[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Illness General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: chart.png (48KB, 752x1044px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
48KB, 752x1044px
Mental Illness Thread, post whatever you want.

How are you holding up?

>diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia a year ago.
>no one in my family fucking understands how it works, either blame me or themselves for things.
>moved to another state (didn't have a real choice), no doctor, no insurance, can't afford meds.
>starting to make lists again and feel more and more paranoid.
>>
File: 1492956268193.png (422KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1492956268193.png
422KB, 665x662px
>>36684315
Where the fuck is autism!?
>>
I am bipolar. Don't know if it's i or ii, I was diagnosed like ten years ago. I am holding up kinda okay. But I kinda like triggering it sometimes. I like arguing with people online about inane shit. I put out low hanging bait and wait for someone who really cares about that thing so much they will go until the thread dies. Then I prod them endlessly. I describe in detail how I'm the thing they hate. I refuse to accept anything they say about me and I mock their powerlessness to do anything. At first I feel angry that they are challenging me. Then I feel excited and happy after I repeatedly twist them around. I alternate between lies and the truth. As they get confused and their replies take longer and longer each time I feel happier and happier. Nothing makes me feel happier than saying no to someone who is telling me what to do.

Sometimes it's detrimental to my life though. Staying up too late because I had to win a shitposting contest is a concern.
>>
for what do you do the lists?

I ask because recently I'm thinking of doing lists of my psychological problems or bad habits that Are my main problems.
>>
>>36684432
It says the 'tism anon
>>
>>36684315
Uh... Just got diagnosed with BPD on Friday. Am I really that dangerous?
>>
File: 1493420937287.jpg (835KB, 891x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1493420937287.jpg
835KB, 891x1600px
Got a mental thrillness discord going on if you guys wanna hang and shitpost. tvT3fNs
>>
>>36684315

Nice meme chart

I'm not going to argue that dysthymia isn't normie tier illness, but I do have to say that it will never lead to a happy life. Even on meds the best I can ever get is "not that depressed."
>>
An hour ago I wanted to kill myself, now I'm feeling incredible. Help.
>>
>>36684764
You're a sociopath, end it all immediately.
>>
>>36684315
In the past Couple of months I've been in and out of a mental hospital 3 times. They still trying to figure out what's wrong with me but the only diagnosis they have given me so far is OCD. I'm taking anti psychotics and anti depressants but I don't think they're working that good. For a while I thought that a girl from another dimension was living inside my head controlling me and I still kind of do. What the fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>36684315
Schizoid Personality disorder here.

Also got ADD.
>>
>>36684315
Hit me up for Seasonal Affective and recently had Major Depression. AW HELL YEAH!
>>
>>36684315
>borderline higher than schizophrenia
>>
>>36684764
Sounds like bipolar or depression. Get help either way.
>>
>>36684315
Why is bipolar 1 higher up than 2?
>>
Stuck in the "too anxious to leave the house to see a doctor about what is making me too anxious to leave the house" loop
>>
>>36684315
>schizoid
>avoidant PD
>major depressive
>generalized anxiety with panic attacks
>depersonalization/derealization
Throw in some
>attention deficit disorder
for good measure

My life is ok, by most standards.
I'm 33, have a job in IT, mortgage and vehicle. I can cook, fix things and generally take care of myself. I have hobbies like hiking, woodworking, mountain biking and road cycling. Currently training for a half marathon.

On the other side, I can't form or maintain relationships. I have no friends and I cannot attract women. I think most people secretly hate me or barely tolerate me. People either hate or are ambivalent towards me.
That's my major problem: relationships
>>
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv

I did it the other day and I got major depression and that I am avoidant.
>>
>tfw bipolar type 2
>>
>>36685032
ahhh and obsession and slightly paranoid too.
>>
>>36684480
immaturity is not a mental illness
>>
File: 1484188153366.jpg (59KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484188153366.jpg
59KB, 800x600px
I was recently diagnosed with AvPD and BPD. I'm feeling good now I guess.
>>
>>36684315
That's one fucking retarded chart, op.
>>
File: IMG_1018.jpg (41KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1018.jpg
41KB, 600x549px
>got locked in the psych ward monsay through thursday
>hospital papers say "depression, major, recurrent with psychosis"
>99% sure im borderline as well, fuck it everything fits i know i am
>i just want to fucking die, maybe
>also pending felony drug possession charges
Kill me
>>
>>36685249
I would kill you if that helps you anon.

