[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have autism? Who has autism, how do you feel,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1492626779307.jpg (26KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492626779307.jpg
26KB, 720x720px
Does anyone here have autism? Who has autism, how do you feel, what are the symptoms?

I think I have autism.

I have a serious problem in expressing myself orally and in socializing, even at home. The entire childhood and adolescence was in the classroom without speaking, had friends, but I was always close to them without speaking, talking only what was necessary.
>>
Then you were just quite and shy.

Autismn is a new catch all "disease" they can charge you for.
>>
>>36606285
I always had a suspicion that I had autism...

You see, when I was a kid whenever I got excited I used to flap my arms like a chicken. I also had a lot of mood swings and have always been socially inept.

I also found out that during preschool, my teacher had a whole file of me that my behavior was recorded in, but then again I'm pretty sure every kid had that in preschool.

I still have yet to bring it up to my parents though.
>>
>>36606416
Lots of kids did stupid shit like that it's called being a kid.

More likely you're NVLD (especially if you were /smart/ as a child and then realized your absolute shittyness a bit later in life)
>>
>>36606285
I know an entire board that has autism...

Starts with a /p ends with an l/ and has an o in the middle.
>>
>>36606820
/a/ too
>>
File: whoa.jpg (45KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
45KB, 612x816px
>>36606285
If you're autist you'll be unable to appretiate that arse.
>>
>>36606597

I know a guy with NVLD who's more oblivious to social cues and did more poorly in school than any of the actual autists I know.
>>
You know what's funny? The people who have always gotten me closest to a blind autistic rage in public are aspies. They have no concept of personal space and are too loud. I'm quite sensitive to sound as well as light and I really don't need someone shrieking in my ear about some fucking youtube memes or whatever else they deem funny.

Any other autists that hate aspies?
>>
>>36607316
It's debated, most people will use autism as a blanket term for several different conditions, but people with aspergers behave differently than a classic case of autism.
>>
I have autism. It doesn't feel like anything. Or more precisely there is no feeling.
>>
>>36607692
So is it wrong to call someone Asperger autistic?
>>
>>36606285
I have diagnosed autism and the proof tends to be more in the state of your life as opposed to your quirks.

Normies tend to use standard shyness and other things as a diagnosis etc which reallyh annoys me.

I spent 5 years housebound and had to learn many things you dont even realize you know naturally
>>
>>36607288
It,s funny considering the only diffrience between aspies and autist on the "high funconing" side is speach development at a young age
>but people with aspergers behave differently than a classic case of autism.
Can you explain how exactly it would be nice to know
>>
>>36606285

Diagnosed with ASD at 7.

I have the ability to toggle wanting relationships on or off
>>
I have severe autism, it doesn't feel like anything to me really. I feel okayish. It is more or less just social interactions and that stuff that feels uncomfortable. I'm just worried that I am going to hurt someone or say the complete wrong thing because of it.
>>
>>36608317

Like what, autobot?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 200x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 200x245px
>>36607791
Not anon, although diagnosed sperg, but yes and no. Autism is more or less a family of disorders where the social part of your brain is underformed. Many higher functioning subsets (Like Aspergers) have been compensated in a semi functioning social ability, and an above average IQ(I'm 147).
Mid to low functioning people (Classic Autism) tend to have lower IQs, not be self aware, have very odd interests, and sometimes be non verbal.
Effectively, Aspergers and the highest levels of autism are effectively a different disorder. We have self awareness, and social skills(not n*rmal level but able to socialize with n*rmals), and we can function in society. Compare Bill Gates(Aspie) to ChrisChan(Autism). Essentially, were were born with automatic robot syndrome, and are the realest Real Feel Crew.
Also fuck whoever made Aspergers and Autism the same disorder. Now I am grouped with the drooling, screaming, and kicking retard with diapers.
>>
This thread needs a little push back up to page one
*shoves thread*
>>
>>36607288
>The people who have always gotten me closest to a blind autistic rage in public are aspies. They have no concept of personal space and are too loud. I'm quite sensitive to sound as well as light and I really don't need someone shrieking in my ear about some fucking youtube memes or whatever else they deem funny.
This. High Functioning tards need to be put down
>>
I have autismo (officially diagnosed, no self-diagnosed shit) and the main symptom for me is hypersensitivity, most things outside of my room, like just on the street can overload my brain with signals and cause a lot of stress.
I am going to try meds for this though.
Also I tend to behave and assume others behave according to rational thoughts instead of emotions (I am aware that this is not the case though obv)
>>
>>36607288
I knew a guy who was diagnosed with aspergers, he would always make me cringe with some of the shit he said, and the social boundries he'd push.
Imagine my suprise when I realized I was a sperg too, only at 27.
I wonder if getting diagnosed early is truly beneficial or not, I feel like I learned a lot by being thrown to the wolves from the beginning and not knowing I was truly different until later. Lessons like "no one cares about your autistic interests besides yourself so just shut up already"
Like, I couldn't imagine going to therapy and having some overpaid fuck tell me I need to go and try to socialize with others to get better at it. Yeah, nah, fuck that. I won't subject myself to psychological torture. Besides normies just make fun of spergs behind their backs no matter how hard they try, it all feels futile to play the social game when you already lost at it.
>>
>>36610123
Don't befriend normies, go for other robots and spergs.
I'm a sperg and I have a few friends.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.