[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is wrong with Bill Nye

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: wIGnl73l.jpg (144KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
wIGnl73l.jpg
144KB, 1252x1252px
why is everyone hating on Bill Nye? The internet fucking exploded after he said something stupid about gender. Instead of just saying "Well who gives a shit, moving on" normies are trying to drag this man's name through the mud because he said something they didn't agree with.
>sex is-
>*autistic screeching*
>gender is
>*overwhelming autistic screeching*
what the fuck is wrong with Bill Nye now? He said something someone didn't like now he's no longer a scientist (despite graduating from Cornell in a STEM field), his accomplishments in getting children interested in science mean nothing?

normies sicken me.
>>
>>36625932
left wing opinions
>>
File: animal crossing.jpg (83KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
animal crossing.jpg
83KB, 474x600px
>>36625932
He also mentioned the fact that people in first world countries should be penalized for having children.
>>
>>36625932
>why is x happening I mean he just little old no big deal y practically nothing haha xd

off thine self
>>
>>36625968
sauce for that? I've never heard that, and you know these fucking normies will go apeshit if they get wind of it.
>>
>>36626000
>why are normies acting like bill nye started a fucking war
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
alt-right closet faggots pissed off because now that being trans is ok they don't really have a reason to not give in to their unending lust for thick black cock like they have always wanted to
>>
>>36626004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZfT5MgSbDQ
>>
>>36626040
If you hate Nazis would that secretly make you a Nazi?
>>
>>36625932
Doesn't matter. A video in the past showing him state there are only 2 genders.
He just goes with the trendy shit for money.
Your typical lefty.
>>
>>36625932
>normies sicken me

>implying anyone but normies like the guy
>>
>>36626074
Yes, that is why antifa act like nazis
>>
>>36626088
I mean, does he even involve himself in politics that don't coincide with science? Really the biggest political issue I've seen from him is global warming. so I don't really see how he's a leftist in anything other than name.
>>36626110
I was a scared, lonely little robot and Bill Nye helped me get into and love science.
>>
>>36626040
>being trans is ok

its still a mental disorded tho, and should be treated as such. It shouldnt be glorified by the left like it currently is.
>>
>>36625932
Internet is full of racist/sexist basement dwellers
>>
>>36625932
ABORT WHITE BABIES
>>
File: IMG_6749.jpg (107KB, 756x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6749.jpg
107KB, 756x1024px
>>36625932

Letfypol get lost
>>
>>36625932
>why is everyone hating on Bill Nye?

They're not. 99%of people don't even know he has a show on Netflix. Don't let 4chan fool you into thinking things are more popular than they really are. /pol/ and /tv/ will dig things up to complain about.
>>
>>36625932
The way I heard about it he was an rather brilliant engineer, but that doesn't make him a scientist. He is a showman who uses "science" to entertain people, that doesn't mean he actually comprehends everything he's talking about
>>
>>36625968
someone else brought it up (I don't know who the other people in the video were, sue me) and he accepted that doing that will have a large impact on reducing global climate change, when prevented with the statistics that proved it. He didn't just say "well, stop having kids" someone else said "this is what our kids are doing, maybe we should limit the amount of them we're having" and he responded, "that seems like it would go a long way to help the issue".
>>
>>36625932
It has something to do with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8&t=1s
>>
>>36625932
People like to call out people spreading misinformation
>>
Not having kids in the developed world won't help anything when the developed world keeps importing people from the non-developed world.
>>
File: 1493324063782.jpg (62KB, 496x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1493324063782.jpg
62KB, 496x1107px
(((Science Guy)))
>>
>>36625932
i hate this cocksucker. if for no other reason than he simplifies and normalizes science and waters it down so it appeals to normies and seems "fun and cool". hes an enemy of science as far as im concerned. he's starbucks: the scientist. he's hot pockets: the engineer. he's reddit : the lab tech
>>
File: 2415555135.jpg (213KB, 496x1439px) Image search: [Google]
2415555135.jpg
213KB, 496x1439px
>>36626324
it was probably more like this
>>
>>36625966
Bill is a leftist though
>>
>>36625932
People are absolutely obnoxious and annoying. Just hearing them speak is grating. I agree that sex/gender is predetermined and unmovable, but hearing people talk about it like they're worth listening to is like nails on the chalkboard. If you want to be a female as a male you can't, but you can emulate their traits. Humans are adaptable and imaginative. It goes both ways. There's always somebody out there depraved enough to accept you. The right and the left hate themselves, so they find a reason to hate each other. They are walking projections, sort of like those people in homunculus. Is it a generational gap? Is it a result of the virtual age? Who really cares about this fucking shit. I don't know anything about this and I don't know Bill Nye, but this issue is low hanging fruit for the gorillas to fight over. It needs to fuck off from my wavelength. Every time I hear people discuss these same over-discussed issues I want to kill them. I want them to disappear. Who fucking CARES. Anyone who genuinely gets invested in these shit-tossing competitions needs to get run over by a god damn ice cream truck full of screeching fucktards playing to the tune of ode to joy. I'm no better but it's seriously annoying me constantly seeing people get amped up about all these issues. It was never this bad but once the expendables caught wind of the shit in the air they never let it go and the war has waged on and gained traction all the way through election year and beyond. Everywhere I go I cannot escape the winds of shit.
>>
>>36626708
>Just hearing them speak is grating.
Look at your own fucking post retard
>>
>>36626324
I don't understand why people have a problem with this. Both statements are true. Educate yourself, look up the word gender in the dictionary.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/gender?s=t
>>
>>36625932
>normies are trying to drag this man's name through the mud

