[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here has had their wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 12

File: 1409902357770.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1409902357770.png
30KB, 633x758px
Who here has had their wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt?
>>
Nah, they just drug you. You won't remember shit
>>
>>36582252
Had all 4 pulled out the same time.
It's mentally difficult because you can't really eat decent food for like 2-3 weeks.
Lost 10 pounds on a jello/soup diet.

It doesn't really hurt, after a week, but it's annoying because the wounds are still in the healing process.
>>
You won't feel them getting ripped out. You won't feel anything for like 18 or so hours because they drug you good.

But the week after is one of the worst pains imaginable
>>
>>36582252
They knock you out first. When you wake up you'll feel like shit, and your jaw will hurt. It's not bad though. Also no solid food for a few days.
>>
>>36582304
I'm afraid of what I'll say under the drugs. Like I just jacked off to the Wendy's logo and I don't want anyone to know that.
>>
I had my wisdom tooth crack and break apart slowly. That kinda hurt, but not really.
Now all that's left is a sharp bit of tooth and a hole in my gum.
>>
getting percocet from wisdom teeth taken out was the first time i learned drugs were good
>>
>>36582252
you aren't awake while they're pulling them but it aches like a son of a bitch afterwards.
make sure you ask for the strongest pain meds available
>>
I had a root canal yesterday. I didn't get any anesthetic (mexico) shit's a 8/10 not screaming in pain only tears
especially when he's scrapping the nerve out with a needle one of the worst pains i had in my life
>>
i had a wisdom tooth cut out in january

they swab you with a local anesthetic and talk to you while it takes effect, then you feel a pinch as they stick a needle into your gums and inject you with novocaine. the rest is slightly uncomfortable, you can smell something burning as your tooth is drilled into and every now and then the drill will hit a nerve but you won't feel the pain, just a dull sensation where you can definitely tell its a nerve

shit will hurt like absolute hell after the novocaine wears off but you will have pain pills and i suggest you go straight to the pharmacy and get them and take them as soon as you start to feel pain again. if they give you acetaminophen/hydrocodone i recommend doing a cold water extraction so you can take more and feel better

oh, and i had my surgery in january and i still feel pain sometimes where i had it removed
>>
It all depends on how developed your wisdom teeth are. I waited a long time to had my pulled, and it was easy as shit.

However, sometimes they have to break your jaw to get to the teeth, that shit sucks.
Either way, don't be a faggot. You get drugs
>>
>>36582357
I'm worried about this too. Also places in my state are cutting back on the amount of vicoden they give you to combat opiate addiction. So I was planning to smoke weed for pain relief, but apparently I can't smoke or even use a straw for like a week afterwards.
>>
>>36582412
you can just not be put to sleep. it's not that bad, you still don't feel shit and its less expensive
>>
>>36582380
Bullshit. You would've fainted.
>>
>>36582252
Always get general anesthesia. Don't settle for local.
I got all 4 out at once. 2 were impacted and had cysts growing around them.
The second I woke up, I was in pain. I stayed that way for almost 2 weeks, despite getting both lortabs and percoset. I got both since the percs weren't helping - called the doc for the lortabs. They helped but not enough. The food thing wasn't a big deal since I've had many surgeries that required liquid only diets.

The fewer complications and variables, the easier it will be. It's a lot less painful if yours have already broken the surface.
>>
>>36582252
I was waiting for it to happen, but then the dentist told me it was already done and over with. kek.

>does it hurt
you feel nothing. because they will make it go numb before they do anything
>>
>>36582412
I smoked weed through my nose after I my wisdom teeth pulled out.
>>
>>36582412
Get some edibles or tincture.
>>
You pretty much spend a week not able to eat anything harder than pudding because it hurts like a motherfucker to even open your mouth. On the bright side though you get an excuse to do nothing for a week besides get high on painkillers.
>>
>>36582441
mexico is a poor country they're tame with anesthetic. plus how did people do dentistry before all this shit. you're all just pussies
>>
>>36582357
>>36582412
i was afraid of this too
i dealt with it by telling them outrageous bullshit stories about myself from the moment i walked in the office
that way they had no way of judging where my lies ended and my intoxicated truthfulness began
>>
>>36582469
Good idea...thanks anon! I think this is the first time I've found good advice on r9k
>>
>>36582252
It was kind of fun those were some A+++ painkillers I got. I barely needed them after the first day so I just saved them and took them for fun.

