[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I mentally prepare to trip on acid?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_9164.jpg (33KB, 174x144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9164.jpg
33KB, 174x144px
Any recommended reading material for before and movies to watch during the trip?
>>
>>36718858
Just do it man you can't really prepare for it.
Do it on a day where you feel good.
>>
If you want, read Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley. It's pretty short. He describes his experience of tripping on mescaline in great detail. I felt like it was really, really similar to an acid trip. I mean, reading it, sounded like an acid trip, even though he was on mescaline. Sorry, i'm really tired right now. Read Doors of Perception.
Every trip is different though so you can't really prepare yourself. I heard someone say once that good people have good trips and bad people have bad trips.
I've only ever had good trips on acid but I could see how it can kind of be freaky and bring out some negative mental effects or underlying mental problems if you have any
>>
File: neo.jpg (19KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
19KB, 400x200px
>>36718979
Also, if you watch a movie while you're tripping, I highly recommend watching The Matrix.
>>
>>36718890
>Do it on a day where you feel good.

I did it on a day when I really didn't want to and while surrounded by some people who always made me feel like shit, it was actually still quite a positive experience. I felt miserable the whole time and when I got home I lay there silently with tears pouring out of my eyes but I finally accepted that trying to please these people would never make me happy and stopped even trying to be friends with them. Overall a good decision, even if the experience was horrible at the time.
>>
File: 1490794764241.jpg (247KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1490794764241.jpg
247KB, 1024x683px
>>36718994
How can you sit still enough to watch a movie on acid? You're going to want to move around and explore.
>>
It's just a drug. A relatively soft one. Don't need much preparation, you can trip whenever you feel like.
>>
>>36718858
believe me when i say it, you can't prepare. the only plan i would make is the one to get you to a safe place, if things start to be little too intense, or you're planning to drop it in public. just make a play-list you know you'// enjoy. having someone straight besides you is somewhat helpful, but not a must. you're going to see things you've never seen before, think about things as you've never thought before.(not in a bad way). Just don't watch anything you see through lences of moral: good or bad.
>>
>>36719031
Back when I used to trip, I used to sometimes watch movies and take bong rips while I watched movies
>>
File: 1466416876931.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466416876931.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>36719020
My first acid trip was at a loud, crowded party. I didn't really feel much other than being keyed up like after a cup of coffee or something. When I got home my room looked like it was tinted purple and I couldn't sleep for a while even though I was tired.

And that was it. It was really disappointing.

My second acid trip I was alone and it was much more interesting. I actually felt it that time. And even though it was a relatively new experience, it somehow felt familiar, like I was returning home after many years away.
>>
>>36718858
DON'T smoke weed for the first time you trip. i was too stupid to do it. shit got waaay too intense for my taste.
>>
I'd certain recommend you prepare for your trip before hand by making sure everything in your trip-setting is safe and it's never a bad idea to test your LSD if possible.
You can't really prepare things to do while you're tripping though. 9 times out of 10 your mind will just wander off and you won't even want to do what you set out to do. Of course there's no harm in setting up fun things to do just don't expect to actually do them. When I trip I like to go for walks and be around other people, which can be dangerous if you don't know them very well.
How many tabs/micrograms will you be taking? I assume this is your first trip?
>>
>>36718858
Trust me, you won't need any movies to be entertained while on that stuff. Your first time will be incredibly immersive compared to all the rest. From personal experience of my first time I distinctly remember spending the beginning to the end of the peak completely immersed in my hallucinations. I would just recommend getting comfortable, getting into a good mood, organizing your living space and taking care of all immediate priorities before tripping.
>>
File: 1484578182881.jpg (407KB, 1184x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1484578182881.jpg
407KB, 1184x1046px
>>36719092
Even with weed, acid gets me way too keyed up to sit down and watch a movie. I have to walk around or preferably run. One time I went to the woods and just sprinted at top speed for a while.
>>
A lot of brainless losers have done acid before and how much " mental preparation" do you think they did? ( not that they're even capable of it).

