[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression legitimacy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (92KB, 736x883px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 736x883px
Is depression real?

I just don't know anymore, it all just feels like fake attention whoring.

I don't even know if I'm depressed, I don't find enjoyment in anything any more.
>>
there are always people out there who will make you depression feel illegitimate because they got hooked on cracked and everyone they loved died but your depression is probably real too OP
>>
I'm depressed and I have no idea why, but I have never told anyone except my brother because we're extremely close. Otherwise I pretend to everyone that I'm perfectly fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 930x807px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 930x807px
>>36626445
I don't even understand why people talk about it with other people, it's like a quirky trait to them or something.

I don't believe I'm depressed, but I just haven't been happy. I drink a lot more now too, I'm trying to cut back though.

I don't want to go to some Doctor either, don't think it would help
>>
>>36626404
It's real but over diagnosed because pharma companies want to sell as many pills as possible. It's like ADD/ADHD.
>>
File: 1456475998235.jpg (174KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1456475998235.jpg
174KB, 501x585px
>>36626404
>You're not depressed goy, you're just attention whoring! GET BACK TO WORK

depression is very real
and for fuck's sake you're on a anonymous board, if you talk about your depression it's not attention whoring, and it's even better because you can relate to 95% of the people here
it's like back in school when people were asking who else didn't do the homework, they don't want to be alone in the same misery

some people do exploit depression, maybe unknowingly or they fake it, but you know you're fucking sad, you know you cry yourself to sleep, you know you have suicidal thoughts every day, you lack energy and will to do anything, questioning why the fuck did you make from 2 billion sperms, that's fucking depression
>>
>>36626522
people who treat it as a trait are teenagers or nu males who think mild existential pondering constitutes as depression. I sort of know how you feel OP, for a long time I just felt like... nothing... but then I came to realize I was depressed. Got help, still pretty miserable but at least I can get up in the morning
>>
Mentally well people are pretty content most of the time. There are things they desire, things that make them excited, times when they feel a range of emotions. It can feel like you don't have it that bad, but that's only because you don't know how good healthy people have it.
>>
>>36626612
I don't cry as much anymore, just don't have the energy. I just find myself looking forward to going to sleep and laying on the couch like I am right now.

I tried hiking with a friend the other day, it was alright I guess, just felt like a distraction after a while.

I don't know anymore, just feel broken
>>
>>36626615
I had a good nights sleep but could hardly pull myself out of bed this morning.
It's werid I don't like it but I really don't care? If that makes sense at all
>>
>>36626527
That is not even close to being true. Your physician has absolutely no "kick back" to prescribing medicines that is absolutely unethical and there is no major medical organization that would allow it . They diagnose you and give you a treatment based on centuries of medical science. The drug companies jack their prices because they have no conscious for instance in the case of Martin Shkreli (aka scum of the earth and alleged owner of 4chan now) who was arrested for scamming HIV patients by jacking up the price of medication - they do this because they are garbage. You may find these kinds of shady practices among private clinics (I may assume) but never in a general hospital , they have oversight committees for such things. It has nothing to do with the Dr you visit. These people are scientist and humanists who only want to relive suffering , they are not the type of mentality to have their heads in their ass scamming for a few extra bucks from sick people that is just ludicrous. Here is the article on the piece of shit Shkreli - and if you are reading this Shkreli - FUCK YOU LITTLE BITCH. http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/fbi-arrests-controversial-turing-pharmaceuticals-ceo-martin-shkreli-report-n481671
>>
File: IMG_0696.png (25KB, 655x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0696.png
25KB, 655x650px
>>36626942
>I wonder, who could have possibly made this post?
Fuck off rabbi
>>
>>36626942
Reads like a shill post, hmmm
>>
Depression is a very real and well documented phenomenon. It's not just how you feel, they can observe how depression alters brain chemistry.
>>
You're right that people have been treating it like some kind of alternative lifestyle choice but it's definitely a real thing.
>>
File: TMS_Depression_Treatment.jpg (49KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
TMS_Depression_Treatment.jpg
49KB, 600x500px
>>36626404
Clinical depression is absolutely real but there are these hypochondriacs who think that them depressed about specific and easily identifiable causes means that they suffer from a disorder so there's lots of misdiagnoses. People with clinical depression, it's pretty obvious there's something wrong with them even without a head scan, but after running the gamut of EKG, EEG, etc. the lack of brain activity is something that can be visually measured.
>>
>>36626404
jesus christ I feel the exact same way op.

I feel absolutely fucking miserable, sometimes I feel like im legitimately going insane.

Then I think about how pathetic it is to feel this way and I just feel like im being a massive fucking pussy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.