I was also there for some other bullshit with another one of my teeth, so they took my wisdom teeth out while I was under.

>>36582357

Don't believe all those vines and normie videos of OH MY GOD MUM XD I'M SO HIGH LMAO I WANT BALLOONS WHERE'S SANTA CLAUS.

This is my greentext of how it went down for me
>sit in chair
>they prep all the things
>"Okay mister Anon, we're now giving you the IV and you should feel it shortly"
>think to myself "haha yeah right dude I smoked SO much weed I'll be stone scold sober and then y-"
>immediately pass out
>wake up
>"Hello mister anon! Are you awake? Take your time to get your bearing, sit up when you feel like it"
>walk out the door
>feel kind of high but fairly sober
>my mouth feels swollen
>go buy soup and jello and frozen yogurt with my mom at the grocery store next door.
>eat painkillers
>>
File: 1471751704779.jpg (49KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1471751704779.jpg
49KB, 600x338px
>>36582252
They put you under, so the procedure is painless and will only last 1 second to you. The pain depends on how old you are - the younger, the shorter the recovery period. The pain is exactly like a bell curve. On the first day, your mouth is probably still numb, just blood. The second, your face will feel sore. Third and fourth are probably the worst, and your cheeks will swell to the point where it looks like you're holding air in your mouth. After that, the pain dies down and is very minimal after about 7 days.

During this period, just sleep, take pain meds, and force yourself to eat non-solid foods i.e soup, pudding, ice cream, etc. Also make SURE to clean the empty sockets well after surgery. They will get infected very quickly
>>
>>36582357
Trust me i was afraid of that as well. The only dumb thing i said was to the nurse and i told her they had me tripping balls on that gas. Then i was quiet the rest of the drive home.
>>
>>36582252
Got all four taken out during training for the army.

Week of light duty then no tough foods for a month or so. A deep seated pain, especially if they cut it out like they did mine. I feel much better with them out though.
>>
I was given general anesthesia when I got mine out so I don't even remember the procedure.

The shit part is not being able to eat decent food for a few days. They probably won't give you narcotics anymore, but a shitload of ibuprofen or naproxen sodium is really all you need.
>>
My dentist keeps telling me I need to get my wisdom teeth removed, but I've seen the X-rays myself, and felt one of the teeth straighten out and I'm entirely convinced he just wants more money to do a procedure "just in case" it becomes a problem.

One of my wisdom teeth is more early to advance than the rest. It came in a little bit crooked, and it hurt to eat for a week, but the pressure from the rest of my teeth and mouth straightened it out by itself and now the pain is entirely gone and it feels as if nothing happened.

I feel like getting wisdom teeth removed is like the tonsillectomy of modern times. It's a simple procedure that they make almost everyone do for no particular reason other than making money and preventing relatively unlikely problems
>>
OP here.

Asking cause I just had 12 fillings done before my dentist said the wisdoms have to come out. While fillings are mostly fine, I do feel a bit of nerve pain on a couple of teeth while they're drilling and using the saw blade. I've never had a tooth pulled out, so I was wondering if it'd feel worse.

Also, that bottom needle at the back under the tongue is the worst shit. Maybe I'm a pussy, but that shit fucking kills. Am I going to need 4 of those for the wisdoms?
>>
>>36582624
>12 fillings
It's bait guys
>>
>>36582532
>Also make SURE to clean the empty sockets well after surgery
I thought you get strictly instructed against doing this? Because you don't want to aggravate the blood clot.
>>
>>36582651
What makes you think I'm baiting?
>>
If none of them are impacted, you should get local anesthetic. Don't pussy out too.

