[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/PromGeneral/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

File: 1492896453420.jpg (70KB, 1184x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1492896453420.jpg
70KB, 1184x1126px
It's prom season where i am laddies.

Did you go to prom?
Did you try?
How was it?
Did anyine take their mom?
Rejection stories?
>>
>>36658150
my prom's coming up in a month (don't worry, not underage). no date for it. is it worth going? any advice or general counsel?
>>
Prom was almost 10 years ago.

It doesn't get better guys. It just gets lonelier and colder, and with every passing day your heart hardens a little bit more.

Make the best of it, because it only gets harder from here on out. You're in the good old days right now, even if you don't realize it.
>>
I didn't go to the prom, or any school dances. I didn't ask any girls out, and they obviously didn't ask me. I've actually never even asked a girl out even once
>>
File: 1493519643749.png (8KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
1493519643749.png
8KB, 193x261px
>>36658150
Four years ago I had my junior prom, and it was absolute shit. My date ended up hanging out with one of her friends and said friend's date while I just awkwardly hung out with one of my lesbian friends. To top it all off there was no food except for shitty generic trail mix and soda water.
>>
It started tonight at 8. I didn't try. Saw pics of people I know going to it.
>>
Did you go to prom?
No
Did you try?
No
How was it?
Friend told me it wasn't that great
Did anyone take their mom?
Not that I know of
Rejection stories?
Never had any in high school, cause I never asked, heh.
>>
>>36658150
I skipped it, saved myself the embarrassment of standing by myself.
>>
Prom was exactly a year ago today. I asked a girl who I had met only around a month beforehand. She was the first girl I talked to in that way, and also the girl I lost my virginity to. It was kind of handed to me honestly some girls told me she wanted me to go with her so all I had to do was start talking to her and eventually ask. I had never been on 4chan at that time. Now, a year later I'm at home after taking a semester off and shit sucks. Enjoy high school.
>>
>>36658341
same here, my dude. although it didn't bother me at all at the time, and it still doesn't.
>>
>>36658334

You're right that it doesn't get better. But, to be fair, it wasn't good back then, either.

I didn't go. I stayed home and played WoW, I think. That was back in 2005.
>>
>>36658150
No.

Not really my scene honestly, I figured with what it would cost to actually go to it, rent a tux and all the other costs I just told my parents to get me an iPod instead and it was a much better investment in the end.
>>
Wasn't planning on going to mine, but my group is insisting I come along. I really don't like these sort of things. I'm just the quiet kid always working on music stuff and they happen to eat lunch in the room I work at. I guess they just pity me. Am I that pathetic that I need that sort of pity?
>>
>>36658268
If you don't have a date, then no. And even if you can get one, it's really not all its hyped up to be unless you have a large group of friends going, like dancing, and are decently close with your date
>>
>>36658150
I went to prom, twice.
it was ok, I don't really see why people here obsess over it so much like it's some kind of accomplishment to go. Sometimes I wish I hadn't gone and just spent that money on something else, $100 gets you a lot of weed
>>
>>36658475
It didn't bother me either. Growing up, I was always much more interested in video games and computers than girls
>>
i went to my first prom literally 2 days ago
i woke up the next morning covered in my dates piss and with all my stuff stolen
>>
>>36658604
story time?

this board doesn't even produce any oc, fuck off. originally
>>
>>36658150
I asked a girl I was actually really into but everyone else thought wasn't that pretty. One of her friends had already set up a pity date for her to go with because she assumed no guys would ask her, so she said no. Even though I genuinely thought she was cool and wanted to go with her. Life is so unfair. I've still never had a girl say yes when I asked her out/asked her to a dance.