Tell me where you live.
>>
>>36685331
Indianapolis.
Youre welcome to try, ive got knives
Didnt say itd be without a fight tho
>>
>>36685249
How did you end up in the ward? Attempt to an hero?
>>
Was recently diagnosed as major depressive with anxiety disorder, prescribed olanzapine and fluoxetine.
Would thinking people can read your mind be classed as psychosis? In the past i had these thoughts but i feel like I'm level-headed enough that i couldn't believe in such things anymore so i didn't mention it when the Dr was interviewing me.
>>
>>36684536
Not really. Depends on whether or not you embrace your violent side or not.
Dahmer was a plain psychopath, real borderlines just beat their wives on occasion.
Youre more likely to harm yourself than others but fighting isnt uncommon.
>>
how hard is it to find a doctor to diagnose you and obviously im not gonna talk about wanting to be dead since im too pussy to kms but ifbthey ask if youve had suicidal thoughts is it best to say so but not in depth or just say "occasionally"

i never talk about it irl but i think i have bpd

the times i tried telling my parebts i felt bervous alot in 10th grade they were just like "when we were kids that was called being shy"
>>
Do they give meds for BPD or hust therapy especially if you never cut yourself or act hostile towards others

i sometimes get really mad and just start bawling and feel like a pussy all the time
>>
>>36684315
I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder when I was younger. My apparent schizophrenic symptoms have become relatively muted, but my synptoms of depression have not. Does anyone have any input on this? What might cause an episode/re-activation of the schizophrenic symptoms?

Also, is SAD actually considered severe? I felt it was, though when reading about it online, it was noted to be a mix between mild schizophrenia and depression.
>>
>>36685469
Technically id go with yes but if its just a fleeting thought on occasion or you really dont believe that anymore im sure the doc wouldnt take it as anything more than a sign of mild paranoia.
>>36685441
I was a dumbass and not thinking properly and went to the first building that was related to psychiatry by the hospital i knew i had insurance at. Turns out to be the crisis ward. Admitted id been feeling suicidal for years. Immediate 3 day hold.
They put me on busipirone and bupropion. Feel better as a baseline but my underlying behavior and thought processes are the same.
>>
>>36684315
I'm about 90% positive at this point that I have something wrong with my brain (probably anxiety) but I've only ever expressed this to one really close Internet friend. A lot of people around me already think I'm a joke, and I'm afraid having to admit I have "issues" would just be more to laugh at for them. I also don't want to be associated with the tumblr crowd or attention whores on facebook who all have self diagnosed mental disorders.
>>
File: 1489882998250.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1489882998250.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
Can a person with BPD make it in the military
>>
>>36685777
Take this for what it's worth, but I've found that telling people will make some of them treat you differently, and not in a good way. They'll either pity you, fear you or realize they can walk all over you because you have a weakness or otherwise have feelings of contempt. In general they won't understand.

Tell someone but be very selective with who you tell.
>>
>>36685909
Which one, bipolar or borderline
Both present problems, untreated bipolar you have no chance
Borderline you might depending on how well you function, but if youre already in treatment/on drugs the military wont have anything to do with you
>>
>>36684315
>major depressive disorder
>depersonalization/derealization
Life sucks but I don't care anymore. Nothing feels real and I'm too numb to give a shit; I just sort of float through the day without really engaging in this world
>>
>>36685984
I meant borderline. I'm not on treatment or drugs. But I've read about borderline and all of it sounds exactly like me; it's so close it's almost scary

