[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to move to a city like NYC or la without tons

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0036.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
Is it possible to move to a city like NYC or la without tons of money and a job lined up and college? I live in a small town and it's kinda hard to earn money and I'm not looking even really looking into putting time into a professional career I just want to work in music. I don't really care if I have a shitty life and my only possession is my smart phone.
>>
>>36630194
The city will eat you alive. You can last a year, tops, but afterwards you'll be a burnt out former shell of yourself, bitter and cynical. If you are a young girl, you can last a couple of years, or until your beauty fades.
>>
>>36630239
No man it's not
>>
>>36630194
Well for one La is a sprawling shithole that should barely be considered a city. New york is great but the competition for everything is fucking insane. Expect it to take a month to get a job and 3 weeks to find a room/apartment share. Honestly if you are starting with nothing i would suggest a smaller or cheaper city like minneapolis, philly or atlanta
>>
>>36631063
this

OP, NYC is suicide unless you're either coming out of Ivy or Ivy+ or you have a shitload of experience
>>
>>36630194
I tried to do this in Seattle and
>>36630239
this pretty much happened. I was reduced to living out of my car for a solid month before giving up and joining the military.

I'll give it another crack in 4-5 years
>>
>>36630194
you probably won't even be able to find an apartment without a job lined up, a CONSIDERABLE amount of savings, or proof that you're enrolled in college.
>>
>>36631171
Fuck it I'm gonna do Atlanta. Way warmer anyway
>>
>>36631243
which branch uwu
>>
>>36631344
I live in Marietta which is like 20 mins from Atlanta. Lots of niggers but you'll be fine
>>
>>36631243
That's funny I just did this. But I had a good job lined up.
I literally just packed everything in my car and booked it. Within a week I found a place to live and start a new life for cheap. I'm a resourceful mother fucker though.
>>
File: IMG_20170425_062748534~2.jpg (390KB, 1619x1571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170425_062748534~2.jpg
390KB, 1619x1571px
Pic related. It's me two days ago traveling from CA to WA.
>>
>>36631828
The question is to live in the cities you have to have these things, not travel to them.
>>
>>36631556
Just sucks I'm right next to NYC and it's so much easier to get around and find shit

>>36631788
I don't have college
>>
>>36631870
I didn't need anything though. Except
>>36631870
Yeah your right. This guy trying to leave his small town. But, this is a culture change either way. If I was leaving LA or middle state it's still a huge difference. Leaving family, friends, aquantices, etc.
>>36631927
>>>36631556
>Just sucks I'm right next to NYC and it's so much easier to get around and find shit
>>>36631788 (You)
>I don't have college
I don't have a college degree either.
>>
File: IMG_20170425_140701478~3.jpg (1MB, 1891x1826px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170425_140701478~3.jpg
1MB, 1891x1826px
I'll admit I was scare shitless. I had no money saved and less than 1,000 in my checking account. But I found some people on Craigslist that help me out. I say at least save 6-7,000 dollars with no debt and a car payed off and you can go anywhere and find a place to live and a job. It's not easy but possible.
>>
>>36631943
How do you get a job above fast food? I'm autistic in a county with like nothing in it

Should I sell drugs?
>>
>>36632063
>just pay off all your debt and get 10 grand bro
>>
>>36632076
Find a job in retail. You could easily move up the latter without a degree as long you don't do drugs. Always seek for better.
>>
Fuck no, if you want to move there even to a shitty apartment bring at least $15k unless you wanna be homeless
>>
>>36630239
>>36631063
>>36631171
>>36631364
>>36631943
Jesus ive lived in NYC my whole life and my mom passed and now I HAVE HER APARTMENT and I dont have to pay shit but 50 dollars a month for a 2 bedroom.

Literally what are you people talking about?

>the city is suicide
I have a job, in college and now my own place and on easy street the city is life. New Yorker till the day I die
>>
I live in NYC, I leach off of my older gf
She has a great job, she pays the mortgage
Find a need e-gf who happens to live in the city.
>>
>>36632110
Well your a fucking idiot if you have allot of debt.
>>36632146
Find room mates.
>>
File: 1491280215861.jpg (93KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
1491280215861.jpg
93KB, 640x443px
>Wanting to live in a city
>Ever
Jesus fucking Christ, why?
The only reason I could think is that you're a rich normalfag.
>>
>>36632168
For some reason girls online only talk to me from other small towns. Am i just meant for a small town?
>>
>>36632183
There's no jobs here but tree cutting they even make you travel to the outskirts of the city for that so technically there's nothing
>>
>>36632216
I dunno dude
Maybe
If you don't hate it then don't change it. If you're unhappy in general your location won't fix it.
>>
>>36632160

I think you are completely full of shit or the luckiest /dumbest human being alive. Even if you aren't lying, you can't for one second think that 50 dollars a month for housing is reasonable. Shit I live in a moderate sized city and a fucking room in a student commune is 2 or 3 hundred dollars.

>>36630194
Sure if you get lucky and are willing to live on the street/car for a awhile. Average rent in NYC is 1.5-2k a month for a studio. You can probably live in niggertown for 500 or so if you are willing to stomp rats.