Oh yeah and my theatre teacher recommended I ask another girl, who also said no. On the bright side my theatre teacher got pissed the girl said no and told me the girl wasn't shit.
>>
should i go and waste money on a tux and overly priced tickets if i don't have a date (18 btw)? would go with a group of friends but no qt to call my own.
>>
>>36658727
>>36658604
>>36658515
>>36658268

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fucking yungfags get off my board
>>
File: CnIqjmFUcAA5wbz.jpg (55KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
CnIqjmFUcAA5wbz.jpg
55KB, 770x1100px
>>36658150
My prom was trash. The venue was nice but the DJ fucked up the whole night by playing the shit everyone wanted to listen and dance to at the beginning when everyone was barely coming, eating or taking prom photos. When everyone was at the dancefloor he played some gay shit that nobody was fucking with. Total fucking disaster. Most people left 2 hours before the event was even over. At least I got to have a partner for the final dance but she was meh. The party I went to right after prom was shit too. It got shut down 20 mins after I showed up.

I spent at least 500$ on that shit (tux rental, prom ticket, transportation). My problem was I came in expecting too much. Prom not as special as most people make it out to be.
>>
>>36658150
I went to my Junior prom. The girl I went with asked me to go with her
>inb4 normie
I said yes thinking she was joking with me. Weeks later, she taps me on the shoulder (she sat behind me on the bus) and tells me she bought a prom dress. This is when I realized I was actually going to have to go to prom. About 4 weeks before prom, I got my tux and everything ready and went over to her house so that her parents could take pictures of us. I'd never done anythign in my life like this before, so I stood there with my feet all the way together like a fucking moron, pale as hell skin and all, and took the photos. We then went inside for a little bit because she got some mud on her dress. while she was cleaning it, I sat and talked with her uncle about fucking marching band or something, I can't really remember. He was quite the character though. We then left her house and she told me that the uncle i was talking to had been both shot and stabbed before
>badass.jpeg
We went to my house for pictures with my family next
>she drove because i was too retarded/lazy to get my license at this point
>she had a mustang though so it was alright
after pictures at my house, we went to meet up with our friend group who was also going to prom at our towns only fancy restaurant. More pictures on its patio. we ate dinner and then took more pictures by a fountain nearby. after dinner, we (she) drove to prom at the town golf club. it was packed and hot as hell inside, but very nice and peaceful on its deck, so we hung out there with others for a little bit.

She then proceeds to disappear for a decent portion of the night to hang out with friends and stuff, leaving me to sit with my other friends for a while. i dont really see her much throughout the night. however, we did slow dance (my first time doing this with a girl) earlier on the patio.
>i got an enormous boner than poked out quite a bit, idk if she noticed
we then leave prom and go to a friends house for a party

cont.
>>
File: 1472149324229.png (216KB, 773x645px) Image search: [Google]
1472149324229.png
216KB, 773x645px
>>36659413
at this "party" we just stood around for a while talking and drinking not alcohol. after maybe 45 minutes, we left because she had to be home by 12:00. we get to her house and her mom takes me home, she tags along
at my house:
>"anon, do you want me to walk you to your door?"
>this is my chance to kiss her
>"no thanks, oneitis, i think i can find it myself"
>what the fuck did i just say
proceed to get out of the car and walk myself into my house alone. I go into the basement and take the damn tux off and watch television with my brother.

and thats that. it was a waste of time and money, ultimately leading to disappointment. glad i didnt go to senior prom.

pic fucking related god damnit
>>
>>36658150
>Did you go to prom?
No, I didnt't try to get a date I got really depressed m last semester of highschool for some reason and never bothered with prom prior my friends stagged but they never invited me. Infact they stopped talking to me
>Did you try?
Nope. I stayed home shitposted and played TF2
>How was it?
Nothing special but the after party was in the hood and a gangmember attempted to shoot up the place
>Did anyone take their mom?
Idk
>Rejection stories?
I got rejected and NTR'd so much through highschool I stopped caring by the time prom rolled around
>>
>>36658150
I only went to prevent myself from committing suicide in the future.
>>
File: 9_Gunshin.jpg (80KB, 740x563px) Image search: [Google]
9_Gunshin.jpg
80KB, 740x563px
>>36658150
It was years ago, I didn't go. The ticket itself cost $100, which was already more than I was willing to pay to wear a suit and listen to shitty gangster music for hours.

