[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you are watching your parents get older

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

File: keep it together.gif (2MB, 560x302px) Image search: [Google]
keep it together.gif
2MB, 560x302px
>tfw you are watching your parents get older
>>
>tfw you are watching your parents get older while doing nothing to make them proud of you
>tfw they're probably going to die disappointed that their son is a neet failure whos afraid to go outside
>>
>>36557832
I know this feel well.

Oregegegrge he ejdhzib a ks jsbsksb sj sj sbs dhd djd dn
>>
>>36557832
>>36557882
>only child
but him trying my best. i just hate seeing them age.
>>
>>36558004
>younger son
>older brother has a girlfriend, a job and is always busy doing stuff
>be me, looking at jobs, too paranoid to apply to any of them
>never had a girlfriend
>massive inferiority complex

i'm fucking doomed, bots
>>
File: 1472676549580.png (755KB, 1058x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1472676549580.png
755KB, 1058x1024px
>>36557832
>tfw early on in life you were the sibling that everyone expected to do fine and not be a failure
>tfw now you're the fuck up son and will never amount to anything in life
>>
>Dad has gone 100% grey and I didn't notice until the process was complete
>What kind of son am I?
>>
>>36557770
>tfw you're finally stronger than your dad, the strongest person you know.

I didn't know how to feel about this then and I still don't know.
>>
>>36558004
>tfw older brother
>no job, no gf, no friends, virgin, barely graduated high school
>younger brother is a straight A student, lots of friends, I don't know or even want to know about his love life but girls seem to like him
>unbearable guilt
>regularly shamed by family
when should I shoot myself lads?
>>
File: padre.jpg (79KB, 634x718px) Image search: [Google]
padre.jpg
79KB, 634x718px
>tfw dad has been dying in hospital for months
>tfw only visited once
>>
>>36558258
my dad has been 100% gray since i was born so it's been easy to notice zero difference
conversely my mom is strangely ageless

>>36558449
i am the younger brother in a similar situation
just know that the grades don't make me happy, the friends will all leave me eventually, and the girls will too
>>
>>36558302
My dad had a stroke that took most of his vision a few months ago so he is pretty weak. It is literally the worst feeling in the world, its like watching your hero suffer from kryptonite or some bullshit. It's not fair, I shouldn't have to be the one to carry my entire family.
>>
>>36557770
>Mom is becoming useless
>Her memory is shitty
I didnt care at first but yesterday she looked at my eyes and said
>"anon please be patient with me"
i dnt know how to feel desu
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (100KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
100KB, 1000x746px
tfw my dad is 54 years older than me. He is 72, I am 18.
>>
>>36558909
Holy shit that is depressing
Imagine having to deal with your mind decaying, and your son, who she loves, is getting pissy with her.
>>
File: 1475634828648.png (396KB, 638x634px) Image search: [Google]
1475634828648.png
396KB, 638x634px
>>36558909
my mom is blind in one eye and the poor depth perception makes her clumsier. her memory's not that great either and i've gotta repeat or reexplain things sometimes. I don't want her to die...
>>
>>36558909
it's really hard for me to tell whether my mom is becoming senile because she's always been loopy and weird

when i was younger it was always mildly annoying but never concerning

now i come home and she's doing some weird shit and i can't figure out whether she's losing it or just objectively doing the same stuff she always did
>>
>>36558962
The thing is she is still young, idk what happened to her, thats why i get angry i guess.
>>36558994
sorry to hear that anon, how old is she?

Also my grandmom has shit eyesight, cant hear nothing and has to take pills constantly. Of the 6 grandkids she has im the only one that talks to her, makes me feel pretty sad for her what should i do
>>36559032
Same here anon, i dont know if she is becoming a basic bitch, asking me about the simplest of things or if she is getting old real fast
>>
My parents are both over 60 years old now.

By 2020 they'll be almost 70.
>>
>>36558688
Go visit him you inconsiderate fuck.
>>
>>36558881
That's rough dude, sorry to hear.
>>
Who else here was conceived too late in their parents' lives? I'm not even 20 yet, and both my parents are already near death for different reasons.
>>
>>36557770
Delete this OP.
I already feel bad enough tonight.
>>
>Only child.
>Literally the only capable male with my last name left to reproduce and carry on the family name.
>Only other male with the family name who is in the age range of producing children is my cousin who is a legitimate retard...like he actually lives in a home for the mentally disabled.
>I'm the last hope for my family name.
>I'm currently a 26 year old virgin with no sexual or romantic experience.

The pressure is real.
>>
>>36557770
Shit man, this actually has been weighing on me a lot lately.

