[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Press F to to pay respects. They close down tonight.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1506.png (28KB, 300x300px)
IMG_1506.png
28KB, 300x300px
Press F to to pay respects.

They close down tonight.
>>
who?

origoranalialn
>>
F

Had a good round of trolling on that app.
>>
File: 5e2.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
5e2.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
and nothing of value was lost
orignalo
>>
>>36676302
I tried to troll the shit out of SJWs but I shortly realized that I live around a community college full of working class Mexicans and they agreed with a lot of my posts.
>>
F

made some nice coin selling adderall to high school kids
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 366x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 366x530px
>>36676302
F

I never understood what the app really was
>>
>>36676573
I remember it being popular in high school like 3 years ago when people used it to spread rumors and talk shit anonymously. It was like 4chan but everybody lived within 10 miles of each other
>>
F

Had my first ever drug deal on that app.
>>
>>36676302
F
>>36676447
Yik yak
>>
>be yik yak
>have great anonoymous app
>starts dying out in popularity, need innovation
>lol fuck that, use handles now
>yik yak posts go down to a crawl
>radiuses get bigger and bigger
>fix the prolbem, but not nearily as many users
>die

FFFFFFFF
>>
F

Wasn't that bad of an idea really
>>
SUNY Oswego still has like 40+ active users and it's a school in the middle of nowhere.
>>
that shit was fun while I was still in uni
>>
>>36676302
Been trolling it for years, 200,000 yakarma down the drain. My herd is still very active too, sort of sucks.
>>
Anyone have the apk
>>
If yik yak closes down, what are the normie college kids using to post memes then?

I'm out of the loop, some normie help me. What's the meme app now
>>
>>36676940
Instagram. It's always been the normie meme app.
>>
Someone redpill me on yik yak. All I know about it was that it was used by college kids to post memes with each other
>>
File: pepelliotokhandsign.png (156KB, 726x720px) Image search: [Google]
pepelliotokhandsign.png
156KB, 726x720px
>>36676302
They were one of the few apps that was compatible with Voiceover text-to-speech for the blind.

I tried to create a group for Junior Blind of America in Inglewood two years ago (January 2015) so we could message one another outside of class, and they kept hiding/deleting posts.

Instead of going on a shooting spree, I set the events in motion that led to the closure of this app. You're welcome.

(Obviously I'm lying and trolling and making up stories.)
>>
>>36676302
Eh. YikYak sucked anyway.

Vine, on the other hand, I actually kind of miss. Vine had an unexpectedly huge cultural impact and once you dig past the shitty lipsyncing teens and Jacob-Sartorius-esque accounts, there was some true gold in there.

...I might even go far enough to say I kind of want it back.
>>
>>36676573
It's basically like 4chan, except with Reddit's voting system and Twitter's character limit.

It's like Anonymous Twitter, basically.
>>
>>36676991
If you say that you're lying, does that absolve you of incrimination in case they want to take legal action?
>>
>everybody around me tells me to get yik yak
>get it
>it's just normies posting old as fuck stale memes and 9gag tier memes
>uninstall
Good riddance
>>
>That qt hapa grill that threatened to shoot up her school on yik yak
I want to be her bf
>>
>>36676982
YikYak was actually kind of nice. It was a location-based app where you could say anything anonymously in under 140 characters and see what other people around you are saying. Then other anonymous people could up/down vote your posts. It's like Twitter, but completely anonymous and based on your current area.
I heard it was kind of gossipy, but I've personally never seen any gossip on there. Just people telling pretty funny jokes and asking where to buy weed.

It was sort of a mix between 4chan, Twitter, reddit, and its own thing. 8/10 app until they started forcing people to use handles and prevented people from posting until you give them your phone number. That's when people stopped using the app, and by the time they reverted it, the damage was already done and now they're shutting down.
They fucked themselves.
>>
>>36676978
Instagram honestly scares me. They've basically ate up every other young adult social app. I think snapchat is the only one left but from what I hear you can basically do everything in instagram that you can do in snapchat
>>
Yik Yak is a prime example of bad management.

They had a great idea. A simple anonymous message board for people in your vicinity to post and talk to each other. And it was great. It didn't matter that it was simple. Simple is all it needed to be.

But then they added all this new shit. First it was the user images that identified individual posters in a thread. Then it was handles. That was when I stopped using it. Now I just checked it again and my god it is a fucking mess. I can't even identify half this shit. Is it even anonymous anymore? I can't fucking tell.

What a retarded waste. No wonder they're shutting down. Bunch of morons.
>>
>>36677050
You needed to move around a little. Usually if you check YikYak from just your house or a church or whatever, it's shit.

If you read it on a college campus, however, hoo boy. Juicy shit
>>
>>36677115
No, Instagram took Snapchat too. On the top of the app, there are "stories" from the people you follow. They disappear in 24 hours. The only difference is you can pause Instagram stories.
>>
>>36677137
I've never used the stories for Snapchat, but can you still send pics which tell you if they've been saved (nudes) and do your messages automatically delete themselves?
>>
>>36677119
Same happened with Chatous.

Chatous could've fucking annihilated Omegle, but then they flushed that down the toilet and shot themselves in the foot. Now their app is sitting at like 1.5 or something on the App Store.

The only difference is that they're too stupid to revert their fuck-ups.
>>
>>36677162
Yeah everything on Snapchat (pictures, videos, messages) delete themselves within 24 hours. I think private snaps delete themselves right after they've been opened if you set them that way. You're notified if someone screenshots your snap.
>>
>>36677212
Sorry I meant does Instagram let you do those snapchat things in them? Like if I sent a dick pic to someone in instagram would it tell me if the other person saved it?
>>
Seriously? All my area had was people from /pol/ who didn't have any friends and just spammed Nazi memes all day, but it was still a good idea. F
>>
>>36676302
They gave in to the little shits who weren't able to handle the banter and made the app shit.
Then when everyone left they attempted to scramble back to something somewhat like what it used to be and failed miserably, never getting back their community.

I'm so fucking happy, they tried to make the app a safe space and got shit on.
>>
>>36677242
I'm not sure. I doubt you can send stories to someone else in the first place though, those are public.
>>
That app used to be pretty good, until they removed the herd and forced handles. Dumb fucks. F
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.