This is coming from someone who finds getting a tooth cleaning being uncomfortable especially with a bad jaw joint and sensitive hearing.
>>
>>36582624
You'll be so fucked up on drugs that you won't even care or remember it. Also having your teeth pulled depends on how deep the roots of your teeth are. Mine were long as fuck and they had to saw my tooth in half to get it out. Drugs made it very tolerable.
>>
>>36582624
Ask for general aneasthesia

I'm this anon >>36582518

You feel literally nothing at all because you're unconscious. You wake up and the procedure is done. I'm not sure if what they gave me through the IV was morphine or what but I was out cold in a couple of seconds. I wouldn't feel pain for several several hours afterwards.
>>
>>36582624
i repeat: you will NOT BE CONSCIOUS during the operation
it's not like getting a filling where they just give you novocain. it is literal surgery with knives and they will knock your ass right out unless you specifically demand to be awake for it because you're a jehovah's witness or some shit
>>
File: tumblr_oguazhH4yC1t95h1uo1_400.gif (2MB, 377x219px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oguazhH4yC1t95h1uo1_400.gif
2MB, 377x219px
had it done a couple weeks ago, nobody told me it was happening until i was in the fuckin chair because they didn't want me to freak out

that being said, they numbed me and took em out, didn't hurt much but being awake for it's a little freaky, only takes like 5-10 minutes though.

couldn't chew for roughly a week, like other anons probably said you lose a bit of weight due to not being able to eat things you can't swallow immediately.

put some ice in a towel/bag for yourself, it'll feel real nice/relieving.
i myself took two advil's a day plus the prescribed painkillers they gave me, otherwise shit would sting and feel kinda sore.

also just a warning, on the first day you're gonna drool a lot and blood will come out, get a cup for that shit. sit up when you're going to sleep so you don't choke on your saliva.

you're probably also gonna be tired a lot, nap when ya can, the more rest the better.

oh yeah, rinse your mouth with a salt water gargle after everything you eat, don't give it a chance to get infected.
>>
>>36582357
I didn't say much stupid shit. Worst that happened was this, right after they woke me up
>"What time is it?"
>"8"
>"At night???"
>"No anon"
Also I was shivering like crazy when they finished up, that was the worst part of it for me. That and having to eat yoghurt for a few days
>>
>>36582679
how the fuck do you have to get 12 fillings?
I think i've had like 4 fillings ever, and I used to go months not brushing my teeth when I was little
>>
>>36582624
For your fillings do they ask how much you weigh so they know how much anesthesia to give you? Could they give you laughing gas? When they put the gel, can ask for a lot, I hated the pinch, I'm scared...
I have a missing tooth I don't know if I got "jewed" , will I still be able to use dentures if I get old? Or now?
How was your filling procedure? Please respond!!
>>
>>36582716
that really depends on if you've eaten or drank anything 8 hours prior to the surgery, if not while you're out that shit can get sucked up into your lungs and you can die.

not that a licensed surgeon would let that happen, and they'll convince you to just freeze your gums and take em out that way, while you/the surgeon are there at the same time rather than reschedule and wait.
>>
>>36582657
>I thought you get strictly instructed against doing this? Because you don't want to aggravate the blood clot.
I don't mean directly after surgery. Once given time to heal, you should keep an eye on the sockets. Food will gather back there, leading to an infection and pus in your mouth. That's why people are given plastic syringes to squirt salt water back there
>>
>>36582767
>>36582657
Can confirm, I was told to gargle salt water in my holes daily for like a week or two afterwards
>>
>>36582624
nah they won't inject you under the tongue for wisdom teeth, they'll inject into your gums near where the teeth lie, but if you ask for numbing gel you shouldn't feel that at all.
>>
>>36582747
Not him but I had 9 done in the span of 4 months last fall/winter. 4 of them were on the same day too. Also, I too did the same as a kid and still sometimes do because I'm a lazy prick.
>>
>>36582696
>>36582716
>>36582702
Thanks. It'll be a new experience for me.

>>36582747
By being retarded and avoiding a checkup for 2.5 years due to a dentist phobia.
>>
>>36582252
The actual process doesnt hurt you just feel them pushing down on your jaw and you hear the teeth break but you feel nothing. The next couple of weeks are quite painful but they give you codeine for it.
>>
>>36582357
>have jewish dentist
>/pol/tard
What if he hurts me on purpose because i deny the holohoax?
>>
>>36582252
Logically I want to say that it'll be a bit tough when the anaesthesia wears off but I don't actually remember much pain or discomfort. Obviously you're living on soup for a while but It was pretty bearable, honestly. My jaw hurt but waking up from drug sleep was nice. I had them all out at once too. Definitely not the nastiest experience of my life by far.
>>
>>36582801
>>36582808
But... like do you NEVER brush?

