[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should my next character in dark souls be >halberd user with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1480178234638.png (839KB, 1280x951px) Image search: [Google]
1480178234638.png
839KB, 1280x951px
Should my next character in dark souls be

>halberd user with dexterity for damage and faith for miracles (no dark spells)
or
>pure sorcerer with high intelligence that uses a dagger for backup
>>
>>36620632
Buy me Dark Souls III and I will give you my expert opinion on this matter.
>>
>>36620678
Anon no I can't buy you video games you have to buy them yourself.
>>
>>36620689
Anon yes. I have no extra money to spare for vidya. I'm already spending it all on:
>Bills
>Rent
>Music Related Items
>Weed
>Alcohol
>Outdoor Gear
Pls anon.
>>
>>36620730
I was asking a legitimate question and now you're turning my thread into a begging thread. I hope you'll understand how rude that is and be more considerate of others in the future.
>>
>>36620730
You sound like a huge tool
>>
>>36620756
Fine, okay. Go with the halberd and miracles build. That's just my personal preference though.
>>
>>36620632
Ds3 or ds1?
If ds1, socerer.
If ds3, halberdier. Only go sorcerer if you're prepared for a challenge, sorcerer really isn't that good until the very end of the game. I actually went dual sorcery + pyromancy; pure pyromancy is like 3x easier than pure sorcery due to the way enemies can evade sorceries.
>>
>>36620770
Then buy me Dark Souls III out of pity ya malankey div.
>>
>>36620632
How did you even reach Dark Souls? Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls which is a spiritual successor to King's Field (which had 4 main games and was only released in Japan). This was influenced by Ultima Underworld, which is set in the lengthy Ultima series that started with Akalabeth. This was inspired by Dungeons and Dragons, a series filled with hundreds of magazines and source materials, which was derived from Chainmail. This was inspired from the Siege of Bodenburg, which was inspired by Tactics II, the sequel to Tactics. This was inspired by War Tactics or Can Great Britain Be Invaded? This was propaganda against the Germans in WW1. So how on Earth did you guys have the patience to do all of this to play one game?
>>
>>36620781
Ok. I think I was leaning in that direction anyway but I wanted to hear what robots thought.

>>36620801
Dark Souls 3

>>36620875
Well I've been playing video games since I was three or four, my dad had a Sega Genesis and that's how I started. I always liked fantasy games and things like that, I actually bought chainmail pieces and dungeons and dragon books when I was younger, but I had no one to play it with so I just created adventures that were never played. I used to read the Demon's Souls threads on /v/ all the time but I didn't have a PS3, when Dark Souls came out I bought it on day one.

Thanks for reading my life story. Also you don't have to have experienced every individual thing that influenced a game to enjoy that game.
>>
>>36620849
Fitgirl repacks has ds3 cracked
>>
>>36620632
Do a Darkdrift run, OP.
I recently restarted my DS3 game, after several months of never finishing/beating it, to do this! I'm having a blast!
>13 Strength (I think)
>28 Dexterity
>Easy to build into, if you start with early uchigatana.
>>
>>36621008
>Darkdrift
But unless you kill Yuria you won't have that weapon until the end of the game. I don't feel right killing innocent NPCs.
>>
>>36620933
Yeah, I just get overwhelmed whenever I try to read all of the DnD modules. I think I was on issue 40 or so of The Dragon at least, I read quite a few short stories about some hero. It was heavily boring as I didn't have anyone to play with, but kept trying to do it. A year of my life can pretty much be summed up by saying I read these source materials, I stopped when I ran across a bunch of early 70s games I would need to play to continue.

Hmm, I guess I was expecting a fellow autist to understand the need to do such and why I seem to live on an endless course of depression. I would like to play Dark Souls, but it is hard to break my addiction. It is self-induced, so nobody takes it seriously, and breaking order leads to severe depression and suicidal thoughts. If I played Dark Souls without doing all of the above in the proper order, I would have a mental breakdown and feel I cheated myself out of the proper experience. I didn't really get the game. I don't know the trials it took to get to the game, the reason I should appreciate it, and why every moment of suffering I should be thankful for. There has to be a way to stop this mindset, but even acknowledging it is inhibiting, it becomes hard to start because my depression sets in so bad.
>>
>>36621046
Even if you play every 'listed' source of influence for Dark Souls, you're probably not even scratching the surface of the thousands of things that influenced the game. It was made by tons of people who all had their own influences.
>>
>>36621036
>implying she's innocent.
If you do attack her and fail, she calls you a "peasant." Which is more than enough for me to feel justified with owning her weapon.
Who's the peasant now, bitch!
>>
>>36621062
Trust me, I know this, why do you think it bothers me so much? At the rate I am going, I probably will never get to play games made in the 90s. It stinks that people base things off things they saw in the past, making all of history one lengthy ripoff of each other that I have to follow.
>>
>>36621078
It's not my place to judge innocence. I only act as I think my character would act, and usually the characters I roleplay would never attack something without good reason.
>>
>>36621147
Fair enough.

Orange n' ale
>>
What Ds3 weapon do I play if I use gunlance in Monster Hunter and rifle spear in Bloodborne
>>
>>36621209
Dragonslayer Swordspear
>>
>>36621226
What can I get before practically new game plus?
>>
>>36621248
Regular spear and pyromancy to simulate a firearm
>>
Who's everyone's favorite ds3 NPC?
Mines Orbeck of Vinheim
>happy every time you bring him a scroll
>enjoys teaching you sorcery
>gains as much from you as you do from him
>once he's exhausted his usefulness, he leaves with a fond memory of you and dies doing something he enjoyed (researching sorcery)
>>
>>36621448
I like Karla. My favorite characters in souls are almost always the ones voiced by her voice actress (Yuria, Quelana, Iosefka, etc.)
>>
>>36620997
>no multiplayer
>no "try jump" messages on cliff edges
>no lvl 9001 invaders ready to fuck your shit up
>no slightly easier 2v1 boss fights

What's the point?
>>
>>36621471
>tfw ex gf is Karla
>>
>>36620632
>Pure sorcerer
I hope you don't plan on being successful in pvp.

If we're talking strictly pve here and you've never tried pure sorcerer, I say go for it.
>>
>>36621501
That is precisely the reason not to play multiplayer lmao
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.