[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irrational Fears

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1 EVuPHdvD0STjJs-7Jeljkg.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1 EVuPHdvD0STjJs-7Jeljkg.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>Be me, 19 and NEET
>Have fear of driving
>Debilitating panic attacks when sitting in driver's seat
>Parents disappointed in me
>mfw
>>
>>36655919
>fear of shitting self for no reason
>dont eat before class/work/driving because so
>also never eat out
>>
File: 1462821982231jpg.0.jpg (34KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1462821982231jpg.0.jpg
34KB, 512x288px
Fear of encountering people on the street and they suddenly asking "what you've been up to wich University you studying?

Been Neet since 2014
>>
File: despair_by_applebeans-da1y0kx.jpg (73KB, 900x432px) Image search: [Google]
despair_by_applebeans-da1y0kx.jpg
73KB, 900x432px
>>36655919
>terrified of carnival rides

I had a near death experience at the county fair when I was a kid. I'll still go on rides if they're low to the ground, but I've been afraid of heights ever since.
>>
>>36656395
I almost died on a carnival ride once. The bar slipped up, but my uncle held me down until the ride stopped. He yelled at the carny after.
>>
>>36656435

I have a rule for amusement park rides. If they don't stay in one place (I.E. Cedar Point), fuck them.
>>
File: fuck this ride.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this ride.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
>>36656435
Sounds horrible, what ride was it?

I went on this one and there was only one seat left. My seal belt was really loose and it wouldn't adjust, then the ride started before I could say anything.

I had to grip my seat belt for dear life so I wouldn't fall out as it whipped me around like a ragdoll. Haven't been on it since.
>>
I can't take pills no matter how small they are, too afraid of choking.
>>
>Crippling fear of rabies
>Genuine panic attacks every time I find a scratch or scrape I can't remember getting
>Can't even let dogs lick my face without getting uncomfortable

>Last year I found a bat in my apartment
>>
>>36657206

I'm scared of rabies too. My family has this notion that if you get rabies, you could just get a rabies shot. Nope. It's all over if you're bitten by an infected animal.
>>
>>36657412
There have been certain cases where the someone was bitten and lived to see another day. One method I think is putting the victim into a deep sleep and letting the body try to deal with the problem; the success rate of that is probably relatively low though and who knows what the side effects are.
>>
>>36655919
driving is a legit fear desu. ive been in 2 wrecks. i panic like fuck behind the wheel these days
>>
>>36657555
Milwaukee protocol has only been successful like 4 times ever, almost everyone who progresses to acute rabies infection is guaranteed to die a horrifying death
And a rabies vaccine can prevent acute infection as long as its given within 24 hours of the bite, so its not a death sentence unless you ignore medical treatment
>>
>>36657412

Depending on where you got bitten. Rabies doesn't enter the bloodstream, it climbs its way to your brainstem through your nervous system over the course of several days to a few weeks. As long as you get the vaccine before the virus crosses into your brain your body can mount a defense.

But your larger point is true. Even if you were able to convince a doctor to attempt the Milwaukee Protocol, it only has a 14% success rate. And everyone who has survived because of the Milwaukee Protocol suffered severe, in some cases irreparable brain damage.
>>
>>36657576

How am I supposed to be able to get a job if a can't drive? I don't live in a big city, so there is no public transportation other than a cab from the city. Family refuses to drive me because I'm over 18.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.