[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is a large body of research linking abnormally high IQ

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: 1479935093015.jpg (8KB, 215x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479935093015.jpg
8KB, 215x250px
There is a large body of research linking abnormally high IQ and depression/social reclusion. My guess is that this is the result of a struggle to relate to most people. Being smart is lonely.

So, robots, how many of you have abnormally high IQ? Do you find that it contributes to your depression, social anxiety, and/or other NEET qualities?

Post you IQ and tell me about your experiences.
>>
>>36694547
Post your* IQ
>>
>be me
>have iq of 130
>go to high school in math class
>teacher asks if anyone can solve this equation
>spend 2 mins and give answer
>says its right
>everyone else looking at me
>collapse under social pressure
>never speak my mind again
every time
>>
Give me a test and i'll tell you

It's probably just average, I have plenty of reasons to be depressed without being a genius
>>
>>36694547
As a kid i was recorded with +130 IQ, but after years of loneliness, depression, drugs and vidya, i doubt i barely have 90 IQ.
>>
My psychologist tested me at 136 IQ. I am incredibly lonely, not socially awkward, just too shy to actually go out and meet people or make friends. I have a few close friends though. I remember nearly everything I learn, so test taking has always been easy for me. I scored an 85 on the AFQT without studying, and scored perfectly on the science portion. I qualify to be a nuclear technician in the Navy, so that's what I might go for.
>>
>>36694585
> Give me a test and i'll tell you
^
>>
>>36694585
I would love to give you one, but most legitimate IQ tests cost at the very least a couple hundred bucks and usually have to be administered by a clinical psychologist or educational professional.
>>
>>36694615
dont lose hope, you can still pop out some high IQ white children
>>
>>36694578
this happened to me in middle school except i excel in English.
all my classmates, ESPECIALLY the girls, started to resent me because they thought i was showing them up by always being the first one done with a test, always getting 100% on it and being asked to read out loud to the class a lot.

i used to beg my teacher to not make me read out loud but she would force me to anyway.

those really quiet, book smart, straight A white girls were getting mad because they weren't dominating everything academically as well as getting shown up in sports.
>>
>>36694615
Also, for the story :
> High IQ
> Science and Math are so easy as a kid
> Never had to work until highschool
> Get bad grades at HS
> Drop out cuz it s too complicated to work 3 hours per week at home like every other kid
> NEET since 15.....
>>
File: 1493649126801.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493649126801.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>tfw stupid and social recluse
>>
>>36694689
School was easy for me too, I never had to study
Everyone told me I'd be some major politician
Now add a lack of a father. Mother was around only to put pressure on me constantly.
Moved out when I was 12. Was raised by the internet.

Grew up to be a lazy, depressed shit
>>
>>36694547
OP Here. Figured I should share my own story.

I took the Stanford Binet when I was a kid. The psychologist graded my IQ at 156. I was required by my district to attend a "school for the Highly Gifted," which may have been the only happy time in my life that I can remember.

After my father was diagnosed with kidney cancer we could not afford to continue attending that school in my district, so we moved and I had to attend a standard school.

I had to take the same level of mathematics three years in a row at that school, because the teachers were not qualified to teach anything more advanced. I slept through almost all of my classes because I would complete all of the coursework within the first five minutes of class. All of the other students hated me for being a fat nerd. My teachers hated me for "not showing effort." I had no friends, everything was miserable, my brother was the only other person in my life with whom I could carry a conversation, and he was also severely depressed. In college I mostly took graduate level courses and taught a few classes. I was seriously resented by my peers for this. More loneliness. Now I'm in grad school and I'm realizing that the professor overseeing my thesis is an idiot.

I have been taking antidepressants for years now and have severe social anxiety disorder. My only friends are people I talk to online who live in similar situations.

I wish I weren't this way.
>>
>>36694547
IQ is a big meme EQ is more important for the workplace
>>
>>36694761
My EQ is like -100
>>
>>36694761
Having a high IQ is much more interesting
>>
I used to be smart but I swear I'm getting stupider and stupider every day
>>
I can't even tell a fucking joke because nobody around me can follow.
>>
>>36694802
Yeah listening to some autist share his useless wealth of information about some excessively esoteric subject like the dietary habits of Cretaceous period dinosaurs is a lot more interesting than listening to some guy vividly detail his adventures in Nepal.
>>
>>36694733

I feel your pain Anon. This has been my life almost exactly.
>>
>>36694847
Actually yes, but only if you are also the type of person to be more interested in that kind of information.

