[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you personally rate the early 2000s, robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 20

File: 1454903431757.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454903431757.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
How would you personally rate the early 2000s, robots?
>>
>>36605857
Turbulent times with really shit music.
I was just a kid though so I miss it.
>>
born 1995
7/10
>>
>>36605857
Some of my most earliest and darkest memories, I enjoyed the ps2 and the gamecube and xbox though.
>>
>>36605857
I grew up in poverty so its was pretty shitty regardless of the year.
Still struggling to even make it to fucking middle class.
>>
File: juj.png (43KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
juj.png
43KB, 1152x648px
>>36605857
you make these threads monthly brother with the same thumbnail

juj is disappointed
>>
File: super-computer-nerd.jpg (42KB, 530x402px) Image search: [Google]
super-computer-nerd.jpg
42KB, 530x402px
>>36605857
not as comfy as the 90s but still comfier than the 2010s have been so far.
>>
>>36605857
NEVER OBSOLETEt
>>
>>36605857
Better than post 2009
8/10
>>
Everything went downhill after 2008
That was honest to god the best year in every regard
>>
>>36605857
I graduated high school in 2001.
I had a shitty job and stayed high all the time, started drinking and had some fun.

All in all, not bad.
>>
File: 90s always better.jpg (154KB, 1100x821px) Image search: [Google]
90s always better.jpg
154KB, 1100x821px
>>36605857
>tfw no 90s gf
why are girls today so much uglier?
>>
File: maplestory 2006.jpg (161KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
maplestory 2006.jpg
161KB, 800x600px
>>36605857
It was the golden age of MMORPGS, when MMOs were still new and young enough that people actually explored them like completely new worlds, instead of instantly focusing on meta gaming and min maxing. No virtual world has ever felt as community based and immersive as early Maplestory, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, etc.

It's a feeling eternally frozen in time that will likely never be recreated.
>>
>>36605857
I was a recluse during that age so the only thing that I really enjoyed about that time was gaming, TV and some of the rock music.
>>
>>36605857
>tfw grew up upper middle class in early 2000s
>tfw the fucking recession/housing crisis made your family fucking poor
>tfw parents voted for Obama thinking he could fix it
>tfw he just did a bunch of stupid shit and made everything worse
i wish I could just go back to 2000 and enjoy the fucking good life for a few more years.
>>
File: 2001.jpg (84KB, 472x320px) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
84KB, 472x320px
>>36605857
Everyone here is some shitty 20-something year old kid who grew up on the internet so of course they have nostalgia for their childhood that was a decade ago.

As a grumpy 32 year old man..... I can actually objectively confirm that early 2000s were the best years of anything ever. mostly because I hasn't discovered 4chan yet, and it hadn't even been created yet, and my life was still somewhat in order.

Late 90s were also sweet. late 90s/early 2000s are sort of their own decade, culturally speaking.
>>
>>36606189
Same chemicals in the water that are turning the frogs gay
>>
>>36606189
both girls in that pic are extremely fuckable
>>
>>36606189
it's fucking high definition cameras. humans weren't meant to see things this clearly.
>>
>>36605857
born in 96 so it was really comfy for me
member runescape?
member habbo hotel?
member space cadet pinball?
>>
I rate it D2/10

> Fuckin' B.net, dudes.
>>
>>36605857
Not as good as the 90s but a hell of a lot better than today. Especially in my city (Toronto) back then housing was somewhat affordable and white people still existed.
>>
>>36605857
I had a gf....

...on runescape
>>
File: 1493137932148.jpg (43KB, 434x645px) Image search: [Google]
1493137932148.jpg
43KB, 434x645px
>fucking insecure scene girls
>good music (well at least compared to now)
>gamecube was awesome and xbox started the online gaming trend
>mmorpgs
>good cartoons
>anime started to gain popularity outside of japan
>yu gi oh/pokemon tcg
>4chan was not filled with normies
>newgrounds
>the last generation where video games came complete and you didn't have to spend shit loads of money on dlc

I give it an 8/10
>>
Pre 2008 America was still a pretty good time.

Sure there were the wars.
And the Star Wars prequels were ass.
Gas was expensive as fuck.
And had a retard for a president.

But the early 00's had:
Pre normie invasion internet.
No social media outrage culture.
Feminazi weren't attacking vidjya.
>>
>>36605857
dystpoian
>>
>>36606784
And now we have Star Wars sequels that suck, gas is still expensive as fuck, and we have an even bigger retard for president.

