[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else just worry about something all the fucking time?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Does anyone else just worry about something all the fucking time? I always have something I worry about on my brain. All kinds of stupid shit which doesnt even mean a shit. I find it hard to enjoy anything since my brain is always worrying about something, I don't know how to relax. I haven't felt "bored" for a long time since my brain always has something going on. Always.

What the hell is wrong with me, why do I need to worry about literally almost everything, I am always either ruminating inside my brain or just checking did I do something or is everything okay or did I forget something and all kinds of shit.

It feels like I am a prisoner of my own brain, it's always screaming that something is wrong when nothing is wrong. Fuck my life
>>
File: jcdd.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jcdd.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>36650625
My brother I have been in mind-hell all my life and the ONLY thing that has ever worked even a little bit is sincere and continuous meditation. I sit for 45min every single day in front of a wall and it makes me a tiny bit better, just barely enough to keep on going. If you go down this road, remember that posture matters and that the state of your body affects the state of your mind.
>>
File: homelessman.jpg (214KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
homelessman.jpg
214KB, 675x900px
>>36650801
I probably shouldn't judge before trying but it just sounds a bad idea for me, it's just that it feels like waste of time for me and it's worst when I don't do anything. I should probably try, but it feels like I just am constantly in my head with these thoughts and can't even think clearly and I am always stressed out.

It's like constant brain fog for me and all I can see is my dumb as fuck thoughts and can't really focus on "real world". I dont feel depressed but mentally exhausted of this but can't stop. It's like a constant losing battle against my own brain
>>
>>36651119
I know exactly what you mean, incidentally so do most people to some degree. But for me the problem was so unmanageable that I was literally forced to make the confrontation and find some way of fixing myself. I can tell you that I'm 120% sure that zazen-style meditation will ''''work'''' for you, but as long as there is any way for you to go on without confronting your problems then that's the way you'll probably go.
>>
You might have an anxiety disorder
>>
>>36651430
Might be, but not diagnosed anything officially so can't say anything. I know self-diagnosing is dumb and while I indeed can't be sure, going by descriptions its like i got a hybrid of general anxiety and OCD, im constantly worried about everything or i have to check everything again and again.

One common example of situation involving physical compulsions I can think of is that when I am walking somewhere, I check that I have my phone, wallet, keys etc. with me, but my brain doesnt believe it leading to worrying state and it doesnt take more than 5 seconds im checking everything again and it's like a constant loop hard to break out of. Probably I look dumb as fuck when walking and I am constantly checking I got everything with me.

It's always either I am worrying about something in my brain or doing my compulsions, it seems like i have a low-level anxiety state all the time. I don't know what I have but I know something is wrong with me, I dont believe its normal to be like this. Of course there are some "good days" but most of the time it's being bombarded by my thoughts and not being able to enjoy many things or do something I want to

>>36651405
I guess I should really give a try, but how do you even "meditate", I honestly don't know. What are you supposed to even think about during it, all I can imagine it would be just worrying and worrying for me, about something, sometimes not even knowing about what.
>>
>>36650625
I know that feel, I'm like this too. I can only think of bad stuff, anxiety is killing me and it's getting worse. Lately I feel like I'm not living...I feel half dead, and my living side is constantly worrying about everything.
When people talk to me they often ask me "are you alright? You look thoughtful" and I have to come up with something to say because I was just worrying about some stupid things.
>>
>>36652003
There are lots of instructions online. You can pick something that sounds good to you. Meditation is just another way to work. If we accept that working by thinking and arguing with ourselves in thought doesn't really work all that great, then we should be open to meditation.

Some things to try:
>count your breath 1-10, when you become aware of your mind wandering, begin again on 1.
>watch/follow your breath, returning when wandering
>just sit still

It really is necessary to sit in an upright posture, and to sit still.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.