[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is learning a trade better than going to college ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1491371683699.gif (135KB, 222x533px) Image search: [Google]
1491371683699.gif
135KB, 222x533px
I'm a 19 year old neet trying to figure out what to do
>>
>>36700828
At this point it is, you will find work way more easily than lol liberal art degree fags and whatnot.

I really wish schools didn't push the college angle throughout the 90s/00s trade school is great.
>>
>>36700828
No if you can get in. Everyone says you can't get a job etc (mainly on pol) but a quick google search shows it almost DOUBLES your income (at least in fatland).

Other countries not as much but still very reccomended.

If you can't get in it doesn't matter too much, just make sure you actually learn a trade and don't minwagecuck since it's impossible to escape
>>
Yes. You can get paid to learn and be an apprentice. Its the true redpill. Get paid to go to school, work good paying jobs you get to be proud of and eventually become your own boss if you aquire a truck and tools. And still make 60k + a year
>>
If you work a trade you'll get paid pretty damn well, but the work is hard. College will potentially net you a better job, whether you want less work or more pay, but it's going to cost you $80,000 or more. If you think you can get really good grades, you might consider community college. It's way cheaper.

College is fun and it has payoffs if you're not studying something retarded, but if you want to start being an adult right away, not be in debt, and get paid better than kids with journalism degrees, find a trade you want to do.
>>
I just want a simple job that'll help me move from my parents house
>>
Unless you think you can hack it in STEM, go the trade route. You're so young that you could try 2 or 3 until you find one that fits.
>>
>>36700950

It will do that. Just remember on average you earn MUCH more if you go.
>>
>>36700914
What are good majors ? I can't really decide on one because I don't have interest in anything due to depression
>>
>>36700998

Sciences are all really fun, but you have to be pretty damn smart if you want to excel at any of them. If you're really good with numbers, do math or physics or engineering. If you're better with concepts, do biology. If you're really good with numbers and concepts (analyzing / manipulating vast webs of information), do chemistry. You can get jobs in any of these fields if you go for your masters, and you can probably get a job with a bachelors in chemistry, potentially biology.

Don't do psych unless you're really good with people, you want to be a counselor, and you're prepared to get a masters or higher.

Public health is an underrated major where you're actually making a tangible difference in the world, but you have to be pretty good with people, data, systems, and the mind of the masses.

If you want to get into government / lobbying / law school / communications get a history or an English degree. but you have to be a smooth talker if you want in to any of those fields.

Don't go to med school unless you've wanted to be a doctor your whole life, or you're willing to dedicate LITERALLY YOUR WHOLE LIFE to becoming a doctor.

If you're ok with being a wageslave who hates his job, but works simply to do shit outside of work, do accounting. They will give you plenty of money, but it will suck.
>>
I'd still go to college but I don't want to be in debt and I don't know if I'll get good grades
>>
>>36700998
Oh, and if you're an autist super-genius, or you're just really, really, really good with numbers / memorization, be an actuary. You will be RICH AS FUCK and you won't hate your job (probably).
>>
You likely won't use what you go to college for as a career but once you decide on a career it's usually something you're happy doing and you want to get good enough at throughout your life to be respected in.

Watch Jiro: Dreams of Sushi on netflix to see how this moonman built the best sushi resturant in Japan through dedication and hard work. It's a very nice film.
>>
>>36701167
I did like science and chem as a kid but I just don't think I'm smart enough for it
>>
File: IMG_1368.jpg (239KB, 1121x1438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1368.jpg
239KB, 1121x1438px
>>36701167
>he doesn't like accounting
It's like you don't even do other peoples taxes for fun
>>
>>36701295
If you have a good work ethic you can probably do chem. You need to be good with algebra, abstract concepts, and memorization if you really want to succeed, but if you do all the readings, do all the homework, ask for extra help when you need it, you can succeed.

Here's the only trick about college: you have to treat it like it's your full-time job. For your hard classes (like chemistry), you should be spending two hours outside of class for every hour in class. Sometimes that means you will spend nice Saturdays indoors, or you can't go out on certain nights because you have to study -- it is totally possible to succeed if you don't give into vapid temptations.

And most important if you do a science: DON'T FALL BEHIND. Unless you fully catch up 1-2 days afterward, you will trap yourself in a very bad cycle of not doing your work. Discipline and consistency are very important if you want to succeed at school.
>>
>>36701295
But all I'm saying: don't sell yourself short. If you think you would be really into chemistry, it's totally manageable to stay on top of things and get good grades if you don't fuck around too much. And even then, you will probably have some time left over to fuck around.
>>
>>36701457
You have to read the chapter and do the lecture work before the actual lecture and then use that as review.

That's coming from a p.hd from harvard
>>
>>36701490
This guy is totally right desu senpai
>>
>>36700828
I don't know, but I respect the proper use of that Pepe.
>>
Thanks I think I'll try going to college hopefully it works out
>>
>>36701671
Everything always works out in the end. Your teachers are great sources of information.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.