[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a job? If you have, do you hate it? i fucking hate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

Do you have a job? If you have, do you hate it? i fucking hate my job. i work at a cafeterium
>>
>>36675232
Security guard in retail, yesterday I gave up and spent my shift googling other security jobs in my area. I officially just hate my job
>>
Dude same, I work in a middle school cafeteria
>>
Freelance artist currently in work for the next few months. It's pretty fun cos I just get to work at home and shitpost all day
>>
>>36675232
I don't have a job. It's great.
>>
>>36675300
i have considered to just quit and go full NEET. this is fucking killing me
>>
I work in a warehouse for a company that sells small parts for aerospace. It's tedious, but I can't say I hate it. I don't want it to become my career there. I have a co worker that has worked in warehouses all his life. He's 55 I think.
>>
>>36675359
someday i will be just like you
>>
>>36675345
Blog, and example artwork?
>>
>>36675469
goddamn i would never work in warehouses for all my life. props to him
>>
>>36675232
I'm a trainee surgeon.

It's nice but everything apart from operating is a bit shit.
>>
Unemployed, but im studying

However im shitting getting a job, i just dont think ill be able to cope, i can hardly keep up now
>>
>>36675280
that was the best part when i was in retail, just not giving a fuck and spending the day on internet
>>
>>36675232
No i need one asap tho.
>>
>>36675365
Same on that too, dude
There is nothing worse than getting screamed at by children and old ladies, and having no fucking future to look forward too
I keep screaming, but god just won't answer
>>
File: 1478325492433.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478325492433.gif
1MB, 400x300px
I deliver bread and pastries from a local bakery to grocery stores and cafes. I ride around in a van by myself all day listening to the radio. At the cafes I just drop the boxes off to the people behind the counter but at the grocery stores I have to go in through receiving and get the person back there to scan the bread in. We're just a small local bakery so I usually have like 3 trays of bread on average so the whole process takes like 15 minutes at most.

All in all A++ as far as jobs go. Just get to be out on my own all day, not dealing with coworkers/customers and I'm out on the road so its not like I'm sitting at a desk bored out of my mind all day.
>>
Midwife. I like it.
>>
File: 1492990159810.png (26KB, 322x314px) Image search: [Google]
1492990159810.png
26KB, 322x314px
>>36675232
Trying to get one
Just got an email to come in and fill an application but it says I need experience and contacts which it didn't say I needed on the page when I put in my resume
So close
>>
>>36675232
No but I fucking hated my last job. Nothing but fucking normies and I worked with mostly women too and most of those were Stacies.

Retail and I have social anxiety. You can only imagine where this is going.
>>
>>36676006
This is the job I want but I recently got in a car accident and had a speeding ticket right before that so there's no way they're putting me behind the wheel. Feels bad man.

Right now I'm a cook a retirement home, a glorified lunch lady basically. Think about killing myself everyday because I'll have to work jobs like these the rest of my life.
>>
>>36675232
Accountant here. Fucking hate my job. Sitting in a hot office all day is literal hell. Makes me want to go back to stocking shelves.
>>
File: sadpepe.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.png
80KB, 500x421px
>>36675232
I would love pretty much every job I had if it weren't for asshole bosses/coworkers.

Here's a sample of jobs I worked

>Pizza Delivery - Awesome minus 3 people who weren't always there
>Manufacturing Inspection - Hell job, good coworkers. Imagine scraping every shoe-mark off the same tile of floor every minute for 8 hours on grave shift
>IT - Awesome job all around, good coworkers, but it was a temporary position so I got kicked off (interns can't work more than X hours per that company's policy)
>Electronic Circuit Repair - Good job, shitty warehouse workspace, boss had some funny ideas about management
>Rocket Test Equipment Maintenance - Decent job, coworkers are somehow more autistic than 4chan which is also somehow a good thing. Toxic atmospheres come and go at the drop of a hat, but that makes them easy to resolve. (Same company as IT job, but different group and a bit less office-centric. We also have a ping-pong table)
>Large-parts rocket refurbishing - This job is a temporary assignment out of state, and it's fucking awful. Asshole coworkers, asshole bosses, the work is spotty and everyone's high-strung because there's nothing to do. Even when there is work, it lasts maybe 3 hours then there's some hold-up for regulations/safety/quality.

