[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are you too smart for your own good? do you think too much? it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: brainbrainbrainbrain.jpg (74KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
brainbrainbrainbrain.jpg
74KB, 1000x800px
are you too smart for your own good? do you think too much? it that your problem?
>>
Everyone I know tells me I'm intelligent, that I'm smart. I've always been the bright guy to other people, but I don't see it at all. I'm not smart, but my psychologist tested me IQ in the 130s. I can't be smart because that wouldn't make sense. Am I crazy? Probably, my hallucinations are getting slowly more worse and worse. Nobody knows I hallucinate, if they did I think they'd fear for me.
>>
People who brag about their intelligence and IQ are usually losers
>>
I'm very stupid, but with a hyper self-awareness. Stupid people unaware of their stupidity are the happiest people on Earth.
>>
>>36711824
>Le classic non pretentious but pretentious post
>>
>>36711857
It's actually very depressing to realize how much of an idiot you are when compared to extremely bright people, even when you are substantially smarter than the average.
>>
>>36711755
>tfw 2 INT, 3 WIS, and 10 PER
It's hell, I'm in hell, I can't articulate the horror I'm in day-in day-out.
>>
>>36711886
It's not even pretentious. I'm serious, I dont know what people see in me and I feel like there's something wrong with me. If I came off as pretentious I don't even realize it.
>>
If I were smart, I wouldn't be here.
>>
>>36711824
Probably are dude.
You notice it after dealing with normies for a while. You can see them think slowly.

>>36711755
I don't think enough. But none of my problems are for lack of thinking.

Nice dubs.
>>
Do you guys ever wonder if you're actually smart or just convincingly pretending to be smart?
>>
tfw not smart enough to socialize or gain the friendship of others

or be likeable
>>
>>36712015
i try to tell myself i'm too smart for the rest and that's why i'm alone.
>>
File: 1492852332594.jpg (83KB, 545x488px) Image search: [Google]
1492852332594.jpg
83KB, 545x488px
>>36712015
>Can take 5 seconds to come to a solution an issue I have
>Never actually implement it
I guess this is the difference between a brainlet and a brainchad?

Like right now, I KNOW I'm suppose to change the player functions to be input only and let the entity class handle the calculations, but I'm sitting here about to get my 5th and 6th slice of pizza.
>>
>>36712001
I don't really know how people think slowly. Do other people think with words or by some kind of process? I just immediately arrive at conclusion after conclusion, wordlessly.
>>
>>36711951
it actually takes a 115 iq to even find 4chan so give yourself a little credit
>>
I'm very stupid, and as someone else said
, if I was smart I wouldn't be here on the web when I know I could be having a better time outside
>>
>>36712103
Sometimes it's not stupidity holding you back, for many of us it's depression and loneliness.
>>
>>36712086
paralysis by analysis
thinking too much
>>
>>36712126
Yeah I know how complicated it is, I don't want to power level though and talk about my experience and reasoning for being on 4chan
>>
>>36712015
If you could pretend to be smart you would know what it meant to be smart and you would have to be smart.
>>
File: 1485603421053.gif (261KB, 743x423px) Image search: [Google]
1485603421053.gif
261KB, 743x423px
>>36712130
>thinking too much
>tfw
>>
>>36712087
They repeat themselves over and over., as if they don't remember what they've already said.
I think they can't tell if you've grasped an idea or not and just sort of try to brute force communicate.

You'll see it. My boss does this all the time. Very nice guy, but I can't help but notice things like this.

Do you also interrupt with a reply before people are done speaking?
I do that a lot.
>>
I don't remember anything about math except the basic operations, so I would probably get a 70 IQ.
>>
>>36712237
I usually wait for them to finish speaking because I like to present myself as well mannered.

People have told me that I look like a serial killer, or that I act and look suspicious. Sometimes I stare at people when they aren't watching, I make sure they aren't watching because that would be creepy if they knew I was staring at them.

I don't think about doing anything bad, I just enjoy observing behavior. I don't know why I'm like this.
>>
I am smart. I haven't had to study my whole life. Two years into college, it's catching up to me. I've been in electrical engineering for two years, I am starting to fail classes. I don't have to drive for it. I understand everything, really, if I study it. I don't though. I don't have the drive. I am eventually going to fail out of college, know I had the potential to do things and end up working retail until I die.
>>
>>36712397
I don't have to study either anon. If I did it would probably help, but I scored an 85 on the AFQT for the ASVAB without studying.
>>
>>36712360
I also wait unless they're very close friends. I interrupt those fukkers because I can.