I stayed home, got drunk and high, and played WoW

>>36658533
>$100 gets you a lot of weed
fucking this
>>
>>36658150
A few months before my prom I asked the girl I like, who is also my best, and only friend to prom over text. She said sure. During prom, we hardly talked and I ended up sitting alone most of the time before finally leaving. I regret going.
>>
>>36658514
>rent a tux
Was yours really a black tie affair?
>>
>>36658150
I'm definetely going to prom, I'm taking my gun to the prom, it will be grate
>>
>>36658268
You should totally go man. What's the problem, don't have a girl? Me and the boys have got you covered, man. Just chill with us and we'll find you a hot babe or two, you never know when everyone's blasted out their fuckin minds, bro
>>
File: 500.png (207KB, 1219x555px) Image search: [Google]
500.png
207KB, 1219x555px
>>36660001
you do know FBI, NSA, and CIA monitor 4chan for obvious reasons and especially /pol/ and /r9k/, right? If they're not actively monitoring, they are definitely archiving and skimming everything with algorithms each day

I'm pretty sure /r9k/ already had a happening which authorities failed to prevent

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Chris_Harper-Mercer
>>
>>36658150
>Didn't go
>Didn't try and didn't want to
>Never been rejected because I never asked anyone
I just don't see the point in dating or going to dances like that; seems like a waste of time to me.
>>
File: 1492644897493.jpg (220KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1492644897493.jpg
220KB, 1366x2048px
>>36658268
this is probably the best advice
>>36658518

If you pay over a hundred dollars to show up in a tux without a girl, you're a cuck. Expect nigger beats and shitty mainstream music to be played, no one will know how to dance. If you don't have any friends, you're going to be sitting alone. And if you do, do you want to sit there by yourself if they brought dates? And if none of you have dates, why the fuck are you all there instead of playing video games at home together or some shit? The Chads will laugh at you.

Basically, you need to pretty much be a normie to go.
>>
>ask oneitis to go
>says no because she is literally dating a skeleton commie
>okthen
>prom night comes
>get really really really really high with friend
>go bowling
>see people from work while bowling
>ohfuck
>score 40 in first set
>excuse self
>go sleep in woods
>wake up next morning to cop poking me with nightstick
>talk way out of it and walk six miles home

good prom t b h
>>
File: confused-man.jpg (217KB, 925x572px) Image search: [Google]
confused-man.jpg
217KB, 925x572px
What's so special about prom anyways?
You see the same people on a regular basis and prom's just you people spending a night listening to shit music and dancing like idiots while wearing suits and dresses
What's so special about that?
>>
File: Grimmer_smile.png (101KB, 373x284px) Image search: [Google]
Grimmer_smile.png
101KB, 373x284px
>>36660771
It's a chance for the school and a fuck ton of businesses to make a years worth of profit in one night.

It's such a genius thing to do and no one even notices it.
>>
>>36660922
You just made my cynical viewpoint toward prom even more cynical.
Good for you
>>
>>36658150
I never went to prom or any other school dance. My parents pressured me slightly ("why not go? you'll never have this opportunity again" etc), so did a few people I barely even knew. I find it bizarre how much emphasis is placed on proms. I didn't want to go and I don't regret not going because I still wouldn't want to go today because of muh social anxiety. Also fuck loud music and dancing, that's not fun to me.
>>
>>36658150
I went to one because someone told me a girl liked me and she wanted to go with me. so i asked her and went dated for a week then went to prom, I got dumped a few days later
>>
>>36661514
also it turned out she only liked me because of my hair. I was an emo/gothfag back then
>>
>>36658150
In 10th grade a girl asked me to a dance. It wasn't a good time. After that I knew there was no chance I was going to prom. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>36658150
i don't go to school, last year i was still in school and nobody asked me. didn't even go there
>>
File: x1dyAq8 (1).jpg (41KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
x1dyAq8 (1).jpg
41KB, 512x384px
>>36658268
I was going to tell you you should go to prom if you have any friends asking you to, because I was planning on it.