Get some cavity protecting toothpaste and brush like once a week and you'll never have to get another filling.
>>
>>36582859
MAYBE once a week. I'm at a point where two weeks ago I was told to start flossing or else gums are gonna go low tide.
>>
OP please respond to this question>>36582762
>>
>>36582589
This. I'm 26 and my wisdom teeth have never given me problems.
>>
I had all 4 taken out at the same time. Because they put you under you feel sore and drowsy. When you get out of it you have to eat soft food for about a week the you're fine.
>>
>>36582304
>They drug you out
Maybe if you're a pussy, i just got my mouth anesthesized and walked out of it as soon as it was over
>>
I had four removed at once. Zero pain until the day after the surgery for me. Otherwise everything is numb, I literally had to grab my bottom lip and place it on a cup in order to drink because I couldn't feel anything. So, not painful but you will have an uncomfortable couple of weeks
>>
>>36582387
>However, sometimes they have to break your jaw
I have a small jaw. I'm afraid they will break my jaw. is that safe? Have surgery Monday.
>>
File: the hurt spot.jpg (978KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
the hurt spot.jpg
978KB, 3264x2448px
>>36582859
I do, but I was lax. I think I mostly went at a rate of once a day.

These days I brush and floss after every meal. No amount of laziness is worth another 12 fillings.

>>36582762
>For your fillings do they ask how much you weigh so they know how much anesthesia to give you?
Nope. I had 7 done one day, and 5 a week later. 2 anesthetics for each one.

>Could they give you laughing gas?
It was never offered. I just took what they gave.

>When they put the gel, can ask for a lot
I could've probably asked for more. They were very open to my preferences.

>I hated the pinch, I'm scared...
The one on the outer gums is nothing, it might as well be a tickle.

The one on the inside, under the tongue around the back molar fucking kills. See the red circle in pic related.

>How was your filling procedure?
Not too bad. For some reason the gums between my teeth don't feel numb so it hurts a bit when they're wedging the screw between my teeth.

Coincidentally, that screw caused displacement with my bottom molars, which is resulted in them being impacted by my wisdoms now.
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (264KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
264KB, 1280x960px
>>36582928
Chill senpai. You can just get some caps and/or a "sanding" procedure done. Also, after braces, I had some molds made for invisible retainers and they even were able to make parts of the now capped teeth for the first few sets of the retainers.

im >>36582885 and yeah, i need some bleaching done or something too
>>
>>36582445
shit i said IV anesthesia?
>>
I got em all out at once, before they surfaced; legit surgery. There is only pain for the first few hours. Then I didn't even need the painkillers. Maybe I am weird though. Worst part is not being able to eat.
>>
>>36582252
>wisdom teeth are below gum line so cutting into my gums is required
>get knocked out entirely
>no pain or anything
>get home and get put on vicodin or some shit like that
>mouth aches but isn't too bad
>Pain pills make me feel good
>time to fap
>can't fucking cum after an hour of trying
>read up that the pills can make ejaculation difficult
>give up with a bad case of blue balls
>only use 2 more of the pills and just suck it up so I can fap
>mouth only aches a bit and no over the counter pain pills were necessary
>fap
>profit
I was eating regular food in about 5 days. I guess I was just lucky other than the fapping thing.
>>
>>36582989
Funny you say that.

My mum has had the worst run ever with her teeth. Her old dentist didn't anesthetize her for fillings and did a poor job putting them in, then went on to have several root canal operations, then later on in life, her teeth began to break down and she kept needing crowns.

Eventually, she just had all her teeth pulled out and replaced with those screw in teeth. The ultimate irony is that the only real teeth she has left are her wisdom teeth, as they never bothered her.
>>
I wish I could afford to have my wisdom teeth removed.
>>
File: 1487113770411.jpg (72KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
1487113770411.jpg
72KB, 1200x740px
>>36583109
What's wrong with Americans?
>They put you under because of the pain
>They give you a lot of painkillers
>They tell you to put saltwater in there or it'll infect

I had to have the surgery TWICE because the lower ones were only starting to develop while the upper ones were already full grown, so i had to wait a year after the first surgery to get the second. It was only local anesthesia and antibiotics after the surgery, no painkillers just deal with the pain. As for the sockets, just pull out the food that gets stuck in there with anything and brush your teeth normally (i pulled it out carefully with a flat-ended toothpick.

