[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*Social Anxiety General*

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 12

Post your recent battles with social/general anxiety and stories

>be me, anxious as fuck in public
>have to buy groceries
>oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck WHY
>awkwardly walk around and duck into non-busy aisles
>finally finish shopping and go to check out with QT cashier
>have to pay with debit card, awkwardly fumble with the card and drop it while hand shakes visibly and I stutter s-sorry
>she says its ok
>its not
>I run off
>whyme.jpg
>>
>cant seem to talk anymore
>I stammer constantly and sound like an autist

what happened?
>>
>on bus home from town
>bus driver tells us the bell isnt working so we have to shout for the next stop
>too scared to shout for my stop
>hope someone else needs to get off at my stop and tells him to stop
>nobody does
>bus does the full circuit and i end up back in town
>wait for the next bus and end up being home an hour late
>>
>>36715333

You're fucking pathetic anon. Get a fucking grip.
>>
>>36716063
Ops not pathetic you asshole, social anxiety is a real thing, and its because of people like you who constantly judge everyone and expect them to live up to YOUR standings.
I'm quite well off (wealthy family, decent looking, own house, 7/10 gymnastic girlfriend, cars, own boat) and even i get social anxiety almost everytime i go out, it gets especially bad at malls where there's lots of busy people, have always been this way, cant explain it, just a feeling of unease.
So you get a grip anon, and i hope your future/present children die painfully of colon cancer you piece of shit :)
>>
>>36716234

Yeah it is a real thing. It's a product of living in an over privileged society and having nothing to actually be depressed about. The pilot that was set on fire by isis, thats fucking cause of anxiety. Not going to the shops.

Beta faggot.
>>
>>36715333
They have grocery delivery now...
>>
>>36716293
Not here in my small town...anon
>>
>>36716276
>over privileged
>nothing to be depressed about
Pretty far out assumptions anon, social anxiety isn't being scared youre gonna die, its SOCIAL anxiety, or fear of being seen as a beta by people you dont even know, im not saying it's not irrational and easy to get over but your assumptions/opinion is wrong.
>>
>>36716366

> caring what people think
> scared of literally nothing

Pathetic. Don't reproduce and do the world a favour.
>>
>>36716387
Idiot. You need to grow the heck up. You have no idea how hard it is to have anxiety.
>>
>>36716396

Loser. You need to man the "heck" up. Grow some balls and go outside. Turn your computer off get a fucking life.
>>
>>36716387
Yeah man, if we could change the way we feel just like that then social anxiety wouldnt exist, its in our brains, its not something we control, like being born with a deformity or autism in your case, you have no control over it, doesn't make you pathetic
>>
File: 1493188483955.jpg (71KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
1493188483955.jpg
71KB, 600x473px
>>36715333
>everything is going well
>suddenly anxiety kicks in
>spent last day drinking, I didn't go to class today, tell people I'm sick
Well it seems it's time to go down the shit pit again
>>
>>36716429

Can't stop intrusive thoughts in your own head. How beta can you get?

You want to get over a fear of something. Keep doing it until it goes away.

You're fucking definition of pathetic.
>>
>>36716412
>turn off your computer and get a life
>trolling people for having a disorder
Hypocrite
>>
Friendly reminder that the most effective way to deal with anxiety is to do precisely the thing that makes you feel anxious. The more you do it and walk away without dying, the more your mind becomes accustomed to it and you'll find the anxiety quickly goes away.

Social skills are something you're going to benefit from having your entire life, so the time to tackle social anxiety is right now. It doesn't matter how much of an idiot you look like at the start; you'll quickly improve and either people will soon forget how you were originally or you'll find yourself in a completely different social group entirely (new school, new job, etc.).

The WORST way to deal with anxiety is to avoid doing the thing that makes you anxious, since that guarantees the anxiety will never improve. Also, by never facing your fears, you eliminate the possibility of ever truly becoming a man and maturing into the fully functional, successful adult you have the potential to be.