>TFW 4 more months of refurb before I get to go back and hang out with my autist maintenance crew.
>>
>>36675992
there is no hope. we will just rot in these shitty jobs
>>
>>36676633
I take solace in telling everyone at every other kitchen I substitute at everything my boss does, so at the very least, everyone knows she's a cunt
Also I took a shit in a former coworker's bong because I was having to do all his work
>>
File: 1491918538189.png (5KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
1491918538189.png
5KB, 238x212px
>>36675232
I start a job as a staff accountant for a small business tomorrow.
My direct boss is a pajeet. He seems okay but I haven't gotten the chance to get to know him yet.
I already hate the head of HR.
>>
>>36676223
Apply anyway. One of the places will hit a dry spell, bring you in.

Once you hit an interview that's 99% of whether you get an offer.

Don't feel too bad about rejects, though. They have to filter out people really hard based on metrics that can't be illegal like race or age. It's basically a crapshoot up till the interview, and often a (better) crapshoot after that.

>>36675365
I did this for a while before my circuit repair job. It was all right until it wasn't. I get bored easily.
>>
Currently a NEET looking for work, but worked at a few warehouses.

Worked at my first warehouse for 2 years before I got a better paying warehouse job. The second job was horrible, so I had to quit.
My first warehouse job was ok. I just hated the people. All lazy and I swear every person took a day off once a week. I was the only person in the whole building that had perfect attendance.

My second job was shit because I hurt my back. Everything was so heavy that I ended up screwing myself up. Didn't even last 2 months.
>>
File: 1485550875723.png (240KB, 477x473px) Image search: [Google]
1485550875723.png
240KB, 477x473px
>>36676716
>took a shit in a former coworker's bong
how
>>
File: kermit explains all.png (288KB, 357x348px) Image search: [Google]
kermit explains all.png
288KB, 357x348px
>>36676540
> Supermarket 1 - bagger, got tips, but never as much as others, and never got promoted or re-hired
> Supermarket 2 - night shift, 40/week PT, shit pay, shit training, laid off in less than a month
> Sandwich shop - boss was a bro, shitty co-workers, low pay
> Beer packaging plant - boss was a bro, free beer, but almost no hours and stank like beer
> Supermarket 3 - okay coworkers, shit management, got shafted in terms of hours
> Call center - temporary, decent coworkers, consistent hours, good pay, but dead end
>>
File: pepe_kong.png (446KB, 1195x1151px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_kong.png
446KB, 1195x1151px
I got really lucky with my job. I work for a big health insurance company. I get to work at home often and there aren't many people in my office so I don't have to deal with normies when I go to the office. Pay + benefits are very good, I get paid days off for all holidays, 4 weeks of paid time off a year. My boss likes me and I'm good at my job. I have lots of room to advance and grow. I did pretty well for having a shit degree, a shit GPA, no connections and no relevant experience when I was hired a couple years ago.

Working at home is fucking amazing. Only takes me a few hours to finish all my assignments for the day, then I play vidya or dick around on 4chan for the rest of my shift.
>>
File: 1478477955727.jpg (14KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1478477955727.jpg
14KB, 384x384px
>tfw 21 full time student and have no work experience
>tfw apply to minimum wage jobs in my area and get no response
>mummy gives me money

i just want a job so i can stop feeling so worthless
>>
>>36676716
I really hope you're that lunch lady that wrote that greentext.
That was a fucking amazing story.
>>
>>36676006
This was the biggest perk of my pizza job. The work could be stressful, but between just about everything there was always 15-20 minutes of driving on my own.

