[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tupac

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0659.jpg (37KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0659.jpg
37KB, 304x304px
What are your thoughts about Tupac?
>>
>>36679255
Overrated, mostly loved by suburban white boys when they're not listening to Eminem.
>>
A very good rapper but somewhat overrated. Only knew how to rhyme Hennessy and enemies. But I greatly enjoy a lot of his songs.
>>
>>36679255
ambitionz az a ridah is severely underrated
>>
Overly emotional in most of his music
>>
He was gay and privileged and all that ghetto crap is fake and he brought many young people into turmoil all for some money.
>>
>>36679255
He was a good rapper... and actually pretty based. When he started calling out the black community for their part and responsibility for their own problems is when he got killed.
>>
>>36679353
How was he privileged? Fake, maybe. Privileged? Not at all.
>>
I started listening to him when I was a young kid. Back then it was my dads CD's so I grabbed one and put it into my Xbox and started listening to the music. It was different from any rap I ever heard to be honest. You could feel his message and the pain. When my mom passed away I remember listening to the song "dead mama" and I broke down in tears, every word I can relate. Long live Tupac.
>>
>>36679315
I've been Trapped since birth, cautious, cause I'm cursed
And fantasies of my family, in a hearse
And they say it's the white man I should fear
But, it's my own kind doin' all the killin' here
I can't lie, ain't no love for the other side
Jealousy inside, make'em wish I died
Oh my Lord, tell me what I'm livin' for
Everybody's droppin' got me knockin' on heaven's door

If you enjoy his songs then how is he overrated?
Calling someone/something overrated is just a way for you to announce your tastes are superior.
>>
>>36679356
You're trying to make a connection between his music and his death. He died because he wanted to be a gangster and beat up an actual gangster.
>>
>>36679427
You can enjoy something but still call it overrated. People like to call him the greatest rapper to ever exist, I don't think that's true. He was a great rapper and made music with a good message but on a technical level, he was slightly above average.
>>
>>36679395
From a young age he was chosen and he was given things by rich white old men.
>>
>>36679430
That's what the media told you. The truth is he and his mother were starting to question the whole "whitey is holding us down" mantra such as "blacks killing blacks" he became a threat. He was highly influential and could have made a huge difference in black white relationships. He was killed to keep him silent.
>>
File: IMG_8071.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8071.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>36679466
>>36679427
Pic related is one of the best in my opinion.
>>
>>36679255
He sucked in the movie "Juice".
>>
>>36679530
Andre3000 is very underrated.

The Art of Storytelling is one of the best continual albums out there for rap.

Ask any nigger.
>>
mf doom > tupac
>>
>>36679542
He was good in Juice. When you look at his character from a psychological pov, it's a little scary. When he hear about sociopaths, they're running businesses and dumping toxic waste into the water supply and shit. Bishop was what happens when I sociopath is born black in the ghetto.
>>
The greatest rapper ever is Eminem.
>>
>>36679615
OFAY GET OUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
>>
>>36679255
I wish I could regurgitate the "Tupac was a musical genius and a true poet," meme but I've never actually listened to him much outside of a few songs, and I listen to a lot of rap, too.
>>
>>36679647
A lot of rap casuals have never listened to 2pac. Rap casuals are actually becoming famous rappers these days. See Lil Yachty.
>>
>>36679610
Don't get me wrong man Bishop was based off of a great archetype and had great character foil, but Tupac sucked at displaying that type of menace. Every scene where he begins to break is actually lame.
>>
>>36679255
Fucking overrated just for dying young. Had he not he would have ended like Dogg with shitty stoner rap.
>>
>>36679530
>got a sweet li'l darlin' back in my corner
>below, I know I love her but act like don't want her
>surrounded by the loving but yet, feel like a loner
>could be an organ donor the way I give up my heart but...
>never know because SHIET, I'll never tell her
>>
>>36679701
Tupac would've gone full time actor, I bet. His entire persona was an act in itself. It's a shame what's happened to Snoop Dogg though. He's not even trying anymore.
>>
Biggie once wrote:
"You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick"
>>
>>36679684
Idk if I'd consider myself a "rap casual." I listen to mostly modern stuff, since instrumentally, I prefer the sound in modern rap music. I like that we actually try to experiment with new sounds and beats, not to mention the denser, lusher beats, as opposed to (mainstream, at least), gangsta rap from the 90's and 00's, which all went for the same kind of stripped down, raw sound. I also feel like rap has taken many steps forward lyrically, with more complex bars and subject matter that isn't always about the hood, drugs, or being a gangbanger. I also really like the more experimental stuff. Death Grips, Shabazz Palaces, clipping., etc.

I still need to listen to a lot of more early hip hop though. I've listened to Wu-Tang and N.W.A. and I liked those debuts but I'm not going to lie and pretend like I don't prefer modern hip hop.
>>
>>36679869
He also had a line about his friends fucking kids. And some people claim he's one of the greatest to do it.
>>
>>36679884
You're right. Even though I don't always like modern rap, it's definitely more creative these days.
>>
>>36679255
Why would I waste any thoughts on a nigger?

When niggers shoot each other in their ghettos, we win.
>>
>>36680028
>Imma 2 stoopid to think for myself
>let /pol/ do the thinking for me, hehe that'll show em
>>
>>36679959
Yeah, modern rap is definitely far more ambitious than it used to be.

I can respect old school rap, I just don't care for the rhymes most of the time, don't care for the attitude, beats usually don't do anything for me, etc.
>>
Tupac promoted "nigger culture"

He even died from it.

All that "uplifting" music just meant get more money anyway you can.
>>
>>36679917

source on that, please
>>
>>36680070
Thank goodness for all of Biggie and Tupac cultural contributions.

We as a society are so much better thanks to gangster rap.

Instead of staying in school and getting a job, it's so much better to steal cars and rob convenience stores and shit.

Thanks rap music!
>>
>>36680139
What's Beef
>Don't they know my nigga Gutter fuckin' kidnap kids?
>Fuck 'em in the ass, throw ' em over the bridge?
>>
>>36680180
You've obviously never listened to Tupac if you think that's the lifestyle he promoted.
>>
>>36680210
The only good nigger is a dead nigger

Of course this isn't original
>>
rap more like (c)rap lol
>>
good rapper
good actor

not great but good
>>
>>36680210
What lifestyle did he promote?
>>
>>36680391
>we gotta make a change. It's time for us as a people to start making some changes. Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live, let's change the way we treat each other. See the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.
>>
>>36680391
In his songs he talked about struggle, pain, love, and fear. Sure he talked about what most others talked about such as sex and alcohol and drugs. But his music was genuine in my opinion. what a lot of rappers lack today is just being honest with their music. They talk about the same thing in each and every song, but Tupac was an original and a man in his own league. He knew how to tell stories in his music.
>>
>>36679255
>Overrated

Get off my board
>>
>>36679255
You'd think all the fat would have stopped the bullet in its tracks.
>>
>>36679255

He was a poet.

/thread
>>
>>36681938
Are we relating this to current day rap that promotes ghetto culture? Tupac's message was surely the opposite. It wasn't romanticizing the culture, is was about the cold hard truth about living in the inner city, if you can't respect that, well, you're probably retarded.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.