Godspeed, anxious Anons.
>>
>>36716412
This bait is not even funny. Anxiety is much worse than meme depression, there's plenty of normie """"""socially anxious"""""" fake idiots around though
>>
File: 1484976270192.jpg (42KB, 564x496px) Image search: [Google]
1484976270192.jpg
42KB, 564x496px
>>36716448

> disorder

My fucking sides.
>>
>>36716440
>>36716450
Been going to the shops my whole life m8, still feel the same way every time, wer havent just got anxiety, every human on earth will die. That's not what makes us uneasy, Its being put in social circumstances when you feel youre at you most vulnerable
>>
>>36716450
>tfw anxiety is cronic
>tfw stuck with doing things I'm anxious about everyday, all the time, or else I spiral down fast
I just want to be a normaldo
>>
>>36716467
I guess you think people with PTSD are also betas and think its not a disorder
>>
>>36716481

Vulnerable from what? Someone asking you the time? Asking if you're paying by cash or card?

It's pathetic. And coming on here and posting shit about it just surrounds you with other losers enabling this behaviour as normal.

Go outside. Start fucking exercising. Drink more water. Get a hold of your life instead of wasting it worrying about absolutely fuck all.

You think people had "social anxiety" 70 years ago during a fucking war? Cancerous society wanting to take no fucking responsibly for breeding a load of fucking beta kids.
>>
File: 1493333437446.gif (1MB, 276x298px) Image search: [Google]
1493333437446.gif
1MB, 276x298px
>>36716501

PTSD FROM GOING TO THE SHOP.

OH MY GOD ANON PLEASE STOP.
>>
>>36716515
Are you not paying attention?? There's obviously nothing to be scared about, its just an involuntary of unease, how stupid are you that you cannot understand this after if said it so many times, i exercise alot, i skateboard, I have a job that makes me deal with atleast 100 people a day, we dont just hide in a corner you dense dumbass, obviously to live we do go to the shops, we do ride the bus to work, we do ask strangers for the time, but that doesn't mean we dont feel (and i cannot stress this enough) INVOLUNTARILY uneasy, get it now? Or need me to explain abit more?
>>36716531
What? Can you read maybe read that again m8
>>
>>36716593

Still not getting it. Need more clarification on how absolutely nothing at all sets you off into a hilarious sweaty panic spiral and you can't control your brain.

Please. More details of how pathetic your life is.
>>
File: 1491541642232.png (461KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
1491541642232.png
461KB, 1059x962px
>go to dentist
>muster up the courage to register myself
>sit in waiting room, full with muslims
>only available place is next to 2 children
>fukwhy
>akwardly stare at the ground hoping no one starts a conversation
>i see one of the children look at me about to say something, but then looks away
>dentist calls me in
>it's female
>''oh anon, how many times a day do you brush?"
>''i-i uh don't really brush everyday,''
>laugh slightly to make it seem funny
>no response
>"Then what do you do about the smell? Pepermint or something?"
>wat
>n-no
>''oh okay, thats fine.''
>hear the disdain in her voice
>tells me to take better care of my teeth
>akwardly mumble yes after everything she says
>>
File: card.png (182KB, 594x937px) Image search: [Google]
card.png
182KB, 594x937px
>>36716515

i think your biggest offence is refusing to admit that human life is relative.

we are a product of our context, you even acknowledge that. If you threw op into a war, im sure he would adapt, but i think its a testament to our society that we don't have to worry about that, and instead worry about acting poorly in a social situation.
>>
>>36716625
>>36716625
Oh I get it now, youre a nigger.. dunno why I even wasted my time haha
>>
>>36716638

It's childish enabling bullshit that is becoming more and more mainstream. In the next post it will "I'm a fucking woman trapped in a mans body."

Get some help. Go outside. Get yourself under control.
>>
>>36716044
Holy shit are you me? Origanu
>>
>>36716670

And there we go! You lost sweaty palms.
>>
>>36715333
You people should read up on the sublime. Confront yourself with the magnificence and grandeur of time and nature and your own insignificance. Maybe it will help you with realizing that there is no reason to stress out because of little things like that.
>>
File: Serbian Nationalism.jpg (56KB, 600x655px) Image search: [Google]
Serbian Nationalism.jpg
56KB, 600x655px
>>36716675
and as i said, the fact that it is becoming more mainstream is a testament to how far we've come.

don't know what else to say buddy.
>>
>>36716727

You choose how to act and feel.

It's a testament to the downfall of our race. Not a cause of celebration.
>>
Best way to get food is going to 24 hour supermarket (self checkout) between 12-3am. I've done this many times and never need to speak to any staff.
>>
>>36716727
Haha leave it man, there's no point in arguing with autism, let him think he's right
>>
>>36716872

> autistic

Says a load beta fags complaining about going outside.