good lmao
>>
>>36626861
Expect it's not. You're male or female.

This pisses us off because it's hard fucking science and liberal nu-males like you are shitting up science again.

Leave science alone.
>>
>>36626736
Yes I know. All types of overblown self-indulged communication are grating, especially mine. I feel repulsion as I type or speak. I like being a hypocrite though. All of my posts are drenched in satirical bait but it's nice to see someone calling me a fucking retard. I wish you went into further detail why I'm a retard though so I could really soak it in.
>>
>fagboy traps in this thread trying to convince people that they are normal

This ENTIRE site needs to purge trapposters.
>>
>>36625932
BILL NYE THE FAGGOT KIKE SHILL GUY
>>
>>36626917
Did you even read the definition of gender?

The problem is that people have an alternative version of the definition of the word and that is where the disagreement lies.
>>
>>36627082
2. a similar category of human beings that is outside the male/female binary classification and is based on the individual's personal awareness or identity.
This was added relatively recently and probably to appease the people who spout this kind of nonsense.
How can you be outside of the 'binary' classification of gender? How does that even make sense? On any level? Between, sure, but outside?
>>
What's the point of pansexuality? It seems like a new word for something we've always had.
>>
>>36627235
>What's the point of pansexuality?

being a special snowflake
>>
>>36627235
I think it's basically a virtue signaling term for people who fuck all these non-binary queers or whatever they call themselves now
>>
>>36625932
Because he influences normies' thoughts you fucking retard

Also the idea that you like Nye's shit show but think you aren't a normie is pathetic
>>
>>36625932
Bill Nye isn't a scientist and mechanical engineering isn't a science.
>>
>>36625932

Bill Lie the Science/NASA Shill
>>
>>36627305
As an engineer I can definitely say this is true lol
>>
>>36625932
It's because he went against something he said years ago, not the only one to act like an idiot either.
>>
>>36627302
not his new show, I haven't seen it nor do I care too, but his old one. I like the way he presents science- in a simple way that children can understand.
>>36627305
engineering IS science though.
>>
>>36625932
>He said something someone didn't like now he's no longer a scientist (despite graduating from Cornell in a STEM field), his accomplishments in getting children interested in science mean nothing?

He graduated with a Bachelor's degree in an applied science field. That makes him about as much as a scientist as your average high school teacher, or your robot who did three years of chemistry, got a degree and now is a NEET.

Bill Nye has never held a doctorate. He has never done scientific research. He has never written or peer reviewed a scientific paper, to my knowledge. He's not a scientist. He's a person who studied applied sciences for a few years, then became an actor.

His job as an actor was to teach elementary level science to children as a television host. Now those children have grown up, his job is to promote political propaganda to them disguised as science.
>>
>>36627393
All his shows have always been shit
>>
File: 1491260913069.jpg (236KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1491260913069.jpg
236KB, 1440x2560px
>>36626197
lol why would someone try to slap their name watermark on this image?
>>
File: 1463216608458.jpg (115KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463216608458.jpg
115KB, 1600x900px
DID YUU NO THAT BEEL NIGH IS NOT ACTUALLY A SCIENTIST AND IS TEECHING LIBERUL PROPAGANDA
>>
>>36627424
OH GOD ITS ON THIS ONE TOO BUT I NEVER NOTICED
>>
>>36627393
>engineering IS science though.
It is BASED on science and builds what science conceptualizes, it doesn't do science itself
>>
>>36627293
But those people are still either men or women on the outside, aren't they? I'll accept that you can be anything inside your mind, but when it comes to other people they're either going to have a penis or a vagina.
>>
>>36626948
fuck off retard originTM
>>
>>36627463
Pansexuality is sexuality, not sex/gender so I guess they themselves can still be man/woman. I'm no expert tho
>>
>>36627393
>engineering IS science though.
It's really, really not. Not at all. Engineering involves problem solving, creative thinking and so on, but it is definitely not science. It's applied mathematics and physics.
>>
>>36626088
If you're talking about that screencap where he's holding a picture of a chromosome, that was debunked. He never mentioned gender in that scene.
>>
everyone gets offended in today's internet, just look at the pepsi ad reactions and popular US night shows bashing Trump.
I don't really care because he had it coming with shit like this >>36626058
>look at me
>I had a science show
>I know more science then everyone else
>muh climate change
>>
>>36627516
I believe he said "Chromosomes decide if you are a girl or a boy" in that old clip
>>
>>36627472
INSULT ME MORE SO I CAN MAKE CUMMIES
>>
>>36626088
It was a fake screen cap, pal.
>>
>>36625932
Gender is the most popular religion in America this decade, along with all of the tenets it entails.