Really makes you think.
>>
File: anita popcorn.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
anita popcorn.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>36606784
>Feminazi weren't attacking vidjya.

are goober gobblers still worried about that
>>
I was a kid. But I wish I could have experienced it. The years of white playbar youtube poops. The golden years of CWC. When Cartoon Network still had the nood bumpers, and had good shows like Chowder. Those were good times, comfy times.
>>
File: pinball.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pinball.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>36606547
>member space cadet pinball?
holy shit, I haven't played that in years. I used to spend hours trying to beat my highest score. to the point where my parents had to force me to go outside. I completely forgot it even existed.

mine sweeper was also fun
>>
File: valakas1.jpg (338KB, 1412x807px) Image search: [Google]
valakas1.jpg
338KB, 1412x807px
>>36606237
yes
orgenigo
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
202KB, 1280x720px
>>36606878
creep night.
>>
>>36606784
>Pre normie invasion internet.
I remember when the internet was still fun and aol was still a common email site, but then social media fucking ruined everything.
>>
>>36606848
noods came out in 2008
if we're talking about the early 2000s you would probably have seen the city era bumpers
and the shows would be teen titans, power puff girls, dexters lab, johnny bravo ect.
>>
Member only having our personal Windows XP Desktop to play any sort of game
> The Realm Online
> 3D Pinball
> A shit ton of online flash games
> YouTube was kind of edgy back then (YT poops, etc)
>>
I grew up early 2000's and I hate being lumped together with the "Gen Z" special snowflake kids
I could only watch VHS tapes, I had a gameboy that needed light to see the screen, I didn't have a phone until high shool and even then it was a flip phone. I had to learn to get by and adapt with "advancing" technology
It was depressing helping out an elementary school teacher. They needed help setting up the projector and none of the kids knew how and were just texting under their desks. I remember pretty much everyone in my class would raise their hand and help when I was in school.
>>
Comfy and simpler times. But I only think that way because I was a kid during the time. The 50s, 60s and 80s probably would have been better times to grow up in.
>>
File: stubble wojak.jpg (10KB, 236x253px) Image search: [Google]
stubble wojak.jpg
10KB, 236x253px
>>36605857
>don't talk to anon, he's one of those weirdos who uses the internet all the time
good times
>>
>>36606957
> YouTube was kind of edgy back then (YT poops, etc)

yea, I miss the days of notepad tutorials, 009 sound system, gta san andrea mysteries and club penguin hacks
>>
>>36606984
>"Gen Z" special snowflake kids
your off by one faggot
>>
>>36607003
> Pewdiepie didn't exist
> VEVO wasn't really a thing (you went to midi/pirate websites if you wanted free music)
> Most subscribed channel was Fred with barely a million
>>
>>36605857
well, my circumstances were shit, but I sort of found a way to carve out a decent life for myself, the foundation of this being a more youthfully-hopeful mind that knew things would get better after high school (they didn't).
>>
File: 1493003976142.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1493003976142.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU5KXTDCf-0&list=PLN5fmudwjejFKHN_5TP8QT1baTr5XM_MO

Enjoy, lads.
>>
Nostalgia is just a coping mechanism in the brain. Your life has and always will be shit, however your brain will heighten and wane its awareness of this fact throughout your life.
>>
File: 1416483901353.jpg (18KB, 258x90px) Image search: [Google]
1416483901353.jpg
18KB, 258x90px
>>36606998

>"Never share your personal information over the Internet."
>"Never put photos of yourself online."
>>
>>36607054
wait wait wait... so bigfoot was actually real? holly shit!
looks like lurking around the forest for hours as a kid wasn't a waste of time!
>>
I'm 32 so I don't really remember much at all of the 80's, I remember a fair bit of the 90's, and a good part of the 2000's.

For me, the early 2000's were pretty terrible compared to the 90's. That's mostly because of 9/11 and how it changed the entire culture. I'm not even American, but the paranoia that the government and mass media were constantly hyping totally changed everything, everyone in entertainment and the media became much more statist and blindly pro-"America" in those years after 9/11, it took a while before it had gone on long enough for things to start getting funny.

Worst thing was the pop culture and music, MSM still had HUGE sway, so rap\hiphop, wigger shit, country music, fucking "skaters" like limp bizkit etc still were unavoidable if you ever turned TV on (gradually stopped doing that). They just mass-produced shit because the conveyer belt meant people would consume what was offered, whereas today the end-user determines quality a lot more.

Best thing I can recall about the early 2000's was that in Australia internet speeds were gradually climbing, there was a transition to flatscreen LCD over CRT monitors, there were more females on MSN to keylog, and best of all... Ghost in the Shell SAC came out.

But really... 1080p HD only really took off (in my experience) around 2008\9, Youtube didn't have HD till about 2010 or something I think, and certainly didn't have much HD content... I discovered r9k in 2010 and those were some of the best years of my life, discovering that I wasn't 'alone', that others had all sorts of hilarious stories of social awkwardness and walking around alone during school lunch hour, etc. I got red-pilled on women here, learnt a lot, grew as a person. r9k died sometime around 2015 for me but meh.