>>36676887
People tip baggers? Where I live the checkout bags for you and you take it out yourself.
>>
>>36676836
I got into his jeep, he's one of those dirtbags that has no doors on the fucking thing, went poking around, found a bing and three baggies of pot, took a dump in the bong, and went back to work

>>36677031
I am, and thank you
>>
File: 1mTu7sL.jpg (39KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1mTu7sL.jpg
39KB, 402x402px
>>36676716
>Also I took a shit in a former coworker's bong because I was having to do all his work
Elaborate
>>
>>36675232
Pubic accountant (auditor)

Hate it with a burning passion more than anything I've ever hated in my life. Multiple times a day I consider anheroing. I get panic attacks every day and sometimes in the night and I've lost a shitload of hair from the stress
>>
>>36677214
shoulda gone industry my dude
>>
>>36676913

what is your job title and what company?
i'm about to graduate with a math degree, been admitted to grad school but having second thoughts
>>
I don't hate my job, I just hate having to work with my mother. Whiny bitch never gets the fuck off my back. Besides that it's actually a pretty comfy job, when she's not around at least.
>>
>>36677113
I remember hearing you tell your story. It was awesome.
>>
File: The_Pale_King.jpg (15KB, 200x297px) Image search: [Google]
The_Pale_King.jpg
15KB, 200x297px
>>36677214

have you ever read pic related?
>>
File: patrick horrified Shudder.jpg (64KB, 567x378px) Image search: [Google]
patrick horrified Shudder.jpg
64KB, 567x378px
I just applied for a job at Walmart and I really hope I don't get it because I can already tell that if I do I'm really going to hate it.

Holy shit, this place is miserable. Even when you walk in, there's this feeling of dread. It's physical. I don't know if it's the air-conditioning or what, but the air is stagnant and it's just warm enough to be slightly uncomfortable, but not enough for you to start sweating or noticing it otherwise. I can't imagine spending 8+ hours in that place, let alone 30 minutes.

But then again, money can be exchanged for goods and services.
>>
>>36677234
That's the plan but I'd like to get my cpa first, will make job hunting 100x easier. I do have tons of recruiters contacting me so at least I don't have to worry TOO hard about job security

>>36677293
no, maybe I'll google it
>>
>>36677276
Thanks, my dude
I've been thinking about posting another story about the girl who replaced him desu
>>
>>36677250

Insurance underwriter. Won't say what company I work for but it's in the top 100 of the Fortune 500. My job isn't that hard but they only hire college grads, not sure if that's an industry thing or only something my company does. It's just knowing how to use some software and follow directions. I don't have to deal with people very often and when I do it's over IM or email. We have a sales team that deals with clients and handles all the social bullshit. I have always autistically double- and triple-checked things, which helps a lot because my work has to be 100% accurate.
>>
>>36677379
>tfw cpa elligible
>tfw too lazy to study for it
shit
>>
I work at a retard school.

I hate it so goddamn much it really causes me so much stress.
>>
>>36675232
I'm a prostitute

it's ok
>>
>>36677351
Try Publix. I work in dozens of different grocery stores as a merchandiser, and Walmart either turns you into an asshole or just promotes them. I've never talked to a friendly Walmart manager.
>>
>>36677293
Jesus christ, not reading that. Too close to home dude
>>
>>36677407
Same. I think we chatted a bit in another thread a few days ago.
>>
>>36677384
Holy shit you're like a celebrity
I am beyond ready for the story about the replacement
>>
>>36676716
I remember your posts, it was many moons ago
>>
>>36677400
Same, I graduated 2 years ago. Worst part is they just revised it to make it even harder to pass.

