[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fwends? How?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do you make friends as a adult?

I had the same friends since highschool and most turned away on me eventually after getting girlfriends or married.
The final friend I had remaining died years ago.
Sometimes I still play tabletop RPGs alone and pretend they are there.
I've met many people but can't form any bonds since I don't drink or do drugs.
No one is down with tabletop rpgs where I live.
Attempting to hang out is just as awkward if not more than dating.
I can't get a girlfriend either but that's miles away from where I am now.
I can't even make a real friend.
Everyone seems so fake like it's highschool all over again. My parents died I don't even have them anymore.
In all honesty 4chan has been my friend substitute even though you guys either ignore me completely the rare times I post or call me a fag. Don't know about this board very new to it but I get suggested here all the time.

tldr;
how to make friends as a adult?
do you have friends still?
whats it like to have a real friend? I am forgetting those feels.
>>
>>36638592
i'll be your friend anon and help you get on the path to happiness

my discord is grink#5210 if you'd like to talk
>>
>>36638592
do you require real life friends or would online friends suffice?
let's play tabletop rpg online.
i have never played before but i have wanted to learn for a while now.
everyone who's into it got started in high school with their fun group of d&d nerds and i'm too intimidated by their years of experience to try and join something in real life (and too shy).
>>
>>36638592
Let me say, this is a good thread.
I am really getting the feels from this.
Same situation. I have only one real friend and if he dies or finds a girlfriend and leaves, then I am gonna be lost.
Same thing like the tabletop rpgs, I sometimes imagine not being so alone.
Hanging out is awkward, I can not even find someone to hang out. Normally I do not appear to be shy, but that is just how I behave. My problem is, that I can not approach someone in the first place.
Life seems fake, everything seems and feels fake. The only joy I have comes from things that I do for myself and just for myself only. Things like puzzling, programming, reading shit on this board or x and g.
>>
>>36638628
>>36638680
i hate to say it but i think i'm too shy for even that. ffs i'm a grown man now.
but i've been absolutely alone save for various work.
which is weird considering i'm very friendly and talkative to customers or whatever. but i lost who i was completely.
i didnt really realize this til now but then again its very late where i am maybe had i started the thread in the daytime id be up to actually physically talk.

that be kind of cool though to set up cams and have someone have the actual table setup.
>>
>>36638772
>i didnt really realize this til now but then again its very late where i am maybe had i started the thread in the daytime id be up to actually physically talk.
it's actually 7:30am where i am and i have been up all night so i wasn't thinking of doing anything right at this moment either.

>that be kind of cool though to set up cams and have someone have the actual table setup.
i was thinking of using something like this
https://roll20.net/

i am too shy for cams and don't know if i could even deal with mic (though i could try if necessary). i would be happy to just watch a game with people who know how to play at first.

but i am serious, if you are up for it.
anyone else interested in trying to get something like this started?
>>
>>36638592
what >>36638680 asked, online or irl friends? both are possible, i've been friends with someone for 9 years now online, we never saw each other, we don't know each others name, only country of origin, it's pretty comfy
online your best shot is discord or MMORPGs with real people in it, like WoW, ESO and idk what else (vanilla, wotlk, BC, etc., join a clan, level with someone, PvP brings people together easily)
irl... well you want to find people who aren't outgoing, right? it's nearly impossible to find people who don't go out lol
try joining some kind of clubs that you are interested in, like paintball, shooting range, archery, whatever you like
or just meet them online and maybe meet up later on
and open up, say what's on your mind, what do you think, your opinion, etc.. I fell into this rabbit hole where i just gave up on talking and found myself hardly befriending anyone anymore

i just think back of my 13yo self where i wouldn't shut up, now i'm 21 and barely say a word, it's so damn sad
>>
>>36638592
No clue how to make friends anon. I have 2 people that know I exist that contact me every so many months to see if I'm still alive.
>>
>>36638767

right. to me it feels like im asking a girl on a date if i ask a guy to hangout then im afraid it sound gay.
i've completely fallen from whoever i was cause its not like i havnt had relationships.
but through the course of time i just realized i dont even talk to anyone anymore at least not as who i really am.
so many betrayals and death its hard to even want to invest in it.
but i miss it even though i dont even know what it really means anymore to have a friend.
5 or so years of blank dead emotion since i lost everyone.
not usually emotional at all. i guess its true if you think about it too much and dwell then the depression hits.
wasn't even aware this life was that depressing but holy fuck i guess that is pretty depressing.

>>36638853

yeah i come from the old days of IRC so mics and live cams are very weird to me.

>>36638861

i use to play mmorpgs but i lost the freedom of time. those were the days...
>>
>>36638912
So it's distrust, huh? You'll have to try to see people from a different perspective and remember they are human too, like you
Try to find someone who gives off a "vibe", you know what I mean? I come across people like this extremely rarely, but they exist, so just start searching somewhere that's within your interests. If you find one, don't fucking let him/her go.
>>
>>36638912
"Wanna grab a beer?", "Wanna go out for a smoke?", "Wanna go and get something to eat?". It's not gay to ask a friend to hang out, but you just gotta do it in the form of a small activity.

I spent more than a year being alone at home, then one day i texted an old friend of mine "Hey, would you like to go out and have a cigarette?", and he said of course he'll have a cigarette with me. Then we went out for a couple of hours and just talked and walked around our small town like we used to do back in high school.
>>
I want friends too
I spend my time learning web dev and looking at cute animals
and being depressed
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.