Like many white male devils before him, Bill Nye has committed blasphemy against the Church of Gender, and he will be burned at the stake for his sins.
>>
>>36626212
A better show that preceded Nye's and is arguably better was Beakman's World.

Paul Zaloom (who played Beakman) still lays low and sticks to being an entertainer instead of more than he really is.

A pretty decent guy, lefties would like him for
being openly gay (not as if was brought up in the show though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBmuQzlLr-g
>>
>>36627599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPR-4zbnVI
>>
>>36627676
>autism the post

originalfanta
>>
It' not that he has left wing opinions, it's that he presents them as a fact.
>>
>>36627778
I stand corrected randomly original anon
>>
>>36627393
his old show was lame and a copycat. refer to
>>36627766
>>
>>36625932
He's contradicting himself.
Also, we have created a cult of science, and i worry about it. Science cannot explain the world, it can only describe it.
>>
Did you see the video? A middle aged man who can't sing or dance prancing around in a song about MUHVAGINA, he did more to discourage youth from having sex than a century of catholic propaganda! He's a vagina worshiper so he shouldn't get any sympathy from us. The only thing I hate more than a normie is an autist who is a traitor to his kind!
>>
>>36627859
A new religion, an objective value for a godless age.
>>
File: unknown.png (211KB, 265x378px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
211KB, 265x378px
>>36625932
hes being paid off by the jewish left wing propaganda machine to tell lies to out youth
>>
>>36626246
Fucking hell

There's absolutely no way they thought anyone would like any of that
>>
>>36627859
You can't explain the world without changing the definition to not include everything, in which case science could explain the world.
>>
>>36627214
>Look it up in the dictionary! It says so!
>dictionary proves you wrong
>w-well I used to say this s-so I'm right
Not even a libcuck, the dictionary meme is not an argument
>>
>>36628088
Just before Einstein published his theory of general relativity most scientists thought that it was almost over, that we've almost found out everything there is to know.
And that notion was shattered. Just wait for another breakthrough to happen and refute most of our science.
Science is not fact, and it lacks a meaning. We have to be skeptical of our knowledge.
>>
>>36628175
Why are you quoting my post without responding to what I said?
>>
>>36628205
he did respond to what you said, and I agree, the dictionary is not a valid argument.
>>
>>36628198
What do you mean it lacks a meaning? Something that is understandable does by definition have a meaning.
>>
>>36628198
>Science is not fact, and it lacks a meaning. We have to be skeptical of our knowledge.
Say it loud, brother. Without Jesus, science is a pointless pursuit by pitiful, meaningless creatures.
>>
>>36627859
>Also, we have created a cult of science,

This
>>
>>36628232
I can't even tell what you are arguing for or against, since both your posts are so poorly worded.
>>
>>36628260
Not that guy but what didn't you understand about what that anon just said?
>>
>>36628305
What argument is 'the dictionary' a reference to?
>>
>>36628244
I'm not saying it's pitiful. But it's overhyped and revered. And it really shouldn't.
Your Kierkegaardian approach is interesting.
But i was saying this from Nietzsche's point of view (tho i'm not an atheist, i'm christian as well), if you replace jesus with science you're not an atheist, you're just worshiping another god.
>>
>>36625932
All this gender (((shit))) is based on a single guy who had his dick amputated and was raised as a girl.
It's hogwash and nye is rapidly losing his credibility as a bachelors mechanical engineer for placing himself behind it.

If you want to get kids into science pour permanganate and glycerin on a sidewalk. Don't feed them this idiocy.
>>
>>36627894
is it supposed to be funny that he's an awkward nerd who can't dance, considering their target audience is millennials who are apparently 64% awkward nerds?
>>
>>36628451
he then also killed himself
>>
>>36627894
I don't usually cringe, but that is one of the most cringeworthy things I have ever witnessed.
>>
>>36628198
"Just before Einstein published his theory of general relativity most scientists thought that it was almost over"

That's utter nonsense. All the problems that led to relativity had already been identified, see the aether problem.
>>
>>36625932
Fuck off tranny apologist
>>
>>36625932
>Individual many people became familiar with as a fun way to learn about science
>starts saying nonsensical genderfluid tumblr-tier bullshit
People are surprised that someone they thought wasn't a dickhead is being a dickhead.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.