I guess being from a third world shithole really helps you develop an actual immune system and resistance to pain and not become a pussy that has to rely on painkillers for everything.
>>
>>36582763
>that really depends on if you've eaten or drank anything 8 hours prior to the surgery, if not while you're out that shit can get sucked up into your lungs and you can die.
yea they told me not to eat or drink anything. I'm doing an IV.
>>
>>36582252
I was very anxious about it.
But it turned out fine! I got all four pulled, 2 were impacted, and I didn't even use any painkillers except for advil on the first day.

The most embarrassing thing I did was get the hiccups immediately after and hit on one of the nurses. She was nice about it though I'm sure she's used to it.
>>
File: 05 - 7C4G2SU.gif (684KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
05 - 7C4G2SU.gif
684KB, 500x441px
>>36582252
I had mine removed a few months ago. All 4. They put you in a chair, stick a needle in your arm and you wake up seconds later. You feel like you can think but your thoughts are only somewhat coherent. Your thoughts should resume from what you were thinking when you last slept. I thought I'd say embarrassing shit, nope just tried to tell jokes. When I woke up I was asking for some paper to write jokes down. Wasn't until hours later when it wore off that I realised how weird that was. During those hours, my mouth was bleeding so I kept changing out the cotton they give you. The amount changed will depend on person. After a few hours the bleeding stopped.

After that, a few pills every meal for a couple weeks. This is the worst part. You can't eat many foods and you'll probably get a lot of pain over a long time. You'll get pills for the pain though. I never really felt any pain until the last few days of the antibacterial pills though. I also was eating foods(any kind of solid small crunchy snack food) I shouldn't have soon after the surgery. So ehhhh my experience was among the better ones.

Nowadays I still feel this gap at the back of my mouth between my teeth and gums. Not a big deal.
>>
>>36583220
Purge yourself third world normie scum this isn't fucking /jp/
>>
>>36583080
Oh wait I forgot to ask, you can't eat either before you're filling procedure right?
>>
Getting my wisdom teeth pulled out was fucking painful both during the surgery and even after. I do blame it on the fact I have TMJ, and getting those teeth pulled out aggravated it like none other. Also get put under, I was awake during the surgery because my family has a "bad history" with anesthesia but being awake during it is super freaky. Even with all the drugs they give you.
>>
>>36583316
definitely wait an hour AFTER and i suppose an hour and a half BEFORE
>>
Had all 4 pulled when I was 18. The bottom two were impacted and my gums had to be cut to get them out. I remember when the anesthesia wore off I was in agony, thank god for percocet.
>>
>>36583062
Um...if I cry during my filling procedure will they think I'm pathetic.
What do I do to not get nervous about the pinching? Are you from UK? I'm from us.
>>
>>36583315
>this isn't fucking /jp/
I guess it's not strange to watch you queer think the only place other than america is japan since you probably never leave your anti-germs bubble, faggot
>>
>>36582252
They numb you and sometimes give you local a anesthetic. They might also prescribe you pain pills which you don't need but I recommend you take just for the hell of it.

It's not that bad. It's an excuse off work/school if you have either of those going on. If you're a NEET then your time "recovering" will be like any other day. Only real problem I had was intermittent bleeding for a day or two after,
>>
>>36583380
my bad tl;dr :D

>>>/ck/
>>
>>36582252
It doesn't hurt because they drug you. I had mine pulled out a year ago,bottom ones. didn't hurt much even after medicine wore out. Just annoying I couldnt eat anything solid.
>>
>>36583308
haha you describe the anesthetic so perfectly. I didn't realize I was even being given the gas. I thought there would be a ton more prep nope I sat in the chair and they knocked me out. I woke up alone in a different room. I remember my first thought was "what the fuck?". Didn't realize I had the surgery until I had to be carried. Felt only half-conscious, but nothing embarrassing.
>>
>>36583452
That makes even less sense. Are you on painkillers right now and can't think clearly?
>>
File: IMG_0278.jpg (401KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
401KB, 1024x1365px
>>36582651
Just in case you still think I'm bullshitting.
>>
>>36583511
lmao its 4/26 you fucking retard
>>
>>36582252

The most important thing is to get twilight anesthesia instead of just numbing or gas.

