[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are morals just a spook?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170208_051047.png (2MB, 1080x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170208_051047.png
2MB, 1080x1066px
Are morals just a spook?
>>
>>36541064

Morals are a meme forced by normies.
All normies stick to certain morals, even if they don't agree with them.

In reality "morals" differ by person.
>>
File: Leo_of_Catania.jpg (43KB, 498x600px) Image search: [Google]
Leo_of_Catania.jpg
43KB, 498x600px
>>36541064
Yes.
The concept of morality exists solely to, along with many other constructions, keep the lower classes in check.
Those with real power do whatever they wish. 'Morality' boils down to how much power you have and how well you can project that power.
>>
No. The reason things feel right is because they are based in evolutionary biology
>>
>>36541200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_giMfU3zQbM
>>
>>36541064
everything is a spook, only trust thyself
>>
>>36541133
>>36541176
>>36541200
You're all right. Morality is a social construct that improves survival of the species. Those who can survive without the aid of society are not bound by morality. You are bound by morality because you'll die if your mom kicks you out of her attic.
>>
>>36541229
>that omegle fag that doesnt do anything but watch youtube videos
>>
>>36541064
At least you had the decency to post this on /r9k/ and not on /lit/.
But yes, I think that morality is a spook. That doesn't mean that it is something bad. Without morality this world would fall apart from to shitting and pissing on the streets to killing whoever you do not like.
>>
File: 1465825907124.png (157KB, 672x373px) Image search: [Google]
1465825907124.png
157KB, 672x373px
They are a spook in the way of morals only existing in our minds. They are not an intrinsic part of our universe, they are just an effect of humans having consciousness.
>>
Some of it is. Some of it isn't.

There's a clear evolutionary advantage of say not killing your close relatives because humans existed for thousands of years in tribes in which cooperation was essential. In a way, it still is. People just take it for granted now days because society manipulates the lower class enough that we get easy access to food, shelter, clothing, and water without having to respect the people who make all that happen. As a result, morality becomes taken for granted because most people don't value the things society has given them.
>>
>>36541133
But normies have morals dummy, they only pick and choose their own morality
>>
>>36541561
Except if I was rich and had all the power in the world and my mom died I would be sad.
>>
>>36541064
As many other people have said, morals are a spook. The only reason people follow them is because they've been taught them their entire lives. For our cases, at least a select few of us here follow them because it'd be seen as strange if we didn't. If we hadn't been taught morals, we would be killing others and stealing indiscriminately.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.