Overall early 2000's were, relatively speaking, really shit.
>>
shit. like 90s but even worse. t.1981
>>
>>36606817
Gas is cheap where I'm at, it's around $2.20 per gallon. Don't you remember when it was over $5? That's expensive. Gas now especially when you factor inflation, is pretty cheap now.
>>
>>36606936
City era was the best era of children's television generally
https://youtu.be/j27vdTSn7IE
>>
>>36606077
90's were GOAT

t. oldfag
>>
>>36607179
I know
if cn decided to bring this era back but with its current shows I would be beyond happy
>>
>tfw everything was more innocent back then

Fuck this kind of nostalgia should hurt but since my head suffered brain trauma they're not as painful
>>
>>36605857
i was in high school in the early 2000's, and if you ask anyone from then, they'll reminisce how the internet was its own golden age to speak, in that it was still vast and unexplored. like, you actually had to search individual sites as google, etc. were not that comprehensive.

heh, i remember how school had "clicks", nothing serious, but you had those there enjoyed somethingawful.com, then the embaumsworld types, etc.

dunno...even outside of the internet, the world still felt bigger and had more potential, like there was still a chance at life. now...not so much.
>>
File: albinoblacksheep.png (20KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
albinoblacksheep.png
20KB, 256x256px
>>36607284
I really miss the Internet Flash community.
>>
File: 1472959383263.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472959383263.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>36605857
Best times of my life, everything has been downhill since
>>
>>36607319
holly shit! I had forgotten about albino blacksheep!
>>
>>36607319
The annoying strawberry is the only thing I remember. Oh and the lord of the rings song about the potato soup.
>>
>>36607284
Ebaums World
Newgrounds
Something Awful
Funnyjunk
Geocities
Angelfire
Homestarrunner
Stickdeath
Addictinggames
mp3free

Those some good times on the net.
>>
The only thing I miss is that internet was much more simple, readable and not filled with gigabytes of unnecessary crap. You could smoothly browse internet and watch videos online even with relatively shitty computer.

Now it's impossible to comfortably browse anything more than simple webpages if you don't have at least mid-end PC.
>>
>>36606189
>>36606437
>>36606502
>>36606349

People don't walk around as much as they used to. They're less physically active. They stay inside in front watching netflix and fucking around on their stupid computers all day instead of driving around all day going places and dancing at the clubs all night.

The 2010s girl probably doesn't seem to get as much sun or exercise as the 1990s girl. Look at her fat arms and her less tanned complexion. She's also a slob (look at her shitty nails and she probably uses more makeup). She seems sort of Jewish or Middle Eastern too.
>>
>>36606593

>FOR THE HORDES!
>>
>>36607164
Shit didnt just change after 9/11.

You're 90s nostalgia is just greater because you were a kid.

Shit was already going to hell in the 90s. I remember going to some places with my Dad and his friends in the 90s, and some of his older friends made some comments like "this place doesn't even look like America, theres so many Mexicans" and shit like that. Arena rock and all other genuinely American things were flushed down the toilet as the dedia started shifting resources to produce things favored by growing population of spics, niggers, and wiggers.
>>
I dunno. I'm old enough to remember and it was just this clusterfuck of America Fuck Yeah politics, blind consumerism, and shitty pop culture. Internet culture was still pretty good because the normies hadn't discovered it yet (Newgrounds, YTMND, etc.) But it was slow as shit and honestly wasn't as good as nostalgia makes it seem. Music was fucking terrible. Indie music hadn't broken through the way it has now and internet-originated genres and styles weren't even a thing. I can go back now and listen to a lot of good music that came out then, but there's no way I heard it back then - all pop, alternative, rap, and country. It was all really offputting. But on the other hand, the 10's are just depressing as fuck. Like we have amazing technology and things are "objectively" getting better but everything is still total shit and feels a lot darker.
>>
>>36607707

>Shit didnt just change after 9/11.

I was 16 in 2001, and I didn't have 'nostalgia', I had a good impression of the massive cultural shift that took place. The media went from terrorism being a 'special interest' thing to being a CONSTANT thing. 2001-2005 was insane, there was 911, then the invasion of Afghanistan and then the invasion of Iraq. The theme of 'nuclear terrorism' was promoted by the President himself, they were constantly promoting paranoid and the MSM got in on this too. If you don't believe there was a major tonal shift that lasted at least the first 4 years of the 2000's, you mustn't have been there.