If my life gets any worse I'm just going to cut my losses and give up and get some shitty staff accountant job and live a meager life with a fat ugly wife. I'm almost just done
>>
>>36677540
my entry staff job is 42k
granted im 70k in the hole but at least i only work 40 a week
>>
>>36677540
>give up and get some shitty staff accountant job and live a meager life
You could always become a Broadway producer.
>>
>>36677397

do you know if its industry standard to allow underwriters to work from home or just your company? that's the reason I asked about the company. also, is the pay good?
>>
>>36677471
huehuehue
Alright, well shit, I'll get it written up and post it sometimes this week

>>36677503
that me
they didn't replace him for a month after that
>>
>>36677595
The job would have to be reeallly cushy for me to take that pay. Is it?

This is why I want the cpa, so I can make close to what I'm getting now when I jump ship. I really hope all these years of suffering pays off in the end.
>>
>>36677794
aint bad
your mileage will vary of course
>>
>>36677647

I don't know, you would have to search around. I'm sure most companies in the industry allow working at home because it cuts down on office overhead and everything is digital now so you don't need to make sure all the paper information is secure in the office. I had to go to the office more often when I first started but that was beneficial to help me learn stuff from coworkers. Starting pay was 44K plus a yearly bonus of about $1500. Now I earn close to 60K and get a $3000 bonus. I'm in a really low cost of living state and live pretty well.
>>
>>36677865

alright, thanks for telling me all of that. i never even thought doing that sort of thing but it really seems like a good gig
>>
>>36677468
That's right! I think I fell asleep and by the time I woke up the thread was gone.

I think you said you worked with younger guys? I wish I did. Adults are horrible because they refuse to change. I understand they're retarded but all hope is lost, well the aggressive ones.
>>
>>36677954
>>36677468

that sounds like a really depressing job. is the pay at least good? are the hours short?
>>
I do data entry for public accountants all day. It's boring as fuck but at least I can listen to music all day. Just thinking about going in tomorrow is making me feel nauseous.

I want to be unemployed again so badly. I'm not sure that healthcare is even worth it anymore.
>>
>>36677954
Yeah. They're really sweet and cute, which is good for keeping your composure when they act up, but they certainly aren't angels.

>non-compliance is rampant
>express frustrations with adults/others physically rather than verbally
>some aren't above biting...
Just last week a kid got a hard nut shot on me on purpose (couldn't block because I didn't see it coming), but this being a special ed school I was giving him candy and play breaks literally 10 minutes later. That shit would get you suspended anywhere else.

>>36678063
It's really rewarding when they're happy and having fun. In those moments, they're very sweet.
>>
>>36678063
And as for the pay/hours. The pay sucks balls but it pays rent where I live. The hours are okay - slightly less than normal school day hours not counting team meeting days, and Summers off being a school.
>>
I am in college but don't have a job. Only had one job ever and it was for like 5 months, that was years ago. I never leave my room when I get home. How do I break free from this curse?
>>
File: eaqaaa.png (121KB, 252x221px) Image search: [Google]
eaqaaa.png
121KB, 252x221px
I work as a call center rep, I "sell" free magazines to businesses.
I'm basically yelled at and cussed out and treated like absolute trash every single day for 8 hours.
It's the only job here, I don't make enough to substantially save to move to a better area with more jobs.

I want to fucking kill myself every god damn fucking day.
>>
>>36678854
Do you have a car? You could get a job somewhere else, not quit until you know you have it (start in X weeks, this is why 2 weeks notice exists, etc) and find a place in the new area in that interim or slightly after, commuting the distance in the meantime.

Businesses understand this type of situation, and are willing to work with you about it. Sometimes they really want work soon, but most places are willing to wait 2+ months if it's a long-term thing.
>>
>>36679279
No car, license is suspended because of an unpaid ticket I simply can't afford.

I got it while moving up here, going down the highway in the left lane in a pack of cars, we were clocked doing 80 down hill, he pulled me over because I was in a black mustang at the time.

Sucks.
>>
became a game dev after about 7 years of retail. i make about 8k a month now (going up from 1500) but i know it wont last. the market is so unstable
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.