[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck r9k

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: AdventureTime.jpg (1MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
AdventureTime.jpg
1MB, 2500x1406px
I've noticed that your understanding of arguments is really skewed. This may lead to problems in life and unnecessary stress, so I suggest you consider the following:

How 4chan sees arguments:

Two people have conflicting viewpoints. Their main goal is to force the other side to admit that they are right, and the opposing side is wrong. Because they are focused on "winning", they don't comprehend the "enemy" rhethoric and use dirty tricks that have nothing to do with argument itself. The result: one point of view "wins", no matter if it's true or not. Both arguers are stressed, neither actually gets any use out of the final point of view.

Real arguments:

Two people have different points of view on the same subject. Their main goal is to find out which one is the true one. Each states the facts that support their point. Because people are less critical of themselves, usually another person is necessary to point out the flaws of those facts. After they have filtered all non-facts out, the two arguers combine all factual points and form a point of view more true that they previously had. In the end, they both win and get new information.
>>
File: 1481302498401.jpg (113KB, 1221x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1481302498401.jpg
113KB, 1221x1050px
>>36715265
It stems from parent/child relations. Kids get used to "might it right" when it comes to arguments from their parents and carry it into adulthood. A good education and an understanding of philosphy (Kant's On Enlightenment speaks really well on proper open discourse of ideas) is supposed to cure it, but let's be honest, most Anons here are underage and shitposting from class.
>>
>was playing devils advocate and fake arguing with trolls
>someone i know finds the post and starts lecturing/arguing about topic
>i wasn't even talking representing my real self in the original post and now i have to argue about his false view of my views

>too busy to address a post about shitposting that was way too shitposty *
>10 months pass
>i told him i'd send him a letter addressing / continuing our talk about it
>he probably thinks those views are now mine and so much time has passed it's weird to even bring up
>feelsbad being taken the wrong way :(

>*my mentality here was, if i spent 0 effort thinking about that troll shitpost, i am not spending 100% effort convincing this person what is right or trying to psychoanalyze a shitpost. t hus i left it in the dust and he probably thinks i am that way truly

either way, be careful what you say on 4chan or people might take jokes fr and its just going to become a pain :/
>>
>>36715472
how the fuck did you get identified on 4chainz
>>
>>36715265
>Two people have different points of view on the same subject...After they have filtered all non-facts out, the two arguers combine all factual points and form a point of view more true that they previously had. In the end, they both win and get new information.

THIS STATEMENT IS.....
UNNNAAACCEPPTTABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

jk...seriously tho I've actually said the exact same thing to a particular family member of mine because he liked to used bullshit rhetoric and change the subject matter at will just to "win" or be right, where as I, like you said, would rather combine our intelligence, filter out the non facts and come to a more rational conclusion.
Maybe we are of higher intelligence?
I think this particular family member of mine ties their subjective view points to their self esteem. So anytime a question of their world view is proposed, their identity is also being challenged. So the gloves come off and makes for such tiresome arguments and prevents and further obtaining of knowledge on the subject impossible.
>>
>>36715472
that sucks man...i've had SHIT happen like that to me countless time but IRL. Like getting blamed for shit that I didn't do but getting tired of having to defend myself.
>>
>>36715418

The irony.. I'm OP and I despise philosophers who write books. I believe that strapping a name to a point gives the author less responsibility to prove it.
>>
>>36715515
i have stalkers lol jk

no but the bad thing is imagine trolling and someone you're into giving you judgment / lecture / nonsense as if you were that bad person (when in the thread, you were actually putting bad people on blast lol)

and now you have to deal with this false unaddressed perception because you're already tired from the bs of life and you're also kinda iffed that they didn't get the irony and what were they doing snooping around and getting heated over something unrelated to them and totally devils advocate, gah.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, past my bedtime and about to KO

but thanks for understanding.

>Like getting blamed for shit that I didn't do but getting tired of having to defend myself.

this is exactly it. i was so conflicted between liking this person and of course wanting to set them right and tell/show them the truth, about what was really going on and how they were taking a shitpost in the opposite direction and their judgments were unfounded.... VS. all of it not even being worth the effort because you're disappointed that he could get you so wrong.

i totally know what you mean - sometimes it gets tiring trying to fix the way other people think. esp if they are quick to judge and are ignorant enough to make up nonsense, sometimes i just leave them in their ignorance because they're not the type of person i'd want to be around anyway. also i'd rather save the effort.

maybe i'm just jaded or tired, as you said, but i guess it hurt a bit because he was a robot and i thought he'd understand out of all people. in fact, more than other normies do. but the irony went over his head and he was quick to judge and ended up being the foolish one, because none of what he thought was true. i was too tired to fight back and let him believe what he want.

anyway, sorry that happened to you anon and hope you have a great week. happy may. :)
>>
>>36715919
oops misedit

pretend you were posting in a thread
trying to annoy people or play devils advocate/troll

then 5 hours later, someone you thought was a cool goy pastes the thread to you or starts addressing points you mentioned and starts trying to debate with you about it

like wtf its not that srs or deep
you are trying to give me life advice on memeing i was doing for deliberate reasons, none of which you even know

fuck lmao thinking aboutt this even tires me out damn
anyway
before i say more gonna sleep
night peace be with you
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.