You know it's been suggested that the sharp leap in human cognitive powers was an arms race, fueled by the need to evaluate people's intelligence relative to yours.

You and I are pretty up there, and it explains a lot about interpersonal stuff like what you describe.
>>
>>36712417
>AFQT

Good for you. I wish I was smart enough to get carried through school. I was smart enough to get admitted and that's it. Oh well.
>>
ohhh you sure got me OP!! NOT. my iq is 215!!! LOL NO YOU DIDNT GET ME.
>>
>>36712015
man, no, that thought's never came to my head. I've never even seen anyone post that before.
>>
>>36711755
No, I think I might be retarded. I never implement winning strategies.
>>
>>36711755
I'm retarded, but not retarded enough for a tugboat
>>
>>36712445
I don't feel like a robot. I know I can easily talk to people and people can easily talk to me. Although I have friends, I feel alone. Although everything points to me being intelligent, I do not. I was hospitalized in a psych ward four years ago, and they released me to my mother even though they said that I wanted to kill others. I don't want to kill obviously. I'm wondering if my life outside of the psyche ward has been a hallucination, what if I'm still in that hospital?
>>
>>36712417
>no study
It never lasts. Eventually you find something you don't know, then you find you don't have the drive to learn it.
>>
>>36712461
Funnily enough I bullshitted my entire way through high school and am getting the Navy to pay for my college while in only have to sign away 4 years of my life with no debt attached. Felt like it was the best choice, as many student loans go unpaid, and I fear for the impending economic disaster that are student loans.
>>
>>36712658
Don't forget he needs to take his 500mg zoloft or he will relapse, take good care of him.
>>
i'm not smart, but i live around a lot of idiots who think i am
>>
Thinking too much does not mean that you are 'too smart', EVER. Overthinking is a thing, and it's usually when you give too much thought to something stupid, so much thought that you actually start to skew definitions and it start making sense. That's how conspiracy theorists gain their 'perspective', that, and a big sense of paranoia.

IQ doesn't mean shit on the level of maturity. It's your ability to see pattern and do math, essentially.

If I was smart, I would be passing my classes at college. If I was smart, I wouldn't have failed when everyone else passed.

I'm just flawed at the core. There's no going around it, I guess. A lot of it is how I was raised, and I come from intellectually advanced parents who both hold PhDs, one in computer science, the other in biology or some shit related to botanical biology (?).
>>
>>36712710
I was on risperdal for a year after leaving the hospital, since then I've refused to take any medication because risperdal felt like it was destroying my creativity. I write short stories, and my imagination just doesn't work with anti psychotics involved. Although I've begun to wonder if the pros outweigh the cons.
>>
Smart at math and stuff, but have horrible memory and I forget names and movie titles fairly easily.

I ended up getting a degree in Honors Computer Science with hardly any difficulty, never even tried desu. I probably have an IQ of around 120-130, but I still wouldn't consider myself "smart" as the average person is pretty dumb. I'm also the first one ever in my family to get a mental illness(Anxiety/Panic Disorder), I blame the marijuana dependence during my teenage years, it gave me depersonalization/derealization one time and I was never the same since.
>>
>>36712658
Same but I had a major depressive episode instead of any sort of outward aggression.
I have friends like me but they live far away.
I'm mostly good now.

No, you most likely are very clever. I can say more anecdotal rubbish to try to convince you, but if I asked you to describe being unintelligent, could you?
Would you recognise such a sensation?

It's a very good hallucination if so.
Dreams and the like, people never have the right number of fingers.
>>
i can learn easily but at irl situations im retarded
>>
>>36712787
I have major depression still, it's diagnosed as major depression with psychotic features. Features being hallucinations. I know they arent real, they're just extremely bothersome.

You can't describe being unintelligent as you say, you have to experience it, like an acid trip.

I used to drop acid after my diagnosis and I feel as if that was a huge mistake. I just wanted to escape my problems and I'm in a downward spiral.

When I did LSD I always wanted to be alone. I hated doing it with other people, is that normal?
>>
>>36712747
>Taking the pharmaceutical jew
Just kidding, but Risperdal definitely fucks with your intelligence. Although I personally believe the pros outweigh the cons, It's better to be a functioning member of society and live a happier life than a smart guy who with serious mental issues.

I took SSRI's for four months for my anxiety but insisted on the lowest dosage, which was around 25mg's. I think SSRI's don't fuck with your intelligence but it is very likely anti-psychotics do because of its cognitive inhibition.
>>
>>36712862
Yeah. I don't believe everybody is a company seeking sycophant at heart, in spite of the overwhelming consensus from society.

