[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once I finish creating my video game and it succeeds I won't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: ash.jpg (18KB, 620x478px) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
18KB, 620x478px
Once I finish creating my video game and it succeeds I won't be a robot anymore.

All those years, every second I ever spent on a video game will have truly meant something instead of being a waste. My family will be proud of me instead of disappointed. I'll make friends, I'll make connections, I'll have a twitter and when I post some dumb personal thoughts tons of people will reply and I'll be part of humanity for the first time. Everything will be ok.
>>
Tell me about this game, I'm interested. Is it a fantasy RPG?
>>
>>36635350
It's a fantasy action rpg, I don't know if you consider that as different.
>>
Well, that's more like Witcher and Dragon Age right? That's what I think of when action RPG is brought up. I guess, the alternative would be turn-based RPG.
>>
>>36635402
It plays more like zelda, it's pixelshit
>>
>>36635413
That's pretty much 2D Witcher and Dragon Age, but yeah, I get you. Age of Nintendo. I played those mostly in web games than video games. You bring anything different to the stage, pal? Any cool lore? Are the characters cute?
>>
>>36635342

The only good thing I see in that is developing your skill. The friends will be fake, attracted to money like flies to shit.
>>
>>36635441
It's not about a bunch of teenagers on an over the top quest to save the world, it's more grounded.

It's essentially a dungeon crawler with elements of life sim games like harvest moon and stardew valley. Not in that you farm but in that you have a place that's home.

You have a main hub town and in it is the adventurer's guild. You pick your class and then choose a dungeon to explore, the available dungeons change depending on the time of year and what you've unlocked. When you're in the dungeon you find items for your class or for the other classes that you're not currently playing, but may want to play later. You can use the money and treasures to invest in your town and build it from a small village to an important city.

The dungeons are more like big labyrinths with traps and monsters like gauntlet rather than puzzle based like zelda.

I have a bunch of characters planned out for the town, shops, tavern etc. and there will be recurring npcs you meet in the dungeons. Of course most of this is just ideaguy design bullshit, all this time every day I just work on learning code and working on art and working on music and everything feels so damn far away, I've spent so much time on the game and it's so barebones and ugly right now
>>
File: oIOtq9c.png (1MB, 1918x814px) Image search: [Google]
oIOtq9c.png
1MB, 1918x814px
>>36635342
OP if you need a soundtrack composer I have the sound libraries for epic Dark Souls/Skyrim orchestral stuff lmk

LMK
>>
>>36635499
That's a great idea. There used to be a lot of chosen heroes stuff, so some variety is nice.

I like the dungeon crawler stuff too, sort of like Recettear where it's not really a one thing because you can do other stuff too.

Adventurer's guild are my thing, love that stuff. Especially the special events you mention with time and achievements. It's always a surprise factor to see them.

What kind of classes do you got by the way?

I like the investing in town and building your own. Sandbox stuff and just overall world building are fun, but usually it's not expanded on much. Fire Emblem had a thing like that and it was just for buffs and stuff, I didn't like that. So hopefully, it's different.

Unique characters for the towns, shop and taverns right? I love interaction with recurring NPCs since it feels like it gives life to the world and that things actually happen instead of just moving when you do.

Ideaguy stuff is the coolest part man, until you have to make it work which is always hard. But no worries, I believe in you.
>>
>>36635342
Same except I'll be making music and living the dream.
>>
File: 1468705588236.jpg (115KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1468705588236.jpg
115KB, 1023x682px
>>36635342
Post some concept art from your game OP.
>>
>>36635576
It's heavily inspired by the roleplaying element of etrian odyssey. Basically ripped off their system, you go to the guild hall, pick a class, choose one of several images for your character with a small sprite to match and give them their own name.

The townspeople are going to be consistent npcs that you talk to, make friends with, build relationships etc. I want them to have little services and things that help the gameplay too, like going to the tavern to get a food buff before adventures like in monster hunter, but you can befriend the barmaid or marry her if you want, that kind of thing.

I wasn't sure how to integrate the relationships with the multiple characters of the guild hall though, right now the plan is that you pick one person as the 'main' character who you play when you're in town.

>What kind of classes do you got by the way?
Fuck tons. Like dozens of ideas. I'm just going to pick the most core ones and make them one at a time until I feel satisfied with them, starting with the obvious ones like swordsman, mage, archer etc.

>Fire Emblem had a thing like that and it was just for buffs and stuff, I didn't like that. So hopefully, it's different.
I'm hoping that it's more personal in this game. Not something you just quickly fly through before a dungeon but an enjoyable part of the experience all on its own.

Example: I want there to be a fishing npc in the town who teaches you how to fish, and then you can fish at fishing spots in dungeons that have it. You'd also find maps in some dungeons that lead to islands across the sea and fishing guy would take you to them if you've built your friendship up enough.