See the problem here?
>>
>>36694847
I fucking love those primitive birds though anon. Not everyone is a faggot like you.
>>
>>36694847
that's knowledge, not intelligence
>>
>>36694869
Yeah this is the problem i have an IQ of 144 and the only person in real life i can talk to about anything serious is my dad. 40 IQ points is so big it's similar to someone with an IQ of 100 having a conversation with someone who has an IQ of 60.
>>
I took an EQ test and I got 45, what does this mean robots?
>>
>>36694958
That you'll be fucked in your professional career unless you learn to fake being a Chad. There's been countless studies and it's generally agreed upon that hiring managers/directors/CEOs etc value EQ at about twice the level they value IQ
>>
Professionally tested IQ at 150 and EQ less than 10.

I'm a complete recluse.
>>
>>36694958
Give me the test anon

I wanna see how low will i go

Although I probably wouldnt know how to answer since I don't talk to anyone and therefore barely know my social side
>>
>>36694970
My was IQ is 121 when I got it tested around 2 years ago. Does that mean I should have an EQ of 242?
>>
>>36695032
No, IQ and EQ aren't correlated in that sense. What it means is that hiring managers would consider an EQ of 60.5 to be as equally desireable as an IQ of 121. I'm sure you can see why it is much more valuable to have a higher EQ than IQ when speaking about future career potential.
>>
>>36694615
It doesn't go down that much
More likely around 115-120 which is still vury smurt
>>
>>36695012
https://www.arealme.com/eq/en/
http://www.ihhp.com/free-eq-quiz/
https://globalleadershipfoundation.com/geit/eitest.html
These are the ones I used, I took a bunch (around 20) and used the mean score of all of them as my 'EQ' I've gotten as low as 8 and as high as 93, they all seem to be very inaccurate
>>
>clinically depressed since I was 12
>complete recluse, hate most people

>unimpressive IQ of117.
Who /depressedbutstilldumb/ here
>>
>>36695057
I'm getting a PolySci degree now and I want to get my law degree when I'm done. I have 0 people skills and I stutter when I talk but I have no friends and I would stay at the office all night if I could. Would I be hireable?
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 220x229px
>tfw EQ of 140
>tfw multiple job offers I had to turn down
>tfw the job offer I accepted is paying way higher than industry standard and I'm technically unqualified as fuck for it but the hiring manager told me he liked my personality after talking with me on the phone
Having high EQ is like playing with cheats on. Its also helped me score several fuck buddies and qt gfs. Enjoy your useless IQ points you turbo autists, maybe if you study for 12 additional years and get your phD you'll be able to get a well tenure track job that pays as much as my starting career. Of course that will only happen after being someone's research bitch for half a decade.
>>
>>36695144
117 is by no means dumb, it's 17 points higher than the average person, (as I'm sure you know.) It may be a little unimpressive at the very most.
>>
>>36695159
>Pokemon
Fucking weaboo
>>
>>36695151
You'll be hireable by the virtue of having some form of certification but you really should work on developing people skills. I went to a top 12 business school, almost all of my lecturers were former CEOs and CFOs of mega corporations and they all stressed how much more important for your career it is to have people skills over technical skills. The way they explained it is that college/grad school essentially serve as the primary screening for candidates, only those who graduate will even stand a chance of success in the professional environment. Actual experience is learned on the job so IQ is negligible. Fitting with a corporate culture however is always ranked as one of the most important attributes for a candidate, resultsntly EQ is valued much more highly. Go ahead and pursue your law degree but make an effort to meet people, learn how people work. It will be much more beneficial to your long term career than any IQ test result will be.
>>
File: YoPO-6yZ_400x400.jpg (15KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
YoPO-6yZ_400x400.jpg
15KB, 280x280px
>>36695216
You see you little EQlet, it's autistic outbursts like this that will forever prevent you from achieving your true potential in life.
>>
>>36694547
everyone under 120 IQ should be sterilised. would solve a lot of problems, around 120 seems to be point which people can understand and create logical arguments
>>
>>36694547
I always said that people from warm sunny areas were smarter because they don't care about books and shit

