[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're not depressed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1472761337191.jpg (162KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472761337191.jpg
162KB, 500x750px
You're just overstimulated.
I had non meme depression not long ago, and there was this constant sick feeling in my stomach. I didn't eat, didn't touch my laptop, didn't seek attention like you people on here and definitely didn't want tfw gf.

you're all so used to being constantly entertained and engaged with on here that everything else is dulled in comparison. This becomes the norm. Talking whatever shit you like becomes the norm. Do you know how damaging not having a censor is? Do you know how damaging it is to get reinforcement for your maladaptive ways? To be validated for things like
>i'm so depressed
>my social/love life is shit
>my sleeping pattern is shit
>my diet is shit
>my genetics are shit

I suggest you try a day off r9k, or 4chan rather. You'd be surprised how much better your mentality becomes.
>>
>>36589927
>decide to turn off the computer
>stare at the wall for a few hours
>>
I would say understimulated. By browsing 4chan, your brain is always being stimulated at a low level. Go out. Stimulate yourself properly. Talk to people. Work. Excercise. Be around people. That's some activities that pull you off the low stimulated state and turns you into a fully stimulated man proper.
>>
>>36589927
I'd wager my problem is life-long nihilism much more than depression.

I just can't get out of that mindset. Probably never will.
>>
>>36590067
Switch to absurdism.
>>
I might have bipolar disorder and changing my diet has helped wonders.
I avoid most foods high in starch and eat lots of legumes, fruit and vegetables.
>>
Nah im pretty depressed desu
>>
I spent a month outside of 4chan and my life went to shit.

I'm used to venting here. Having no place to vent, I started saying unusually retarded shit to my friends and ended up making an ass of myself in front of everyone.

Also I was so bored I ended up jacking off three times a day, at a time I was doing it three times a week.
>>
Im without PC for 3 weeks now and will be for a few more by choice and yesterday I spent 15 mins brain afk coin flipping and started laughing after I realized it made me feel better than vegetating on imageboards. I still do it on the phone but a bit less than PC times. It does you some good to spend a bit of time away from your addiction. The boredom becomes overwhelming and you just start doing the things you kept delaying eventually.
>>
>>36590135
Seems you need help anon, not 4chan
>>
>>36589927
I have literally nothing to do, i hate everything else. I'm probably going to die shit posting. If i were to get off r9k i'd have nothing to do.
>>
>>36590541
you make things to do. hobbies.
>>
File: 1491514016225.gif (2MB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1491514016225.gif
2MB, 500x379px
>>36591873
not that anon you replied too but the small hobbies I have or had are either not enjoyable anymore... The one thing I thought I was decent at and coulda maybe made a career out of doesn't feel right for me anymore so I just sit on r9k all day
>>
File: IMG_2422.jpg (159KB, 397x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2422.jpg
159KB, 397x570px
Senpai Grimes
>>
>>36590124
try it, it works.

I don't agree with op though, don't do cold turkey for a day, do one hour for a week, always at the same time of day.
>>
>>36591941
things start to "feel right" when you start seeing the results, and seeing all the positive effects the activity has on you.
>>
What's the point? We're going to die anyway.
>>
>>36590135
This.

Like, I already am too much for my friends emotionally and I rant her pretty often. I need to process this feelings with others but the whole of myself is too much to handle. It's either slice up myself or vent on a Mongolian Bratwurst Forum
>>
>>36589927
I think anyone who uses a computer all the time and is depressed or even slightly unhappy should immediately stop using it for as long as they can.
Now if only my fucking college class work wasn't all on this fucking computer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.