I got 3 out, all impacted, and didn't feel or remember a thing. My friend got his out and it was agony because he only got numbing.
>>
>>36583503
You can stop the shitposting too mang
>>
>>36583511
>no 4 surface restoration to be seen
nice list, faggot
>>
>>36583563
Indeed, i'm off to sleep. Have a good one
>>
I had all 4 removed and it was like a movie. Just saw them put the mask over my face and literally 3 2 1 zzzzzzzzz

I woke up groggy a second later and it was done
>>
>>36583528
I was fixing it for you americans, but even then, forgot you're stuck in the past.
>>
>>36582357
I wouldn't worry about it. I drove one of my friends to get his teeth pulled and he was mostly talking about how the sandman was trying to kill him but he fought of the sandman by crying.
Pretty funny shit dude.
>>
File: 1200px-Blausen_0774_RootCanal.png (929KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Blausen_0774_RootCanal.png
929KB, 1200x1200px
>>36583368
>What do I do to not get nervous about the pinching?
Keep telling yourself "this is to avoid root canal", "at least it's not root canal".

It helps to have something to clench onto for the needle, like a small beanbag or something. I used my wallet.
>>
File: IMG_3701.jpg (29KB, 270x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3701.jpg
29KB, 270x319px
You guys are a bunch of pussies. Are you really that scared of having some fucking teeth pulled out? I'm probably gonna have to get a fucking Spinal Fusion done in my on my back. And I'm only 19 years old. I'll be on a Hydromorphone Drip and Methadone. My orthopedic surgeon is considering screwing medal rods into my spine to correct Scolosis. Kill yourselves.
>>
>>36582252

Had my wisdom teeth out a month or so before I went to college. Due to a variety of factors, I wasn't able to keep great oral hygiene. I ended up getting a abcess in my jaw that leaked into my mouth. You ever see videos of an abcess getting lanced? Imagine how that shit tastes. Went to the university medical facility and got referred to a local dentist that vacuumed that shit up. After that, no more issues.
>>
>>36583808
>I'm 19 and I have the affluence to afford all of this serious treatment
wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>had mine all removed at once
>dentist did not have an anesthesiologist on hand
>used injections
>novocaine
>my body has no reaction to novocaine
>felt the entire procedure
>slices in gums
>drilling
>breaking them out sideways
>picking out slivers with nerve endings attached
>felt it all.
>>
>>36582252
I was scared at first but it went totally fine
>got there so early I wasn't really awake to begin with
>you get a simple IV
>when you wake up you bite down on cotton for a few hours and take hydrocodone/ibuprofen mix and feel little to no pain
>don't touch anything for about a day or talk
>salt water rinses every few hours the next day
>taper off the pain meds
>drink lotsa water n rest
>take your antibiotics for a few days and put earl grey tea bags on the incision sites if they bleed
>maybe a little jaw ache after 4 days
>by a week or so it just clears up

overall it was nothing to be concerned about. but pro-tips:
don't take the hydrocodone for longer than you ABSOLUTELY have to. So maybe 2-3 days. It fucks up your everything else. also try and not talk or move your jaw at all for quite a while on the first day. Also don't freak out if a stitch comes out. Mine came out on the second day because i bit them out in my sleep but nothing bad happened. also
DON'T SMOKE. you will get dry socket.
>>
>>36583808
I was diagnosed with Scoliosis too, albeit at the age 14. I wore the brace, no surgery for me!
>>
File: IMG_3647.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3647.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>>36583827
Fucking nothing? Would you be brave enough to have this shit done to you nigger? I've had my wisdom teeth removed. It's a fucking joked compared to this. Recover is 1-2 years and the risk of complications are 15%. Man the fuck up. It's just teeth.
https://youtu.be/f2dcp-Fc-xc
>>
>>36584036
Can't you just wear a back brace or something?
>>
>>36584096
Only an option when diagnosed early.