>Shit was already going to hell in the 90s
>Arena rock

Holy shit, that was a 70's-80's thing. Music changes, tastes change. Countries change. Deal with it.
>>
>>36606152
this, 2008 was magical, a place where one had to decide its faith, but we all made mistakes, and mine was to start playing world of warcraft and getting addicted.

Topkek. Literally.
>>
>>36607054
I always watched my father play that game, i laughed at the sex scene in the cabin, i actually just thought the girl would hit cj, my father cringed
good times
>>
>>36607816
Terrorism was a thing since the 70s.

The day to day cultural shit has nothing to due with terrorism. The culture went to shit in the late 80s, and the decline accelerated in the 90s. Mass surveillance, gated communities, the white working class finally being kicked into the grave, etc. All happened in the 90s.
>>
>>36607816
>The media went from terrorism being a 'special interest' thing to being a CONSTANT thing. 2001-2005 was insane, there was 911, then the invasion of Afghanistan and then the invasion of Iraq.
Man I remember thinking how crazy that was, even then. Like people think of Iraq now as this big mistake we made that was almost sort of erroneous. But back then it was painted as this very logical next step from Afghanistan. Axis of Evil and all that. And it didn't make sense then (Iraq and Iran hated each other, North Korea was completely unrelated) but everyone just sort of went with it and swallowed all the bullshit about spreading democracy and all that shit. People went full nutjob patriotism about it too, like people who were anti-war obviously hated America. The big thing I remember was the whole "support the troops" bullshit, as if sending someone to die for no reason and then refusing to provide physical and mental healthcare to the survivors is support.
>>
>>36607870

>Terrorism was a thing since the 70s.

Holy shit why do you keep coming back? Terrorism has been a thing since well before the 70's, and yes there was terrorism in the 70's, 80's and 90's, but 9/11 was the first major attack of any kind to take place on American soil, it was highly organised and involved literally crashing airliners full of people into major landmarks including the Pentagon - something that had literally never happened before, even overseas. Holy fuck. My point isn't that the attacks themselves were significant or that terrorism was new... my point is that the culture changed massively in the years immediately after the attack. Anyone who was around at the time witnessed the shift from the optimistic, relaxed culture of the 90's to absolute paranoid of 2001-2005.

>The culture went to shit in the late 80s...

I'm Australian so I couldn't give a flying fuck about a cultural shift within the US. Here's the issue - I'm referring to a global, widespread, widely acknowledged major and sudden shift in the tone and focus of pretty much everyone that took place after a single days events. You're talking about far more subjective evaluations of culture within your country. Everyone feels that things used to be better - but your example of "the white working class finally being kicked into the grave" is the ultimate example of how retarded this mentality is. The white working class in 1990, 2000, 2010 are all significantly better off, have more leisure time, have more access to fundamentals and even luxuries, have better access to knowledge and information than any people living before them. The "white working class suddenly betrayed" thing is something that goes back hundreds of years. Get over yourself.
>>
>>36605857
>early 2000
>that pic
10000/10 my mang
>>
It was good because it was the honest to god last time when it felt like the internet was useful but hadn't yet taken over everything.

Video games were good
Tv was ok, i mean we had shit like The Wire, Sopranos and Six Feet Under which all had a laid back slow burn type vibe.

Rock music had already gone pure shit by then and I can't see myself being even ironically nostalgic for rock music around that time.

Fashion was cool emo hadn't truly taken off yet and that's back when you could really just toss on anything and go. No streetwear dickheads gone mainstream or hypebeast. There was no "cool" in those years, at least where I lived. I don't know why the idea of "cool" came back.
>>
>bad music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMfxI3r_LyA
What the fuck are you robots talking about? This was, and still is, the shit.
Even LP was good, you just learned to hate it because of the cringey memories of you being young. I mean, sure, there were tons of shitty mainstream music when it was at least okay in previous decades, but just discarding the entire decade as shit throws gems like this in the bin along the rest.
>>
>>36607816
It also got a lot worse during the 2003 Iraq war.
>>
>>36607996
>the culture changed massively in the years immediately after the attack

Maybe for the globe trotting set, but not much changed for your average middle class person.

If anything, mass shootings (like the one that autistic Australian carried out that led to all your guns getting banned) changed the average person's life more than 9/11

>"white working class suddenly betrayed" is something that goes back hundreds of years.

Nope. Read a book you ignorant Aussie. Maye be 170 years max
>>
>>36607504
That's exactly why I love sites like 4chan and Drudge Report. Web 2.0 is cancer.
>>
Easily, 2000-2003 is the best period of my life.
>>
>>36610441
I find 2001 was particularly amazing for video games. All of the GameCube launch games, Halo: Combat Evolved, The Sims 1, SSX, Tony Hawk, along with many others. Very underrated year for games.
>>
10/10 would pay a lot of money to play on a private MU server with a big community again
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.