[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

File: 681746098.jpg (310KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
681746098.jpg
310KB, 1000x625px
How do you feel about dying and being dead?

>Are you afraid of death?
>What do you think it's like dying
>What would be the worst part about dying
>What do you think it's like after you're actually dead
>What do you hope it's like being dead?
>Do you wanna be reincarnated and if so, what do you wanna be reborn as?

also general comfy pictures thread
inb4 cringy atheist attempts to derail thread
>>
>>36596182
I think that from our perspective you can never actually die, because when you die, there is no conciousness to percieve it
>>
>>36596182
I welcome it.
Slow and painful.
See above.
The world carries on.
Quiet and undisturbed.
Not really. I'd like to be a Dik-Dik though.
>>
File: 1492872660659.gif (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492872660659.gif
204KB, 500x375px
I hope that when you die there is nothing. I don't want to exist anymore.
>>
>fear
Yes
>whats it like
Probably very disorienting
>worst part
The very sudden and rapid progression into a state of mind (or lack thereof) that you have never known
>what do I think its like
No freaking idea, but I actually don't believe in the endless void or nothingness
>what I hope for
Taking a big step back but mostly still being "myself". Like going into a room full of people you were mortal enemies with in an MMO and talking to them casually about all the weird stuff that happened. No pain, no pleasure, no guilt, no forgiveness, just "observations" and an inexplicable lightness.
>reincarnate
Someone with a good scientific and musical mind who also has a group of close friends and does a lot of drugs with them. Fuck conflict and all of that it would be a peaceful life, ideally. Maybe being an ayy would be cool but idk man it could also be pretty jarring if they were a lot different from us.
>>
no, of dying, sure
Depends on how you die, many methods are painful
The part where you're not quite dead yet
What would it be like? It's like nothing, because you're not there to perceive it
I've come to realize that in the long run, any kind of afterlife is probably worse than just disappearing into nothingness. Being a god might not be so bad though. You could choose to not have all too elevated intellect or memory, change anything to suit your tastes, but also have the option of just going with the flow.
See above
>>
File: Q3nMCVEpC8Y.jpg (239KB, 1280x778px) Image search: [Google]
Q3nMCVEpC8Y.jpg
239KB, 1280x778px
>>36596182
not really, dying maybe
strange and calming
the pain it will bring to my family
maybe nothingness
I hope you lose all your negative traits like autism and just start an adventure or something. Going through purgatory on a lifelong journey to reach paradise. Kinda like a game or a movie
not really, I'd totally live forever as the person I am in paradise. But I guess I wanna be born as a shark or something
>>
>>36596182
I try not to think about dying.

I think its tragic but you can't care about it and other people can't do anything about it so its not worth caring about.

The worst part of dying is feeling yourself sliwly die. Or if its a quick death then then the worst part is you won't be around to experience anything anymore.

I think everything continues but it might as well not since you stop existing and your consciousness is the only thing that matters to yourself.

I just hope its not negative. It doesn't matter if its absolute nothingness, but if its eternity of something undesireable its truly the worst thing that can happen to a person.