K
>>
>>36716872
How can I find a gf?
>>
>>36717362
Go outside and meet some people maybe I guess
>>
>It's another 'potentially comfy thread gets ruined by shit-tier bait that people for some reason keep replying to' episode
>>
>>36717400
>Implying I don't go outside every day
There is a reason why all these normalfags infest this board and I'm sick of it.
>>
File: 1493219751249.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493219751249.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
Just got back from my uni wellbeing officer. I WAITED 6 WEEKS TO SEE YOU AND YOU JUST SAID THINGS THAT I HAVE ALREADY TRIED.
He may aswell have said bee urself

>be me, two hours ago
>leave flat early because of anxiety over where appointment is
>find room too quickly, virgin walk past his window and sit on chair outside for as long as possible before entering
>guy comes out with one minute until our appointment begins
>i'll be five minutes MATE
>tfw chad got a comfy job in counseling
>finaly enter
>gets me to do do the same test again
>yep, still have depression and anxiety
>proceeds to go through stratergies that I have already tried
>cry through the whole hour
>packs me off with some sheets of paper and a link to some fucking ted talk
>also a chart where I have to rate my mood with between one and five smiley faces at different times of day
Things don't get better
>>
>>36717624
take mdma and see the beauty in life
>>
>>36717624
>Things don't get better
Sometimes they do but from what I've seen it rarely has to do with you or your efforts and there are no signs or symptoms that things are about to get better which makes it even harder
>>
>>36716450
>success

Spooooooooky
>>
>used to be outgoing and charasmatic
>bullied for voice and how loud I was
>become silent for years
>can no longer hold 1 on 1 conversations
>can no longer look someone in the eye
>almost impossible for me to look directly into the lens of a camera when my photo is being taken

And now for a story
>be me
>decide to buy food because too lazy to make it
>go to KFC and walk up to a register
>wait for someone to serve me (store was quiet so nobody standing at register)
>literal 10 walks out to take my order
>open my mouth but no sound comes out
>when I can pick up some of my spaghetti i quietly tell her what I want, stuttering
>"I'm sorry, can you please repeat that?"
>feel myself blush
>sort of chuckle and turn to leave, after doing the finger guns

Help.

>>36715475
It's like you're me
>>
>>36717624
Your honestly not that informed if you thought he could help you. Go to a highly reputable therapist of some sort and he may be able to help you
>>
>>36717804
>your
Why am I retarded
>>
>>36715333
>have panic attacks my whole life
>my head felt like exploding every day before school, stomach pains even before I've eaten anything
>now police are trying to catch me, I live in a tiny commieblock, there are only 2 apartments on my stairwell
>police bang on my door for 15 minutes straight while I hide in the basement ready to jump out of the basement window any time
>then they proceed to bang on my neighbour's door while he is away, his dog barking like crazy
>I don't know when they're going to come next time, and if they're going to force the doors this time
>my father doesn't know I have a problem with police cause I was too anxious to tell him
this isn't even half of it, but tell me more about your anxiety while doing groceries you stupid autists
>>
>>36717887
what did you do?
originalito
>>
>>36716632
brush your teeth retard
>>
>>36716276
>implying only people in over privileged society gets to experience social anxiety

did your brain went out for a morning jog anon?
>>
>>36717800
>the finger guns
Holy shit I though I was the only one who did that.
>>
>>36716412
>Grow some balls and go outside.
>Turn your computer off get a fucking life.
thanks for the normie advice faggot. Are you gonna tell me 'to be yourself' too?
>>
>>36717917
I posted CP for fun when I was drunk
>>
>>36718002
A common curse among men.
>>
>tfw so awkward you get pet names from strangers
>kid
>bud
>buddy
>kiddo
I'm not a child goddammit I just asct like one.
>>
File: parliament.jpg (440KB, 1550x864px) Image search: [Google]
parliament.jpg
440KB, 1550x864px
>>36715333
>From 'An Analysis of Social Anxiety Disorder, Treatments, and Outcomes' by Gold, Wilson, etc., 2012- "The overwhelming majority of social anxiety cases respond most favorably to Cognitive Behavior Therapy with a small cohort responding most favorably to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy combined with a placebo..."
>"...the conclusion is that with very rare exeptions typically associated with a brain injury Social Anxiety Disorder is learned behavior..."
>"...sufferers of Social Anxiety Disorder are trapped in an internal ideation of their own that is akin to Vulnerable Narcissism..."
>"...effective treatment is based upon the sufferer breaking the cycle of their internal monologue..."
Guess what?
You're doing it to yourself.
You can stop doing it to yourself with effort.
>>
>>36718024

