[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Growing up rich

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0638.jpg (426KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0638.jpg
426KB, 750x400px
Anyone else here grew up in a white neighborhood where most people had money, and didn't realize how good you had it till you grew up and moved out to somewhere that was worse?
>>
>>36621269
No i grew up very poor and ate alot of ramen noodles because my parents where too stupid to make beans and rice
>>
Because your parents were successful, unlike you you worthless piece of garbage.
>>
The only thing that's "good" is the material quality of your life, how much worthless shit you can buy

It's still a bland purposeless existence
>>
>>36621320
hey i dont come down to where you work and slap the dick out of your mouth
>>
>>36621320
LOL bitch I'm in college. Living in my shitty dorm made me realize quick how good I had it.
>>
>>36621269
I grew up in a white neighborhood but it had the opposite affect on me, I only view people who are at least middle class or up as human. When I go to the city and see the street cretins it makes me want to REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36622010
It's not nice to call other people a bitch, be grateful for your opportunities in life, don't belittle those who aren't as fortunate as you.
>>
>>36621269
24 and haven't even moved out of my comfy upbringing home.
Also whites are a minority in my state so gib me free shyt now
>>
File: owen.jpg (40KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
owen.jpg
40KB, 800x598px
>grew up in mcmansion
>all white public school
>dads a doctor and we join a country club when I'm in highschool
>go to college
>everyones poor
>if I wonder 5 mins off campus I'm in full blown ghetto
>5 years later I graduate and move to cheap area with friend
>its 20% black and going to the super market is scary
>a few years pass
>i'm now essentially a nigger and fit right in

everything went bettter than expected
>>
>>36621269
I wouldn't say I grew up rich, but certainly comfortably upper middle class. Better off than most, anyway.

It's an awful, awful feeling when I realise that there's no way I'll have the quality of life that I enjoyed as a child, that the best I can hope for is to buy a small house in a marginal area.

My father and all my uncles all owned their own homes before the age of thirty. That generation have no idea how good they had it.
>>
>>36621269
my parents both grew up poor/working class and they made sure I knew how good I had it. that said, knowing about something consciously and really experiencing it are two completely different things. I miss the town I grew up in, but I know I can never return since my generation will never know the standard of living our parents did. guess I'll just do what I can with the scraps left behind by the boomer generation. when we write the history books, they will be the demons of our time, just as the nazis were for theirs
>>
>>36623387
>they will be the demons of our time

What do you mean by this anon?
>>
I grew up in America, so majority black and they all were living it up with all the free shit they wanted while my family got nothing. An least I learned early on how important being racist is. I hate and will never be poor after having to grow up like that. I am jealous of the people who got to grow up with their own kind and have nice things.
>>
Yeah I grew up in the jersey shore area where most people worked in NYC.
>>
>>36622439
Pretty much this, although I didn't move to a very nice area until I was 7 and my parents were in their late 30s.

My father is really more blue collar than white collar, and the neighborhood we moved into (in Southern California) used to be more middle class than upper class. Now it feels like lower upper class while my family is still upper middle. There used to be a lot of contractors, some engineers, and some Pajeet programmers, but now it's all doctors, more Pajeet programmers, people that own like 3 houses over the country and this is just their California getaway, some fucked up children of super wealthy Hollywood types and other random wealthy foreigners.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.