I think you're meant to live in a warm climate and never sit alone by yourself
>>
>>36695224
>develop people skills or be a NEET
God damn, I hate life desu. I want a Law degree and a good job, is that so much to ask? I can deal with being lonely and working 60 hour weeks if it means I can avoid human contact for the rest of my adult life.
>>
>>36695258
You sound like my dad.
>Don't be an Autist
>You'll never fulfill your full potential
>I'm not mad just disappointed
>>
>>36695323
Go visit Arizona then tell me people from warn sunny areas are smart
>>
>>36695068
I still can t resolve an equation anymore whereas before i loved math. Highschool made me hate everything.
>>
140 IQ, 45 EQ.

Is this good or?
>>
File: 1493306468204.jpg (7KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
1493306468204.jpg
7KB, 236x214px
>tfw you're to inconsistent to calculate your IQ
>tfw they estimate it being above 150
>tfw you're too smart to have friends

I've been home schooled because of stupid roasties bullying me. So I've never had a friend.
>>
>>36694547
psychologist told me it was between 121 and 134 back when I was 14
>>
>>36695644
I forgot to mention I'm extremely depressed. And have been institutionalized.
>>
>>36695634
Nothing, IQ is a meme
>>
>>36694669
Oh God, I know these feels. I always found English ridiculouly easy to study, and I'd get the top grade in our in-class tests everytime with zero effort while being visually bored. The girls couldn't stand it.
>>
>>36694547
IQ of 132 here, I have slowly become more and more reclusive, my family is worried about me along with old friends I used to talk to, solipsism slowly becomes my philosophy of life, and has driven me to isolation. I don't even know if what I'm doing right now is real or not. I question too much, and its beginning to cripple me. "You should just try not to think of it, or think positively". If it we're that easy I would've chosen to be brain dead retarded already and live in bliss ignorance. I was born to do something clearly, my life had been given a reason its just I don't quite know how to get there. Well I guess it is that I know how to get there, just I don't take initiative doing so out of fear.
>>
>>36695159

Fake and ghey. Nobody hires people based on eq alone.

No work would get done.
>>
>>36694615
I feel like that sometimes too. I bet if we tried really hard studying math and science for a few months it would come back.

I do have this fear that because I stopped going to school at 13 or 14, got my GED at 18, and haven't done school sense, my potential "brainpower" is lower. I also was on a few anti depressants which probably fucked up my brain somehow as well.
>>
>>36695725
depends on your job senpai
>>
File: 1481487999860.png (205KB, 3340x3176px) Image search: [Google]
1481487999860.png
205KB, 3340x3176px
>>36694547
>tfw to smart too reveal my IQ to strangers
>>
>people saying iq is a meme

Are the laziest assholes that get carried by IQ uber humans.
>>
>>36695751
you need IQ aswell as a drive
>>
>>36695258
>you little EQlet
Do you even know where you are, m80?
>>
I don't know what my IQ is, but I'm pretty sure it's been going down for the past 2 years.
>>
>>36694547
>be me
>IQ in the 170 range
>dropout of high school due poor grades
>inb4 hurr durr ur dumb
>what is not engaged?
>still smarter than nearly every graduate i know
as for social situations, it's relatively easy to fake like you're charismatic when you actually want to die.
>>
>>36695571
I don't mean book smart I mean live life and be happy smart

Also much much healthier from the sun and fresh air and everything is more modern so you don't have welfare houses breeding mold and aspestus
>>
>>36695748
I shared my story. Clearly someone didn't feel like reading today.
>>
File: WataNormies.png (375KB, 902x490px) Image search: [Google]
WataNormies.png
375KB, 902x490px
>>36694627
135/air Force, if you want to put your mind to good use go to callege, if you want a comfy job join military
>>
>>36695748
>implying you have an IQ to share
>>
>>36694547
While it is true that high IQ people are prone to depression, the reciprocal isn't true. People with social problems and depressions are for the most part, average or have a lower IQ.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.