No faggot. I'm gonna tell you to stop being so pathetic and stop wanting to be a victim all your life.
>>
>>36716872
All from you:
>"My life is great except people scare me so much I think it is an illness"
>"How dare you give people grief for mental illness! You are a BAD PERSON for mocking mental illness!"
>"Fuck the autist; you know how THEY are, with their autism."
Thanks for using a trip, you moron
>>
>>36718066
You deserve it you disgusting pedo fuck
>>
>>36718143
>You're doing it to yourself.
>You can stop doing it to yourself with effort.

I've done CBT therapy for my anxiety and it worked, but just telling someone they are doing it to themselves is not enough. CBT involves lots of different strategies to change thoughts, behaviors and feelings.
Expecting someone to administer therapy to themselves is stupid.
>>
>>36718024
Stop replying to bait fucking newfags
>>
>>36718024
>>36717624
Know what I love about robots?
People who aren't fucking themselves over
>"Robot, you have to *change*. You have to do *different things*. You have to *change your mental outlook*!"
Robots
>"Why do normie tell us to just bee urself?!!?!?!"
This is what
>>36718143
is all about.
>>
>>36718143
>You can stop doing it with effort
Yeah but how?
Effort directed towards what?
>>
>>36718555
The main form of CBT treatment for Social Anxiety is in vivo confrontation - the Wilson, Schultz study showed that almost 75% of people with Social Anxiety can do this on their own!
Let me repeat this more clearly - over 7 out of 10 people with Social Anxiety can begin to defeat it by signing up for and taking classes on public speaking
>>
>>36718143
I have no idea what most of those words mean
>>
>have to get a haircut tomorrow
>considering telling my mom to ring and cancel the appointment
>already panicking
>have to be up early to go but know I'm not going to be able to sleep
>know she's going to ask what I do
>know she's going to try talk to me
>last time I went over a year ago she spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get the cowlick on the back right
>didn't stop trying to talk to me the whole time
>feel my chest getting tight and a float-y feeling just thinking about it
>>
>>36718197
Idiot

obviously anon isn't really autistic, he's just being a prick, although if you thought he's really autistic i wouldn't blame you
>>
>>36718572
Well, see a therapist to get stuff for you, but in general
1) change behavioral patterns, mainly by building new habits of daily activity
2) Change patterns of thought to reduce and eventually eliminate cognitive distortion with positive imagery, rejection of automatic thoughts, etc.
1&2 together are the best start
3) add in in vivo confrontation of anxiety in a guided way with formal classes in things like public speaking or personal sales techniques
It can take years to complete, but an alleviation of anxiety can be almost immediate.
>>
>>36718617
"95 people out of 100 that have Social Anxiety are doing it to themselves with their habits of thought - the other 5 guys have brain damage"
"Get them to stop thinking of themselves as the center of the universe and they'll feel a ton better and be functional"
>>
>>36718635
Whether he is an autist or not doesn't change the fact that you're a narcissistic, hypocritical, poorly educated douchecanoe
>>
>>36718666
Thanks Satan. Also, what's vivo?
>>
>>36718704
Why is that? Because I dont want to argue with ignorance? Would i be more educated in your eyes if i called him a dick instead?
>>
Had a job interview yesterday and I had a nervous breakdown in the parking lot and puked all over my clothes.
>>
Not much of a story but I once got let go from a job because I wasn't talking to coworkers much. My mom went down there and asked my manager why I was fired. Pretty embarrassing when she told me she did that.
>>
>>36718718
'in real life', 'for real'.
>>
>>36717800
I laugh but I cry because this is basically me
>>
>>36718728
I know that you will struggle to understand basic concepts, so let me go slowly
-You whined like a little bitch when someone called you names and you whinged, whinged, whinged about how you have a mental disorder and stop being mean
-you then mocked someone by accusing them of - having a mental disorder
The beauty of it is that OF COURSE autism is an organic disorder that the sufferer cannot control while Social Anxiety Disorder is a Cognitive Distortion disorder so you *DO* have control over it
>that means your initial whinging got it backwards
Sure, sure, cognitive distortions often need help from outsiders but
>here is the funny part, in context with you
the help is to get the person to realize that social anxiety *is* in their control and they *can* over come it.
So, to sum up
you are hypocritical (you gladly do to others that which you don't want done to you)
You are narcissistic (SoAnDi + your behavior)
you're poorly educated (if you had educated yourself about your disorder....)