>>36660406
... but this robot changed my mind with the "Do you want to sit there by yourself if they brought dates?" I just now realized ALL of my friends telling me to go to prom ("its gonna be the best night of your life!") ALL have prom dates.

Now I'm not even gonna bother with spending minimum 150$ on tux rental and 50$ for prom ticket. Still gonna go to the after parties and get wasted hopefully.
>>
>>36661735
95% of the time I'm invited somewhere with family/friends, they end up ditching me because they THINK that I came for the event/location where in reality I came to hang out with them. So it always ends up with them leaving me in a corner somewhere as I sit there for the next 3 hours thinking about much I want to be home, until they are done as they are usually my ride.
>>
>>36658150
>Did you go to prom?
nope
>Did you try?
nope
>How was it?
N/A
>Did anyine take their mom?
nope
>Rejection stories?
can't get rejected if you never ask :)
>>
File: MittRomneyHugeLaughLittleFace.jpg (22KB, 512x362px) Image search: [Google]
MittRomneyHugeLaughLittleFace.jpg
22KB, 512x362px
>mfw instead of going to prom im having a star trek marathon
>>
>>36658150
I went because in my school if you were too beta to get a d8 they just arranged one for you so everyone would go to prom. I got rejected by a lot of girls including my oneitis. it really fucked me up. my self esteem just died
>>
>>36658150
mine's in 2 weeks
I'm lucky that nobody cares about having a date or shit, that's pretty rare in fact

don't have a lot of expectations just going to get wasted with the boys
>>
>>36662048
>school assigns you a date
What country is this?
I wish I got assigned a date. Everyone at my school hated me
>>
>>36658150
Of course I didn't go to my prom. Bought a bunch of beer and spent the time shitposting and playing vidya. Didn't go to my graduation ceremony either, for that matter.

>>36662403
Why would you want an assigned date? What joy is there in going with someone who hates being there with you?
>>
Did you go to prom?
Yes

Did you try?
Yes

How was it?
Boring. The food catering service was shitty too.

Did anyone take their mom?
No.

Rejection stories?
I was too scared to talk to a girl so my prom date was my best friend's.

I also remember the one kid in the class with literal aspergers took a popular girl to prom. She bragged about her kind deed for weeks.
>>
I didn't go to prom. No one in my circle invited me.
>>
I never went to my prom in HS.
>>
>>36662403
jolly old Slovenia
>>
File: salt water.jpg (40KB, 355x417px) Image search: [Google]
salt water.jpg
40KB, 355x417px
>No-one asked me if I wanted to go with them
>Couple of my friends went, other two pals were away on holiday
>Spent prom night playing warcraft, drinking up to my eyeballs
>Fell asleep in my chair, woken up by my mum at 5 in the afternoon the following day

Was a good night
>>
File: 1492818765320.png (114KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
1492818765320.png
114KB, 500x488px
>>36658150
It was actually magical I danced with my dream girl and we were awful at slow dancing but we shared digits and said goodbye as our friends went their ways

>like a goddamned movie
>>
>>36662471
>The food catering service was shitty too.
YOU HAD FOOD!?!? mine would of been so much better if I could of stuffed my face
>>
File: _20170415_131629.jpg (156KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
_20170415_131629.jpg
156KB, 800x900px
>be me autistic chill dude
>not a loser,but still known as a weirdo
>one of the hottest girls is free
>her friend comescup to me with her
>"hey anon you know? this girl is free too"
>i just say "cool,me too" and continue watching youtube shit
>went to prom alone
>only later did i realise i fucked up
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.