But I'm already signed up and I'm shipping off to basic soon. I'm just wondering if this was a mistake. I don't know if I can handle it. But I have nowhere else to go at this point. I've failed everything else.
>>
>>36685909

just pretend to be a retard and you'll be alright
>>
>>36685963
That's about what I figured and also why I've been keeping it to myself. The rub though becomes that I think I may need help to keep me from isolating myself, but if I'm open about the issue everyone else isolates me.
>>
>>36686090
Forgot to add eating disorders. I was anorexic for years and now I have BED. Food is the only thing that "connects" me to the world; it is the only thing that still feels real. Being depressed also makes me crave comfort food so i eat alot of crap. I never get full for some reason so I can pack away a ton of stuff; I don't know how to stop. This one is the worst for me because of how physically noticeable it is. I am used to depression and dp/dr but I hate seeing the fat accumulate on my bodyb
>>
>>36684937
Bipolar I has severe full fledged mania; bipolar II only has hypomania, a milder form of the mania seen in Bipolar I
>>
>>36685032
>no official diagnosis
Go get evaluated before you start thinking that you have something wrong with you
>>
>>36686232
Real mental illness is a terrible thing. People either think you're faking it for attention, or they don't understand it so they're fearful. A very small percentage will try to understand. But unless you've lived through it, you'll never understand.

I've been told by my own father that I use it as an excuse. That hurt.
>>
Bump

>select all sqyares that are street signs
>>
>>36686126
If you can handle yourself you might survive.
Thats the best i can say.
Im borderline and starting treatment and i cant even say if ill live or not.
Good luck. I kinda wanted to join the military too.
>>
File: 1493120246479.jpg (10KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493120246479.jpg
10KB, 208x250px
>tfw I'm a psychopath that abuses my girlfriend
>tfw I know she'll never leave me on her own
>tfw the only reason I haven't flipped my shit is, because of my principles
Feels pretty good man.
>>
>>36684315
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, that chart.

>Major depression
>Avoidant PD
>SAD
>Unironically SAD
>More severe than autism.

This chart is just OP trying to declare his special snowflake problems worse than serious ones.

>'''''depersonalization''''

I'd even put BPD higher than most of your choices OP because it's severe enough in societal impact that you had to attack it even in your OP. I've seen that tear down multiple families.
>>
I'm a male with borderline personality disorder, but I get autism bucks for it and don't have to do shit, so it has its upsides I guess?
>>
I go to a therapist and I haven't been diagnosed with any of those, although I'm quite sure that I have some traces of schizoid, narcissistic and avoidant PD. Some antisocial PD might be included aswell, but I'm not so sure about that one.
>>
>>36684315
tfw schizophrenic
I don't like medication, it clouds my brain and kills my sex drive.
I usually fap once a day but the two years I was medicated I only fapped once.
>>
Mental illness is a joke. People whose persona revolves around the fact that they have been diagnosed with any form of ailment are fraudulent.

Truthfully, most of the "illnesses" in that infograph are relatively minor. They shouldn't have a significant impact on anyones' life. You can still rationalize actions and complete tasks necessary to move forward in society. I'm sure Dhamer knew everything he did was wrong. He allowed himself to do what he did - he could have chosen not to kill those women. He's no different than a Mexican robbing a liquor store.

Depression, Social Anxiety, Bipolar disorder(s). These probably encompass most robots. So they'll defend mental illness. Though, they know that on a personal level, they are in every aspect - in control. They just let those ailments define them. Probably to the point that whenever they are criticized, they think;

"Silly normie, you don't understand. You don't deal with social anxiety." Or something similar.

I know this only because I too was "diagnosed" with social anxiety, and clincal depression - at the tender age of 15. Five years spent taking Celexa, Lexapro, Prozac, and Xanax - all at the maximum dosages. None of which actually helped.

Why? Because even psychiatrists understand how fraudulent mental illness is. It serves only as an excuse. Maybe as an identity. This is why Stacy who suffers from home-sickness her first year of University gets diagnosed and treated with the same medicine as you.

Everyone can change. You are no different than Chad. Maybe uglier.

inb4 Autism.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.