See how easy that was?
>>
>>36715333
No joke, I used to walk an extra mile to go to a supermarket that had self-checkouts even though I had a normal one very close to my house. Thankfully I don't buy a lot of heavy things.
>>
>>36716632
Lichurally me
>>
>>36718887
What if I spaghetti up every social interaction because of autism and the experiences that has given me have given me social anxiety?
>>
>>36718686
Thanks. Sorry for being a brainlet
>>
>>36718956
Learned behavior. You said it yourself
>>
>>36719000
Why call yourself names?
>>
>>36716044
Why couldnt you just walk up to the front of the bus and tell him, you do that anyway when your stop approaches right?
>>
>>36716670
Dude stop replying to him, he's a fucking troll. You didn't lose because you couldn't defend your argument, you lost because you fed the troll. Social Anxiety is a real disorder wether he wants to acknowledge it or not. There's medication for it and you can even be diagnosed by a psychiatrist. He's got nothing better to do that to make absurd arguments to get you to reply. Stop giving him what he wants. I get it, it's hard to hold your toung back because you feel like you've lost, but you haven't. You've got better things to do than to entertain children.
>>
>>36716593
Honestly I would normally stand up for you and your mental health issues but since you are a tripfag FUCKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF GET THE FUCK OUTTTTT FUCK OFF
>>
File: 1492178993171.png (21KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1492178993171.png
21KB, 200x194px
>>36716632
>Too nervous to go to the dentist
>>
>>36716675
DUDE
STRICT CONSERVATIVE SOCIAL POLITICS
LMAO
>>
>>36716366
Social anxiety is a lot of things for a lot of people. Mostly this all stems from insecure attachment as a child or trauma

Some people actually experience fear as if they would die from speaking up.
>>
>>36715333
>working at Starbucks
> customer has a very specific order
>coffee grinder is super loud so I can barely hear her
>ask her to repeat her drink several times
>finally ring her up when she asks why I grabbed a hot cup when she said she wanted it iced
>looks at my coworker and says "it's like he's not even listening!"
>apologize like a beta and fumble for a new cup
Didnt help that I was stoned and it was like my 2nd day
>>
>>36719220
99% of all people suffer from social anxiety though. Most of us just learn to live with it.
>>
>>36716387
This isn't really a genes thing. Most psychologists could tell you that 98% of the time it comes from bad parenting
>>
>>36719239
No, everyone experiences social anxiety as a child and a teen. You just got to get over it.
>>
>have harsh social anxiety
>have to give public debate for graduation
>get panic attack whilst speaking
>start sweating enormously, mind is blank
>deathwish
>finish with my debating partner
>get an A
>he gets a C
>>
What is the difference between social anxiety and AVPD? original
>>
>>36718686
That's great, but literally impossible for most adolescents. When the prefrontal lobe isn't fully developed, they just won't be able to get that out of their head.
>>
>>36719004
Yes, I aready know that. What I was trying to say is that, since I actually do fuck social situations up because of an organic disorder, that would mean that the anxiety wouldn't be something self inflicted.
>>
>>36719195
If you had been raised in a socially conservative home you wouldn't have most of the issues you see on arcanine
>>
>>36719112

I'm not a troll. You are literally doing it to yourselves. It's like a loaf of fat people denying that their calorie intake isn't the reason they are fat - it's glandular.

You are all pathetic. Not trolling.

The mere fact you suggested I am trolling just shows everyone how pathetic and insecure you all are. You can't help yourselves. You all need euthanising.
>>
>>36719257
I know what you mean, I thought that way too for awhile until I started studying disorders more. People actually develope life long issues that are a bit more dramatic than what you're describing. What you're describing is normal behavior for someone with an underdeveloped frontal lobe while I'm describing someone who has a disorder do to never establishing secure attachments or experiencing trauma
>>
>>36719319
Nackwards. Adolescents respond to CBT *more* readily because they haven't had the time to truly habituate the negative cognitive patterns.