If I was reincarnated i'd want to be a cute girl. Because thats different than what I am now. But only if I keep certain aspects about myself like attraction to women and predisposition to like my my current hobbies, and be smart and lazy.
>>
File: 67a.jpg (404KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
67a.jpg
404KB, 1920x1080px
>>36596182
>no
>like falling asleep if it's a painless death
>no more fun
>like nothingness, your brain is gone so your thoughts are as well
>above
>no
I really hope that there is no afterlife. Have you seen old people. They're done with their lives and are ready to rest. They just continue on because there's no point in ending it after being alive so long.
>>
>>36596182
>I am of the death of others. I don't really mind
>I think no matter how you die, the moments before you pass are peaceful
>Knowing that I've made people cry, not being able to fix my mistakes anymore
>Nothingness
>Like Heaven or something. Just peace
>Yes, make me some shitty animal with no responsibilities and less autism
>>
Ehh, it's pretty intimidating to think about.
Sudden but peaceful :)
If it's not instant, the prolonged pain and agony. like cancer
literally nothing
refer to last answer
I'd be reborn as another waste of life who sits in his room all day jackin' to anime
good life
>>
File: 18974874.jpg (716KB, 828x1300px) Image search: [Google]
18974874.jpg
716KB, 828x1300px
>>36596182
No, but I'm not sure if I want it to be painful
Like falling asleep
Losing my memes I guess
No idea, I'm curious though
Going to some dreamlike dimension with surreal shit all around that keeps changing according to your subcounscious.
Basically a lucid dream.
Depends on what it'll actually be like when I'm dead.
But if I end up not liking it, I'd obviously want to reincarnate as a cute japanese girl.
>>
File: 1478580668281.jpg (468KB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1478580668281.jpg
468KB, 2000x1414px
Yes but it's mostly only a fear of the unknown.
Like loosing consciousness or sleeping.
Watching my body slowly stop working aswell as the panic I would inevitably feel.
I hope it's not nothing, I want answers. But I believe it will either be forced reincarnation or realizing I just made myself live through this life in some other universe.
Not painful.
Girls have it easy mode but men are so much better in every way. probably a starving philosopher, Diogenes and others like him have inspired me a lot.
>>
Dying is your soul letting go of its physical form and transcending into the astral plane. It zooms through until it hits the next spurt of life it cares to inhabit. You have always been alive and always will be.
>>
In concept no, but any time I'm close to it I fear it instinctually. I know that everyone has their time to go, and I've come to terms with it, but if I were really in a life-or-death situation I would still fear it just by nature.
The fatal incident obviously varies but the actual act of dying hopefully feels just like falling asleep
If we can feel the pain AFTER the act of dying but we can never know until we get there
Assuming heaven doesn't exist I feel like it's probably you being unconscious but seeing what you normally would in an average dream.
Hopefully heaven exists because it sounds nice, if not that, then hopefully it's just like a nice dream or a good acid trip
Depends on what actually happens. I might choose to later. If I do, I would prefer being some sort of higher being than a human.
>>
Yes
You only know you were sleeping once you wake up.
Waking up
Nothing
I wish there's a higher meaning to life and the universe, and in a way or another, I hope I'll get an answer.
I really don't want to be reincarnated, in fact I'm really f*uckin scared of it ... I've thought about it a lot these days, I'm already tired of living and thinking that it could not stop is terrifying. It's weird to be more scared of life than death .. Anyone feeling the same ?
>>
>>36596182
I really fucking hope there isn't an afterlife, the idea that death is the ending of my minds existence is the only comfort to me.
>>
Not as much as blindness or paralysis, as long as it comes quickly.

You probably feel an energy tear and seamlessly transition to the next phase. You will probably feel an extremely heightened sense of awareness, like clouds being lifted.

pain before.

Confusing at first. I would venture around and explore before entering any light.

not like this phase of life.

Yes. Whatever is needed to level up. [spoiler[chad please[/spoiler]
>>
>>36602222
stupid square bracket error again (same thing compilers hate when I'm coding.) I'll keep this for the quads.
>>
File: 1389356507875.jpg (120KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1389356507875.jpg
120KB, 575x1024px
>>36596182

>>Are you afraid of death?

Not in the slightest, I eagerly await it. I want to die 10^10000000 times more than you want to squirt inside your newly acquired, mutually in love, virgin 10/10 qt3.14gf soulmate 4ever.

>>What do you think it's like dying

Like everyone else has said, it depends on how you die, in what way and in what context. I'll probably suicide from a height, so it'll probably be survival instinct going berserk for a few seconds.

>>What would be the worst part about dying

If it's slow and painful.

>>What do you think it's like after you're actually dead

Like everyone who has gone through it reports what it's like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwyVFW9kT8k

You leave your body, you enter the light, you're home in eternity where you're infinitely happy, where all of us are family, and you can create whatever you want and do whatever you want. I will be partying with the rainbows for quite a while after arrival!

>>What do you hope it's like being dead?

Never really thought about it.

>>Do you wanna be reincarnated and if so, what do you wanna be reborn as?

We will all reincarnate eventually, given that we're living in eternity and choose these lives for the shits and giggles of it.

Also, see this documentary: http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-i-died/
>>
>>36596182
No
Peaceful. Quiet. Slow
Leaving the people that (((love))) me
Sleep
S L E E P
A dead person lol
>>
File: 74635299162603.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
74635299162603.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>36602635
>Not in the slightest, I eagerly await it
same, though I don't wanna an hero just life until I die by myself

>you're home in eternity where you're infinitely happy, where all of us are family
feel the same way
we're just here on earth to fuck around in a physical body, when this body dies we go back to our soulbros in the afterlife which is free from autism and depression, talk about the shitty lives we had to endure, hang out a bit before we say goodbye and go live another hopefully not shitty life
>>
>>36596182
I'm afraid of dying and the pain it entails, not death.

You fall unconscious, then "you" dissipate.

When your body begins to decline.

There is nothing. The afterlife is sold to people who can't cope with their own or others' inexistence and the lack of a natural purpose in life.

That I'm right, and there's nothing. Otherwise I bet on the wrong horse.

