[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /r9k/ deal with their anxiety. Its at the point where

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 409.png (271KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
409.png
271KB, 600x481px
How does /r9k/ deal with their anxiety. Its at the point where i can go a day without just dying from it.
>>
We don't. That's why we are on /r9k/.
>>
>>36660743
Is there a way to cope qith it that people used?
>>
>he thinks you deal w ith it
>>
>he fell for the "fell for the dealing with your anxiety meme" meme
>>
>>36660982
I guess no way to deal with it. Its end game aint it? To just stop the feelings entirely
>>
File: 1423445312430.jpg (32KB, 555x333px) Image search: [Google]
1423445312430.jpg
32KB, 555x333px
>>36660684
>le anxiety meme
fucking normies i swear.
>>
Just choose not to be anxious, bro! :^)
>>
Friends at this point want me to get this checked at thw hospital. Its time to end it right?
>>
>>36661040

Have you tried CBD?

original
>>
>>36660684
Xanax, booze and exercise
>>
>>36661040
I don't think you can ever stop it entirely, just make it easier to deal with. You just gotta force yourself to do shit that you're not comfortable with.

I got a lot better by going to college, but there are some things that are still really fucking hard to me, like introducing myself to someone, holding conversations with people I don't know or talking on the phone. I pretty much had to accept I will always be lonely, but I'm good enough that I can at least leave the house and survive. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it took me years to get to this point.
>>
>>36661059

How old are you?

I had terrible anxiety around age 21 but it's not quite as bad now, years later. It's still there but it's not as severe.
>>
>>36661091
No i haven't tried a ything. Most ive done is start drinking
>>
>>36661109
>Be 18
Not old i know but shit fucked me up this past few months
>>
>>36661113

Alcohol can increase anxiety for a lot of people, especially the morning after (they call this phenomenon "the fear").

I would suggest either abstaining from alcohol or drinking very, very little--and not as a treatment for your anxiety.

CBD would almost certainly work much better.
>>
Xanax, scotch, have quality alone time.
>>
>>36661148
I dont drink often. I get anxiety shit everyday. I might be able to get prescription CBD
>>
File: 1393794690127.jpg (78KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1393794690127.jpg
78KB, 668x712px
>>36660684

I don't get anxiety anymore. I had it really bad when I was growing up, but now I'm a depressed, steaming pile of misery that has become apathetic.
>>
>>36661135

I hear you, man. 18 is very young and your brain isn't anywhere near fully developed...it's going to change a ton over the course of the next 7ish years.

You will very likely experience life differently. I'm 28 and it's like I'm experiencing reality so different from how I experienced it at 18...it's like, man. It's hard to explain.

But don't assume you'll always feel this way.

Also I want to warn you to be extremely careful about the pharmaceutical industry. It's corrupt to the core and full of toxic shit that will fry your brain. Pharmaceutical drugs are barely regulated, poorly-understood with respect to their mechanisms of action, and the FDA is full of shit.

CBD is infinitely safer than pretty much any pharmaceutical anxiety treatment.
>>
>>36661173

Good luck. But in some places you can just buy CBD over the counter, or buy hemp flowers that have a lot of CBD and virtually no THC.
>>
>>36660684
I stay in my room all the time and never talk to people, duh.
>>
>>36661220
Im canada and i believe its simple to get here. I know a few people that take it fro. Prescription
>>
You can get cbd on amazon
>>
>>36661294
In what countries?
>>
Anxiety is such a vague term, what do you guys mean by it?

I feel like it's like depression, it can describe a wide range of mental states, some more severe than others.

I have panic attacks, used to have them pretty frequently, where I would think I was gonna die of a heart attack or a brain tumor even though I was perfectly healthy, and I'd feel like I was going to pass out, be afraid, and start shaking all over and have trouble breathing. So that's what I think of when I think of anxiety. Which makes me kind of pissed off honestly when I see people using it to describe reactions in which normal people feel anxious. "I can't talk to girls because I have social anxiety!" Like shut the fuck up dude. My god, I know I'm getting too angry but I see this shit so much on here.
>>
>>36661274

Cool.

What you're looking for, most likely, is some preparation that has a lot of CBD but little to no THC.

Your mileage may vary; you might even find benefits from THC if you try it, in small amounts, in certain contexts. But THC gets you high, and in some people, in some contexts, at a certain dose, it can cause anxiety attacks. You very well might be one of those people. So you might not want to try THC. It's up to you but if you're dealing with major anxiety to begin with, THC might not be up your alley.

That's why I stress to get something with a lot of CBD but little to no THC.

CBD doesn't get you high (maybe a tiny bit if you take an absolutely massive dose, but really not much) but it does chill you out.
>>
>>36661477
By anxiety i mean like to the point of hyperventilating and shit. Pretty much what you mean. Constant panic attacks and shit
>>
>>36661506
What if I almost never get panic attacks because I completely avoid interacting with people, who are the main source of my anxiety? At worst, in my daily life, my heart pounds and I feel that dropping feeling in my stomach.
>>
I quit my job and got extra xanax. Gonna try to ask for daily supply and an increase in dose, or maybe ask about klonopin soon.
>>
>>36661534
Thing is i dont want to stop being with people but that does cause some of my anxiety i feel.
>>
>>36660684
I'm trying to figure out an effective way to sleep facing down while keeping my neck straight while not suffocating.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.