>>36719322
Even people on the autistic spectrum (as long as they are capable of coherent social communication) respond to CBT for social anxiety - do, yes, you can overcome it
>>
>>36719360
Why use an acronym without establishing what it means first? Or are you just trying to look smart?
>>
>>36719378
Read the fucking thread, retard. Anon has been talking about cognitive behavior therapy for a long time
>>
>>36719360
Not saying that I can't overcome it. I'm currently undergoing CBT treatment, actually. The thing is that social anxiety often is a result of having poor social skills, which is something that you can't "just get over" in the same way that you can't "just be fluent in French."
>>
File: IMG_6067.jpg (35KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6067.jpg
35KB, 367x500px
>>36719343
*tips fedora origially*
>>
>>36717624
I mean desu the problem is that your counsellor is a piece of shit.

If you aren't getting treated personally (as in by an expert professional), you aren't doing it right. Take that from someone who's lived through this shit.
>>
>>36716276
When people stop being burned alive, and humanity is on some advanced tier shit (nuclear apocalypse notwithstanding) then these are the problems well have to face. Privileged people are just the first to face them.
>>
>>36719617
You can learn French.
You can learn social skills.
The market for teaching social skills is billions of dollars a year
>>
>>36719838
Yes, you can learn French, but it won't be easy. Imagine some native French speaker comming to a tread where people are talking about learning the language and telling them "why don't you just fucking learn it then you idiots, not being fluent in French is your fault. Just look at me, I've known French my whole life, it's not even hard. Just get over it."
>>
>>36719751

> Privileged

You're a fucking faggot anon
>>
>>36719925
Moving the goalposts.
You can overcome social anxiety *without* improving social skills (indeed, you may need to do it in that order).
You don't have to be "perfectly fluent" in French to get by and the best way to improve is immersion.
You don't have to be a top-notch salesman level skilled at social interaction to improve and gain more skill.
What you are displaying is negative ideation; 'if I am not perfect I shouldn't even try' is ridiculous and self-destructive.
>>
>Schizophrenic NEET with panic disorder
>Grandpa died 6 weeks ago
>Living with my grandma who has Alzheimer's has proven to be too difficult for us
>Parents told me they're considering selling our comfy house in the countryside to buy a smaller one in the city in order to afford putting my grandmother in a nursing home

I haven't been able to sleep (even with a shitload of benzos) since I was told the news saturday. It's even more difficult to accept this sacrifice when I refuse to acknowledge the person downstairs as my grandmother: putting my schizophrenia aside, even the family cat behaves better than she does. It's like some kind of creature is wearing her skin.
>>
>>36720001
I already said that I was trying to improve. It's hard, though. You're acting as if though it isn't.
>>
Social anxiety has become a meme disorder.

Growing up I've, there were only about 4-5 kids in my classes from elementary up until high school that I felt like actually might've had been shy enough to have SAD. Nowadays every fucking normie has developed SAD. Same goes for depression.
>>36717800
This retard is a perfect example of a normie "developing" SAD.
>>
>>36720253
You're projecting. The first thing I wrote included
>"you can stop... with effort"
I keep saying things like 'get counseling', too.
>>
>>36717624
Don't even bother with college counseling. They're probably great at helping normies through relatively-trivial shit like break-ups and bad grades but when you come to them with a legitimate crippling mental illness they'll offer profound gems like "Join a club" or "Go to a party and meet people." Same goes for regular psychologists and psychiatrists. I have social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and depression; I've known that for about the past decade. In two years' worth of trying different psychologists/psychiatrists and describing the same exact symptoms the exact same way on every new consultation, I have at various points been diagnosed with:
>schizophrenia
>autism
>a nondescript psychotic spectrum disorder
Finally I went to an anxiety center that actually specializes in anxiety disorders and they diagnosed me correctly and predicted much of what I was going to say before I said it. When I told them about the other diagnoses I'd received they kind of laughed in disbelief and said I was a textbook case.
>>
>>36716440
>You want to get over a fear of something. Keep doing it until it goes away.

