[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Defence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
How do you robots defend yourself?

Do you have guns? Knives or swords? Any other weapons? Pepper sprays or tazers?

Do you have body armor?

Have you practiced any martial arts?

What about you eurobots?
>>
i defend myself by never leaving the house
>>
>>36645080
Why should I defend myself? If someone tries to kill me I'd be eternally grateful
>>
I defend myself by living in and working in secure areas in which I can trust that I am reasonably safe

That being said I completely understand the viewpoint of those who choose to carry weapons or do not have the ability to feel as safe as I can in their lives
>>
I run, screech, and blow my rape whistle
>>
>>36645080
> swords
> body armour
> martial arts
> studying the blade
The meme writes itself
>>
>>36645080
Eastern Eurobot here, I train Archery.
>>
Robot with bonus no mental activity

I don't, I did once, now I just stay silent
>>
That's a pretty sweet setup fatty has. He can chop up food twice as fast and never has to put down the knife.

I keep a shotgun between the bed and wall, handgun in nightstand and desk. My dick is pretty big though so I expect the bulge to scare any ne'erdowells off.
>>
>>36645080
Eurobot here, I'm considering getting a sword for home defense. Maybe even an antique original so it's something worth hanging on the wall.
>>
>>36645080
My best defence is not going to places which put me in danger, well, at least not if I can help it.

I used to carry around a switchblade but I almost got nicked with it a couple of months ago so now I'm a bit more inconspicuous with my weapons. A roll of quarters, keys between my knuckles, I carry a small brick when I go to the gym because it's in a rougher area.

I've never had to use them and I doubt I'll ever have to, which is fine by me, but they're there if I need them. Better then nothing I suppose.
>>
>>36645319
Underaged newfag detected. Fuck of to redit, normie.
>>
>What about you eurobots?

Being fit, so I can have enough stamina to run away. Being smart so that I won't get into trouble in the first place. Being rich enough not to live in shitty areas, though we don't have a lot of those here anyway.
>>
>>36645080
my face. people don't even dare look at me
>>
>>36645080
I have a machete that I use for parts of the lawn that are thick as fuck and a mosin nagant and pistol. Hopefully one day I can own an AK-74.
>>
>>36645277

Get a hunting shotgun if you are THAT desperate.

Of course it depends on which country you live in. Some are so cucked they won't even allow you to get one.
>>
File: 73c.png (55KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
73c.png
55KB, 330x330px
>>36645342
No
Sorry I don't go walking around ghettos with a zweihander.
>>
>>36645080
I defend myself by looking ugly and poor.

PROTIP: be actually ugly and poor so you will be protected all the time.
>>
>>36645080
For what purpose?
You don't actually believe that something bad happens here?
I live in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, even our poor people have class.
>>
File: black belt.webm (1MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
black belt.webm
1MB, 460x258px
>>36645080
>Have you practiced any martial arts?

Judo, Jiu Jitsu, McDojo Karate, Choy Li Fut, Wing Chun, and Boxing.

Guns are a meme though because mechanically speaking lots of things can go wrong, you can not unholster in time, you can leave the safety on, you can drop it from your hands, you will run out of bullets or not have any bullets in it to begin with, etc. If you leave it loaded underneath your car seat or between two pillow with the safety off then your kid can blow his brains out by accident, etc.

Same thing with knives and pepper spray and everything else. once you're disarmed you shouldn't be defenseless.

That's why learning unarmed self-defense is essential.
>>
>>36645080
Best def is being aware of your surroundings, I also CCW but I avoid conflict or potential conflict if I can I did martial arts and boxing for 10 years while I was in the military but fighting is not a guarantee
>>
>>36645582
>I live in one of the wealthiest countries in the world
>lol people actually think something bad will happen to them?
Really roasts my chestnuts on an open fire. Let me guess, Switzerland?
>>
>>36645080
I don't because I want to die.
>>
>>36645625
Enjoy your roasted chestnuts, that's correct.
>>
>>36645436
>he doesn't stash dual katanas in his trench coat
pleb
>>
European here, so my self-dence options are severly limited.
I carry a quality multitool with a large, easily accessible knife attached to my belt every time I go outside. It's legal in my country, but not everywhere in Europe. I carry a telescopic baton in my bag every time I go outside. It's kind of legal, more of a grey area and I wouldn't exactly want to be caught with it. I have a blackpowder revolver in my apartment, obtained legally.

