[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the beginning stage of depression feel like, robots?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What does the beginning stage of depression feel like, robots? Not sure if depressed but bitch, I might be.
>>
>>36580160
You'll begin to be a lot more lazy then usual.
>>
File: Screenshot (29).png (870KB, 1505x847px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (29).png
870KB, 1505x847px
>>36580160
slow down kid, you'll cut yourself
>>
>>36580160
can sleep/ sleep too much
can't eat/ eat too much
0 motivation to do things you once enjoyed
long stretches of sadness, like over 7 days at a time.
that kinda shit.
>>
>>36580190

Check

[Spoiler]this original post[/spoiler]
>>
>>36580160
It's post 6 weeks of grief, if you get over it within 6 weeks, you're all good, (not depressed) just a regular reaction to a sorrowful event.
>>
Unmotivated, lack of interest, lack of a "rush" from activities that formerly gave you a rush, feeling sad, really tired even if you haven't done a lot, aches and pains in your body, weird feeling in your jaw, suicidal thoughts, thoughts of self-harm.
>>
>>36580248
I don't have aches and pains or suicidal thoughts, but holy shit I'm just down and tired and lazy all the time. I don't know what to do.
>>
At first you'll probably feel a bit out of touch with reality. You'll have less energy and you just won't feel yourself in some cage hard to explain way. If something has triggered your depression, whatever it was will always be on your mind. As the depression worsens you'll have less and less energy and you'll probably just want to stay in bed because sleeping is the closest thing you can get to death without actually doing the deed. At this point, when you are awake you'll be incredibly emotional and dwelling on past mistakes and how there's no course to correct things other than death, it will seem like a certainty and a rational decision. Also, you may get physical symptoms like a knd of brain fog and almost a mindache. Eventually, if you don't kill yourself your emotions will deaden and you'll slowly start to be able to function again, you'll be changed for good now and any idealism and hope you had for a happy life will probably be replaced with cynicism. Much like how a scar is the result of tissue healing, toughening the afflicted area but leaving a permanent blemish, you will grow a stone like persona, protecting you from getting hurt again but limiting your connection to the world. You will come out of it finally understanding why some people kill themselves.

I'm just projecting though lel
>>
Okay, so lets say my main complaint is a constant internal monologue telling me how stupid and boring and annoying I am, and thats why I don't have friends. And this self loathing is the primary cause of my depression symptoms (low appetite, brain fog, sadness, lack of motivation, over sleeping). Do you think thats general depression or run-of-the-mill chronically low self esteem?
>>
>>36580583
Its probably just low self esteem but I mean, fuck if I know. About your worries though, the "stupid, boring, annoying", this probably isn't true at all and you're just trying to make sense of your lack of friends. Honestly mate, a lot if that shit is just luck. I'm boring as fuck, probably genuinely autistic, talk in a monotone voice and not really funny. I have friends because I was forced to befriend people as a kid who my parents knew. They tolerate me out of loyalty and obligation now, I doubt they like me in an objective sense.

I'd recommend just following the usual meme advice. Sort your diet out. Eating haven't alleviates a lot of health problems. Exercise to some time extent, even if its just a walk somewhere. If you have hobbies or things you enjoy, try and do them. Anything is better than sitting there dwelling on your problems. Productivity and energy seems to be like a snowball effect, the more you do, the easier it gets. Oh and most importantly, get off this website asap. Its toxic as fuck and will only make you further disillusioned with the world.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.