>fear death
>keep dieying over and over and over again
wew, no more fear of death!
>>
>>36720400
Your description does sound very similar to my own. Are these people not qualified? The fact that these people go through the education system and training to give diagnoses like that is shameful.
>>
>>36720342
I wouldn't call it projecting. I just missed something from one of your posts from before I joined the discussion.
>>
>>36715475
This. Now I do long awkward pauses and stumble while talking.
>>
>go to friends house
>can't really function sober so drink some whiskey
>black out
>vaguely remember telling friends gf embarrassing and disgusting things
>maybe called her beautiful and touched her not sure though
>this was 2 weeks ago
>anxiety gone through roof because of this
>can barely go outside
Too bad that alcohol is the only thing that truely takes social anxiety away.
>>
>>36719987
First World, you know what I mean cunt
Would have put speech marks around it if I had been bothered
>>
>had a job interview today
>stammered stuttered and dropped spaghetti everywhere
>switched languages several times from nervousness
>didnt get the job because I dont have enough experience
>had to walk half an hour on foot back home in the rain
>dentist tomorrow
>have to go to an employment office on thursday
>mom keeps telling me I have to get a job
Why the fuck can't we have state instituteolized suicide already. I just see no fucking point in doing this anymore. I have no friends, I'm a brainlet, I have no reason to live.
Video games arent fun anymore, my laptop is breaking down, I spend most of my day making imaginary stories inside my head and the only thing I want to do is sleep.

Please god kill me
>>
>>36722695
>I spend most of my day making imaginary stories inside my head
>Video games arent fun anymore
>the only thing I want to do is sleep
Welcome to /r9k/
>>
>>36723306
Thanks
A little late welcome since I've been here for 3 years but thanks
>>
>>36723361
No problemo friendarino, the exit is just between those ropes.
>>
>>36723399
Hanging sounds painful desu, can I get a shotgun instead
>>
>>36723424
Only if you make a high score attempt with it first.
>>
>>36716632
>the dentist kikes constantly try to convince me my teeth need fixing
>move from the town where those jewish dentists are
>get new dentist
>they tell me everything is fine
>fast forward, 4 years later
>every dentist except for those jewish ones have told me my teeth are ok
>>
>>36716515
Why do people like this even come to /r9k/? To feel better about their own pathetic lives? It might make you feel better, but it does nothing to improve your actual situation.
>>
>>36717800
Write the words "picture menu" on a piece of paper and show it to her. Deaf mutes eat KFC.
>>36718066
Kill yourself
>>36718143
>Just stop doing it, what's the problem?
You too, kys.
>>
>get back paper
>A+, keep up the good work
>procrastinate and make a really shitty paper
>have to turn in shitty paper
>scared to see feedback
>>
>>36723879
>social anxiety
>the content of your post
>>
>went to home depot with father
>a girl who worked at a rehab place works there now
>told her she has a nice buttduckaduck
>sir i have a boyfriend
>start panicking that she forgot about me or i said it to the wrong person
>i start saying at the rehab place you laughed about it but the nurse didn't find it funny
>she then remembers me
>she showed me her crocks because i said i liked them on her
>>
>>36718632
I always tell them "look, don't take it personally or anything. I get that you're trying to be social and nice here, and I appreciate that. But I'm just not the talkative kind of person. I've got some stuff I need to think over, so if you don't mind, could we do this without the excessive smalltalk?".

I recommend trying it yourself tomorrow to see if it makes the experience a little less stressful. They usually get a little surprised, but accept the request.
>>
>>36724434
That's way too long and autistic for me, I would start stuttering like a source engine game halfway through the first sentence
>>
>>36715333
> 19 y/o skelliefag
> buying 20 cans of tuna because theyre on sale and its my only safe food
> 'hi anon, wow you sure like tuna dont you?'
> drop all of the tuna
> a few of the cans pop open
> cheap fishy smell now everywhere
> cashier gagging
> drops the rest of the tuna
> runs
>>
>>36724533
Then bring a book and read.
>>
>>36724533
I used to have the same issue, but if you practice the same script several hours multiple days ahead, you'll likely be able to pull it off.

Seeing as you might not have enough time to prepare enough with that script, do you want me to make a shorter and simpler one for you?
>>
>>36724575
>> 'hi anon, wow you sure like tuna dont you?'
Kek. I'm sure she didn't see that reply coming.

