[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do most people eventually recover from depression, or does it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (34KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34KB, 852x480px
Do most people eventually recover from depression, or does it continue to affect them for the rest of their lives?
>>
Nope, it's a chronic illness. You're fucked for life. I recommend ketamin
>>
it never never ever goes away
>>
Depressed since I was like 14.
35 now.
Still depressed.
Never goes away.

Never taken meds though.
Playing the game on nightmare mode.
>>
>>36692107
Protip: everyone is depressed. It's the natural state of the human psyche. Most people just cover it up and put on a character when they're around others.
>>
>>36692172
That's not true at all. Depression =! being sad
>>
>>36692188
Who the fuck thinks everyone is sad all the time? I know what words mean and I stand by my statement. You misunderstand Chads/Stacys as much as they misunderstand you. They do the shit they do because there's an unrelenting torment of pain waiting for them when they stop.
>>
you don't really recover from it. Once you've fallen of your horse, you can't get up.
>>
I think it depends how prone to it you are. I've always been a depressive fuck even as a little kid. Not really surprising. Both of my parents suffered from depression, and both of them committed suicide. Although to be fair my father had other health problems which probably contributed more to his decision than the depression did.
>>
>>36692107
I have fleeting moments where I don't feel it for a while, but it's gotten so deep to the point of not caring about any one or any thing or being bothered by things at all, that I think I would miss it if it weren't here. It's a fucked up sort of freedom to not care about things at all, but normies would lose their fucking minds if they ever felt like this for even a day.
>>
>>36692107
A couple of years back, there was a post on an unrelated forum by a middle aged woman, talking about her now ex husband. This guy had been top tier in all respects, but one day, out of nowhere, his mood just went over the edge of a cliff, and never recovered. The woman stuck by him for some time but, if anything, he got worse, and they ended up divorcing.
>>
>>36692107
I think many people are depressed about problems that can be remedied. Meaning that they never suffered from clinical depression to begin with. Others get successfully treated with medication and the rest end themselves.
>>
>>36692599
>they ended up divorcing
>women abandoning relation(SHIP) as soon as problems appear
so typical.
>>
>>36692107
I recently finished reading a book about depression in which the author talks about a lot of people who have been through hell and still came back to life. I don't he was lying. The guy was talking about how when he was so depressed he was shitting his pants, couldn't get out of bed, having unprotected sex with stranger trying to get AIDS and die etc. etc.
>>
>>36692702
Read my last sentence again. There was a fair bit to the post she made, and she really gave it everything.
>>
>>36692914
>she really gave it everything
Like what? I've never seen that post, so i'm assuming the worst (like you always do when it comes to women).
>>
>>36692599
>one day
I think he was suppressing his thoughts and feelings for a long time. And he exploded that day.
>>
>>36692172
I've always thought this too. I suppose it's why you hear "normies" going their whole lives being "happy" and then suddenly breaking. People blame mid-life crises, menopause, whatever, but I really just think it all catches up to them in the end. That their life was, and is, a lie, a game, and basking in shallow satisfaction doesn't make them happy. It's why you never see happy old people, they've just lived so long they've all hit this point of no return and jaded-ness. Those with the distinction and privilege to call themselves robots, are just those that have reached that point a fair bit earlier than most.

It's just the way humans are built, restlessness, unhappiness, and discontent are beneficial in a world where no forward progress means death. So we are cursed to be gnawed upon by the feeling that there is something greater out there for us, a mirage to drive us forward further into the desert.
>>
I get the feeling that unless you overcome depression in it's early stages then you're stuck with it for life. Think of a whirlpool and a ship gets sucked into it. If it doesn't manage to break free from it's grasp then it's get pulled down with no way out.
>>
>>36693763
Got to agree here. Depression is a difference between acception your hideous reality or trying to run away from it. Like Buddha said, humanity is united in suffering. They take it one step further by realizing that the only true goal to reach is an end to suffering, in their case permanent death without reincarnation. Now I don't believe in reincarnation, but I do believe that everyone is suffering and that death is the only thing that can end it.
>>
>>36692172
But some people feel it more than others, in bigger waves
..and thats the kicker
>>
I've never once heard of someone recovering from depression

It's a permanent illness
>>
Dude I am depressed lmao
Everyone else must be like me XDXD
>>
>>36692107
the majority of people recover (per several people i have worked with/professionals i know).
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.