>>36635606
My art is like pathetic deviant art level. I only started attempting to draw when I started working on this game, and even then I only felt like trying because I saw on tobyfox's twitter that he used to sketch really shitty concept art of undertale in spiral notebooks
>>
>>36635670
Still, show us something.
>>
File: game maker.png (34KB, 285x131px) Image search: [Google]
game maker.png
34KB, 285x131px
>>36635694
I'm just not ready to show anything.
>>
I was in your position I was about to get a job that would increase my social standing 10x and make everyone I failed all these years proud of me for the first time.

But I failed at the interview and am back to being a depressed neet...
>>
>>36635670
Etrian Odyssey is a big influence I've heard of lately for fantasy stuff. I personally have never played it, but I like the stuff that comes out of it.

Interesting system though.

Relationship systems are pretty cool. Ambitious people always attempt to do them since they can lead to a lot of possible interactions that bring the game together. Although sometimes they just fall apart because they waste more time than not or something. I like it the idea though.

I'm interested in hearing the end results of your classes. Most go with the trio since it's perfected already from MMORPGs and what not. Although there's still room for difference and fun, usually it's a hit and miss or patching to fix. I guess in this case, it would be game testing.

Personal is good, it would hurt to see the town get burned down or something. Make them important to you. Care for them and such. Children and old people in the village/city.

Got a twitter yet where you post your ideas and stuff weekly/daily?
>>
>>36635499
If you make this online it'd probably get big like realm of the mad god those niggers go crazy over classes and the fact that they can play together
>>
>>36635758
>Etrian Odyssey is a big influence I've heard of lately for fantasy stuff
It's wonderful, one of my favorite series and I highly recommend it. To me it feels completely removed from other rpgs, I actually don't like jrpgs that much in general.

>Got a twitter yet where you post your ideas and stuff weekly/daily?
Once I have a very, VERY basic demo that I feel halfway satisfied with, I will release it on a newly made twitter and post regular updates.

>>36635784
I have played around with getting networking to work. It's a level of complexity I'm not ready for. I could probably just follow tutorials and get something shitty working but my code is incredibly unoptimized and shitty, I would probably have to have a kickstarter and pay a professional to make the network code for me (I think this is what hopoo did for risk of rain) but the problem is that network code works best when it's created first, not after the rest of the game is made.

Not even wasting my time thinking this far ahead but if this first game is successful, I'd definitely try to add multiplayer to a sequel
>>
>>36635758
If this is your first game i would focus on something more simple, and save this idea for when you have more experience. Also as an indie dev you would want to focus more on mechanics and depth, than lots of many different features.
>>
>>36635855
It's not the first thing I worked on and definitely not the first idea. The problem I had was that I wasn't motivated to learn because I was working towards something easier that my heart wasn't into. I've been more productive working on this even though it's way more ambitious and probably unrealistic
>>
>>36635813
I guess you can always do that, it seems like you would want to hype people up before the demo came out. Or just get a following really. Just motivation.
>>
>>36635887
You're right, I'm just terrified of people and what they'll think.

I might make a blog sooner, you've made me feel better about the idea
>>
>>36635937
>I'm just terrified of people and what they'll think.
Don't worry about those folks, it's yours first and foremost. As long as you love it and want it, it will attract people who do too and those will be your strong fans who stick around for the goodies. Those are the people you want. Bad people will leave naturally on their own, don't sweat it.
>>
>>36635967
I'm more afraid that I'll show what I've done and then learn that all that work was spent making a giant pile of shit that nobody likes
>>
>>36636120
Nah, don't worry about that, it's impossible for nobody to like something. With enough exposure, people will always come to like your stuff especially since you already have the Fantasy and RPG audience as well as Etrian Odyssey. It'll all be okay.
>>
>>36636169
>It'll all be okay.

Yeah

Yeah...
>>
Please dont be a jew dev and you will be fine
>>
>>36636306
I'm probably going to sell the game for $10 or $15. I just need it to make more money than a mcjob and it'll be worth it. Minimum wage is 15k a year where I live so that's 1000 copies at $15 bucks to equal a year of wageslavery

What did you specifically mean by jew dev though so I know what not to do
>>
>>36636327
I imagine they meant all the packages and shit you see on mobile games with transactions. 99.95$ for 100 gems that'll give restore your energy bar or something. Jew devs make mad bank off of this.
>>
>>36635512
Not OP but i would need such sounds for my game
>>
>>36636337
Nah I hate that shit so I'd never put that in. If I don't like the game I'm not going to make it
>>
>>36636338
I'm really getting into sound tracking for games and animation. It takes a lot of time to write the huge choir/string sections but that is the style I really want to do.

https://soundcloud.com/studiohyperion
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.