If you grow up to adulthood with it, you're fucked.
>>
I'm 20 and have already had 6 teeth pulled, they weren't wisdom teeth but it still hurt like hell, and one time the pain lingered for like 3 weeks afterward because of the dry socket. my dentist said it's recommended that you get your wisdom teeth out, but no way in hell am I doing that shit.
>>
>>36582357
Then request to be awake.
I was awake when I got my teeth out.
Didn't feel shit, though the squealing of the drill is an unpleasant sound.
The hard part is not being able to eat real food for like a week.
>>
>>36582445
Don't puss out, local anesthesia is good enough
>>
>>36582357
>>36582412
>>36582518
>>36582543
Don't get your teeth pulled out by a dentist. Have it done by an oral surgeon or at a hospital.

They just knock you out and you wake up completely sober. No laughing gas or other loopy shit. I was able to drive myself home after the surgery.
>>
>>36584002
>hydrocodone
How necessary is this shit? Couldn't I just keep taking strong painkillers?
>>
>get surgery
>be put under
>wake up
>nurse tells me I kept asking if they took my kidneys when I first came out of Anesthesia
>>
>>36584463
I took it once on the day of surgery.
Didn't need painkillers after that.
>>
>>36582252
I wasn't put unconscious for my procedure, so I just went through it. I didn't say anything weird just felt high as fuck for a bit.
>>
I have never had a surgery. My mother (in her infinite normie wisdom) just straight up signed me up for getting my wisdom teeth removed in a couple weeks.

This thread is the last thing I fucking needed.
>>
I only had local anesthesia and was conscious. The dentist I had made sure I didn't feel anything, and it went by pretty fast. The pain is only pretty bad for the first day or two, and it subsides after that. The only thing that really fucking sucks is that you can't eat shit other than liquids for about a week.
>>
It hurts really bad. Worst pain I've ever had in my life. You'll probably die from it, maybe even worse. I'm one of the lucky few that made it out, but not without a cost.
>>
>>36584113
Meant to say if you grow up with scoliosis without the brace. Make sure you get your back checked out, kids.
>>
>>36584126
Enjoy the severe infections.
Enjoy the irreversable damage to the adjacent molar.
Enjoy the inevitable permanent nerve pain.
>>
Are there any risks when being put to sleep?
>>
>all these people getting gas
Is this a normal thing in the USA? I just got several narcotica shots in my mouth and the shit started. I wasn't drugged out and was fully aware of everything, I just didn't feel any pain. The bone saw was fucking weird, though.
>>
Had all 4 impacted which is worst case scenario. Was put under so can't say much about the procedure, but the rest of the day after surgery sucks. Jaw pain constant bleeding. 2nd day was painful but took the nice opiates I was given. By a week I was almost 100%, and felt much better after without the wisdoms crowding up my mouth
>>
>>36585947
yes? i got gas and an IV
what country are you in?
>>
>>36586038
Germany, I got only pulled out two at a time, though. If you get them out all at once some will give you a full narcosis aswell, still not really that often.
>>
>>36586038
>i got gas and an IV
what is it about americans loving gas?
>>
>>36586810
>what is it about americans loving gas?
They just can't resist that sweet BRAAAAPING
>>
>>36582721
>nobody told me what was happening
Did you fucking sue them or something? i dont think thats legal
>>
Is it best to have wisdom teeth removed even if they're facing straight out?
>>
>>36588367
I knew a guy that left them in like that and it made problems for him later on in life. Since they're way in the back and closer to where your mandible hinges, they rub more and wear out faster. I don't know if everyone has that problem though.
>>
Oh yeah it hurts all right, but nothing a man can't handle
>>
Pussies itt

Got them all taken out with just basic numbing needles and felt nothing. Was awake the whole time.

Didn't even need the pain pills they gave me either.

An Asian did it for me

Also getting knocked out requires you to go to a surgeon which costs way more money which is why I didn't bother with it
>>
>>36582252
No its fine. I had 3 ripped out at once.

If you get general anaesthetic then ignore those meme videos of people high as fuck when waking up. Waking up from general anaesthetic feels like you're super drunk. Thats it.
>>
Anyone had fillings/root canal lately?
>>
File: 1484280715538.jpg (18KB, 480x339px) Image search: [Google]
1484280715538.jpg
18KB, 480x339px
>>36582252
>tfw the only time you've ever had the courage to hit on a girl was when you were incredibly fucked up from getting your wisdom teeth out
im pretty sure that nurse liked me... but then again I hardly remember anything
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.