[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots: has anyone grown up with abusive parents? Do you think

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3833.jpg (21KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3833.jpg
21KB, 400x267px
Robots: has anyone grown up with abusive parents? Do you think they caused your current problems and will you recover?
>>
I think my parents weren't abusive enough

If they instilled any discipline in me as a kid, I very well may not have turned out to be such a fuckup
>>
>>36716330
>>36716330
>Robots: has anyone grown up with abusive parents?

Yes.

Do you think they caused your current problems

Yes.

>and will you recover?

No.

My parents were incredibly violent abusive alcoholics that beat me mercilessly and forced me to drink alcohol at a very early age. I can remember drinking beer with my mother when I was 4. Getting punched in the face by my stepdad when I was 6 because I wouldn't drink with him. Sometimes they hit me with broomsticks etc so hard they snapped them.

I'd be constantly covered in welts and bruises when I was a kid. And if teachers asked me about it and I said anything. I'd get belted even worse.

It led me to becoming a complete shut in and alcoholic.
>>
I think most robots here were subject to abuse or neglect as kids Hence the issues they keep facing.
>>
>>36716330
yup, dad called me a loser from age eleven and would tell me how useless I was for not being good at working on motorcycles and construction despite being a nerdy middle schooler. Nowadays I feel incompetent even at the slightest tasks, I'm certain that's why. He also punched me a few times. But he apologized a few years ago and tries to help... little to late though
>>
>>36716330
my mom would hit me with wooden spoons.
she loved a wooden spoon like this. one time she hit it on the table saying how hard she was gonna hit me and it broke. I remember sometimes she would hit me and I would just fake cry so I could go play
>>
Yup, hit violently, I hate to say it but I deserved it. I use to not believe it . But now I do. At least I have some depth as a person.

But if I didn't understand common sense as a child, I probably never will

Although I'm starting to understand it naturally
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 125x125px
>>36717290
> one time she hit it on the table saying how hard she was gonna hit me and it broke
Kek'ed
>>
A emotionaly abussive father. Possibly narcissistic. And here i am
>>
>>36716504
Damn that's fucked up if true...Always felt bad for people who had an extremely shitty start in life
>>
>>36717676
Nah man life is fair what are you talking about all peopel have the same qualities and if one person was able to overcome odds like this then anybody else who doesn't is just fucking weak minded
life is fair
life is FAAAAAIIIIIIIR
>>
Mom is a bipolar nutcase and manipulated me my entire life. I have a hazy fragmented memory of some inappropriate things for a mother and son to do, so I think some kind of sexual abuse occured

At least I wasn't beaten or anything too terrible. The only issues that stemmed from are uh,
>panic when touched
>mommy kink
>can't reciprocate affection
>think someone has malicious intent if they show any bit of affection
>>
Yes, yes and yes. My stepdad beat me so hard he almost killed me a couple of times. He beat up my mom as well.

Still, this is merely one cog in the complex machine that caused all of my current days insecurities. I have had a completely pathetic and miserable childhood and teenagehood. When it wasn't my stepdad beating the ever living shit out of me to near death for missing a plate when washing the dishes, it was my bipolar dad and his castrating control freak girlfriend lashing out at me for not performing spectacularly well in school. Coupled with the bullying in school and every psychiatrist in school trying desperately to pin the label of a retard on me because I refused to conform and had a terrible time with ADHD, I had quite the pill cocktail growing up.

Ironically, despite being so awkward with girls that I lost my virginity at 28 years old and being overly defensive and on guard all the time, I turned into a socially well adjusted normie with a decent social circle. This is why I believe I'll make it. I have the resilience of Guts in Berserk and I categorically refuse to let life break me. Dropping out of school at 17 and fucking off from my terrible family unit has been the best decision I've taken in my entire life. Now I'm a machinist and I live with 3 other friends in a luxurious flat. I think I'm doing alright.
>>
>>36716330
Yes, very much yes, and probably not. I'm about to be homeless (I made a thread about it), so I'm pretty sure I'm fucked. Might just go out with a bang or something. Why bother with anything else
>>
File: honk.png (1MB, 1018x572px) Image search: [Google]
honk.png
1MB, 1018x572px
My mom was always nice, but I rarely got to see her since my parents broke up when I was still a youngling.
I was mostly living with my dad and she had anger issues. Sometimes he would just yell, few times he whacked me with things in a spurt of anger and if I did anything bad the punishments were always pretty harsh.

One time I called some kid a homo in school, teacher wrote a note about it to dad and I got my ass whipped with a belt 30 times and I was grounded in my room for a month. No vidya, no tv, no nothing.
Thinking back on it, its funny that I was grounded so much over small things and I hated it. Now I don't want to leave my home.

I was pretty twitchy when I was younger, when people would make quick movements, I kind of twitched out of a habit because of the constant random beatings at home, but I grew out of that. I have lived alone for 10 years and I feel like I'm becoming more and more of a recluse as time goes on.