Honestly OP as someone who's moved to a few cities I can tell you that they are all honestly pretty much the same. Sure some love sports and some love hotdogs, but it's more or less the same for some computer worshipping faggot. Try moving to a medium sized college town. You can get your own room for cheap, really easily thanks to most college kids being bleeding hearts, there's plenty of low tier work to cater to the spoiled faggots, and when you get some money under your belt rent farther away from campus tends to be pretty reasonably priced.
>>
>>36632309
No it's the location I at least want to work in security or something and I can't do that here

Here it's fast food till you fuckin keel over and people are digging each other's eyes out for a manager position
>>
>>36632503
Rent control

Also cheap apartment anon. Want a friend. :^)
>>
i work online doing meme shit. honestly, my eternal goal is to live in the middle of nowhere in a flyover state and have a drone deliver me food and weed and supplies. this would be the best possible life. fuck the city. too much going on, too many people, too many faggot normies.
>>
>>36632776
I just want to see civilized live one time before I'm young and try my music career. If i don't get rich I just want to live there a few years and come back. Maybe go to a warm small town depending on things.
>>
what borough are you planning to move to OP?
>>
>>36632757

;) I'm glad you have an easy life anon. Maybe you can give your address to OP so he can bunk with you for awhile and you can teach him how to be a real New Yorker XD.
>>
>>36632806
Harlem

>>36632776
I live that life minus the flyover. It's a small rural town I don't see a soul. There's so many old people here they have food delivered by truck and I have dealers that drop me off weed but you can probably go on the deep web or just grow
>>
>>36632800
((music)) is very tough my dude, no one will probably give you shit. i did that, i have three self released tapes and am on a 3cd professionally pressed comp and played two fairly major legit radio shows. never made a nickel but it was awesome, super fullfilling, makes me look back as i am now living my slave life. you will probably make very very little, but live it up while you can. thanks for the (you) senpai, i am very drunk and appreciate it
>>
>>36630194

I moved to Toronto. Not quite NYC or LA tier but you get the genuine big city experience; something to do every day regardless of your interests and all that.

I work online so I have a lot of flexibility to live anywhere. I could probably afford to live in the outer boroughs of NYC but definitely not Manhattan. Manhattan is $3500 rent territory unless you're willing to live in a closet.

I'd consider moving to NYC but being Canadian I'd need to immigrate and I doubt I'd be approved because I have no legitimate reason to be there.
>>
>>36632873
Well I already had offers on my music so
>>
>>36632757
Nigga i actually work doing that type of shit and youre lying
>>
>>36630194
>grow up in Los Angeles
>never happy
>so expensive can never afford to move out of parents'
>work two jobs while studying at CC
>get job teaching middle school math in backwater town in north Nevada
>live comfy
>back stopped hurting all the time
>dating qt 7/10

Living in a city is for faggots.
>>
>>36630194
Nigga, even people in their twenties with all of that have been leaving the city in flocks. It's nowhere near feasible to move in now.
>>
>>36630194
Your best bet would be to live in a satellite city somewhere on the fringe of where ever you plan on moving to. If you're lucky rents will be decent and you can just work and "play" in the big city. If you're unlucky then thousands of millenials have had the same idea as you and have gentrified that satellite city, jacking up the rent and making it just as difficult to get a foothold in as the city.

Source: Live in the NYC Metropolitan area. 15 minutes from the WTC by train.
>>
>>36632160
>50 dollars a month for a 2 bedroom

When the hell did your family move in, 1939? The cheapest I've ever heard rent controlled apartments going for is $200 a month. Not to mention the landlord will do everything short of dumping your body in the Hudson (or in some cases even that) to get the full market value on a place like that.
>>
File: face.jpg (52KB, 457x446px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
52KB, 457x446px
>>36630194
STILL MAKING THIS THREAD
WHY

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TELL YOU IN THIS THREAD THAT THEY DIDN'T TELL YOU IN ALL OF YOUR OTHER NEARLY IDENTICAL THREADS THAT YOU'VE POSTED FOR ALMOST A YEAR
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36630194
TFW you already live in manhattan
>>
>>36634089
http://desuarchive.org/r9k/search/filename/IMG_1870.jpg/
http://desuarchive.org/r9k/search/filename/IMG_0036.jpg/
there are other ones

OP is ascending to higher planes of autism
>>
>>36630239
Nah, everyone in California is pretty good natured if you avoid the dumb ones. Aka the ones who aren't actually from LA so they need to try hard to fit in. Other people are naturally Californian, and real people who are used to LA are very laid back and low key because they've done and seen it all.
>>
laguna beach is pretty chill

you're always going to have tasteless people, even in ny. there are cool tiers
>>
>>36630239
Which city did you live in to make you conclude this?
>>
I am planning on moving to Seattle in June to live with my best friend from college and maybe one or two other roommates. Its going to be expensive but I have a good amount of savings and not much to lose. The only way i can really advance my career is by moving to the city, and all my friends left in my home town are drunk losers and burnt out former druggies. Its pissing away so much more money on rent, but I'm 27 now and figure I will try it out for a year or two. I want to get laid as much as possible while Im not too old and I figure I have a better chance in the city.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.