[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mensa and occupation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: mensa.jpg (29KB, 634x282px) Image search: [Google]
mensa.jpg
29KB, 634x282px
Any of you gotten IQ tested at Mensa?
Post your result and your occupation
>IQ 99 (48% of people did worse than me)
>Art student
Online results are not permitted ITT, I got a score of 125 on the "most legit" one
>>
mensa doesn't mean shit
t. 132 iq loser/failure
>>
Holy shit
I got 104 on an online one
I'm retarded
>>
didn't get tested at Mensa, I underwent an IQ test and other bunch of intelligence tests when I started going to the psychologist. My results were around 126(124-128), which is good I guess considering that I have ADHD and my work memory is fucked.
On the online one I got around 140
IQ doesn't mean shit though.
>>
>>36666270
i'm eligible for triple nines based on my scores
http://www.triplenine.org/
I work in finance and did undergrad at an ivy league school
We used to say that mensa is an intelligence test, if you join, you fail
>>
>>36666270
Are they just saying that on average 48% of people would have done worse than you? I don't understand why literal retards would actually take the Mensa IQ test.
>>
>>36666270
Why are Americans so obsessed with IQ? Here people barely know what an IQ test is and no one will ever ask your score
>>
>>36666394
>http://www.triplenine.org/

went on their site, they have a tab saying "vidya"

Is this a meme?
>>
>paying to have your iq tested
That was the real test and you failed
>>
I have an IQ of 160<
school tested
>>
>>36666471
Geniuses are autistic.
>>
>>36666448
Yes, because 100 is always the average
>>36666590
Sure you do.
>>
wat do if im not smart like my mom says?
>>
>>36666471
that's the journal
it's been named that for a long ass time
>>
>>36666270

>thinking IQ actually matters

All IQ is, is a shitty way to quantify intelligence that doesn't even factor anything except logical functioning.

If you have a high IQ and are a loser then you aren't really intelligent.

>inb4 intelligent but lazy

The intelligent but lazy excuse is just an indirect way of admitting to being an idiot.
>>
>>36666375
two warnings about IQ:
1. IQ is age normalized. A 30 yo with an IQ of 130 is smarter than a 60 yo with a 130 IQ
2. IQ is fitness for general intellectual tasks. If you claim to have an IQ of 130, but sit in your mom's basement and don't produce anything of value, your claim is extraordinarily dubious
>>
Above 140. I would have had to take another, more difficult test if I wanted a more accurate result, but I didn't care enough to do it.

IIRC, above 140 means top 1 or 2 percent of the population.
>>
File: 1486457810487.png (461KB, 855x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486457810487.png
461KB, 855x620px
>>36666270
This is for you, OP.
oREEEgano
>>
>>36666270
>158 iq
>23 cm penis
>born into upperclass family
>cultural elitist, aware of sites like 4chan despite being gifted from birth
>>
>>36666270
Didn't get a Mensa test but had a test at the Psychiatrist when I was 8 or so; no idea of what the Psychiatrist was hoping to test for, my mum alludes to it being to do with my Asperger's Diagnosis.

>IQ 139 (Weschler Children's Test)
>BioChem Student

I know it's in the 2% range required for Mensa but no idea just how good it is, haven't read enough of the IQ stats to know.

Any Psych fags mind letting me know where I place?
>>
>>36667606
Rocin Tortillas?
>>
>tfw tested spatial IQ of 101, verbal IQ of 150
What the fuck does that even mean? Psych didn't dare to say what my actual IQ was since difference between dem two "hemispheres" was so fucking huge. Took the test back when I was 12 or so tho
>>
File: 1492468646155s.jpg (2KB, 125x86px) Image search: [Google]
1492468646155s.jpg
2KB, 125x86px
Took a state certified one, got a 148. Took the mensa one, got a 132. One of you fuckers is lying.
>>
Im a Mensa member, and i know a lot of others. Let me tell you something, IQ doesnt mean shit. The only thing it measures is how good you do at IQ tests, general intelligence is much more complex then logical problem solving.
>>
>>36666611
Is this irony
>>
>>36666763
>The intelligent but lazy excuse is just an indirect way of admitting to being an idiot.
No it isn't
>>
>168
>original NEET
>>
>>36666270
Is there any legit IQ tests I could take without having to leave my house or pay money?
>>
>>36669104
No.
bI0x
>>
>>36669136
Well, lame. I've never even heard of anybody getting a legitimately tested for their IQ in my country from the state or school, I guess I could take a mensa test but, meh.
>>
Yeah my IQ is 170. I'm just smart but lazy like the rest of you
Professional home security guard
>>
File: DENSA.jpg (30KB, 301x429px) Image search: [Google]
DENSA.jpg
30KB, 301x429px
>>36666394
>We used to say that mensa is an intelligence test, if you join, you fail