It's really rough to see, and they're not even really that old yet. Not that I'm even that close to them, but considering I'm an only child they're pretty much the only people in the world I have a real emotional connection to. It doesn't even bother me in relation to my own mortality, but it really hurts to see these people that you have been both biologically and emotionally connected to for your entire life start to lose their vitality.
>>
>>36558950
I thought the 40-year gap between me and my father was bad, then I saw this. I'm truly sorry that things turned out that way bro, spend as much time with him as you can. Go to a local college, etc if you can do so.
>>
>>36557770
>tfw both parents are getting older, dad just had his 61
> face reality they will both die sometime in the near future
>tfw who will I have then?
>>
>>36557770
>tfw watch dad go from a big strong, confident, healthy, black haired, bantmaster to a frail, grey haired, sunken eyed, stooping, weak cancer patient in the space of barely 10 years.
>>
>>36557832
at least my older brother is successful.

i am actively trying to make my life better but im fucking stupid/lazy. i used to hate my parents for not letting play my games and being control but after going to university i realize they truly do love me a lot and are the most patient people in my life.

I want to help mummy and daddy live comfortable lives and I am happy that they are doing quite well financially. We used to struggle a lot and especially my dad was worried about getting laid off back in 2008--2009.
>>
>>36558057

Same tbqphwy senpai. Same.
>>
>>36559072
> TFW when both my maternal grandparents and my paternal great grandparents have died within an 11 year timeframe, and my paternal grandfather is riddled with various diseases that should have killed him years ago

> tfw by the time I have kids my mum will be almost as old as my grandmother when I was a small child
>>
>>36557770
Im going to cry so much when me mum dies... we arent thar clise, but ive been trying to talk to her more now that im older, i dont want her to die without knowing that she meant a lot to me
>>
>>36560474
>tfw 42 year gap
feels extremely bad man

honestly i just hope my mom and dad are happy
they are unqualified successes in a personal sense, they have gone through 20+ years of marriage and i've never even seen them fight

they definitely still think i'm successful and in a limited sense i guess i am (graduated college, going to graduate school...) but i hope they don't let reality seep in for as long as they can
i know i can't be a normie like they probably imagined i was when they decided they were going to have me but hopefully the curtain doesn't drop, for their sake more than for mine
>>
>>36557770
I envy you guys who have good relations with your parents, I'm not close to them at all. We've never really been able to get along and at best we can just tolerate each others presence.
>>
yeah my dad is 65 going on 66
my mom is 59 going on 60

my grandma is going to be 100 soon.
I want to die but I am waiting for all of my loved ones first
>>
>>36560893
>I want to die but I am waiting for all of my loved ones first

I know this feel way too fucking well.
>>
>>36560950
sorry man. we'll get there. I hope I don't make it to 100 though.. it pains me enough as it is to know that my gram has seen such degeneracy like we have today
>>
File: its popping.jpg (45KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
its popping.jpg
45KB, 320x278px
>>36558909
>anon please be patient with me

AHHHHHHHHHHHH MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

I hope you hugged her and asked for forgiveness, you nigger.
>>
File: crying wojak.png (22KB, 816x758px) Image search: [Google]
crying wojak.png
22KB, 816x758px
>>36557770
I sincerely feel your pain
>>
Does anyone else have parents that are decades away from dying but you still can notice the effects of aging on them since you were a child? I can remember when I showed my parents something to read and they didn't need to hold it away from them to read it. Also, mom and dad's hair are now filled with gray hairs when I remember mom self conscience about getting strands of white hairs from stress
>>
>>36557770
My dad killed himself a week ago. He was 51. The older I have gotten the reality of my parents mortality has become more prominent but I never thought this is how I'd lose my dad. I thought I'd at least have another 20-25 years before I'd be dealing with something like this. I've been the one making all the arrangements too so the whole thing has just felt so surreal.
>>
>>36561471
So, so, so, sorry that this happened to you man. I am here to talk if you need to. Please seek some form of counselling even if you don't entirely feel like you need it. I fear that when your awareness of the event has fully set in, you may have a breakdown and do something reckless that could bring harm to you.
>>
>>36561727
In a weird way the fact that I've been left in charge has been a nice distraction from my thoughts. When I know everything has been resolved and his final affairs are in order I'm going to seek help for myself. I've been in a bad place myself for the last 10 years and after going through this I realize I don't want to put anyone through this myself.

It's just crazy. We spent all of Easter Sunday together and had a great time. The last time I saw him was last Tuesday and we had another nice visit, said we loved each other and made plans to see each other again over the weekend. I had no idea he was in so much pain.
>>
>>36558193
Iktf so hard brau
>>
File: 1492203933399.jpg (879KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1492203933399.jpg
879KB, 3072x2304px
>>36557770

>dad was successful businessman, creator, inventor etc.
>Met and worked with interesting people, traveled to interesting locations, had an impact on the lives of thousands of people
>He did all of this with an iron will and determination

>Be 12
>Dad is dying
>On his dying bed he tells me among other things "I see myself in all of your actions and that's why I know you will achieve greatness in your life"