I'm pretty happy even if unstable though. I don't blame my dad for anything at this point. Just the fact that I'm a piece of shit.
I also developed self harm habit which turned more into a fetish later on, but I doubt that is related to my childhood.
>>36717482
How did that affect you? You became insecure or something? Robots are here for many reasons.
>>
>>36716330
Some of the things they did would be considered abuse or neglect today. They probably caused some of my problems. I can't recover.
>>
>>36716330
Reminder our parents should've beat our generation harder, maybe then we'd all stop pretending to have depression
>>
>>36718577
Yeah, they should have beaten them to death, especially those who are too weak, such as myself. That would have saved resources of family, friends, society, everything, and made parents look better because they don't have pathetic excuses for children (the death of the loser kid would be soon forgotten and forgiven).
>>
>>36718577
Yeah, all those people itt that turned out real well from getting beaten
>>
>>36718577

yeah because you'd have real depression
>>
File: 1481446744289.png (348KB, 555x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481446744289.png
348KB, 555x600px
>>36716330
I wont blogpost as it will go unread but ill give the ahort rundown.

My mom was and still is manipulative, spychotic, schizophrenic, short tempered, cold and calculating, violent.
I grew up with her because she broke my dad, stole his money and was very violent and verbally abusive to him, he left when i was 2 couldnt see him again till i turned 16 or so.
He tried to tell the police and social services what she was doing to me, but before the cops or social service lady came my mom would threaten me.
She talked to herself in her room alot or was out partying so i learned to cook from an early age and other stuff.
When she finally got a rich guy to marry her, she completely for him, but she would punch me in the kidneys when he wasnt home or hit me in places that wouldnt cause visible bruises like the top of the head, usually using a weapon like a home phone or a belt.
Im leaving out alot, but i think my mom just caused my deep seated trust issues with women what with her verbal and physical abuse.
I still havent gotten over it and its been around 20 years since i last saw her.
She tried to email me once when i was 27 but i blocked her.
If i ever recieve news of her death im going to crash her funeral and piss on her fucking grave.
Fuck you Evonne, i hope you burn in hell.
i got heated and this turned into a blogpost anyway, thanks for this thread its good that ive vented this
>>
Yes definitely.
I hate my dad sooo much.
Also they got divorced and now he fucks young men when he's in his 50s.
I suppose I also got the gay from him
>>
>>36718577

But anon, I was probably beaten harder than most people ITT and it only acted as a ball and chain which slowed down my self improvement dramatically.

People advocating for violence as a tool for conditionment always make me laugh. They are always either people who have never experienced child abuse because they were always walking straight, but think that a good spanking would beat out the laziness out of the "current youth" or they are people who were beat into such a submissive state that they live in complete denial that getting beat up actually ruined them.
>>
>>36716395
Discipline doesn't have to be abuse. I guarantee you wouldn't turn out well if you were abused by your oarents.
>>
My mother was a crazy woman who used to beat me whenever her and my father fought (she couldn't hit him so she took it out on me). When my father left her, she just went off the deep end.

She would whip me with a belt and eventually I could take it long after her arm got tired. After my father left, and I wasn't reacting to her whipping, she had me turn away from her and she wound up and kicked me in the balls. This became her go-to punishment (or past-time, depending on whose view you took).

I couldn't get over those kicks. Sometimes she'd do a double... kick me, get me up off the ground and kick me again.

One day my aunt and uncle (not from Bel-Air) came, packed my shit and took me to their place.

I had a crushed testicle removed and I'm gay, probably because I have no interest in ever trusting a woman (other than my aunt).
>>
>>36718930
>>36718999
I feel for you anons, its in the past but s shit >>36718768 will always be apart of me, and ill always be thinking of it.
It sucks and i just wish i had been born as someone else.
>>
>>36718986
LACK OF DISCIPLE IS ABUSE!!
>>
File: wwedf2f4.jpg (133KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wwedf2f4.jpg
133KB, 1000x1000px
>>36716330
Child abuse threads like this one pop up every so often, tailor made for a certain kind of robot who can then cry about how his POS abusive parents ruined their life. To these robots, I've got news for you:

If you are intelligent enough to realize why you are fucked up, you're more than capable of mending whatever it is that is that is broken. Your parents may not have helped things but you are holding yourself back at this point. Stop blaming others and focus on yourself.
>>
>>36719099
No, it's shitty parenting.
>>
>>36718049
I know no ones responded to you yet but good work bro, we're all gonna make it
>>
>>36716330
Many psychological studies have been done that find no huge relationship between parenting and success
It's largely genetics or more influential environmental factors such as a disease, traumatic injury, etc.
Your shitty parents didn't make you shit, you were always destined to be shit, now don't you feel better?
>>
>>36718999
This is all kinds of fucked up right here. If that was my mom I would have slit her throat in her sleep but at least your relatives jumped in to save you before you cracked and killed the bitch.
>>
>>36719437
Can you post a few of these studies?