I was beaten once by a band of football hooligans, while some whores that were with them tried to steal my wallet and phone. Managed to keep my property, but got punched and kicked in the face instead. Afterwards I bought the baton, multitool and revolver.
I had to defend myself once against an aggressive drunk. Popped the baton out and his friend caught him and calmed him down. I often thought that I would have no propblem with killing someone that attacked me, but I was glad the situation resolved itself non-violently. I was all shaky during the confrontation.
>>
>>36645642
I personally prefer honey roasted but I like chestnuts too. Also doesn't Switzerland have high gun ownership?
>>
>>36645614

You could try not being a slow piece of shit, I draw from appendix carry faster than I can bust out some 70's karate film moves. Guns are made without safeties or they can be holstered without it on. It's easy to remember to buy bullets so you never run out. I don't let kids go snooping through my car or bedroom.

It sounds like you are trying very hard for reasons not to own a gun. My unarmed self defense is hauling ass away from the threat. That's why guns are so great. You can shoot the bad person then haul ass. Flopping around like it's Street Fighter will never be as lethal, you can't button mash irl.
>>
File: nigga that was edgy af.jpg (50KB, 355x266px) Image search: [Google]
nigga that was edgy af.jpg
50KB, 355x266px
Rage is all I have
>>
I have OC and CS chemical spray, a few guns and bulletproof vest(handgun rated only) but the vest is for work so I don't wear it much. Plus it gets hot as a motherfucker when I wear it.
>>
>>36645614
>guns are a meme
Like your autistic flopping would actually do shit to someone who will shoot your ass. Martial arts on some level and gun knowledge/discipline are both important self defense skills to have. And if you let your kids get to your gun(s) without your permission or supervision then you seriously shouldn't have any at all. Most of the accidental gun deaths involve people being retarded and trying to be a gangsta then shooting their friend or themselves.
>>
>>36645855
What's your job? Security guard?
>>
>>36645714
Yeah, but why do the people own the guns?
What do they do with the guns?
Guns are a glorified toy, you shoot at targets and wild animals (read you grab your rifle, head into forest with some friends, sit down and get blackout drunk).

Also, people who break into houses here have the dignity or rather the intelligence to wait until there is nobody home. Everything that doesn't happen inside your home is irrelevant, because what the fuck do I care if some kid wants my phone, they can have it.
It's not like that's a lot of money and it's not like that actually happens.
>>
>>36645319

A roll of quarters is damn impressive. I saw a nig one-shot this other nig using it. It got me thinking. You see all these gimmicky sword belts, tactical baseball caps, taser phone cases, keychain pressure pointers. Why not a vape? I'm going to sell tungsten vape mods. See someone saying atheists are dumb? Pow! Send 'em reeling with over 1 kg of dense ass metal and hamfists. Afterward you can stand over them, take a long drag, and quote 'Heh. Smoked ya', kid'.

Think there's a market for it?
>>
File: 1493028842328.png (148KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493028842328.png
148KB, 512x512px
>>36645948
>Heh. Smoked ya', kid
>not Get Smoked
>>
File: no comment.gif (1MB, 225x199px) Image search: [Google]
no comment.gif
1MB, 225x199px
>>36645760
>>36645877

I never said that guns were bad, you "triggered" Americans. You can shoot things and people from a safe distance and that's good.

They can still fail though.

Relying entirely on guns like you Americans do is like taking a jet-ski or boat everywhere and not knowing how to swim.
>>
>>36645934

Because toys are fun. What's so hard to get about that? They have a rich history, lots of fun autismal numbers and mechanisms, and a good degree of skill involved. Have you ever had venison or duck?

Maybe you're lucky with your criminals, but the one's everywhere else enjoy hurting people. They rob, rape, and attack people for no reason other than to be a bad person.
>>
>>36645614
Fuck off to >>>/x/ you fucking autist.
>>running out of bullets
>>not having any on you
Are you retarded? A responsible gun owner has his guns on him, and ammo too. Most confrontations with guns are short and sweet- unless you get caught in a literal gang war there is no reason to run out of bullets if you know how to use your gun.
>>mechanical problems
Dumfuck brainlet just carry a reliable weapon
>>slow response time
Practice you idiot! And even then, most of the time when you get robbed or are in another scenario where a gun is used against you, they think you don't have a gun.
>>dropping the gun out of your hands
Ok fair enough but a trained and responsible gun owner usually ends a confrontation before there's a chance- but that could happen I guess.
>>leavin it under your pillow
First of all teach your kid gun safety- easy. Your kid should know where the guns are kept but he can't get to them. A house alarm should be set so you don't have to keep your gun where anyone can get- just where you can in a pinch.
>>leaving the safety on
More retarded words...just fucking undo the safety on the gun you own
>>unarmed self defense is essential
Yeah I know
>>
>>36645080
desu would propably run away, im not sportsman but my adrenaline can hit very hard, im also have long legs
>>
>>36645934
Must be a country thing. Switzerland has wealth, a strong natural defense where mountains are everywhere, and it doesn't have to deal with the EU's bullshit (as in not being a member, I'm excluding trade agreements). Thus crime isn't really going to be a thing and the crime that does happen is usually petty stuff. Must be pretty comfy there actually.
>>
>>36646006