Not on this world.
>>
>>36596182
if your pic is what's on the other side. I'm ready to go now, desu
>>
>>36602863
It's way, WAY better than that pic.

https://youtu.be/19QeKtVxrI4

5:45 and forward for the best part, including video footage.
>>
File: 1493076513397.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493076513397.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>36596182
No, I do not fear death or what comes after, I accept my fate
I imagine it differs depending on how you're dying, it could be like sleeping, it could be like a fever dream or it could be painful.
Probably the pain before you die or how your family will feel
Like when you're asleep or before you were born. I like to think I die when i go to sleep, while I'm asleep I can't remember my life, I am nothing, completely understand aware of my existence
Peaceful, I hope their is an afterlife so I can go to heaven or pay for my sins in hell
I would only like to be reborn if it was in the future where no one has to work, I'd like to be a female this time, easy mode!
>>
File: ParadoxOfGod.jpg (520KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ParadoxOfGod.jpg
520KB, 1920x1080px
>>36596182
No.

Depends on the type of death. Gunshot to the head you probably wouldn't even notice, or maybe you'd just feel a sharp pain for an instant then be out like a light. Bleeding out you'll probably feel the same as when you're about to fall asleep. Just sort of slipping away.

Probably your thoughts. Knowing me I'd probably be thinking about all the shit I didn't get to do, and all the people I'm leaving behind to hurt (hehe xd like fucking 5 but still).

Nothing. Blank. Consciousness stops. Like sleep, but forever. I don't believe in an afterlife or a god or anything like that. Pic related is my reasoning.

I don't really hold out hope for an afterlife, but in terms of what I want to happen when I die, I want to "ascend". I want life to be some precursor to existing on a higher plane. I know there's no feasible way for that to really happen, but it'd still be pretty dope.

I don't know. Life's pretty boring and tedious. I think I'd rather stay dead, unless I can be reincarnated into a life that's more fun.
>>
>>36596182
Yeah, mostly just because I don't feel fulfilled yet.
Maybe I'll hallucinate for a bit, maybe I'll feel pain in the membrane.
Not being able to go back, I like being alive, even if it's mostly shit, I sometimes find fleeting moments of bliss in my life that lift me up and make me want to go on, but knowing that it will at one point have to end is the worst part of being aware of death.
Being dead itself wouldn't be much of a problem, I think.
It's weird, you just go back to being a natural part of the universe, you have no recollection of things, no senses, no perception, no memory, no feelings, you just are, you're the universe, how can I explain being the universe?
I hope there's re-encarnation of some sort, hopefully lineage based or at least species based.
a real human bean
Definitely not an animal, I just want to experience human life again.
>>
File: 1487501064764.gif (210KB, 320x416px) Image search: [Google]
1487501064764.gif
210KB, 320x416px
No, just got to accept it
It feels as if time has stopped completely and then... who knows
The moment before death hits you and you recall everything bad that has happened to you in your life
Can't say for sure, possibly nothingness
Finally bringing peace and calmness to your mind, no fear, no troubles just warm sensations surging through you, but I really hope it's some form of what heaven might be like. You finally have a chance to find happiness after death
Bring me back as a monk who leads a path of self awareness and can let go of simple and selfish desires of greed and want
>>
Sometimes
Depends on how the person feels about death, could be a comfort to some, terror to others
Shitting yourself
Reincarnation? Possibly? Not ruling out anything. I hope I get to stick around and haunt people
That I stay dead lol
Yes, a golden retriever in an upper middle class white family.
>>
Who isn't?
>What do you think it's like dying?
Depends on how you die.
>What would be the worst part about dying?
Missing out on future technologies.
>What do you think it's like after your actually dead?
I have no idea.
Reuniting with your loved ones and living in a comfy cabin with your waifu and a pet dinosaur.
If I was gonna be reincarnated I'd wanna be a dinosaur.
>>
No.
I don't know.
About "dying" nothing, but there are painful ways to die, physical or psychological. I prefer to die in physical pain than to die in psychological pain.
Eternal bliss or eternal suffering.
I don't hope anything besides happiness.
Not sure if reincarnated, but I want my personality to persist after death.
>>
not scared of not being alive but id be terrified to die in a wreck or shot up. i sometimes wanna stick a shotgun in my mouth but i feel like somehow id live since id be doing it in my back yard in a subdivision people could come quick. plus im a pussy. i would like to be able to have the option to just choose a date to die one, i dont think i would instantly if given the chance but i want to know i have an instant way out.

i seriously hope this is all there is and there is no reincarnation. i seriously cant grasp why im me and not sensing through someone else instead of me.

i really like to smoke but sometimes i cough up phlem and id hate to get cancer only because i feel like people would rub it in my face
>>
>legitimately want to kill self
>terrified of death

who else knows this feel
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.