[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STEAM GAMES THREAD

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: imgres.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.png
4KB, 225x225px
I have lost interest with most things in life, including most vidya games. I need a new game and a game that will consume lots of my time. PLEASE HELP ME. im on pc
>>
File: 1481299448348.png (91KB, 300x214px) Image search: [Google]
1481299448348.png
91KB, 300x214px
>>36548447
What kind of games do you like? I really enjoy Dark Souls 3. I'll play it with you if you get it and help you through the game, I know the entire thing pretty much by memory
>>
>>36548447
why? you should be happy. my life became infinitely better when I grew out of video games.

get a better hobby. exercise. read a book. you will feel better. video games are nothing but time sinks.
>>
>>36548447
Yesterday I did get Space Engineers, it was on sale pretty comfy desu If you like to create your own spaceships and bases. From other comfy games, I would recommend cities skylines or Talos Principle. And If you ask for some older games, play Dead Space 1 and 2 or Rise of Nations
>>
>>36548494
I tried ds3 once and returned it because i was being a bitch about the difficulty, but I was thinking about trying again and not letting myself fall apart. Is it worth it?
>>
>>36548963
100% worth it IMO. I had never played a souls game before I bought it and I love it to this day. If you get stuck I can help you through the entire game too, so that's cool. Co-op is available from the get go. I already carried my friend through it before so I wouldn't mind helping you
>>
>>36548494
>hey buy this game I will totally ruin it for you
sounds good
>>
What sort of games do you like to play? If you're a casual game, just look at whats on the top of the charts to see what catches your eye.
>>
>>36549058
Did you not read his post? He quit before because of the difficulty. Going through co-op is not "ruining" the game, anyways. I've done solo and co-op runs, and I can say whenever I have a friend with me I actually enjoy the game more. Quit being a salty bitch.
>>
>>36549094
getting carried literally defeats the entire point of dark souls
I once summoned somebody in dks1 and he ruined the boss fight by two-shotting it. literally never again.
>>
>>36549094
also if he didn't enjoy the difficulty then there are literally thousands of better games for him out there. the only appeal of dks3 is the challenging gameplay. take that away and you have a bare bones story and a simple world. why force yourself into playing a game tailored for the "hardcore reflex dodge roll" audience if you don't like that part?
>>
>>36548447
Player Unknown: Battlegrounds is excellent IMO.
Play on the one player mode for maximum fun.
>>
>>36549210
It's not "getting carried". You act like it's impossible to lose to a boss or have challenge with 2 people. I've died plenty of times with summons, on bosses I probably shouldn't have with my time investment into the game. If I want to help another player get their bearings or help them beat a boss that they are raging at, why is it "ruining it". Plus, why is playing a co-op run "defeating the purpose of the game"? The purpose is to have an enjoyable experience.

>>36549238
LOL, you have not played Dark Souls 3. The only appeal isn't the challenging gameplay. It's an RPG, so developing and personalizing your character to make a build that is unique and that you enjoy is rewarding, as well as the cool levels and world design. Half the fucking fun of Dark Souls is piecing together the story, by the way. Have you never played a souls game? Holy shit. If you have, I guarantee you you've summoned for Ornstein and Smough, so why are you even complaining in the first place? Why can't a player that has potential and is interesting in the world of Dark Souls but can't physically advance be barred off because it "ruins the experience"?
>>
>>36548447
fistful of frags, all other games are literally trash. also it's free
>>
>>36549362
>help them beat a boss that they are raging at, why is it "ruining it"
Because the enjoyment in Dark Souls comes from overcoming challenge and that alone. You're taking away the challenge thus ruining the experience.
>>36549362
I didn't summon for O&S. Not on my first playthrough and not on my SL1 playthrough. It took me about 25-30 times on my first playthrough but when I beat it it felt amazing. BECAUSE IT WASN'T EASY.

What you're suggesting is like saying "hey I know you don't like pepperoni pizza but if you buy one I can eat all the sausages for you". Why not just get another kind of pizza? The challenge is the reason people play souls games.

btw. dks1 had an amazing world, dks3 is just meh here's something we put together to fight these enemies in. It's only played for the gameplay.
>>
>>36549465
You're not wrong when it comes to the challenge aspect of the game. But when a person physically cannot beat the boss and it's preventing them from advancing in the game or making their blood boil, for certain people, it's just easier to call in a friend to help them rather than to just quit out and never come back to the game again (LIKE OP DID). Also, to suggest that the only reason Souls games are good is because of the challenge is bullshit. It's the only reason they're considered semi-mainstream, because the immense challenge of DS1 got turned into a meme. I almost quit DS because of the challenge, and after I got good enough to progress, I recognized it for what an interesting series it is. I'm playing the fucking game right now, enjoying myself. Not because it's hard, but because the gameplay is solid, the world is interesting (to me), and I want to make a pure faith build.
>>
DOTA 2, it has tons of modified maps, and playing against other humans is not as boring
>>
File: 1482145363518.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482145363518.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
I just discovered Phantasy Star Online 2. made me think what was I doing with my life up until now buying and playing other crappy games when there was this 10/10 game sitting there at no cost.
>>
>>36551710
>poorfag the post
lmaoing
>>
>>36551710
>Phantasy Star Online 2
is this game free?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.