[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /daddy issues/ here ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2366.jpg (56KB, 438x636px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2366.jpg
56KB, 438x636px
My dad always respond (kind of) negatively when people compliment/praise me. He also always shame me, make me feel ashamed in front of people, makes me look inferior and funny. "Shame" is the primary emotion that defines me right now. I never had a good relationship with my dad, it has always been strained. I feel better when i'm away from my dad.

I'm jealous of guys who are friends with their dads.
>>
>>36708391
It's like he can't stand me being superior to him idk
>>
>>36708391
I used to. I dont know if i can say that i forgive him, but i stoped to hate him.
>>
Alcoholic, wasn't around until I was 9 years old, emotionally and mentally abusive, constant verbal and physical fights with my mom, put me down a lot of times, and treated me more like competition than an actual son.
>>
I'm in the exact same boat OP.

My parents barely talk. They stopped talking when I was 3 or 4 I think, but never got formally divorced. They hate each other, but my mom hates him more. I do too. He had and has a massive superiority complex. She should have left him a long time ago, but instead my mom and me and my sister suffered for 20 years.
>>
>>36708391
I never knew my father. I know he was a 5'9 manlet. I know he was a massive junkie, I know he used to go entirely batshit and beat my mother. I know he went to prison for murder before I was born. Apparently he beat some woman to death over drugs in another state.

I also know the faggot was bald. Guess how I know that.

If you're out there somewhere "Dad", fuck you.
>>
I wouldn't say I have daddy "issues." That implies I'm actively thinking about my father on some level. We've been estranged for the better part of a decade. I've burned that bridge and moved on. But to be fair, I did make a few attempts to reconcile with him. Rather than acknowledge the abuse, he just threatened me with further abuse.

>I'm jealous of guys who are friends with their dads.
I never understood this. Even though my father was involved in my childhood, his involvement was overwhelmingly negative. I can't say I've ever truly known what it's like to have a father figure around, so I can't understand that kind of jealously. How can I desire something I've never had in the first place?
>>
>>36708426
I can't say i'm blaming everything on him, but i just don't really wanna fix it. I just want to be away from him that's all. I don't know how to forgive him, idk what to think in order to forgive him.

Idk how people can still be brave and manly with poor dad-son relationship. I can't make friends with guys, i'm extremely self conscious, i have no one teaching me about bravery and manliness
>>
>>36708391
>Who /daddy issues/ here ?
reporting.

I'm pretty old for /r9k/ standards so it's fair to say it ruined my life. But I'm still hoping that one day I'll be able to learn a decent craft (like attorney or sth lol), make real friends, find a gf, have children...

I've been close to some people who I explained why I'm so gentle and passive, because nonviolence is paramount for me. And humility. But people just see me as a loser.

Also, read Letter to the father by Kafka (nonfiction, real letter he wrote to his stupid dad).
>>
>>36708625
I dont give a shit about manliness,maybe because my dad is a bad stereotype of it.

There was a time when i hate him with All my guts. I even tought about kill him while he was sleeping.
>>
>>36708622
It's like people always look happy and sane and normal when their dadson relationship is good. I grew up being scared of my dad, i still am.
>>
>>36708625
>I can't make friends with guys

Same. I have no male friends.
>>
>>36708622
>How can I desire something I've never had in the first place?
This. (though OP has a point too)

My mother and her family, each time we would try to talk things out, would always say "it's always difficult between a father and his son", to drown the topic, and I believed it.

On some rare occasions I'd hear a sciencefiction phrase from a friend, like a friend refering to a discussion he had with his dad about a girl, looking for advice, and his dad giving his point of view. Pretty weird, to tell you the truth f4m.
>>
>>36708683
>I dont give a shit about manliness,maybe because my dad is a bad stereotype of it.
this, so much.
I'd rather wear a dress and be a DECENT human bean.

rather than
>boohoo look how I'm a psychopath I enjoy your mother's pain ha! I'm so fucking alpha, see? I could crush you in my palm loser.
>>
Also, a while after my prime youth, I realized my father has never had a real friend.
If I was asked "name one of your father's best friends", I just couldn't answer.
He just kept a friend from med school, but they just have dinner with the wives once every other month.
>>
>>36708796
This so fucking much.

I remember one time he treated with beat the shit out of me for saying he was a shit father because the few times he was home he was drunk.
>>
File: Drunk.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Drunk.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
>>36708391
>2:00PM
>father passed out drunk at bar
>me (17) dragging him in the street
>pull him up a flight of stairs
>inside our apartment
>lie him on bed
>"anon... I fucking hate you and your mother"
>"why did my son have to be such a pussy?"
>blood starts boiling
>jump up onto bed and start choking the fuck out of him
>he starts screaming
>"ANON PLEASE STOP I CAN'T BREATHE!"
>falls off bed
>start punching him as hard as possible
>"anon please I- I'm sorry"
>kick him with all my might
>he stays quiet
>Storm out of apartment

Haven't spoken to him in about 2 years now. He tries to come visit but I don't let him in, even sent me a letter once.
>>
>>36709151
Sad. Like you and anon above, I burnt the bridges too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.