[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How important is lying to success in life? Are you screwed if

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1489206125756.jpg (313KB, 612x716px) Image search: [Google]
1489206125756.jpg
313KB, 612x716px
How important is lying to success in life? Are you screwed if you're a bad liar or refuse to (consciously) lie?
How has it helped you?
Do you feel bad about it?
>>
File: Noxus.png (6KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
Noxus.png
6KB, 128x128px
To be honest, lying might be the best solution in many situations, but as it happens to be, you always need to find your way out of sticky situations, and that's a huge drag. I can't be arsed to have to think about stuff for too long, so I just tell the truth, and be done with it on the spot, even if I get backlash.

It's even worse when they find out, really.

Lying is a chore. Life is too short to have to bother with this, just assume your mistakes and move on.
>>
>>36605017
>Lying is a chore. Life is too short to have to bother with this, just assume your mistakes and move on.

The last part is right, but if you are a liar, you can't "assume" your mistakes.. whatever that means.
>>
I'd rather just show people my true identity and tell them that I don't have to put up with their shit and deal with excommunication or disappointing them than lying to them. If they can't respect my stance than they aren't worth my time desu.
>>
Why will a virgin get laid if he doesn't lie?
>>
From my experience, honesty has gotten me farther and even reduced sentences on my past fuckups.
>>
>>36605593
Because he "wants" to get laid.. not because he "needs" to. Big difference.
>>
>>36605055
"assuming your mistake" was because usually lies are to cover up a mistake. Otherwise you don't really need to lie, yes?

Also, I'm not sure. I mean, if you lie about something, doesn't that mean that you are ashamed of it, and in a way, think that it is bad?

If it was good, there'd be even less reasons not to say the truth. Or so I believe.
>>
If you're ugly, you might have to lie. If you're good looking you shouldn't have to go that far.
>>
>>36605637
Girls don't care about what he wants. So how will he get laid if he doesn't lie?
>>
>>36605728
right, you dont need to lie, you just have to want it, you all know what being competitive means right?
>>
>>36605758
No one cares what you want. They care about what they want. Girls don't want virgins. They can't compete if they're not in the running.

So how can they compete without lying?
>>
>>36605860
You're getting in YOUR head man, be in the present moment, what you want is the only thing that should matter, you will act accordingly, if you really want it.
>>
>>36604843
succsess is subjective
>>
>>36605899
So you will lie if lying will get you what you want. And virgins are in a situation where they'll have to lie.
>>
>>36605967
You won't have to, no one asks if you are a virgin, if you act properly they will assume you aren't
>>
>>36604843
You can get by in live without lying.
That's is if you want to do things the dumb and hard way,
And you don't consider omission lying.
>>
>>36604843
Watch eyes and listen to people's voices. Pay attention to what you do when you're lying.

Don't make falsehood a part of your identity, and learn the social dynamics of lying.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.