do with anyone else, but I'm not entirely sure, I may be biased. In short, I have an habit of beginning certain sentences by "You know what ?..." and he often cuts me to say "Yes". I think it's just a joke, but it's always disarming and I can't tell if he just doesn't really want to hear me or if he's just being jokey. Really, this is the only point where I can clearly think that maybe he really doesn't like me.
>>
OP here, I think I'll confront him about it one more time tomorrow, without being too pushy, if I get nothing out of it, I'll try to not care about him anymore and see where that leads me.
>>
>>36723754
There is a difference between being pushy and being clingy/needy, and you're both.

Introspection is an invaluable tool, make use of it.
>>
>>36723818
When introspecting myself I see a piece of shit that can't act right with most people, especially the ones I care the most about.
>>
>>36723865
Then why don't you change ?
>>
>>36724058
I need somebody to give me advices on how to do it, it's not like I never tried.
>>
>>36723865
So adjust your behavior instead of asking other people to adjust theirs.

Too many people blame others, and avoid blaming themselves. It just hurts them in the end.

If you realize you're not interracting well with the people you care about, retrace your actions, see what they may have disliked, and move forward with that knowledge in mind so you don't have a repeat.

If you need advice, you likely don't realize what exactly you're doing.
>>
>>36724127
I think I'm not funny enough for him. I'm nice and always here to help, so he keeps me around cause he knows I don't have anywhere else to go and he's not mean.

What I really have is a social problem, being shy and stuttering constantly on top of being a loser that rarely goes outside and sits on his computer for most of his spare time doesn't help I gues.
>>
>>36724191
>I'm not funny enough for him.
>I'm not [x] enough for him.
Stop trying to be Super Friend, especially when you realize your faults. Work on improving them, or wallow in your self-defeating pity like the coward you are.
>>
>>36724347
I know, I know, you're right it's just that I don't do enough efforts, I'm trying to be more chill with him, but seeing him not caring anyway it just scares me, I think. I just need to do more than just what I'm doing and not giving up.
>>
>>36724469
Divert more energy on yourself than other people. How can you carry the world on your shoulders if you can't carry yourself? You aren't Atlas.

Stop with the excuses. It just makes you weaker. It's a terrible habit akin to a disease.
>>
>>36724545
I know but I'm happy, I mean, most people kinda like me, I've got some really good friends in this group, it's going fine with other people, they've helped me grow a lot in that regard, before meeting them I was "the edgy kid", now I'm way more open, he's the only one I really have an issue with right now and it's eating me everyday.
>>
>>36722476
sometimes people just grow apart, anon. itll be easier for both of you if you just stop trying so hard
>>
>>36724813
Guess you're right. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>36722476
This exact same thing is happening to me except it's an online friend, but he's exactly as you described; Charasmatic, funny, makes me feel good. Used to invite me to his party/game all the time when I got online, but now he rarely does anymore.

I think I got addicted to the attention he was giving me, and now that he doesn't show me as much it makes me feel like he doesn't like me anymore.
>>
>>36724689
Then either drop him or improve your social worth so you are more socially desireable. Life is an RPG, and you are making poor Persuasion rolls. Don't teeter.
>>
>>36725051
IT may be exactly that indeed. Except for me he's both an IRL friend and an IVL friend.
>>
>>36725111
I'll follow your advice. Thanks man.
>>
>>36725051
May not apply to you, but as everyone in this thread should be doing, look into yourself first.

I had an Evangelist net pal I played a shooter with that was repressing his perverted mind/sexuality, and he started making every engagement about sexual shit, what I was into, etc. It was borderline gay, even though he didn't swing that way (or so he kept stating in response to my questioning). I pulled an ultimatum, and we never spoke again.

Dude went on saying he wants to masturbate but can't because of noise leaking. I had to give him fucking tips and advice, and he still wouldn't stop. Fucker went on a damn mission in Uganda, and returned back all fucking horny and shit. What the fuck.
>>
>>36725371
To clarify, I meant to state that I tried to be understanding in my position, but he refuses to work on himself, so I dropped him.

Don't be that guy, or the same will happen to you.
>>
>>36725406
Yeah, I get it, thanks for the advices.
>>
bump tho
>>
The same thing happened to me today. But it was way worse. He acted like a dick so I just told him to go fuck himself and cut all my contacts with him down. He was a nice friend of mine but I couldn't just let him poison my life.
>>
he is gaay for you. so obvious
>>
>>36725955
im gay for him obviously, but i can't accept it because im a proud heterosexual and really think he's just my "best friend" and that's why I get so touchy and jealous about him.
>>
File: 1493258945074.jpg (104KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493258945074.jpg
104KB, 270x400px
>>36722779
It sounds like you like him as more then a friend which is a little creepy if he's straight
>>
>>36726059
He's straight, and yes it's a little creepy sometimes, but I never show that side to him. I'm straight btw, I'm just really in need of his attention for some reasons
>>
>>36726126
mm that first kiss is gonna be so magical i can feel it
>>
File: 1487973975383.jpg (246KB, 832x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1487973975383.jpg
246KB, 832x1085px
>>36722476
social link is already maxed
>>
>>36726397
brb starting that new game +
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.