[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/balding/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: ayyy.png (179KB, 572x324px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy.png
179KB, 572x324px
who /balding/ here?

pic related, how bad is my hairline? should I just buzz it off, or should I end it all?

post your hairlines, your "solutions", your feelings.
>>
>>36674081

I'm not going to post mine, but it's similar. It's just a bit wider at the front, but with more diffuse thinning in the front-center.

Hair cloning when?
>>
I went from Norwood 2 to 6 in about six months after I turned 27. I had long hair and had it since I was 13. Killed me inside when I shaved my head
>>
>>36674140
How many people noticed it/talked to you about it yet?
Sometimes I get some jokes about my hairline, but everytime I talk about it with my few friends they always say "It's not that bad"

I don't want to take stuff like finasteride...
>>
>>36674195
So you actually shaved it..
Can you post a picture?
I want to shave it too, but my mom always says not to ruin my "beautiful" hair.
I think it's beyond saving
>>
>>36674081
Does receding always mean you're gonna lose it?
>>
>>36674206
I take Propecia. I'm an asexual and don't really mind the side effects. I'd prefer to have a full head of hair.
>>
>>36674234
No.

Look at the men in your family and how much hair they have. It's a good indicator on how you'll turn out.
>>
Lucky bastard balding from the front. Hows your crown look?
>>
File: IMG_4157.jpg (509KB, 1932x1744px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4157.jpg
509KB, 1932x1744px
Ive been taking finastride for months.
>>
>>36674206

To be honest, I've always been the one to bring it up first. I'll just straight-up ask: "Do you think it's time to shave my head?" "Is the thinning noticeable", etc. Every time they tell me no, but I'm positive that's just bullshit. A few people suggested Rogaine, but a whole lot of fuck that. I tried it and it only made me feel even more shitty, knowing that I'd have to rely on a time-consuming, physically irritating foam every day for the rest of my life or risk all my hair falling out in two months.
>>
>>36674325
My crown is alright and I'm happy about that.
What is your pattern?
>>
Shaving my head was the best decision of my life. I look better AND it saves a shitload of time.
>>
>>36674325

Not him, but the only other person in my family with MPB was my grandpa on my mom's side. He died at 47. From what I've seen in pictures, he started receding in his late teens/early 20s, then slowly advanced to either a NW4 or so in his 30s. My mother said he wasn't fully bald when he died.

Problem is, I have crown thinning too. As well as some general diffusion. I'd put myself at a very early NW4V right now (25).
>>
My temples started receeding a couple years ago and I recently started regrowing out my hair after doing a buzzcut for a while. One side is further back than the other so I'm doing a side part to cover that bit up. It works okay but I might need to get hair spray or gel or something to keep my hair in place and tidy, since it likes to stand up on end.
>>
>>36674436
why are you regrowing it?
>>
File: Photo on 4-30-17 at 4.27 PM.jpg (138KB, 1039x653px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 4-30-17 at 4.27 PM.jpg
138KB, 1039x653px
I'm good for now right? It runs in my family so I know I'll lose my hair at some point, but hopefully I'll die before then
>>
>Dad had massive bald spot at 43
>Maternal grandfather has full head of hair at 66
Am I fucked?
>>
>>36674479
I was on sea duty and it was easier to maintain. Now that I'm on shore duty I want to try my luck at getting a gf and I think it'll be easier with some hair.
>>
>>36674491
Male pattern baldness is passed through the mother in most cases (on the X chromosome). If your maternal grandfather has MPB, then you're much more likely to get it. It's not passed from father to son.
>>
>>36674511
That's my thought too.
I don't know what's better to pick up a gf
A receding hairline (OP) or a shaved head.
Woman usually like to play whith their BFs hair an stuff like that, but a receding hairline is ugly and brings a look of insecurity with it.
>>
>tfw was balding but estrogen and anti-androgens are bringing your hairline back
literally why would you want to be a guy lmao
>>
>>36674591
Well I'm also losing weight / getting /fit/ and I'm almost debt free so soon I'll have money to throw around. Hopefully that's good enough to find a nice 18-19 year old catholic and settle down and have a bunch of children.
>>
>>36674560
That is bullshit and I'm proof of that
>>
>>36674709
>tfw lost 18kg in 2 months and gained 2kg after that because I'm an alcoholic without any willpower and just can't stop eating.
>>
>>36674827
Drink less and use caffeine to take the edge off your appetite. You can do it! Don't give up!

If you're having trouble sorting yourself out check out Jordan B Peterson's videos on youtube.
>>
>>36674081
Nearly as bad, been like that for years really.

With that said, own it man. The more you worry about it the more people are going to look down on you for it. Just get a buzz or go full bald, or if you're that worried about it, just get some longer hair to try and hide it by cutting the bangs and top of the head at different lengths. You're gonna go bald or white headed eventually, best to just accept it now and move on.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 529x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 529x592px
Not exactly the same thing as male pattern baldness, but I think I have Alopecia Areata. Noticed the spot about a week before I got my long hair chopped, but decided to stick with it anyway. It honestly just came out of nowhere, it wasn't a gradual thing. I think it popped up from stress. I'm kind of self conscious about it, but trying to just get along without worrying about it too much. Read online that there's not exactly a solid solution, but I want to see a doctor about it.
>>
>>36674304
My dad is bald as a cue tip but most my other family has their hair and my grandparents have a hairline similar to mine but it's dark and thick
>>
>>36674339
Rogaine is the most benign way to get some hair back though. Only put it on twice a day morning and before bed. Takes 5 minutes tops to apply it like brushing your teeth
>>
>>36675089
But it brings side effects with it, doesn't it?
Also the new hair falls out as soon as you stop taking it
>>
>>36674945
I have it as well. I have 5 of those in the back of my head like yours and they are not pretty to deal with. Right now your only hope is cortisone shots and minoxidil foam (Rogaine). You also have to manage your stress. I went through months of horrible stress and anxiety due to my health paranoia and college and it made my bald spots grow. And now I have to wait a month to get health insurance so that I can go to the doc to get cortisone injections.