Think DENSA will take me?
>>
Lol at Americans and their obsession with IQ

I took the "legit" danish / norwegian online and got 124 in one and 126 in the other, so I guess my real mensa iq would hover between 95 and 105. Either way I could not give less of a fuck.

Chances are, if I take the test and get a higher than average result I'll become a self absorbed cunt who believes they're better than what they actually are. If I get an average / below average one I'll live the rest of my life believing I'm dumb until eventually my brain starts using this as an excuse for not being able to do certain tasks.

What the fuck do Mensa members even do? What's the point of the association? What's the thing in being a certified member? "Oh hey look at me I'm a Mensa member I have a high IQ!" LOL ok.
>>
>>36666270
>he thinks IQ means anything

126 here, i'm a total fuck-up who touched a girl a week ago for the first time in 4 years. i'm 25 and using this damned site too so thats a plus.
fuck off op.
>>
>>36668554
Were they using the same IQ scale / test?

A few tests use subtly different scales.
>>
>>36666270
Isn't the point of Mensa just scamming money out of people by making them feel smart and exclusive?
>>
>>36666394
>tfw 1 point less than the threshold
fml
>>
File: ddddddddddddddd.jpg (53KB, 900x515px) Image search: [Google]
ddddddddddddddd.jpg
53KB, 900x515px
> Full Scale IQ 104 (61st percentile)
> General Ability Index 112 (79th percentile)
> Diagnosed learning disability
> Chemistry Major, Math Minor (Cum Laude)
> Occupation: Technical Support

I really hate being average IQ. I know that I have potential, but my "computer" is just too slow for what I want out of life. I have friends that are very gifted and I can see a clear difference in their processing speed and power compared to mine. It is very depressing to think about. I just try to focus on the positives: I'm not dumb, and I should be able to build a nice life. I may never do anything of societal value, but I can live within my own abilities.
>>
>IQ 110
>musician (classical and flamenco guitar)

I 'm aspie and everyday is a battle to communicate with other people because I don't know how talk with people properly since I was young. My life is perfect for an aspie, I'm happy.
>>
>>36670753
Of course it is, but at least where I live, testing is free.
>>
>>36666270
The name of this test is always funny to me because "mensa" is a (female) word for stupid in Mexican Spanish.
>>
>>36666270
I'm a medical doctor currently doing residency in anesthesiology. I'm retarded but so are my peers, so it's alright.
>>
>>36666779
Oh look it's the "You don't ride bikes which means you can't ride them" argument. I sure never get tired of seeing this one.
>>
>>36666270
I have been a member for a few years, iirc 2005-2009 or something like that. Tested at 99.92%. Went to some events, had moderate fun, made few friends for life, dropped when I moved to another country and the association didn't have much else to offer to me. Nice people though.
>>
>Mental problems
>Can't act like regular human
>No emotions
>110 IQ

>>36671605
>I don't know how talk with people properly
Pathetic.
>>
>>36667606
Are you Jewish by any chance, family?
>>
File: 158.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>36666270
>Score 123.
>Was expecting something like just a bit over 90.
>Wasting my life right now trying to get things right and straight.

Everything about this planet is fucked up, there's minimal hope for anybody trying to make a living or start their lives.
>>
124, really want to redo it cuz I didn't even know I was taking an IQ test when I got the score.
IQ tests are kind of bs though, the question aren't bad but I'd be better if they just asked harder math questions. It's more impressive if someone does a buttload of 6 digit calculations in his head than some puzzles.
>>
>>36666943
if you value your time then what are you doing here, lad?
>>
>>36668872

t. intelligent but lazy idiot

seriously, you guys are so stupid that you don't even realize you're stupid, that's the worst kind of stupid.
>>
>132, tested by Menza,didn't apply tho
> steel feel like dumb shit anyway
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.