[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0200.jpg (376KB, 855x641px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.jpg
376KB, 855x641px
I gotta give this girl guitar lessons later. I think she's like in her mid 20s or something. I told her I would expecting it to never happen but then she texted me showing she bought a guitar and everything. I've never given any lessons before, in fact I've only played in front of people a few times, and I'm actually autistic. Can some anons give me advice here? Meeting her in less than 2 hours.
>how do I keep things from being awkward?
>what kind of songs should I teach to a girl? All I play is finger style and classic guitar which is almost certainly not what she would want to learn
>should I go into her room, or just play in her living room or sonething? She probably has roommates.
>any advice?
>>
>>36670619
Just do this, brah:
>"here's the G chord, here's how you finger it"
>"That's great, just keep practicing that, and I'll show to the D chord next"
>"alright, good. Before I show you the A chord, I'm going to need you to drop your panties and suck my cock"
>"Yeah, Jimi Hendrix also had to do this at first when he was learning."
>>
Well, at least you actually know how to play. Watch and read some stuff from this guy (www.justinguitar.com) since he's probably the most popular online teacher and will probably give you an idea on how to teach somebody. Just go with the basics and teach her a few simple chords. Most don't stick with it very long.
>>
she probably just want your d
>>
Teach her four chords: E B C# A

You know just how many pop songs can be played with those chords. She'll be satisfied just from that.

Also you better not be doing it for free, you stupid bitch. If you're doing something for a girl for free, she never intended to sleep with you in the first place.
>>
>>36670705
Doubt it, I'm pretty unattractive. Anyways, I have 0 interest in fucking her.
>>
>>36670619
okay ive been playing guitar my whole life (im 23)

absolute beginner?

teach basic posture and technique (where your thumb should be depending on the fret and stuff like that)

stuff alone like that would take 30 minutes
>>
>>36670719
I am doing it for free, but it's not like I'm about to give her constant free lessons. If she actually wants more after this it would cost money, I'm just doing this to step out of my comfort zone and get some practice interacting with other humans since my social skills are so poor.
>>
>>36670619
Smoke on the water
Then day tripper
Then chords.
By then she should be able to play stupid meme ed sheeran trainwrecks.
Or ratm riffs. Whichever.

Hope she bought nylon.
>>
>>36670811
smoke on the water is too hard for a starter

also u cant play smoke on the water on an acoustic
>>
>>36670619
Hey man, like some other anons have said start by teaching her a few chords. After she's remembered the proper positions and fingering for them have her practice switching between the chords in drills until she's fluid. A drill my old guitar teacher would do would be some thing like see how many times you can switch between G and D in a minute, do it with other chords etc, and try to build up speed. If I were you I'd ask her where she'd like to setup to play as that will let her feel more comfortable. After she's got chord progression down move on to teaching her some simple songs that only use a few chords. From there start asking her what songs she'd like to play and find covers of them and help her learn to play them. Good luck anon.
>>
What classics do you play, OP? I can play Capricho Arabe and Recuerdos de la Alhambra, and I'm currently learning Bach.
>>
>>36670828
The basic riff is just open 3 5 open 3 6 5 open 3 5 3 open on E.

Let's her figure out how to sync hands and it sounds mildly good.
>>
>>36670772
You fucking idiot, you're falling into the trap. She's going to ask for the next one and be as sweet as possible, maybe even kiss you on the cheek, and you're going to fall for it. Meanwhile, she gets guitar lessons for free, and fucks Chads day and night.

You have to be adamant. "First lesson is free, afterwards it's $40 a lesson." And even then, you can give her the "cute girl" discount of $20. As long as you're making this a business transaction and not a favor.
>>
>>36670811
Nah, she got streel string acoustic, which I'm glad of. Unless she's extra determined, I'm thinking her fingers will get tired out pretty quickly, which means I can teach at a slow and comfortable pace. Also it'd mean I won't be stuck working with her for too long.

I'm now realizing perhaps she's not actually interested in guitar at all and just wants attention or intimacy. Not gonna be good if that's the case. I'm not an affectionate person at all.
>>36670853
Good idea, and also that's what I was planning to do. Only thing is I don't want her to get bored of it too quick. What's a good starter song just to get her interested in playing in the first place before I start telling her to do chord drills? I'm thinking "I wanna hold your hands" by the Beatles, I think that's the first song I learned. Or maybe Dust in the Wind if she's a faster learner.
>>
>>36670828
wrong

proper way to play it is
G 3 5 3 6 / 5 3 5
A5 1 3 5 1 4 / 3 5 1 3 5 5
E3 3 3 3 3

ive seen deep purple in concert
>>
Show her how to hold the plectrum, show her a few basic struming techniques (up down up down etc) you can do this with knocking on heavens door which as it happens was the first song i learnt to play. It's also pretty basic, has some very good chord examples and is easy to play for a beginer.
>>
>>36670940
was meant for >>36670875

ORIGINAL POST ZZBLOX
>>
>>36670932
No calluses trying to play full size steel is a lesson in pain.

Atleast you made a friend.
>>
>>36670932
Hmm, I can't really give a recommendation since I really have no idea what music she's into. But the guitar in in Aeroplane over the sea is pretty catchy, sounds nice imho and isn't that hard to get down.
>>
>>36670940
D|----3-5---3-6/5---3-5-3------------------------------|
A|-5-1-3-5-1-4/3-3-1-3-1-5-5-----------------------|
E|-3------3---------5--------3-3-------------------------|
>>
>>36670932
Forgot to add it would work perfectly since she has an acoustic. If you haven't heard the song here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD6_QXwKesU
>>
Shit before I forget, make sure she knows how to tune the fucking thing relative to the neighboring string.

It doesn't matter if she can't hear E so long as the thing harmonizes in the right places.
>>
>>36670743
Bruh at least find out if she wants to fuck. Make a stroking motion on the guitar shaft in a sexual manner. while making eye contact with her. You might not want to fuck, but she might and you could have a gf.
>>
>>36670619
>>36670698

Confirm, justin guitar explains simply, you can just watch his videos 3 times each before giving your class and repeat the same thing : present a few chords, explains how you have to play it, find a song that uses these chords, practice that song and play it.
You could practice the song and make a duo with the chick, she'll love it.
>>
>>36670619
Whatever happens, please do come back and give us an update.
>>
>>36671159
I don't want a gf. I wouldn't mind getting my dick sucked I guess
>>36671252
I definely will.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.