There is some hope for a permanent solution with certain arthritis medication that responded very very well to patients with alopecia like ours but there are some scary side effects involved (cancer and infections). A topical cream is in the works and works just as well as the oral med version so we might see these creams a few years down the line.
>>
>>36675200
Like any drug, obviously there will be side effects. Rogaine side effects are very benign. The only shit you would ever deal with is dermatitis and itching or possible lowered blood pressure - but you'd have to be retarded enough to use too much of the rogaine daily.
>>
>>36675288
I always red things like impotence for rogaine
>>
>>36674560
bull shit
Maternal grandpa is 94 with full hair, Dad is 58 and has almost full hair.
I started balding at 17. I'm 29 now and have a bald several balding spots around my head. I'll just shave it once I turn 30.
>>
>>36675320
That's impossible. Rogaine is a vasilodator which means it increases blood flow in the areas where it is applied. That's all it does, it increases blood flow to your scalp so some hairs can grow and not fall out as fast. And the increased blood flow isnt enough to make your dick limp
>>
>>36675231
Shit man, thanks for sharing your side and some ideal solutions. Is there no chance of natural grow back? In college and still living with my mom, I'm almost 100% dependent on her for everything. She doesn't usually like to get stuff unless it's a complete necessity. And I wasn't stressed out over anything but seeing potential in a relationship. She's hundreds of miles away, so I there's not much I can do right now, and that was kind of killing me. I'm regulating a little better now, but at the time I was feeling it all. I haven't been in a relationship in probably 8 years, so this is kind of a big moment for me, lol.
>>
>>36675089
Does it work on receeding hairline? I read on the package it only works on bald spots in the back.
>>
>>36675231
Also if you want to hide those bald spots easily, use eyeliner gel.
>>
My hairlines going and I buzz my hair with 0-skin blade on the side and one up top been getting a lot of compliments from girls tell me I look like Jason statham
>>
File: thinning.png (239KB, 317x457px) Image search: [Google]
thinning.png
239KB, 317x457px
>tfw this is happening in crown area
So this is how it starts?
>>
>>36675441
It depends. Everyone with this disease respond differently. Some (a minority) have their hair grow back after a year all on their own. Others grow a couple bald spots before it stabilizes. And in extreme cases the person loses all their body hair. It really does depend on the individual. If your bald spot grows a bit or you get new ones, dont freak out. Worrying about them will just make your anxiety worse and the anxiety stresses out your immune system which causes it to attack your hair follicles.
>>
>>36675499
The makers advertise it only for use on the crown but theoretically, it can work anywhere on the body that is capable of growing hair. You have to apply it religiously though.
>>
>>36675565
Did you have that before? Could be just a cowlick. Also, the harsh lighting might make it look worse than it does. I can sometimes see the scalp of people with full heads of hair in strong lighting.
>>
>>36675724
>Did you have that before?
I dont remember but i do have high hairline with widow peak.
>>
>>36675691
Sweet I'm getting that shit then. I still have some hair in the front but it's thinning so I'd love to thicken it and make it easier to style. Gonna buy some tomorrow.
>>
>>36675815
Buy some Nizoral shampoo as well and use it every 3 days. Ketoconazole is an ingredient that's been noted to help stop hair loss but researchers don't know why. Still, it doesn't hurt to use at all. A bottle of it is like 6 bucks at CVS and should last for 6-8 months.
>>
>>36675815
Be aware though that you might (or will) lose hairs for a month or two because the scalp will lose the dying hair follicles and replace them with stronger newer follicles. So if you notice some shedding, you just have to tough it out and stick with it for 4-6 months before results appear and a year to really know if you're benefiting well from it. Take pictures every week to note your progress.
>>
>>36675874
>>36675919
Will do. Thanks for the tips bros.
>>
finasteride
NOW
>>
>>36676766
mate 7 months on fin and it has done NOUT
>>
>>36677419
Same here. I've been on it for 3 months and I've just lost more hair since taking it. Gonna continue taking it for a few more months to see if it Actually does anything.
>>
>>36674432
Hair loss comes from the mother's father. You're fucked.
>>
>>36674480
That's just a maturing hairline. You're good.
>>
File: IMG_1322.jpg (580KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1322.jpg
580KB, 2576x1932px
I am aware im going to be alone forever
>>
File: headhair.png (405KB, 884x674px) Image search: [Google]
headhair.png
405KB, 884x674px
I look really ugly with a shaved head so I'm redditmode
>>
File: 11.jpg (383KB, 1192x1188px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
383KB, 1192x1188px
the crown is even worse
>>
File: 1491902097660.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1491902097660.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>36678087
You need to shave.
You're not holding onto anything.
It's not going to get any better.
>>
>>36678350
Looks like overall diffuse thinning in mid-stage. You are on your last 6-8 months of passable hair without looking like a cancer patient.

Start looking into buzzing options or just bald+beard.

Best option right now is to just wait 2-3 years until viable cure/treatment is made (unlike shitty western docs who are happy to keep sucking your money for shitty hair transplant surgeries, rich chinks are throwing millions at actual research)
>minox: ages face (fucks with collagen)
>fin: high chance of gyno + can only maintain what you have
>dut, ru and rest of the shit is just too experimental.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/pipeline
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.