I think there are introverts who prefer to indulge alone and for them, it's healthy to do so.

I'd relax if I were you. Just do whatever makes sense.
>>
>>36711844
Calm down Stephen
>>
no one will remember you lived 50 years from now and your lifespan is a blink of an eye and ultimately nothing you ever do or ever can do will make any significant impact on the will of the universe. there is no difference amongst any person like there isn't a difference between two cats. they both meow, lick their asshole, and sleep all the time just the fur is different color.
>>
>>36711755

>too smart

Not really, I just can't make up my mind for very long. The ENTP lifestyle in a nutshell.
>>
>>36712956
I was on 2mg of risperdal before I went to bed every night. I tried overdosing on them once and all I did was fall asleep. Doctors put me on anti depressants and anti psychotics at the same time for a while as well, probably a dangerous combination, it certainly made me actually want to kill people.

Honestly the only thing holding me back from doing anything is my moral conscience. Otherwise I probably would have followed someone home, murdered them, and probably eaten them.

I've always wondered what human flesh tasted like, not that I could ever try really. But I have the urges to try. Not strong urges, but they pop up every now and again.

I feel like it's just a matter of time.
>>
>>36713192
Don't do it brobot, stay off of that mix but keep taking the risperdal. Try Kratom for calming down, it works wonders for me. If not I heard Kava root helps too.

If your thinking homicidal thoughts you definitely need to look into some cognitive behavioral therapy and stay away from violent forms of media or anything that glorifies violence.

Worst comes to worst tell your doctor.
>>
>>36713192
I wouldn't be afraid if I was you.
Right now I could get in my car and drive off a cliff just to piss some people off.

Would I? Probably not. It'd be such a waste of a car, and someone would have to cover my shift at work.

Would you kill someone? Probably not, it wouldn't be very nice for the victim.

Impulses unacted upon amount to nothing and you seem to be in control of yourself.

If you feel as though you couldn't, why is it a matter of time?
>>
File: 1483206783905.jpg (31KB, 519x508px) Image search: [Google]
1483206783905.jpg
31KB, 519x508px
>>36711899
Same. Knowing that you're as dumb as the average joe is demoralizing.
>>
You guys are smart enough to realize that there is so much you still don't know, thus you don't consider yourself smart.
>>
I was always leauges behind my class mates in primary school and couldn't understand anything, had a lot of trouble, bit better in high school but still got average marks, doesn't really bother me I've lived my whole life thinking I'm a dumbass and sometimes I surprise myself, aint that bad.
>>
>>36711755
I'm above the literal average intelligence if it could be measured but I don't consider myself an actually smart person. I definitely think too much however.
>>
>>36711755
Not intelligent but knowledge I would say, if we want to go towards the jaded side of things.

That is to say,
>tfw no gf
>tfw all women all whores
>>
File: 1489411586443.jpg (110KB, 914x892px) Image search: [Google]
1489411586443.jpg
110KB, 914x892px
>>36711755
I like the way an anon in another thread put it (I think yesterday) - thanks bro
>[when in a social situation] a university blackboard pops up with possibilities, upon possibilities, upon possibilities

I'm very indecisive. Often when trying to make a decision, I get stuck in an infinite recursion, traversing a decision-tree; looking for the action that yields the highest probability of reaching 'win' condition.

There are many 'win' conditions in each scenario though, and I also have to evaluate which of those win conditions is more likely to benefit me more.

Holding a conversation is a race against time; how broad can I build that tree, and how many comparisons can I make before I lose the listener's attention?

On another note, I have a rising suspicion that I have the tendency to sound 'overly pseudo-intellectual', but I can't stop.

I'm beginning to suspect that I have autism.
>>
>>36711886
This
>im so stupid guys
>i cant be smart right
> my IQ is 190 btw
>>
>>36712397
>me_irl
>144 tested IQ
>Comp Sci major
>Zone out during class, never study, fail
>feel like everyone is looking at me, don't even go to class sometimes
>academic probation
>>
>>36711755
Everyone around me has complimented my on my brainz. Not a humble-brag but, I don't see it. I mean I got top grades in my class, I know a bunch of shit, I'm musical and all, I even make music for a living now.
But I can't shake the feeling that everyone is lying to me, or worse. This is all a dream. I mean how could I, ME? ME!? Be smart? Or good? Or attractive? or anything but dirt.
>>
not book smart but I'm street smart like a 40 year black pimp, learned a lot being homeless for a good amount of time.
>>
>>36717203
big boy

originality is a craven stance
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.