[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would someone go to college for an English major or fine

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1487460287090.jpg (48KB, 438x597px) Image search: [Google]
1487460287090.jpg
48KB, 438x597px
Why would someone go to college for an English major or fine arts.
I like reading stories about people who got meme degrees and can't find a job now what would make you want to go into debt just to say you went to college.
>>
My parents really wanted me to go. I'm a complete loser -- kissless virgin, meme degree, drink too much, depressed, etc. But at least if someone asked me "What have you done that your Dad is proud of?" I could respond with something I did that resembles an achievement. Yes, it was an easy degree, yes, I do soul-sucking work that is completely unrelated to Literature. But at least now, for my parents sake, they can think something about their son other than he is a walking black hole that consumes resources and gives nothing back to society. If I had went for math or science, I would have failed out, or worse just hated life for 4 years. An easy degree was really my only option - I'm stupid. Me going to college was a big deal for my parents, it wasn't the major so much as the degree itself.

That's why I went.
>>
>>36579054
college is a meme anyway unless you're in sciences
the apprenticeship program is the only tertiary education i support
>>
I don't know but it is just so intriguing to watch people willingly ruin their lives for no reason
>>
are you aware that you write like a middleschooler? im talking about the punctuation, it ruins the whole pace of your text and makes you look dumb.

im not even an english major or anything like that.
>>
>>36579320
go back to red dit
originaley
>>
>>36579361
i mean, you even took the time to add periods where question marks shouldve been put.
>>
>>36578597
I got an English degree because English is the only subject I enjoy studying.

It didn't matter what degree I got because all I wanted was to teach English overseas in other countries. So here I am in Tianjin Teaching English for acceptable wages.
>>
>>36579440
Similarly, I did it because I enjoyed it. Now I'm an English teacher sharing what I love for a decent salary. There's no way I could do something I hated just for more money.
>>
I have a passion in life for creating art and the like, I would like to make money of it one day.

But I decided to go into the electrician trade because college for art is a scam.
>>
I go to college for free, major in history, and next year I start a job that pays 20/hr for easy office work. s'alright.
>>
I started in English but transferred out after a semester after hearing from multiple sources that it was a fucking stupid idea to major in English.

Also, looking back on it my uni's English dept. was festering with leftism.
>>
I'm graduating with a degree in Spanish and I got offered a salaried medical interpreter job. I'll make 41600/year and I get to work from home.
>>
>>36581061
how did you get the job? I just want a comfy office job and don't care about money that much
>>
>>36581061
well, it started with an unpaid internship with the feds, so, not an easy route
>>
>>36581216
meant to reply to you with this >>36581399
>>
>>36581399
tfw junior year and still didn't score an internship yet cause autism
>>
>>36578597
Fuck if I know, I joined mili 17 got bach at 24, by 24 had 3 houses by 30 mastere and 48 houses college is a joke just took the funds was free
>>
>>36581486
I was in the same position as you, junior and no internships and no real desire to try and get one. But then my department sent out an internship application for a dept in the federal government and I only applied because they didn't need references. so basically luck
>>
>>36581788
Was it competitive in terms of a lot of other top students applied?
>>
>>36582065
nah, It wasn't competitive luckily, although I did have a good GPA so that may habe helped
>>
>>36578597
Went to college for Interactive Media Design (basically doing 3d art on the computer - i wanted to create video games) I went 2 years and got to know the director really well. He gave me a recommendation for a local graphic design firm and I've been there for 3 years. I quit school at the end of the semester he got me the job.

Art school is for connections and building a portfolio. Two things you can do without going to school if you work hard. But like most things, you can take shortcuts with more money.

Still getting shafted with those student loans tho
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.