Guns can fail, but it's less likely to fail than your body unless you get some shitty saturday night special. If I had to be dropped into the middle of a lake not knowing hot to swim then fuck yeah I'd rather have a boat with me. I don't have time to learn how to 1v8 criminals. No matter how hard I train a gun will always be the more useful tool in such a situation. your silly reasons for not owning a gun make you look like a paranoid yurocuck. I know swishers have guns, so you should be able to come up with something better than 'but u culd run out of da booilts if you don't buy ne'.
>>
>>36646006
No fucktard most of the population that owns guns are capable of physically defending themselves, but why leave it to chance? Are you this much of a retarded (lord4giveme) nigger to not understand?
>>
I carry a butterknife
>>
my fedora has a hidden chakram in it
>>
>>36646006
Pretty much all of those "problems" you keep talking about are easily able to be fixed. Not being a dumbass and not buying shit weapons from Chinese sweatshops pretty much eliminate any potential for weapons failure unless you're, as I said before, being retarded with it or using a weapon of shit quality.
>>
>>36646063
>They rob, rape, and attack people for no reason other than to be a bad person.
You are very naive, it must be nice to have such a black and white view of the world.

>>36646135
Basically people here are not subhumans, unlike Americans. Availability definitely plays into violent crime, but it's not the only factor.
The US would do well with draconian gun legislation.

>>36646084
A responsible gun owner does not carry a deadly weapon to "defend themselves".
Stop telling yourself lies.
>>
>>36645080
I'll just use whatever is next to me. Physical defense isn't a high priority for me right now- I know I can grab whatever is lying around, use it and trust my limbs to do the rest. If I really needed to I could take off my belt and punch with the buckle.
>>
>>36646084

I disagree on the guns where kids can't get to them. They should be accessible. What if a kid needs to get them? It is different here because I was shooting before I was even 10, but we didn't use gun safes. There was a glass cabinet in the living room, a few in the closet, and another small one hidden in each room. I knew where each one was and how to use it in case a bad guy ever drove down the dirt roads to rob our shitty trailer in particular. We knew better than to shoot ourself or each other because even an accidental mishandling of a gun meant an ass whooping.
>>
>>36646245
You're going far against logic to defend your completely retarded opinion you blue pilled brainwashed troglodyte. Responsible gun owners carry guns to protect themselves and others. I would say kys cuck so you don't get to breed but you're on r9k
>>
>>36645080
i do not life in a third world like country
>>
>>36646245

It's actually kind of shitty. Why don't you share the true reason if you know? I've been attacked more than once and can't come up with any good reasons for it, so they must be doing it to be a shitty person. I'm a good person and don't attack people because I don't want to be a shitty person. It's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>36646245
>A responsible gun owner does not carry a deadly weapon to "defend themselves".

Ha! Good one, please give us more of your yurocuck expertise on weapons.
>>
>>36646282
I think that guy was referring more to younger kids- maybe it can very, though? For example if you have a clinically diagnosed depressed child or something of the sort, even if they're 16 or whatever, I wouldn't want guns where they could get to it. And I don't want my younger kids to be able to use it. It may just vary depending on the specific people in it.
>>
>>36646245
>US would do well with draconian gun legislation
That would backfire so hard. There's almost as much guns in the US as there is the entire population of the country, with around 8-10 million more people. That's over 300 something million guns. If outlawing alcohol and drugs didn't work then that sure as fuck would fail and be a complete waste of time.
>inb4 lel subhumans
Not all countries can be a safe haven for bankers anon, no shit crime wouldn't be a thing there.
>>
Cary a small fold out knife in my daily cary. Upgrading to a gun is a bit harder in Canada but I will do it.

I live in a very nice town that barley has to use it's police and ambulance system, and the firefighters are all volunteer (besides the higher ups). I just have clasical robot paranoia.
>>
File: fefe.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
fefe.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
>>36645390
Unfortunately, you have a 2% chance of "ALOHA SNACKBARRRRR" at any given second wherever you go, Eurocuck :^)
>>
I'm armed to the teeth. I've got blunt and sharp, improvised and manufactured for the purpose of violence. I like to switch it up and use unique and funny weapons when I get the chance.

I also have a Smith and Wesson 547. A+ shootin iron, partner
>>
Hello FBI. I possess a vast stockpile of legally compliant firearms because I have an autistic obsession with them, but I have absolutely 0 intent to use these for anything other than self defense or on the range.
>>
i am a russian

i have vintage AK-47 under my bed
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.