Real talk though, what do you mean with "safe food"?
>>
I struggle to understand how you lads let yourselves get this bad
>>
File: 1490378021108.jpg (100KB, 959x443px) Image search: [Google]
1490378021108.jpg
100KB, 959x443px
>Live in student dorm
>Have own room+bathroom but shares kitchen with 8 others
>Hungry
>Hear that someone is in the kitchen
>Do nothing and got to the door every 15 minutes to listen for kitchen sounds
>Finally 4 hours later I get food
Man life is tough.
>>
>>36715475
i also have this, i hate having this autistic anxiety, is not only social but general being more intense when socializing.
i think when people stay years in NEET life they stop being able to talk properly idk
>>
>>36715333
Used to be like that, when I was a kid. Got over it, by the time I was 16.
>>
>>36716457
true, anxiety is much worse than depression but people dont care for either disorders because fucking normies think they have it and it becomes a meme disorder.
I hate normies!!!! REEEEE
>>
Who /social anxiety, GAD, and major depression master race/ here?

Was diagnosed with all of those in the hospital. I think I most likely have either avoidant or schizoid personality disorder but was never diagnosed with it.
>>
>>36724575
>Proceeds to show off her tits to hundreds of people
>>
>be me
>be talking to someone
>constantly say uh huh in response to anything
>feel physically sick
>get cold and clammy
>feel dizzy

almost every fucking time. it's not that I don't have the ability to talk to someone face to face, it's thinking about how they view me when I'm talking. don't even get me started on panic attacks either, they're horrendous in every sense of the word.
>>
>>36722695

Get disability money fammo and then you dont have to worry. I have it cause my anxiety is so bad and it really helps not having to get a job.

I tried to work at a diner and it was a disaster as you can imagine.

>dropped plates multiple times
>they always told me to "loosen up and relax"
>I never did
>awkwardly tried to make small talk and everyone stared at me
>quit after a week due to crying and everyone hating me

We are not meant to work, anon... unless you're on meds then maybe but man its tough.
>>
>>36727286

I also usually stammer, start visibly shaking and my eyes water whenever I have to talk to someone. Just gave up on making friends or having a social life or getting a job. Thank god for disability money. Only thing that helps is weed or booze but too much of both too often makes it worse so I make it an occasional treat.

And I hate going grocery shopping or ordering food too. I always mumble and have to repeat what I said.
>>
Today at VA appointment for mental health they forgot I was waiting for them 2 hours later by that time every where was packed with other crazy vets that are always angry I was having a panic attack had to hide in the bathroom for 30 mins and puked from nerves. The alarms also went off in the clinic by the time I left my hands were trembling now I'm at home in bed recovering from today almost got in a car accident too
>>
>>36715333

>be me, chubby 21 year old with long hair and beard and acne
>force myself to try and buy some food at the grocery store
>lady asks how my day is going
>I avoid eye contact and trip over my words like an autist
>"Pardon?"
>Uh y-yeah never mind. Ha-ha... sorry.
>Drop all my groceries and now I just order food at home and when I answer the door I wear glasses and dont speak

Gaining weight but at least I dont have to go out into the spooky world. :/ I hate going out.

Also does anyone get the thing where when you walk out in public you became super aware of how you're walking and you start tripping and walking like a retard and don't know what to do with your hands

Fuck social anxiety. Shit ruined my life. Lost all my friends when it got bad, no gf, had to leave school because every day I'd stammer and be awkward and feel nauseous when I tried to fit in and I couldn't take eating alone in the bathroom or being a weirdo and one day I was mocked because I went into the wrong room and the kids laughed and called me weird and mocked me... :/
>>
>>36726439
Very much this. Namefags are attention whores by definition.
>>
>>36728952
Perhaps you should have thought twice before believing Pentagon lies and going out to fight wars for kikes. No sympathy.
>>
>talk to no one and make no friends during my whole uni career
>finally graduate from uni, thank god my degree had minimal group projects and presentations
>now I have to get a job or be a NEET for the rest of my life

I cant fucking do interviews bros, I get so fucking nervous and I have nothing in common with normalfags.
>>
>>36719257
people like you are seriously sociopaths. you have no ability to even conceive that other people may have different experiences to your own let alone empathize with anyone.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.