Make sure to stay positive and don't worry about anyhting. Just enjoy the ride.
>>
File: wolfdog-puppies-1.jpg (401KB, 2409x1769px) Image search: [Google]
wolfdog-puppies-1.jpg
401KB, 2409x1769px
>>36719139
>Your first time will be incredibly immersive compared to all the rest.
Not for me it wasn't. I'm >>36719094

My first time was very underwhelming. The second time was much better.
>>
>>36719162
yea, most ppl i know report this too, including me. i think that your body needs time to adjust for the first time you trip. i don't know how good acid you'll be getting actually is, but it may not be a bad idea to buy 2 tabs OP.
>>
>>36719214
>>36719162
My first time, I remember I waited for like half an hour and I thought the guy gypped me because I didn't feel anything. Then I took a second hit and a few minutes later I was frying balls.
>>
>>36719142
I really like to just watch stuff or absorb information or just think about stuff while I'm tripping. Like, one time I went to the beach and it was this really secluded part of the beach where it was just me and my friend and we sat on a log and watched the sunset. It was really cool
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>36718858
I'm probably dropping acid for the first time on Friday and dont really know what to expect.

Wwhat should I know going into it?
>>
>>36719139
How much did you take your first time? I was scared to take more than 1 tab so all I got was the stimulation and scrambled acid brains. It takes about 4 tabs to get into hallucinations for me.
>>
>>36719314
Just take 1 tab your first time. You probably won't get any hallucinations aside from colors appearing more vibrant but the feeling of tripping is very intense and nothing else can replicate it. You'll want your first trip to just kind of test the waters. Once you're familiar with the feeling you can move up to several tabs at once where you'll get hallucinations.
That having been said don't expect your first trip to be boring. If anything the first trip is more mind blowing because everything is new and exciting.
>>
>>36719399
I read something on bluelight about fake acid being a worry. Should I actually be worried about this and should I test it?
>>
>>36718858
how about just don't do drugs you fucking loser
>>
>>36719094
That wasn't actually my first acid trip, I've done it before and after that time (although I prefer mushrooms now) but for me my first was definitely the most intense.
>>
>>36719554
While real LSD is completely safe sometimes NBOMe is sold as "acid" which can potentially be deadly. Luckily NBOMe has a bitter/metallic taste unlike LSD which has no taste (although you will taste the paper). I do not test my acid (though I wish I could) because the tests are illegal to buy here. I usually just use the taste test.
>if it's bitter it's a spitter
>>
>>36719109

How much would you say is good for a first trip anon?
>>
Get excited and look forward to it, OP. No anxiety, just throw yourself in with no worries and high expectations. That's all.
>>
>>36719737
1 tab (a tab is usually 50-150 micrograms) is enough for your first time.
>>
File: Alan-Watts.jpg (1MB, 2267x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Watts.jpg
1MB, 2267x1588px
>do acid for the first time, 150ug
>get told I probably won't see any visuals
>2 hours later
>neon bat skeletons leaving double helix laser patterns in their wake through the air
>potted tree's leaves are all spiraling into themselves, it's liking looking down a million corridors forming into one
>guys head has neon lines through it like a Rubik's cube and starts moving like one
>other guy looks like animated Van Gogh paintings, as he moves the style goes through his styles of painting
>get lost in one moment repeating over visually that slowly forms a spiral, and experience a moment of non-perception of time, my visual field looked like I was in the 4th dimension from Interstellar moving in a spiral motion
>visuals are not even the most overwhelming aspect of the experience

Probably the most intense experience of my life, generally very anxiety inducing but also extremely beautiful and introspective. I'm also not sure if it's linked, but my approach to the universe and general form of thinking about things was greatly improved starting in the weeks after the trip.

I'll defiantly do psychs again at some point with this new approach.
>>
>>36719333
Sorry for the late reply, 2 blotters. Based off people's experiences here I think I might just be more vulnerable to LSD by default because I hallucinate even at just 1 blotter. Either that or my tabs just weren't underdosed. Interesting either way.
>>
>>36719734
Me and my friend are doing it while his dealer watches over us, because the guy who was originally going to won't be home from school for another wee. He says he's a cool guy even though he himself barely knows the guy. Am I being paranoid or is this a bad idea. Also the guy is white according to my friend if that makes a difference.
>>
>>36719333
>It takes about 4 tabs to get into hallucinations for me.
your dealer is scamming you.
>>
>>36718858
protip: make sure you take a shit BEFORE the trip. pooping on acid is hell according to my friend.
I don't recommend watching any movies, but I do absolutely recommend preparing some CDs of your favorite psychedelic rock. Romantic symphonic music is also very powerful.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.