[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood memories

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Pepe.jpg (57KB, 604x595px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
57KB, 604x595px
What does /r9k/ miss about childhood?

>biking around town with friends
>going in the woods and having adventures
>throwing rocks at fast moving trains and seeing the rocks fly back
>>
>>36705643
>in b4 a swarm of 20 years that talk about myspace and youtube and iphones

The fact that the internet wasn't around when I was a kid was the best blessing.

It's great as an adult, but I feel really sad for anyone who was raised on the internet, pretty much everyone under the age of 30.
>>
>>36705643
When my family was wealthy and we went to Mc'Do every Friday. I was fat AF but I had so many toys.
>>
>>36705921
>Mc'Do

Did you order a poutine as well?
>>
>>36705754
Im 18 and didnt have the internet until I was 10
your grandad bullshit doesnt apply anywhere
>>
Nothing. I really wish I had something to say but my childhood was rather boring and sexless. Plus no money so I couldn't go to the beach/forest/music show/whatever. I think anyone who misses their childhood either longs to be responsibility-free or peaked way too early in life.
>>
I feel more for my teens years, the later half moreso. Nothing special really happened during them, but my childhood wasn't that great.
>>
>>36706044
>until I was 10

Are you saying that like it's supposed to be impressive?

We didn't have the internet at home until I was 18. Granted the internet was different back than and 4chan wasn't even created yet, but I'm still thankful for that.
>>
playing video games with my parents

skateboarding with friends
>>
File: 20-13.png (29KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
20-13.png
29KB, 640x470px
>>36705754
Question for 20 year olds of /r9k/: do you associate your childhood more closely with stuff of 2000-2006 like PS2, Discman, Malcolm in the middle, Cyberchase, Tamagotchi, original Ben 10, and Kim Possible? Or 2006-2009 stuff like Hannah Montana, PS3, The Dark knight, Justin Bieber, Marvelous misadventures of Flapjack, and Silly bandz?
>>
>>36705921
I didn't even know what McDonald's was until my auntie took me, it's not that my parents were really strict or poor, they just didn't like fast food themselves so never took me.

Thinking how my parents raised me makes me realise how spoilt kids these days are, things like eating out and trips to the cinema were special treats, now it seems like an everyday thing. I was born in the early 80s btw
>>
>catching frogs, fish, and crabs and making little habitats for them to live in for a while before letting them go
>playing and enjoying video games >with other people, offline
>going to friends' houses
>having friends
>siblings and cousins feeling like the closest people in the world
>wanting to do things
>sitting around after school watching cartoons and playing with toys
>actually feeling excited about shit like upcoming video games, learning about them from rumours and magazines instead of just on the internet
>the internet being a mysterious place full of new and interesting things, the greatest dangers being screamer videos and the mysterious PETA-files (which I assumed were some kind of eco-cyberterrorist threat)
>being scared of creepypastas
>believing stupid /x/-tier shit, being more afraid of ghosts than thieves and malware
>not being ashamed of any interest or hobby
>Halloween
>Christmas
>my grandparents
>going to the beach, playing in the water, exploring rockpools and building sandcastle cities
>collecting cool rocks and other shit I found on the ground
>the feeling that every small patch of trees was like a wild jungle, or that every abandoned teenager drinking spot was the site of cultist activity
>investigating made up mysteries and going on grand adventures in suburban parks with friends
>liking myself
>liking being around other people
>playing with girls and not really caring or even noticing that they're different
>feeling optimistic about the future, but also not really caring about the future because the future felt really, really far away
>the sense that the next town over was another country, and travelling across the county was like journeying half way around the world
>everything in the world just seeming more interesting, big and unique, every place you go or thing you do, no matter how mundane, leaving a unique impression on you that stays with you forever

That's enough.
>>
The innocence of it all. It used to be such a rush being left alone. No matter what I did, it felt kind of forbidden if I was home alone while I did it. And I was alone a lot as a kid so I'd sit up all night playing Doom or whatever. I'm just absolutely miserable now. I work at the docks and every day at lunch I seriously consider the benefits of just jumping in the water and letting myself drown.
>>
>>36706304
The former. Also a lot of late 90s stuff that was still popular. On the other hand, when it comes to internet stuff I'm most nostalgic about the later 2000s.
>>
>>36706304
Well if they're literally 20 years old then it should be mostly the former. 10 years old is like pre-teen territory and less about proper childhood. I guess it depends on the kid/adult

>The Dark Knight came out 9 years ago

jesus, make it stop
>>
God if anything my gameboy. It brought me so much comfort, even though I was a lonely shit.

>>36706304
For me it's more of the 2000 - 2006 era. I drained so much time on the PS1 and 2. Im the youngest of 3 sibling ( all mid-late 20s ) so some of my earliest memories include me trying to mimic what was trending for them at the time.
>>
>>36706505
To me 5-10 is childhood, 11-12 is preteen.

10 was the last time I was in elementary school, which is why I tend to see it as more proper childhood than preteen.
>>
>>36705643
>Being able to relax
>friday afternoons at school
>football games
>driving down old roads on the weekend
>sleeping in late
>smell of woodsmoke in the fall
I hate my life
>>
>>36706581
probably because I am probably autistic, but I still look at like 11-12-13-14 of my years as still being childhood.

I was playing pokemon Blue on my big fat grey gameboy and watching Digimon while kids in my grade were out fingering girls an smoking weed or something.
>>
Everything felt more real, like a dream.
>>
>>36706678
I'm the same. Also diagnosed autistic. Watching the kids around you growing up while you just want to keep playing around and appreciating what you've got was the worst feeling.
>>
Me and my friend going deep into the woods behind his house and fondling each other's balls.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.