[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY IS TIME ACCELERATING?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: time_racing.jpg (53KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
time_racing.jpg
53KB, 550x366px
WHERE HAVE ALL THE FUCKING YEARS GONE?

Why is each day passing faster? Why is it monday again?
How can I slow this shit down? Please, I need help.

Didn't Wrath of the Lich King hit recently? How can it be a DECADE?

I'm stuck in a time limbo! It's May again and New Year's Eve feels like it was 2 weeks ago.

I have trouble sorting events and when they took place. Something from 2012 feels fresh, like it could have been yesterday. Closer than something that happened a month ago.

When I look at the clock, 2 hours have passed. It felt like 10 minutes.

I'm having a nervous breakdown here. What the fuck is happening

My girlfriend of 6 years left me last week and all my future plans have evaporated. All the investment, the time, the money, the effort.

So much has happened, but it feels like I'm still the same 16 year old.

I get scared when I look at the mirror sometimes. An adult is looking back.
>>
Best thing is to buy a lot of firearms and go down in glory.
Write manifesto
Upload youtube videos explaining your rage

You will become popular and everyone will praise you like Eliot Rodger
>>
do more stuff
>>
File: 412412.jpg (69KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
412412.jpg
69KB, 535x577px
I talked to my 85 year old grandfather yesterday.

He said he knows my pain and told me that it will get WORSE.

There must be a fucking way to stop this. I don't want to end up like this chinese cartoon comic where the guy keeps telling himself "my real life hasn't started yet" and suddenly he's old

It's not time to be in my thirties yet. Why is this happening
>>
File: 1493048719581.jpg (62KB, 1333x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493048719581.jpg
62KB, 1333x900px
>>36697519
>My girlfriend of 6 years
>>
1 year at 10 years old is 10% of your life
1 year at 40 years old is 2.5% of your life
each year is less important and your body is more broken down
imagine being immortal and eons passing is the same as seconds to us
>>
i feel
i can't fucking deal with more of this aging shit
i'm fucking balding in my early 20s
holy shit i look disgusting as fucking hell i'm supposed to be a teenager
>>
File: 6544476789.jpg (10KB, 236x185px) Image search: [Google]
6544476789.jpg
10KB, 236x185px
getting older fucking sucks and is nothing like you expect it to be. you expect there to be some kind of magical barrier you cross, a switch that gets flipped where you're like "yep, i'm an adult now" and you get all your shit together. but that never happens. one moment you're 16, then you spend some time idly fucking about as you always do and then oh look, time has progressed and you're now 21. a short, short 4 years later, you're a "real" adult at 25 and people's expectations are leagues above what they were a mere 5-9 years ago.

don't get old, kids
>>
File: IMG_1012.png (39KB, 393x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1012.png
39KB, 393x275px
We're all gonna die and probally reincarnate as somthing cool. Just enjoy life as much as you can, nothing really matters
>>
>>36697886
>probally reincarnate as somthing cool
we reincarnate as ourselves, living this life over and over and over again.
>>
>Gurren Laggan ended 10 years ago
just
>>
>>36697519
>Didn't Wrath of the Lich King hit recently? How can it be a DECADE?
That's not necessarily a bad thing mate. Listening to "stick around... BONESTORM!" every wednesday for an entire fucking year was not a good experience.
>>
>He said he knows my pain and told me that it will get WORSE.
He is right. Also time is as it always was, you are just going a tiny bit slower day by day.
More clutter on the mental harddrive, more detritus in your body. Enjoy bodily and mental entropy.
>I have trouble sorting events and when they took place.
I have that only with events that have no emotional impact on me, the more "close to home" something hits the more I'll have it stuck in my mind.
Guess only the deeper scars in your memories stay noticeable after a while, the daily hoh-hum just passes unnoticed.

t. over 40
>>
>>36697519
because when you're 4, a year is an entire quarter of your life, but when you're 40 it's only a small fraction
>>
Time is actually accelerating in this universe. All physical measurements remain the same because everything is being affected equally, but your immaterial soul can tell the difference. One hundred years ago each year felt thousands of times longer, this is why the art and culture of the past is superior. The human soul had more time to develop and grow, whereas the adults of today are all spiritual infants.
>>
I welcome it. It is only painful if you feel like you are running out of time to do something worthwhile with your life. If you accept that you will never have a decent carreer, love, family, friends then it doesn't really matter.
I want to skip until the end of my life just to see what the world looks like.
>>
>>36698103
This sounds interesting. Do you have this from somewhere or are these your own thoughts?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>36697519
>Wrath of the Lich King
>>
>>36698116
>I want to skip until the end of my life just to see what the world looks like.
I like how you think and would get you a drink of your choice if I could.
That is probably the cause of my biggest fear of death. I just want to see what comes after too, and will not be able to.
>>
could be a time glitch, you should ask /x/
>>
File: 4564536346.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4564536346.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>36697676

anon you should seriously consider this post >>36697567, you could make great change to the world if you target the right people, or enough of them

we're all rooting for you anon san, do your best and become an exon upon the stream of history to inspire all future anons to gamble on their hopes and achieve their dreams
>>
>>36697519
smoke weed. time retards and quickens instantaneously.
>>
>>36697519
>girlfriend

Fuck off normalfag. Go cry somewhere else about how you don't have enough time to fuck every girl on earth. I'm stuck in a fucking groundhog day where absolutely nothing has changed over the past ten years.
>>
I feel the same Anon Now it's May 1 2017
And I still remember The Christmas of 2013
>>
>tfw you grow old thinking about the past that went by and you get filled with regret not for the life you lived but the ones you didn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHGd624HzDc
>>
>>36698800
hah, i was listening to rachmaninoff sonatas myself while reading the thread.

on the subject, i think it's because as a child, you experience a lot more new things than you do now.

If you really want time to slow down, you should try to leave your routine and try some new things, or see some new places although it sounds uncomfortable.
>>
>>36698600
i haven't progressed socially since 2013.
>>
>>36697519
because you spend 10 hours a day on 4chan and sleep for 12 hours a day
>>
>>36697724
>1 year at 10 years old is 10% of your life1 year at 40 years old is 2.5% of your life
shouldn't that mean the former would pass by much longer then??
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.