I just find sources to the contrary.
>>
>>36716330
Parents coddled me and had low expectations of me, my mother thought it would be best for me to "find my own way in life", looks like my own way in life is playing video games and drinking myself to death
>>
>>36719517
I dont really feel like looking them up but it was something I learned a few times in college, I even wrote a few essays on the matter
You could probably just google it, it's something that has become common knowledge as far as I know
>>
>>36716395
>>36719099
You're a fucking moron! Your parents weren't abusive enough? Well how fucking lucky you are! I wasn't so lucky, shithead! If you really believe what you said, you have no idea how good you have it! Fuck off!
>>
>>36719692
You're full of shit. Do you happen to be Jewish?
>>
>>36718155
Insecure? I guess you could say that. More than anything what's fucked me up is the lack of love i've felt from him now and growing up. I think i could count on my hand the compliments i've ever recieved from my father. I don't feel comfortable in his presence, i'm always on edge around him always have been. My sister also had similar problems but has dealt with it better than i have.
>>
>>36720459
Nope I'm English and German
You don't have to believe me if it helps you sleep at night kid
>>
>>36720520
Not the same anon but if you want to make a solid argument you have to at least provide some data and not just "i did a paper on this in college and you should take my word on it". Telling someone to google something doesn't make your point sound very trustworthy.
>>
>>36720920
I already said that I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything
I gave my opinion, and if you want to follow up on it that's for you to do
Like I said, I thought this idea was common knowledge at this point
>>
>>36716330
Had abusive parents, all it taught me was that other people only exist to be used. anyone who is no longer useful to me I cut contact with.
in a funny twist of fate, they called me to apologize a year ago and now I live in a multi-million dollar beach house alone with a cushy job thanks to them. they're also getting pretty old so I hope to snag that inheritance soon.
>>
>>36716330
My father was extremely abusive and hurt me every way possible. Physically, mentally, sexually. He absolutely damaged me, I can't deny that. My mother was a great person though, she just passed away early in my life.
>>
>>36720945
It isn't though. The nature vs nurture debate has been going on for a long time but nobody has come up with any solid evidence that backs one argument over the other.
>>
>>36716330
Mom beat me and neglected me entire childhood.
Dad moved out when I was 5, my older sibling went with him. Mom threatened to kill herself if I were to follow and move in with my dad when I became 12 (the age when a kid can decide which divorced parent to live with here).
Alot of this contributes to my mental health, I guarantee it considering my older sibling grew up to be a normie.
I honestly don't think I'll ever recover entirely. Medication so far certainly doesn't help.
>>
>>36721002
From my research it seems pretty conclusive that nature trumps nurture by an order of magnitude
This really isn't common knowledge?
>>
>>36721036
wrong. it isn't nature vs nurture, its nature AND nurture.
both are essential.
>>
>>36721036
Nope. And give me something solid that backs your "research". And by that i don't mean the shit that comes out of your ass.
>>
>>36721137
What is with you and not listening to me even though I've said the same thing 3 or 4 times
>>
>>36721154
Fear of social interaction is nature? Being scared of everything is nature? trusting people is nature? Are you dense?
>>
>>36716330
I was a orphan. Lived in a ton of abusive foster homes though.
>>
>>36717929
Wow are you me?
Origiano
>>
>>36721234
I figured you were angry and that's why you wouldn't leave it alone
Believe what you want, that's life, I'm not here for an argument
>>
>>36721267
Im not him. You can respond to this but cant pull up a few articles you apparently studied?
>>
>>36721322
Because I'm not trying to prove anything
I'm not even trying to make you believe me
What is so hard about this?
>>
>>36719437
ive seen studies showing that over half of studies are false, especially in psychology. common sense is literally more reliable than psychological research.

and you are clearly full of shit
>>
>>36719692
I did google it and like I said I found nothing
>>
>>36721748
Whatever helps you sleep at night, champ
That's what makes life worth living
>>
>>36721767
You must not be very good at using google
>>
>>36717290
shit man my mom also beat me with a shoe thingy all the tape and kept slapping me. whenever i told her to stop hitting me she said she is not hitting me and started hitting me.
one day she also broke her shit by hitting the table and she seemed very angry about that and hit me for that.
now shes getting old and keeps telling me she always cared for me and when I ask her about why she beat me so much she said she never beat me.
and for some strange reason i still feel like I should care about her now that she is old, hate myself for that. it's more about it beeing expected of someone.
>>
>>36721911
don't let yourself being manipulated,it's a mind virus.
>>
>>36721364
If this was a different board i'd call you out on your bullshit. But anyway... Learn how to debate anon, don't they teach you that in college?.
>>
>>36718049
I hope I turn out like you :)
>>
>>36720969
Marry me?

Anyway I'm OP. Parents are verbally, emotionally and used to be physically abusive. I have no friends and I'm just messed up.
>>
>>36718999
Did your dad die of lung cancer?
>>
>>36722313
But I was never trying to debate
I think I've said this half a dozen times in this thread
You're probably just baiting me
>>
My parents were always angry at me because they made me unattractive and act like its my fault.
>>
>>36722778
He's still alive.

Why do you ask?
>>
i was raised by a borderline single mother, and eventually borderline step father who would pass me off to my psychopathic wife beating grandfather whenever she didnt want to raise her son
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.