Fast forward 9 years

>College dropout virgin NEET

I don't deserve the trust he put in me and feel eternal pain because of it
>>
File: 1376113913284.jpg (66KB, 498x562px) Image search: [Google]
1376113913284.jpg
66KB, 498x562px
>>36557770
It disgusts me. life is truly not worth it.
To lose your faculties and skills, to become weak and diseased, disgusting.
And to top it all off my mother disappoints me daily, morally speaking.
I wish i was raised in a military orphanage, i would be just as miserable, but the illusion of parents wouldn't have been shattered.
>>
>>36562043
Do It for him man, in his honour
>>
>>36562323
>do it for the dude that bailed when he was 12
Don't worry bro, if your dad died young chances are you will too
>>
>>36562043
Didn't lose my virginity until 24. Dropped out of college, too.

I'm now married and at a job making 44.60/hr. I've never been happier. Don't give up.
>>
>tfw your dad was a turbo chad and doesn't know what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>36562352
stfu nigger, that "dude" was his father you defeatist fuck
There is always hope no matter what especially If you do It for honour
>>
File: 3535.jpg (25KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
3535.jpg
25KB, 600x450px
>tfw dad died four years ago
>tfw hardly talk to mom anymore
>tfw haven't talked to grandparents since dad died
>>
>>36558193
you latterly described my older brother , he always had As but when he went to high school he simply just dropped out and never continued studying idk why
>>
>>36562647
It's actually been proven in multiple studies that if you tell a kid that they are smart, it makes them feel entitled to shit. Like they should never have to work for success.

Even if you know it was easy for them to get that A+ or that science prize, you should always say, "It seems like you worked really hard on that!" rather than, "Wow! You're really smart!"
>>
>>36562647
my point of failure was post-undergrad. I didn't leave with a job or internship and fell flat on my face and never recovered. I really should be dead/homeless. as the older brother I put so much pressure on myself to become the breadwinner after my dad passed away that I just collapsed once I realized all that time focusing on studies and being told I was smart was for nothing because it's much more important to know people than to know academics
>>
>>36561845
this genuinely makes me sad im sorry anon i hope you can all get through this and good luck
>>
File: 1492560970274.jpg (560KB, 776x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1492560970274.jpg
560KB, 776x1054px
>>36562352
>bailed

see you can't really call it that.
I own a house, financed through money I inherited from him, and own his former investment fund (which is managed by someone locally and my mom helps me out with all the financial decisions)

I'm in a financially secure position and have every tool at my disposal to become successful and ironically it's exactly that circumstance that fucks with me.
This man worked his whole life and instead of enjoying the fruit of his labor he decided to entrust me with it, and what came off it?
An autistic do nothing failure who can't get anything right.
>>
>>36560779

Don't worry anon, people who are able to stay together for 20 years without fighting much are usually quite tolerant and wouldn't care all that much that you aren't a normo.

They just want you to be happy.
>>
My mom died about seven or eight years ago, when she was in her late fifties, and I was left alone, with no brothers or sisters, with my 70+ yo dad. I was terrified of having to take care of him as he got older and it was quite obvious that he was deteriorating, his memory wasn't what it used to be, he started having heart problems, etc. But then he died rather suddenly as well, so that sort of resolved itself.

Sorry for the blog post, but what else would you expect in a thread like this.
>>
>go a month or two without seeing mother
>when i see her she looks ever so slightly older
>>
File: 1487207721796.png (625KB, 500x794px) Image search: [Google]
1487207721796.png
625KB, 500x794px
>tfw dad is almost 70 and mom just turned 60
>>
Bad feels man. My dad had liver cancer and got a transplant. Dont know how much longer he has...
>>
>tfw 21 and my mother is 44.

We have many many nights of wine drinking and political discussions ahead of us. And that makes me warm and comfy inside.
>>
my dad is an autistic gypsy sperg who i hate too much to tolerate, my parents broke up when i was 1yo and i was recently diagnosed with autism. mom is fat, but at least she gives me gibmedats and enables my neetlife
>>
File: 14.jpg (33KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
33KB, 800x800px
>>36557770
fukin sucks lad
>>
>>36557770
>>36557832
I don't want this feel.

riggydig
>>
File: 1489532735261.jpg (23KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
1489532735261.jpg
23KB, 600x238px
Never know that feel this hard before lads
>>
>>36564721
drunk posting does weird stuff to your mind and gives you different feels.
>>
File: 1492512417410.png (2MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492512417410.png
2MB, 768x1024px
>>36557770
>tfw parents are around age 70 and you're still a NEET with no future
One chance at life
>>
>tfw my mom hasn't gotten laid in 20 years
>tfw my mom hasn't dated anyone in 20 years
>tfw my mom has been alone for two entire decades
>tfw my mom has to deal with a 20 year old NEET living in her house who contributes absolutely nothing to anything
this explains why she is the way she is

this is bullshit.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.